December/1.27 Update Discussion

• Thread starter tankuroded
  • 742 comments
It's a bug with the 3 new races this patch. It will only count the result of the first (of the three) you complete. Afterwards, it will not count the results of the other two races.

So if you did Bathurst before the Nurburgring or Monza, it will count Bathurst but not Nurburgring or Monza when you do those races.
What was that Kaz said about users doing QA testing? Clearly nobody at PD even bothered to finish all these races. Or they did and just didn't care.

Last edited:
What was that Kaz said about users doing QA testing? Clearly nobody at PD even bothered to finish all these races. Or they did and just didn't care.
Maybe they count on the fact that most players won't play it anyway just because of the small amount of the credit reward for winning.
I still think that these are the procedures by which they try to make it as difficult and disgusting for the players to play the game in the normal way that we are used to.

It's a bug with the 3 new races this patch. It will only count the result of the first (of the three) you complete. Afterwards, it will not count the results of the other two races.

So if you did Bathurst before the Nurburgring or Monza, it will count Bathurst but not Nurburgring or Monza when you do those races.
That’s not accurate. I can see my best results on two of the new events and the third I haven’t yet done.

Last edited:
I have tried this event once and finished 2nd. The event thumbnail also said 2nd afterwards. PS4.
On my end, I did Nurburgring and Monza, and those counted, did the Bathurst one about 3 times now and it STILL isn't working! Plus, it only keeps playing GET AWAY by Nittoka Inoue throughout that whole race, despite me having several songs switched on in the Music Library!

On my end, I did Nurburgring and Monza, and those counted, did the Bathurst one about 3 times now and it STILL isn't working! Plus, it only keeps playing GET AWAY by Nittoka Inoue throughout that whole race, despite me having several songs switched on in the Music Library!
Couriosly enough, all new races counted for me on first try.
From what I read here and on reddit, the error seems to be rather random and on both PS4 and PS5, regardless of the order you complete the events in.

Can't say anything on the race music as I've switched it off.

Edit: I made a poll over on reddit to get a feel for the scope of the problem, so please feel free to participate if you're on reddit as well.

Last edited:
I think it's the dry weight of the car. Maybe.
Even if its close to the dry weight that still doesn't make any sense. The C7's weight is correct for a fully laden car. Ditto most vehicles in the game. What's also curious is the game got the C8's hp wrong. The base Stingray is 490 hp. The Z51 is 495 (Chevy says this has to do with the exhaust, though it wouldn't surprise me if the output is identical). However in the game it's 494hp. Which is just funny, because this minor detail is easy to get correct.
Interesting thoughts. Personally I'm not excited about the C8. I drove it on Goodwood Motor Circuit and I was at my first attempt just 0,5 seconds faster than with a C7. Both cars unchanged. I'm not sure if PD added the new C8 Corvette in a realistic way. I was disappointed by the handling. Still too stiff.

I'm sure that's not the only thing they messed up with the C8. I was really disappointed about its driving behaviour.
Dirty little secret about the C8 Stingray is that it's really no faster than a base C7. Think about it. It's 250 lb heavier than a C7 with only 30 extra hp. All of it's outstanding straight line numbers are the result of better launch grip (from mid engine) and a faster automatic transmission with shorter gearing. The base C8 was created just as a foundation for all of the bonkers high level Corvettes coming down the line, the Z06 being the first. Unfortunately the base car is considerably worse off for the efforts.

Car and Driver did a direct comparison between the 2 when the C8 first came out. Z51 vs Z51. I think the C8 was about 0.5 seconds quicker. When it's that close, the bigger difference will be driver.

Last edited:
You could just spend 4k credits, buy the Ferrari paint, and paint it Rosso Corsa... or Rosso Scuderia... or Giallo Modena... Or any other Ferrari colour for that matter... ??
@GOTMAXPOWER for reference i tried this out and it looks pretty sexy in Rosso Corsa. It loses some of the decals (racing numbers, etc) but still looks good! 👌

Last edited:
Hello Guys,

long time lurker (really long time... Since GT5P days. Damn I'm old lol) here. I registred to comment on this specific update because its the first time a car I own gets added to GT (or to be more correct: a variant). In this case I'm talking about the Giulia GTAm. I own a more civil 2.0L i4 Giulia, but it still feels amazing to see the car your sitting in every day for the last 5 years in a video game. I can't comment on the engine/handling of the car as I have never driven the Q or GTAm in real life, but what I found really amazing in my first laps around Monza was that the light reflections on the (matte) center display look as it does inside mine car. Can be a track specific coincidence. I had little time to play the game since yesterday but Im curious whether the Giulias amazing steering responsiveness can be felt in its virtual counterpart too.

=> My favorite update so far!

@GOTMAXPOWER for reference i tried this out and it looks pretty sexy in Rosso Corsa. It loses some of the decals (racing numbers, etc) but still looks good! 👌
Now I've driven it I quite like the grey, I had a look at repainting but didn't like the naked look so I'll see how the red looks in the dealer next week. It drives pretty nicely so I wouldn't be too upset at losing 500k to buy another.

Did those 3 events and they all say 1st so no problem here

Order I did them and the car I used.

Monza - Vulcan
Mount Panorama - C8R dress up C8
Nurburgring - Vulcan
Same ,all show 1st here,PS5

Monza - New Bugatti
Nurb - Mercedes AMG GT Black
Mt Panorama - New Corvette.

Took the C8 out to Road Atlanta for an arcade race. LOVE THIS CAR!!! Compared to the C7, the power delivery, while increased, seems very similar. But in the C7 my focus during corner entry/exit is centered on throttle inputs, while in the C8 I can let the car micro-slide more under throttle and focus more on steering inputs. All that combined with the natural low-end torque of the small block makes for a very unique MR experience.

Been out of town and away from my rig for a few months, so I am just now able to experience Road Atlanta. Love this track, and great addition to the GT series. Need some Sophy up in here though, cause I hate lines the AI takes through the Esses.

View media item 134060

Took both the C8 and the Giulia to the Ring. I did add in most of the racing stuff minus turbos/supers and softs. Wild beasts these. Still haven't found anything that compares to the Cayman GT4 but these definitely have personalities. Especially the Giulia. Acts like the real car except I haven't had to service this one yet.

Heads-up regading the Ferrari VGT - although it is not yet in the Brand Central, someone on Reddit managed to get it from a regular workout ticket.
sq6ncaubd66a1.png

Last edited:
Anyone else hoping we get a "surprise" update next week? This seems like a pretty lame Christmas "gift" update. PD has a fairly decent history of making the update around Christmas extra special and this one is left lacking. I would almost have expected the 5 new cars to be given to everyone (that logged in during the week of Christmas) as free, not requiring purchase.

Don't take this as me crying/complaining about wanting more more more. There's plenty in the game to still keep me busy. Just a thought/muse about what we just got compared to the past.

Hello Guys,

long time lurker (really long time... Since GT5P days. Damn I'm old lol) here. I registred to comment on this specific update because its the first time a car I own gets added to GT (or to be more correct: a variant). In this case I'm talking about the Giulia GTAm. I own a more civil 2.0L i4 Giulia, but it still feels amazing to see the car your sitting in every day for the last 5 years in a video game. I can't comment on the engine/handling of the car as I have never driven the Q or GTAm in real life, but what I found really amazing in my first laps around Monza was that the light reflections on the (matte) center display look as it does inside mine car. Can be a track specific coincidence. I had little time to play the game since yesterday but Im curious whether the Giulias amazing steering responsiveness can be felt in its virtual counterpart too.

=> My favorite update so far!
That was an interesting description of your car, can you post a picture of it? And what other good benefits do you get out of it?

Used the Ferrari vgt in one of the recent st croix cafe races I hadn’t done yet and it stomped ass.

Last edited:
That was an interesting description of your car, can you post a picture of it? And what other good benefits do you get out of it?
Hi Chris30, its actually nothing special, just the base petrol model here in germany. I managed to get a good deal though and added options like the LSD, exterior package of the 280hp model and adaptive dampers.
You made me notice now that I barely have a single pic of it without a family member or friends which I of course dont want to share here :sly: Here a pic of it when I picked it up from the dealer:
6D3D1875-CFEC-41A4-B03F-ADB7B1E8015A.png

As I can't afford to trash it around in real life I'm glad I can do it in GT now! Hope PD adds the i4 Jule and V6 Q down the line also.

The first thing I did after the update was buy the Bugatti Chiron and take it to Le Mans. I thought it would handle the track well but it felt like a total dog. I was missing braking points, turning in too late and going off the track. Oh dear. I then bought 2 C8 Corvettes - one to keep as standard and another to modify into something resembling the race car. I took my modified car to Daytona and it handled the upgrades rather well. I then took the standard car to Willow Springs and did about 20 laps because it was soo easy to drive. It wasn't stressful in the slightest and the balance was almost perfect. I don't know much data PD got from Chevrolet but if it's any indication as to how the real car performs, it's been engineered in a way that inspires confidence no matter your driving skill. It truly is an accessible mid-engine sports car. It's what Honda SHOULD'VE done with the '17 NSX.

The Giulia GTAm has plenty of poke, on par with BMW's but it doesn't sound that exciting. Unfortunately it's slower than the Taycan on Maggiore so it's not the fastest 4 door car, but it's pretty damn close. However you have to remember that this is an ALFA ROMEO, a brand which hasn't produced a rear drive sedan in almost 30 years. The fact that I'm even comparing the car to the German offerings speak volumes about it's performance. I then drove the Ferrari VGT on Fuji and it actually handled like a normal car - void of any weird characteristics that plague soo many VGTs have for some reason. I'm going to keep it.

Anyway, back to the Chiron. I was quite disappointed with the way it performed at Le Mans and I wanted to throw it in the bin, but after spending such a large sum of money on it I decided not to and took it to Catalunya to see how it would handle a shorter, more technical circuit. To my surprise, it handled the course really well and felt way more spry than it did at Le Mans. Although that was probably more to do with me than the car:lol: I also took it to Dragon Trail Seaside to see how it compared to the Veyron I drove a few days ago. Night and day difference. The Veyron is all over the place whilst the Chiron is not, particularly under brakes. Not bad for a car that weighs 2 tonnes.

Grab yourself a second Alfa and mod that to full race spec and I think you will feel differently about how she sounds.

Hi Chris30, its actually nothing special, just the base petrol model here in germany. I managed to get a good deal though and added options like the LSD, exterior package of the 280hp model and adaptive dampers.
You made me notice now that I barely have a single pic of it without a family member or friends which I of course dont want to share here :sly: Here a pic of it when I picked it up from the dealer:

As I can't afford to trash it around in real life I'm glad I can do it in GT now! Hope PD adds the i4 Jule and V6 Q down the line also.

Nice choice! These are fantastic looking vehicles, I get what you mean about seeing your own car in game, had that same feeling with my last car which was a Megane RS265 which I basically took the RS250 and modded it to the 265 spec.

Last edited:
Couriosly enough, all new races counted for me on first try.
From what I read here and on reddit, the error seems to be rather random and on both PS4 and PS5, regardless of the order you complete the events in.

Can't say anything on the race music as I've switched it off.

Edit: I made a poll over on reddit to get a feel for the scope of the problem, so please feel free to participate if you're on reddit as well.
Likewise, mine all counted first go.
My order was:
Mt Panorama - New Corvette C8
Monza - New Ferrari VGT
Nurburgring - New Alfa Giulia
On PS5

Heads-up regading the Ferrari VGT - although it is not yet in the Brand Central, someone on Reddit managed to get it from a regular workout ticket.
sq6ncaubd66a1.png
This is hilarious AF, and another interesting fact is that the Reddit fellow won the Ferrari in a different color. So I guess the car will be available in more coloring options when it pops up at Brand Central.

Not that the livery editor hasn't come to the rescue already, but it's still nice to see.

Anyone else hoping we get a "surprise" update next week? This seems like a pretty lame Christmas "gift" update. PD has a fairly decent history of making the update around Christmas extra special and this one is left lacking. I would almost have expected the 5 new cars to be given to everyone (that logged in during the week of Christmas) as free, not requiring purchase.

Don't take this as me crying/complaining about wanting more more more. There's plenty in the game to still keep me busy. Just a thought/muse about what we just got compared to the past.
No, I don’t.

I was hyped for the C8 but I've been quickly disappointed. The car wanders all over the place at higher speeds while other corvettes all the way down to the C4 don't have this issue. More downforce doesn't fix it. The car glides all over the place like a sloppy mess.

The car feels like it was implemented REALLY badly.

The C4 C6 and C7's almost all feel really planted with the C4 and C7 ZR1 feeling like a rocket ship on rails, the C8 feels like a washed out drunk olympic sprinter.

Needless to say, I waited for this car sine the game came out and I have been utterly disappointed.

I am wondering if Ferrari will provide a road car version of the Vision GT.

What I like about this latest update is that we got more current cars from 2020. Hoping they will provide us with more current cars from 2020-2022. We have been getting many updates with older cars and this latest update was a surprise.

What I don't like about this update is that we still don't have hot chicks in Bikini Car Wash yet.

Now when are all of these car companies going to step up their game with the Vision GT program:

• Abarth
  • Alfa Romeo
  • Amuse
  • Autobianchi
  • BAC
  • Chevrolet
  • Citroen
  • FIAT
  • Ford
  • Genesis
  • Maserati
  • MINI
  • Pagani
  • Plymouth
  • Pontiac
  • Radical
  • Renault
  • Shelby

I am wondering if Ferrari will provide a road car version of the Vision GT.

What I like about this latest update is that we got more current cars from 2020. Hoping they will provide us with more current cars from 2020-2022. We have been getting many updates with older cars and this latest update was a surprise.

What I don't like about this update is that we still don't have hot chicks in Bikini Car Wash yet.

Now when are all of these car companies going to step up their game with the Vision GT program:

• Abarth
  • Alfa Romeo
  • Amuse
  • Autobianchi
  • BAC
  • Chevrolet
  • Citroen
  • FIAT
  • Ford
  • Genesis
  • Maserati
  • MINI
  • Pagani
  • Plymouth
  • Pontiac
  • Radical
  • Renault
  • Shelby
Genesis will probably be the next one since they've already teased it.

Back