December Update 4th December.

• Thread starter neddyie118
  • 80 comments
What a beast
32308178238_7b918be807_o.png

45267478835_28bc2357dc_o.png

I love the new main menu. What an uplifting improvement over what it used to be! The new HUD arrangement not so much, but it's still early days.

TVR Speed 12 has been added? Nice, I wonder when and how to collect it. It's always good to see more cars added to under-represented manufacturers.

Xbox 360 era cars getting carried over to FM7 from FH4 is something I have been thinking about for a while. It makes perfect sense because Turn 10 is sticking with FM7 development for several more months. Thereby none of the stuff (re)introduced in FH4 will make it to Forza Motorsport anytime soon, unless of course cars are being made available across both franchises over time, such as the TVR.

I suppose this leaves some hope for other future additions:

MGB
RX-7 Spirit R
S2000
FXX
etc.

A pleasent surprise! New 992 next, plz :-)

Too soon in my opinion. I'd rather see 917 K, 936 or 968 Turbo.

Unannounced added cars: 1991 BMW M3 Forza Edition (looks pretty nice with some boxy arches and BBS Turbofans) and 1998 TVR Cerbera Speed 12.

Neither is available in the autoshow, and it's too early to tell if they'll be in the level up rotation, but they're both usable as rentals.
I was just gifted the 1987 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am GTA FE, and the 1991 BMW M3 FE is being given out to everyone who takes part in the December Spotlight Challenge.
EDIT: The '91 M3 FE is my next driver level milestone reward car.

Last edited:
The new main menu is freakin' beautiful! I love how it's so colourful than before, and the speed of the transitions. The new placement for your driver and car is also nice. :)

The new HUD will take some getting used to though, and the Speedometer seems a little squished in a bit. For rivals, I also love how it spawns a new ghost in after you beat the last one as well.

And the new 2018 BMW M8 GTE race car. My lord does it sound nice, including how its Turbocharger spools and flutters. :embarrassed:

Overall, another great monthly update by T10 once again! :D Can you imagine what else they'll have up their sleeves (the Race Regulation being one of them?) :)

Ask for the last car pack, I wouldn't mind seeing it at E3 next year with some form expansion for FM7. If it centers around a certain Japanese manufacturer and its cars, than I'm all in for it!!

Really looking forward to trying everything later tonight... From the pictures I've seen of the M3 FE it looks like it has the FH4 track adjustment done to it.

More than the better looking and faster loading menus, I like what this update says about the game, that they are still hard at work on it and it hasn't been put on the back burner just because a new Horizon is out.

And not to mention they definitely still will work on this deep into 2019. Such as they plan to introduce race regs, revamped AI, they still plan to complete experimental drag, they plan to introduce more painting options, and in between that more bugs get fixed.

Tested out the update; Love the menus! Nice and colourful with a speed increase, awesome. The FFB, it feels slightly better nothing significant but on a wheel for me at least (my opinion), the problem has never been the FFB but rather the physics. I like FM7 don’t get me wrong but not a fan of the physics 👍

T10 still isn't utilizing the very convenient, evenly lit turntable area in the garage for upgrading and livery editing. What gives?

Not to discredit any of the work they've done in the new update; I love this update, but some decisions still boggle my mind.

I am loving the new update. The design changes are so much better, and the BMW is kick ass. The only thing I am wanting is the thing I've been wanting for a year now.... the new 2018 IndyCar! Please oh please, make it happen Turn 10!

Patch notes contain this gem:

Fixed an issue where a player’s car disappeared if they toggle Simulation Damage to on in a Private MP match. This fix also applies to cars disappearing in public MP matches after contact or after pitting.

Although it only specifically mentions pitting during public races, if it also fixes the cars disappearing during pit stops in private matches as well, this is huge for the organized leagues out there.

It`s really a beast. And a beautiful racing car, can`t wait to see the liveries will be done with it.

Did a video when driving it for the first time. But I'm really rusted because I've been only playing FH4.

BTW, the new menus are much better and qucker. Great update so far. So glad they're working on the game. :)

One of the features of this update is easier accessibility for livery paint schemes. I have around 900 cars, and pretty close to that in livery paint schemes. But the game does not load them very well, for example the thumbnails do not show what is actually on the car. So I have to go into Paint editor and manually load them to get it to synch up. Often the paint scheme is buried way in the back, which makes it a royal pain in the butt to reload. Now, all paint schemes for that model of vehicle are in the front. I gotta say, this was a very pleasant surprise for me. A big Hallelujah moment in my opinion.

The In Race display has moved a couple of things. I don't like trying to figure out what lap I'm on. One thing they still haven't fixed is the fuel gauge. Just a plain white bar that goes down. I can't approximate how much fuel I've spent, as the darker part of the bar is tricky to tell how much has been used. (Until you get around the halfway point). Can't they clean that up? Or make it digital?

Back