Dell Car Pack

I don't think it was that. The rear in certain lighting conditions just looked extremely flat and uninspiring. The mesh around the rear light looked extremely out of place, and ugly.

Hmm, @SimTourist's post inspired me to examine the car up close in photo mode and I didn't really stumble over anything that looks inconsistently developed. The area around the tail light does look jagged during gameplay, but to me it looks no different than the aliasing that lurks around most sharp edges in the game. In other words, the complex details on the Chiron's rear might not bring out the best in FM7 graphics. I'm not saying you guys are wrong, just my thoughts on why it might look the way it does.

Hmm, @SimTourist's post inspired me to examine the car up close in photo mode and I didn't really stumble over anything that looks inconsistently developed. The area around the tail light does look jagged during gameplay, but to me it looks no different than the aliasing that lurks around most sharp edges in the game. In other words, the complex details on the Chiron's rear might not bring out the best in FM7 graphics. I'm not saying you guys are wrong, just my thoughts on why it might look the way it does.
What stood out the most to me is how flat and dull the texture looks for the actual Mesh. At some points it even seemed like it was a 2d cutout, with no visibility past the actual grill, like they used to be in past games. I was noticing the issues when using photomode, specifically, so I'm not sure if it's seen similarly during gameplay. I didn't even want to shoot the rear because of it.

I noticed it the most on a bright track like Dubai. So I'm wondering if its just the harsher lighting that is messing with it.

What stood out the most to me is how flat and dull the texture looks for the actual Mesh. At some points it even seemed like it was a 2d cutout, with no visibility past the actual grill, like they used to be in past games. I was noticing the issues when using photomode, specifically, so I'm not sure if it's seen similarly during gameplay. I didn't even want to shoot the rear because of it.

I noticed it the most on a bright track like Dubai. So I'm wondering if its just the harsher lighting that is messing with it.

Ok, I'll approach it with more critical lenses the next time I sit down with the game. So far the overall graphical quality has been the least of my concerns about the Chiron, as suggested in one of my my previous posts. It's not unthinkable that Turn 10 should have spent some more time on it. If I'm not mistaken, the engine bay is not even prepared for Forzavista, which is rather disappointing for a car significant enough to have an entire car pack trailer all to itself.

Ok, I'll approach it with more critical lenses the next time I sit down with the game. So far the overall graphical quality has been the least of my concerns about the Chiron, as suggested in one of my my previous posts. It's not unthinkable that Turn 10 should have spent some more time on it. If I'm not mistaken, the engine bay is not even prepared for Forzavista, which is rather disappointing for a car significant enough to have an entire car pack trailer all to itself.
If anything, it's probably the fact that the photomode is my used part of the game, and I tend to dislike a car that may have any visual issues like that. It wasn't a prolonged amount of time I spent with it, I only shot about 3 pictures, so my memory may be playing tricks on me. I just remember it sticking out like a sore thumb in some instances.

Back