Derek Speare Designs - Button Boxes - Shifters - Great Gear

• Thread starter derekspeare
  • 1,567 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
United States
USA
Greetings GT Planet Members,

Are you interested in more realism to your sim racing efforts? Do you want to create a more immersive driving experiences? Are you interested in winning? Me too!

I’m Derek Speare and you may have heard of my high performance virtual racing components. I’m proud to offer the racing sim fan a veritable smorgasbord of gaming goodness and driving delicacies. I design, manufacture and distribute button boxes, shifters and various other components such as wheel adapters, circuit boards, SLI plates, all of which are perfectly suited to make any avid racer’s time in the cockpit more competitive, realistic and rewarding.

All of my components strike a balance between function, utility, economy and value. I am pleased to have thousands of customers worldwide who will say the same. It is my duty to see every customer be perfectly pleased with his or her purchase, and it is my privilege to serve each and every one. Have a look at my site for my entire lineup of components. Thanks in advance for stopping by!

Derek Speare

Just so everyone knows, this thread has been approved. 👍

This my Track Boss button box from Derek and it really adds to the immersion factor for racing. You can assign any of the 22 push buttons and 5 two way toggles. It also has two covered safeties and is covered with 3M Di-Noc carbon.
I have mine set up for iRacing.

buttonbox.jpg

The Derek Speare Pro Sequential shifter is the most realistic shifter I have ever used. It is solid and it is heavy. When you feel how much force it takes to shift it you know it is no toy like so many shifters on the market. It feels like it is right out of the Corvette C6R.

z005.jpg

Attachments

• Button Box 013.JPG
    Button Box 013.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,333
Last edited:
👍

I've seen Derek around the iRacing forums and discussed his products with quite a few people (including left888), all of which had nothing but good things to say.

If I buy a sequential shifter in the near future I will definitely get Derek's Pro Sequential shifter with the bent rod handle.

Just ordered the "Bent Rod Sequential Shifter"
Looks real nice and had my eye on it a while back.

£126.49 Inc shipping to UK
Derek's shipping prices are really good value too.

Last edited:
I have just ordered the Track Boss button box too. I'm curious about it! :dopey:

I want a button box, but I need a dedicated monitor for my rig. :(
You don't need any additional monitors for a button box, for a telemetry program a small monitor is a good idea.
I went with the 7" USB Liliput and it's only about $100, perfect for iSpeed telemetry.

Great to see you here Derek 👍 ......the best thing about DSD is their service.
I've heard all good things about him, through another forum that he has liaised with.

You don't need any additional monitors for a button box, for a telemetry program a small monitor is a good idea.
I went with the 7" USB Liliput and it's only about $100, perfect for iSpeed telemetry.

I mean a dedicated monitor in general, I have to use a monitor for school/general usage and when I want to play iracing I have to lug it around.

Hi Gents, thank you for your interest and well wishes :) I appreciate the orders from GT-Roadie and Mr Latte - I promise to impress!

Derek

Derek, I'm going to be buying one of your track boss's soon I think! Building a center console for my simpit.

(Nowhere near complete, but there will be a gearbox channel/center console on the left with my Z906 control pod built into it, and I'll have to make sure there's room for the track boss to go into! Thankfully you've got dimensions on your site.

I'm also interested in one of your sequential boxes, but I would need it to be 360 compatible through the Fanatec wheel. I'm going to guess that the switches inside are completely different in yours to what Fanatec has to offer.

Dear Mr. Speare,

Please hurry up with your pedal production. I have a pocket full of money and want to buy myself something nice for Mothers day. Thank you, Vince

I've been wondering if anyone ever built a sequential shifter. I like it and I want one, but from that image I would probably place it somewhere else.

I noticed that you took off your SLI boxes that you use to have for sale and now you only stock SLI Tabs. Are you going to be coming out with new SLI boxes/enclosures or have you stopped making them?

I haven't heard good things about your old SLI boxes (no offense) and was hoping that if you were making new ones that they'd be of better quality.

Anyway, there is a demand for these boxes to be honest so hopefully you get around in making a better v2 of the product. But its good that you have taken off the old ones. I wouldn't mind seeing an option that allows us to purchase from you a button box that also connects to a SLI within the SLI box hooked up to the button box. Good for people like me who can't even do simply DIY connections etc and would be happy to pay for it.

Anyway, good to see you around. I am sure your other products are great.

Last edited:
You have enough toys for now. I'm trying to play catch up. ;)

Well shoot if I only knew it was a race ... :sly:

I've been wondering if anyone ever built a sequential shifter. I like it and I want one, but from that image I would probably place it somewhere else.

I mounted it their because I had no alternatives at that time. The front end of my dash is getting re-engineered ATM and plans to move it to the optimum location will follow.

However I wonder how you can make that statement without actually seeing it in action. :)

left888
Well shoot if I only knew it was a race ... :sly:

It's a race when I'm pushing 50 and just now finding out about this "Sim" thing. Know what I mean. ;)

Hi gang,

I'm pleased to be part of the GTPlanet community and am planning a new promotion which will be of specific interest to the members here. More details will emerge soon.

For those who have become my new customers and friends as a result of the information here, thank you. I ship orders daily and you either have your orders already or they are shipping. :)

Cheers,

Derek Speare

Derek you should issue a combo pack! Like Track boss + Pro seq shifter combo for 10$ less or something like that!

How about I toss in a free set of pedals too ? :) :) :P

HPIM1349.jpg

HPIM1350.jpg

These are heading into closed testing this week. The arms are 5/16" alloy steel. There are no pads on them, but there will be pads on them :P

d

Has anyone opened up the DSD sequential? I just bought one with the fast track sims mount and need it to work with my Fanatec wheels, instead of going USB only. I know there have been a couple of people to do this with Frex but I like the DSD shifter much more, the look and looks like the action is better.

Looking to make it a universal sequential since I still play Forza and GT5 as well as PC.

thanks

Thank you for your order today. I have sent email confirmation to the email on file with the transaction.

My shifters are USB only. I don't recommend or support modifying my components as it's always possible to render them inoperable if something goes awry.

Derek

Thanks Derek, but if you've seen my thread here on GTPlanet you'll realize nothing stays stock for long. Check my thread for an idea ;)

When will the pedals be available?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back