Dell Car Pack

Just did some runs with the cars I wanted to drive the most from these pack, the Kia Stinger and of course, the epic Bugatti Chiron:

I tried that TTRS racecar on Rio and had fun with it, it's quite a great race car. I'll have to take it on the Nurburgring tomorrow against other racers to see how well it does. Anyway, it's overall a good pack; not the best pack though. I'd say the previous month's car pack was better.

Has anyone else noticed the long trail of smoke coming from the tires when going faster than 400 km/h in the Chiron? I don't know if this happens to any car in the game capable of those speeds, but it looks like one more of those strange issues that didn't plague the previous game. Sometimes I wonder how Turn 10 manages to release all those patch notes without getting rid of all the annoyances in plain sight.

Has anyone else noticed the long trail of smoke coming from the tires when going faster than 400 km/h in the Chiron? I don't know if this happens to any car in the game capable of those speeds, but it looks like one more of those strange issues that didn't plague the previous game. Sometimes I wonder how Turn 10 manages to release all those patch notes without getting rid of all the annoyances in plain sight.
I've been playing since Forza 4 and anytime you went 240 mph or above, there would be smoke coming from your tires.

I've been playing since Forza 4 and anytime you went 240 mph or above, there would be smoke coming from your tires.

So another old issue that has passed through years of scrutiny, or lack thereof. I don't recall seeing it when driving the Veryon in FM6.

The brakes are terrible, it can't take corners really well, it's heavy, once you homologate it it's not even competitive in its division and even gets destroyed by its older sibling... but hey, it can go 268mph and the kids love it.

It's as out of place as the Power Wagon, that Bugatti. :lol:

Maybe it's the game trying to show why its tyres can't last 10 minutes at top speed?

The brakes are terrible, it can't take corners really well, it's heavy, once you homologate it it's not even competitive in its division and even gets destroyed by its older sibling... but hey, it can go 268mph and the kids love it.

The negatives bring out the positives more to me :P

It's fun with unbeatable hypercar AI, wrestling it around the complex bits of the Nordschleife just knowing that once you hit the final straight you're going to pass everyone.

The Audi may wind up being my favorite car from the pack. :eek:

Granted it's division placement is still moronic, but at least we can do a spec field in free play with the "stock" version.

Now that I've driven all seven cars in this pack, I have to admit the Audi is the surprise standout. It's both fast and fun.

The brakes are fine and it handles considerably better than the Veyron. By no means an agile car but not surprising given the emphasis on speed.

DK
Maybe it's the game trying to show why its tyres can't last 10 minutes at top speed?

What is the top speed of the real Chiron? I think I've read it's electronically limited, whereas the car in FM7 doesn't even max out on the old Mulsanne straight.

The brakes are fine and it handles considerably better than the Veyron. By no means an agile car but not surprising given the emphasis on speed.

What is the top speed of the real Chiron? I think I've read it's electronically limited, whereas the car in FM7 doesn't even max out on the old Mulsanne straight.
I had her at just under 270mph last night iirc. I think that may be all she’s got stock since the climb in speed drops off at 265mph.

but hey, it can go 268mph and the kids love it.
DK
I just did the math and 268mph for 10 minutes is almost 45 miles (not including the miles driven to get up to that speed and back down again). I don't think there are many places in the world where you can drive a Chiron at top speed for a full ten minutes.

Not when you compare it to the other cars in the division. Look, I get what you're trying to say, but in the end it's fairly easy to see it's another car suited more for Horizon.

I just did the math and 268mph for 10 minutes is almost 45 miles (not including the miles driven to get up to that speed and back down again). I don't think there are many places in the world where you can drive a Chiron at top speed for a full ten minutes.

Ehra-Lessien or Nardo are two I guess. In game it's probably impossible, even at Daytona.

Granted it's division placement is still moronic, but at least we can do a spec field in free play with the "stock" version.
Even throwing it into a field of touring cars is a proper treat, did that with 2 buckets . It belongs right there!

A good car pack overall. The two cars I'm looking forward to the most are the Kia Stinger and of course the Bugatti Chiron. Many people say it's the kids who requested it but personally I'm really excited and surprised to see it and I was a kid when the original Need for Speed was released in 1994.
I think some people need to have a bit more understanding why kids today would want it.
Same way when I was a kid, my friends and I wanted to see and race with the likes of the XJ220, Isdera Commendatore 112i, Ford GT90, McLaren F1 etc.

I had her at just under 270mph last night iirc. I think that may be all she’s got stock since the climb in speed drops off at 265mph.

Same here but I feel it can go higher on a road longer than old Mulsanne, which happens to be the longest in FM7.

This pack's proof that T10 is not as evil or clueless as some people would paint them. And that you can add two offroaders per month to shore up the category before Horizon 4 comes out, without making people reach for their pitchforks. I was resigned to the fact that I was going to get my grubby mittens on this pack a day later than most people - as I'll be away on the 19th - but lo and behold, the guys at T10 decided to release it early. Thanks?

Speaking of "vehicles that can only be added on the condition that they come with a Bugatti Chiron"... The Ram 2500 immediately gains the dubious honor of being the most useless vehicle in Forza's roster. It drives pitifully on the track - its huge mass and dizzying ride height making cornering a daunting proposition, and the risk of wearing this 2.5 tons truck as a hat is always real - and doesn't even accelerate all that quick (although you may think so, because it makes an awful racket). But there's a bright side even to its addition: here in Italy, the Ram is associated with endless re-runs of Walker Texas Ranger... So I guess I can paint it silver and imagine I'm Chuck Norris? And jokes aside, I imagine that many people who'd rather have an all-American workhorse than an early-60s Italo-German fridge-on-wheels may disagree with my brutal assessment of the uselessness of this vehicle. All in all, while I don't really like its handling too much, and don't care for its styling or pedigree, I can appreciate the variety it adds to the car roster - being the first somewhat-reasonable pickup ever added to Forza. What's next, a diesel F-150? That'd be fun to drive around the Nordschleife!

Pros: a draft horse is something we lacked in Forza, and will make a fine addition to any Touristenfahrten lobby
Cons: as nimble as a sack of bricks, if not less

Nurburgring laptime: 09:46.379

Now, the Durango... This is the kind of tall-bodied vehicle you'd expect from Forza. Built on the same platform as the Jeep Grand Cherokee and several Mercedes models, the Durango's a remnant of the pre-FCA days of Dodge. But hey, don't worry! Because they brought it back to speed with an Hellcat-style front fascia, a 6.4 l HEMI engine and revised cycling. The result is the fastest car in its class, both on the quarter mile and on the track... Although it's not sure what's the competition in the "people-moving SUV with 500 horsepower" category. But nevertheless, this flying brick is surprisingly proficient and fun to drive - exhibiting an alarming propensity for throttle-off oversteer, that can however become a force for good if you don't mind drifting through all corners and ending up with shredded rear tyres after a couple of laps. It may as be just as useless as the Ram in game, and a hundred times more in real life, but hey - life is not all about useful things? We're playful animals, after all.

Pros: drifting fun for seven...
Cons: ...wheter you want to have that kind of fun, or not

Nurburgring laptime: 08:35.186

With the behemoths out of the way, it's now time to focus on the five "normal" cars in the pack... Starting with the HK Holden Monaro, a cherished Australian classic. I'm glad to see that T10's interest in exploring the world of "Supercars" from the Land Down Under hasn't dwindled after the days of Horizon 3 ended. Originally, the Monaro's range-topper was supposed to be the GTS V8, equipped with the first eight-cylinder engine developed by Holden; the belief was that the engine bay of the car was too small to fit a Chevrolet small-block. But development of the five-litre engine ran behind schedule, motivating the engineers to re-measure the space they had to work with: thus, this Frankenstein of a car - and a proud Australian tradition of marrying European-sized chassis and huge, torquey American engines - was born. The GTS 327 immediately made a splash in the Aussie racing scene: in 1968, Bruce McPhree famously drove one from the showroom floor to Mount Panorama, where he set the pole position, drove for the entirety of the race - with the exception of a lap-long lunch break, during which he left the wheel to his co-driver, Barry Mulholland - and won the Bathurst 500; and the year after, Norm Beechey would place third in the inaugural edition of the Australian Touring Car Championship, despite missing two races altogether. Driving dynamics don't disappoint - the HK Monaro is a relatively agile car, very easy to slide through corners thanks to a relatively low weight and the very wide power- and torque-band of the engine. It may not be the fastest car ever built, but it is undoubtedly up to the challenge presented by its division peers, and a hoot to drive, too.

Pros: as fun as any other classic Australian muscle - which is to say, a lot
Cons: short gears mean a low top speed

Nurburgring laptime: 09:13.582

The Stinger's Kia entry in the mid-sized luxury sedan market, where it faces well-established competitors like the BMW 5-series and cars of a much more renown pedigree like the Maserati Ghibli. The top-of-the-line GT fully embraces the sporty ambitions the model's styling and name (Stinger? What is this, GTA?) betray, offering a 3.3 litre turbocharged V6 powerplant and performance-oriented handling fine-tuning. Kia didn't really pull any punches developing its first super-sedan: BMW's M division engineering guru Albert Biermann was hired away from Ze Germans to develop the car, which was tested very extensively on the Nordschleife. But alas, the Stinger GT falls short of its ambitions, both in looks and in performance: with styling that's a pastiche of German and Japanese design tropes of the last five years and a somewhat-sloppy demeanor on track, it's not good enough to take on BMW's, Mercedes and recently-reanimated Alfa Romeo's offerings just yet. Still, this is not to say it's a bad car - the V6 sends all the right noises through the performance exhaust, and overall this Kia is a blast to drive.

Pros: a competent sports sedan from the manufacturer previously famous for the Cee'd
Cons: it's still not on the same planet as its German and Italian rivals

Nurburgring laptime: 08:17.142

T10's decision to add in the record-breaking TT RS entered by Rotek Racing in the 2017 Pikes Peak hillclimb is, in many ways, surprising: this is, after all, a car that has two strong links to Forza's main competitor, Gran Turismo, which is an important sponsor both to the Race to the Clouds, and the VLN Endurance Series that takes place on the Nordschleife and for which this spec racer was created. But it is, without a doubt, a very welcome surprise: the extreme aerodynamics and 380 horsepower of the inline-5 engine are enough to make it very enticing even if you've never watched a VLN race, and thus have no idea how fast it can be around everyone's favorite German track. If you know what to expect, it doesn't disappoint: sure, at times the TT will remind you of its nature as a high-powered FWD car by exhibiting the charateristic front-end pull, and generally speaking it'd be wise to clear the apex of a corner before firing the engine up, but it's otherwise a remarkably precise track weapon that could definitely shine in the Forza Touring Cars division, and deserves its own racing division... Which makes T10's decision to drop it in the Forza GT class instead, more than a bit disappointing. Oh, well - guess that just like with the Formula Mazda back in the FM6 days, we'll have to take matters into our own hands and set up our spec leagues?

Pros: incredibly fast and well-behaved for a wrong-wheel drive car
Cons: T10's asinine decision to place it in the wrong division means it won't get its chance to truly shine until FM8...

Nurburgring laptime: 07:22.823

With what I like to imagine is a raised middle finger, T10 decided to include the Chiron in the (basically unannounced) February car pack - thus not only disproving people who were incredibly sure it was only going to be added after the end of the validity of the Car Pass, but also maximizing its added "wow" factor. The car needs no introduction: designed to replace the venerable Veyron, this Bugatti's "more of the same": the gargantuan 8-litre W16 engine - which sounds like Armageddon - has been upgraded and now pushes 1500 horsepower, a power figure that's so absurd for a production car you may have been excused if you had a spit-take the first time you've come across it. But another important area of improvement was handling: thanks to a stiffer chassis and an improved suspension design, the Chiron's more of a track car than its predecessor. Granted, even that can't make miracles and turn a 2-ton sportscar into a nimble corner carver, and the copious amounts of power and torque contribute to make it a handful it when going at full chatter, but it's still a definite step forward over its predecessor.

Pros: the exhaust sound is so mean, it's actually a bit scary
Cons: it doesn't matter how good is your car's handling, 1500 horses are enough to push it past its limits at almost every corner

Nurburgring laptime: 07:09.536

Finally, we take a peek to the Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3 - a car that would've been the true star of the pack any other month, but has to fend off competition from the TT RS and is in any case completely eclipsed by the Chiron this February. Like January's M6 GT3, the Vantage comes just as the works team is about to abandon it in favor of a new GTE machine, but it'd be reasonable to expect it will remain quite popular amongst customer teams for quite a while still. The difference here is that the M6 was quite short-lived, while the Vantage's not: it first debuted all the way back in 2012, before the launch of the Xbox One and at a time when DLC was still coming out for Forza Motorsport 4. Regardless, late as it may be this Aston's a welcome addition to the ever-growing list of GT racers featured in Forza - and the scream of the front-mounted V12 is enough to make it an instant favorite of mine.

Pros: a long-awaited racecar finally joins the Forza car roster...
Cons: ...just as it turns obsolete

Nurburgring laptime: 07:06.860

Last edited:
I haven't driven all the cars in the pack yet, (I'm not into the SUV's or Pick Up Trucks). But, I just love the Audi as well. It was such a good drive on Nordschleife and in particular the handling on the turns and curves. Just like a latex glove! I am surprised no one has mentioned the Kia Stinger as being out of place. Does not belong in Sport Turing. In order to homolagate it's fitted with race parts, it is C class at stock. Speed wise its competitive, but it seriously lacks in handling. The Chiron is exactly what I expected, more or less. I still haven't tried the Aston Martin yet, (saving the best for last?) or the Holden. So far I really like this Car Pack.

I've mostly been driving the two racecars lately and I enjoy both.

The Audi is very well suited to the Ring which is of no big surprise seeing as though the car in reality was built for the VLN series first and foremost. I've yet to race it in its division so be interested to see how it stacks up against the more traditional GT cars.

Really enjoy the Aston, it is a bit tail happy out of the box but nothing too bad. You can certainly steer the car on the throttle though :D. Beautiful car. I've had the chance to check out one up close in real life and being 6'2 I tower over it and I cant imagine the likes of George Miedecke who has raced one in Australia jumping in and out with ease-especially since he's taller then me. The car doesnt sound as good as real life but still has that V12 scream so I'm happy.

Havent driven the Monaro yet which I'm looking forward to. Hopefully someone has created a Norm Beechey or Bruce McPhee livery as I'd love to lap Bathurst wearing one of those iconic liveries.

The Bugatti is fast in a straight line but haven't maxed it out speed wise or taken it to a set of corners so thats on the to do list.

So a RWD Durango is decent in C class. Not a leaderboard car, but you can definitely surprise a few people with it.

I have noticed that the Bugatti Chiron thumbnail on the buy car screen depicts the default manufacturer paint (light blue / dark blue) with light blue rims. However, the actual 3D model is wearing dark blue rims when sporting this default paint. I've also noticed that rim colors, which differ between the different manufacturer paint options, are glitched when accessed under paint & customize. Combinations can be made there which aren't possible when buying the car. Honestly, some of the latest DLC appears to have been rushed out a little too fast.

Last edited:
super happy that they put the car that i have IRL in this game.....super bummed it has stupid non standard bumper bar over-riders and mud flaps! ruined the clean look of one of the most iconic aussie muscle cars in real life.

The backend of the Chiron looks horrendous in the game, the interior isn't much better, just looks cheap and badly textured.

The whole car looks the same to me texture quality-wise. Are you sure it isn't just the aliasing being more noticeable around all the narrow egdes?

The whole car looks the same to me texture quality-wise. Are you sure it isn't just the aliasing being more noticeable around all the narrow egdes?
I don't think it was that. The rear in certain lighting conditions just looked extremely flat and uninspiring. The mesh around the rear light looked extremely out of place, and ugly.

Back