December/1.27 Update Discussion

• Thread starter tankuroded
  • 742 comments
Remember this line in the update notice- "The Ferrari Vision Gran Turismo will be purchasable at Brand Central from December 23." I guess it could already be in the update on a time release. Or, Maybe Kaz has a Chrismas present for us.
i would not mind another update but find it unlikely

i would not mind another update but find it unlikely

I reckon there may be one of those interim/'emergency' type updates in the next week or so, to address bugs like the new races not showing as completed.

Glad I'm not the only one feeling this crap. I also found the Chiron to get happy feet when you cross over into 200mph territory. The C8 was doing it much earlier though like you said. I get that mid-engine cars can be twitchy and let loose with alot less notice, but I thought that was like a mid-corner thing.....not not simply going straight as an arrow and the thing just starts going haywire.
That’s because pd didn’t put the handling and top speed modes for the Chiron in game. The Veyron has them and you can see and feel the difference. Hopefully they patch it.

Did I miss the Ferrari VGT? I'm sure I answered the questions correctly, but I haven't logged on in a bit. Did I need to log on on exactly the 15th?

Did I miss the Ferrari VGT? I'm sure I answered the questions correctly, but I haven't logged on in a bit. Did I need to log on on exactly the 15th?
Nope. Assuming you answered the question correctly, it'll be given as a ticket in your "Rewards." I think you have a month to cash it in for the free car... otherwise, it will expire.

Nope. Assuming you answered the question correctly, it'll be given as a ticket in your "Rewards." I think you have a month to cash it in for the free car... otherwise, it will expire.
So, in my garage where the tickets are? I didn't see it there. And maybe I'm completely forgetting and I answered wrong. My memory isn't exactly known to be stellar 😜

So, in my garage where the tickets are? I didn't see it there. And maybe I'm completely forgetting and I answered wrong. My memory isn't exactly known to be stellar 😜
It was the opposite for me...I couldn't remember, that I got the answer for the Ferrari VGT right and was suprised to find that ticket for the Ferrari in my garage ;)

So, I did a thing. Just got PS5 up and running and GT7 installed from disk. Should I install all the updates or can I jump to the latest?
I haven't loaded the game up yet btw.

@Famine or any other who is able to say which way I should jump.

Last edited:
So, I did a thing. Just got PS5 up and running and GT7 installed from disk. Should I install all the updates or can I jump to the latest?
I haven't loaded the game up yet btw.

@Famine or any other who is able to say which way I should jump.
There's nothing you can do except install all the updates.

Or play Music Rally for the rest of time.

Off topic, but... Mostly said by people who have never had one. It's all relative. Are they more expensive to service than Toyotas? Sure. But they are way less expensive to work on than Porsches. I've had 5 new BMW's over the last 20 years. Never paid for a repair or service. The few minor things that needed to be worked on were covered by warranty. And, the last 3 have been virtually perfect. That's 3 cars over the course of 12 years that have needed no repairs. None. Daily drivers, driven in winter conditions, etc. and two of those have seen time on the track, so not garage queens. Performance cars come down to how much can you afford for the performance. If I had more money, it would have been Porsches. Or Ferraris. Or Lambos. Or Aston Martins. Yes, BMW is little more expensive than cheaper cars, but, duh. It's not really like some people make it out to be, and it's really nothing compared to the higher end brands. Now, back to our regularly scheduled program.
i’ve worked for BMW for 17 years, they’re not all as good as yours. they’re not all bad either 😉 just a good drivers car 🤙🏼

The ticket would be in your garage under the Rewards or Gifts or whatever it's called, same place as the daily workout ticket goes. If it's not there, you didn't get the answer correct.

My take on the new cars:

Ferrari VGT:

One of the best Vision Gran Turismo cars around, only second to the Mazda LM55 VGT.

Shame that it doesn't have enough downforce to keep pace with the LMP1 cars despite the pace it has, not to mention it guzzles a lot of fuel (on Gr. 1 races anyway, with accelerated fuel consumption and tire wear). But it is definitely useful for Hypercar events since, oddly enough, it's classified as a "Road Car".

PD and Ferrari should have made a Gr. 1 version.

C8 Corvette:

A welcome addition. Crisp handling but can get unstable on high power tunes.

Giulia GTAm:

My favorite among the new cars. I am surprised how capable it is for an FR. Grip and traction are excellent considering its weight. Love blasting it around the circuits, as much as how I enjoy driving the Porsche 911s in the game.

Bugatti Chiron:

Extremely fast, as expected. But of course the handling is nowhere near the fun and engaging type the Giulia and the C8 can offer.

Celica WRC:

Haven't driven it yet despite having bought it. But I think it would be an epic rally car.

Why is it classified under Group B, though?

As said before, PD uses "GR.B" as a blanket term for Rally cars period (To fit it alongside the GR.1, GR.2, GR.3 and GR.4 naming convention).

Thankfully, GR.X doesn't exist in GT7.

Last edited:
My take on the new cars:

Ferrari VGT:

One of the best Vision Gran Turismo cars around, only second to the Mazda LM55 VGT.

Shame that it doesn't have enough downforce to keep pace with the LMP1 cars despite the pace it has, not to mention it guzzles a lot of fuel (on Gr. 1 races anyway, with accelerated fuel consumption and tire wear). But it is definitely useful for Hypercar events since, oddly enough, it's classified as a "Road Car".

PD and Ferrari should have made a Gr. 1 version.

C8 Corvette:

A welcome addition. Crisp handling but can get unstable on high power tunes.

Giulia GTAm:

My favorite among the new cars. I am surprised how capable it is for an FR. Grip and traction are excellent considering its weight. Love blasting it around the circuits, as much as how I enjoy driving the Porsche 911s in the game.

Bugatti Chiron:

Extremely fast, as expected. But of course the handling is nowhere near the fun and engaging type the Giulia and the C8 can offer.

Celica WRC:

Haven't driven it yet despite having bought it. But I think it would be an epic rally car.

Why is it classified under Group B, though?
Celica WRC with high rpm turbo is so great in Le Mans 700.

I got the new races glitch as well on the PS4, the only result that got registered was the one from the first race I did (Bathurst). I did the races again in a different order but nothing changed, at least I got lucky with my roulette ticket :D

Gran Turismo™ 7_20221219202325.jpg

I am wondering if Ferrari will provide a road car version of the Vision GT.
It is a road car, or at least classified as such in the game.

If you mean a version with lower PP (let's say around 800), I'd love that as well. While there are ways to get it below 800PP for grinding Spa or Sardegna (min. ECU, max. ballast, moderate restrictor and intermediates), it becomes rather slugish and is not much fun anymore to drive (at least for me).
That Ferrari VGT it's a good car for those VGT events?
Imo yes, and also nice for the Hypercar events.

Back