December/1.27 Update Discussion

• Thread starter tankuroded
  • 742 comments
I was hyped for the C8 but I've been quickly disappointed. The car wanders all over the place at higher speeds while other corvettes all the way down to the C4 don't have this issue. More downforce doesn't fix it. The car glides all over the place like a sloppy mess.

The car feels like it was implemented REALLY badly.

The C4 C6 and C7's almost all feel really planted with the C4 and C7 ZR1 feeling like a rocket ship on rails, the C8 feels like a washed out drunk olympic sprinter.

Needless to say, I waited for this car sine the game came out and I have been utterly disappointed.
Yeah, I had to really set it up to make it drive better. But maybe it was because I drove the Alfa first before trying the C8. The Alfa was super grippy for 500ish hp.

My new love! (the car...;) )

S_Company East_.jpeg

Has anyone else noticed that the Chiron lacks the handling and top speed mode that the Veyron has? The wing just has the up right and air brake position without the ride height changing. With the Veyron you can actually feel and see the difference in game when you start traveling at higher speeds. The car also drives like it’s unstable as well.

Last edited:
Was the handling altered so it’s a bit harder now? I only got GT7 about a month ago, but licence tests were pretty easy to get gold (i’m at int. A). I’ve also done a couple of circuit experiences, and I was able to do gold them so far (they were harder than lincense for me though), but I tried to do the Barcelona circuit exp yesterday and been struggling with it a lot, I even gave it up to go back to it another time. Not sure if it’s just me being a bit **** or the game got a bit harder.

Was the handling altered so it’s a bit harder now? I only got GT7 about a month ago, but licence tests were pretty easy to get gold (i’m at int. A). I’ve also done a couple of circuit experiences, and I was able to do gold them so far (they were harder than lincense for me though), but I tried to do the Barcelona circuit exp yesterday and been struggling with it a lot, I even gave it up to go back to it another time. Not sure if it’s just me being a bit **** or the game got a bit harder.

Some circuit experiences are, or were very tough.

Not sure how much its changed in recent months, but some were always at least as tough as most license tests.

I was hyped for the C8 but I've been quickly disappointed. The car wanders all over the place at higher speeds while other corvettes all the way down to the C4 don't have this issue. More downforce doesn't fix it. The car glides all over the place like a sloppy mess.

The C4 C6 and C7's almost all feel really planted with the C4 and C7 ZR1 feeling like a rocket ship on rails, the C8 feels like a washed out drunk olympic sprinter.

Needless to say, I waited for this car sine the game came out and I have been utterly disappointed.
The older Vettes are FR and the C8 is MR, correct? I don't know how it is in reality but in GT7 i absolutely hate all MR cars. Some say it's better since a physics update but to me it seems only aliens and super professionals are saying that. I can't control these things...

Haven't see a mention of it, and if I missed it I apologize!

But the Ferrari VGT doesn't allow for simultaneous use of the throttle and brakes. The moment a brake input is registered, no matter how little, the throttle cuts off. For a moment I thought my pedals were acting up, but the throttle input meter in the HUD didn't cut off.

Then I tried it on a straight, by just feathering the brakes, and the car cuts 100% of the throttle.

I wonder if this is by design, or if it's a bug with the car 🤔

The Mercedes F1 car was the same way in GTS, not sure why, or if it’s still like that in 7.

Monza super cars race is so nice. Driving around road car super machines is exactly what I wanted on this track, sad is not good payement.

Last edited:
I really wanted the C8. Now I realize it's just another Vette. My C7 is just as capable. The Alfa though, that one surprised me. I do enjoy that one.

The older Vettes are FR and the C8 is MR, correct? I don't know how it is in reality but in GT7 i absolutely hate all MR cars. Some say it's better since a physics update but to me it seems only aliens and super professionals are saying that. I can't control these things...
In all GT games that I have played so far (GT2, GT4, GTS and GT7) the MR cars were the most difficult cars for me to drive-in GT7 I find them easier to drive than in GTS though...

I'm impressed by the upgrades and noticeable difference they make to the C8. In stock form it's a perfectly civilised modern supercar. But with race upgrades it's a snarling beast.

yep this is the known issue since the last update , that some of the new races doesn't register

for me they did , it is a weird one
Only other bug I've encountered this game was a few months back which resulted in me not receiving any roulette tickets for doing the daily workout lol.

I am not getting credit for 2 of new races as well.
Me too. They'll probably fix this bug at the next patch/update. I had to do the race again as my OCD was bugging me (I've got 100% in everything else in the game and only come back to buy the new cars and complete the new races).

Last edited:
I'm impressed by the upgrades and noticeable difference they make to the C8. In stock form it's a perfectly civilised modern supercar. But with race upgrades it's a snarling beast.
How do you keep the thing from wanting to meander into a wall at high speeds?

Only other bug I've encountered this game was a few months back which resulted in me not receiving any roulette tickets for doing the daily workout lol.

Me too. They'll probably fix this bug at the next patch/update. I had to do the race again as my OCD was bugging me (I've got 100% in everything else in the game and only come back to buy the new cars and complete the new races).
Same, I raced them like 3 times each just to make sure it wasn't me or the car I was using lol

Last edited:
Hypercar race on Monza, just like all the other Hypercar races they added - Lopez sort of lumps around the top 5 until lap 3 in his AM Vulcan but after lap 3 he seems to have a massive speed boost out of nowhere, I know its on RH tyres too but its just laughably bad.

In my opinion the best update of year easily, i don’t belive we getting another update until the end of january
Remember this line in the update notice- "The Ferrari Vision Gran Turismo will be purchasable at Brand Central from December 23." I guess it could already be in the update on a time release. Or, Maybe Kaz has a Chrismas present for us.

Remember this line in the update notice- "The Ferrari Vision Gran Turismo will be purchasable at Brand Central from December 23." I guess it could already be in the update on a time release. Or, Maybe Kaz has a Chrismas present for us.
Odds are its on a timed release (Which wouldn't require an update) and its basically like the GR Supra from the Survey in GT Sport: Already in, but unlocked via certain requirements. Would be far from the first car that's done that as I believe this was first done in GT5 Prologue.

Last edited:
Odds are its on a timed release (Which wouldn't require an update) and its basically like the GR Supra from the Survey in GT Sport: Already in, but unlocked via certain requirements. Would be far from the first car that's done that as I believe this was first done in GT5 Prologue.
^Second this. It is highly doubtful that would they make another major update before Christmas with additional cars etc.
I'm disappointed I have to wait almost a week for the Ferrari VGT but that's the consequence of not watching the races and answering the questions (don't give a flying toss about them tbh)....

@GOTMAXPOWER for reference i tried this out and it looks pretty sexy in Rosso Corsa. It loses some of the decals (racing numbers, etc) but still looks good! 👌
@GOTMAXPOWER I've just finished a replica of the the Ferrari Vision GT livery in Rosso Corsa. Feel free to add it to your collection and use it. Should save you a fair chunk of coin... 👍👍

LINK

20829305157115388.jpg

Glad I'm not the only one feeling this crap. I also found the Chiron to get happy feet when you cross over into 200mph territory. The C8 was doing it much earlier though like you said. I get that mid-engine cars can be twitchy and let loose with alot less notice, but I thought that was like a mid-corner thing.....not not simply going straight as an arrow and the thing just starts going haywire.

Glad I'm not the only one feeling this crap. I also found the Chiron to get happy feet when you cross over into 200mph territory. The C8 was doing it much earlier though like you said. I get that mid-engine cars can be twitchy and let loose with alot less notice, but I thought that was like a mid-corner thing.....not not simply going straight as an arrow and the thing just starts going haywire.
Braking on turn in is another issue I find with these MR cars. Had a go with the C8 and upon braking coming into a corner, releasing the brakes and turn just a wee bit to fast and the arse end wants to overtake the front. It's like these MR cars have like a snap handling behaviour that can catch you off guard. Another culprit with these tendencies is the '92 Honda NSX. Super fun car to drive everywhere else, but you've gotta be extra smooth entering a corner otherwise there's gonna be a lot of 🤬. :lol:

Braking on turn in is another issue I find with these MR cars. Had a go with the C8 and upon braking coming into a corner, releasing the brakes and turn just a wee bit to fast and the arse end wants to overtake the front. It's like these MR cars have like a snap handling behaviour that can catch you off guard. Another culprit with these tendencies is the '92 Honda NSX. Super fun car to drive everywhere else, but you've gotta be extra smooth entering a corner otherwise there's gonna be a lot of 🤬. :lol:
Welcome to reality. Most MR cars will do this in the real world to if all the nannies are off. The initial run of the SW20 MR2 was notorious for it, so much that the revised the suspension with the '93 model to eliminate this behavior.

Welcome to reality. Most MR cars will do this in the real world to if all the nannies are off. The initial run of the SW20 MR2 was notorious for it, so much that the revised the suspension with the '93 model to eliminate this behavior.
Because with the 'nannies' off I'd expect the car to be able to drive straight and not feel like I need to get the tires rotated.

Already, this game sucks at implementing the limit of grip and the plateau you get. Every car in the game either grips or doesn't and with MR cars this is so much worse as small upsets cause your car to snap oversteer with no warning. What should at least be manageable turns into a constant fight into just keeping the car in line as you're playing the worst game of "hot or cold" ever

If you had a seasoned test-driver try out the C8 the way Polyphony believes it should behave, he'd tell you the car is a death trap, and I can already imagine what he says

"A sports car that can't go straight!"

"Even the simplest corner leaves me unsure whether or not I'll be able to turn through the corner"

"This car just skids everywhere!"

Where is the fun in doing the same events over and over and over and over and over and over again.
This list took me about 10minutes to come up with
Some are from previous GT games, some a real life races, some are adaptations of real life races
Championship Event
F1 Styled format

Super Formula @ Spa
Super Formula @ Barcelona
Super Formula @ Sao Palo
Super Formula @ Fuji
Super Formula @ Suzuka
Super Formula @ Red Bull Ring
Super Formula @ Nürburgring
Super Formula @ Monza
Super Formula @ Dragon Trail
Super Formula @ Maggiore
Super Formula @ Grand Valley(if we get this track)

11 F1 themed races, with 3 fictional tracks
If each race is similar to their F1 counterparts at 2hrs long, that is 22hrs of content
Each race must have random weather, not scripted weather this way each time you play it is new and exciting

Single Race Type Event

200miles @ Laguna Seca
Endurance Race from GT2
Rough about time 1:25 with Group 3 cars
Total time 2hrs

30 Lap Trial Mountain
Endurance Race from GT2
Rough time 2:20 with 500pp limit road cars, no tuning, sport tires only
Total time about 1.5hrs

200km @ Kyoto Raceway(Yamagiwa)
Inspired by 200km at Apricot Hill from GT2
Rough time about 1:50 with Group 4 cars and 650pp limit
Total Race time about 1.5hrs

500miles @ Daytona(NASCAR inspired)
Real life event
Rough time is about 50s with Group 2 cars with downforce on lowest and gearbox set to 310
Total Race time about 3hrs

500miles @ Daytona(Indy Car Inspired)
Real life event
Rough time is about 50s with Super Formula
Total Race time under 3hrs

Fuji 1000km
Endurance Race from GT4
Rough time is about 1:35 with Group 2 cars
Real race goes for 6hrs

Tsukuba 9hrs
Endurance Race from GT4

Suzuka 1000km
Endurance Race from GT4
Rough time is about 1:55 with Group 2 cars
Race time about 6hrs

Grand Valley 300
Previous race from GT Titles
2hr race time IIRC

24hrs Circuit De La Sarthe
Real life event

24hrs @ Spa
Real life event

12hrs @ Bathurst
Real life event

24hrs @ Nordschleife
Real life event

Total time is 125hrs,
More Races to add,

6hrs @ Spa
Group 1 cars

6hrs @ Monza
Group 1 cars

10hrs @ Road Atlanta
Group 1 cars

6hrs @ Watkins Glen
Group 1 cars

12hrs of Sebring(A new track as well)
Group 1 cars.

Additional race for the F1 inspired series
Super Formula @ Sears Point(A new track as well)

These additional races are from the IMSA series.
At least an additional 42hrs just with endurance races, since we got a new track we will at least get 2 or 3 additional races on it.
Group 1 cars are not really needed for them, we could use more GT2 cars.

Back