Derek Speare Designs - Button Boxes - Shifters - Great Gear

• Thread starter derekspeare
  • 1,567 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me guess it's chrome with lots of buttons?

Pedals look nice Mr Speares, you tease...

Negative, Derek was kind enough to do a one off for me that I'm testing tonight. The quality of the mod is great. We'll see if it becomes standard. :)

Hi Derek sorry if this is wrong place to ask this? When will your dfgt wheel adaptor be avalibe or has it been discontinued? Been checking your site almost daily for three months and no joy. I know the dfgt is the cheapest wheel avalible wouldnt blame you if it is discontinued.

Best regards
V.Smith. (Wales uk)

Hi Men,

I'm pleased to announce that my gate plates for the Thrustmaster shifter will now be made from 12 gauge 6061 Aluminum Alloy (0.089", ~2.3mm). These plates are as tough as you'll get and are precision water jet cut, accurate to 0.001".

HPIM1356.jpg

I have them in stock for immediate shipment. They're 47.75 with free shipping to anywhere in the world. I only offer them in sets of three and can't offer one specific plate. They arrive to you in a natural finish for you to mount as is or for you to finish as you'd like.

Please see my site here:

http://www.derekspearedesigns.com/TH8-RS-Shfiter-Gate-Plates.html

Thanks for looking!

Derek

PS - the position in the lower right is for your R gear. It's like this so you don't have to calibrate your shifter each time you change a plate.

Ordered the DSD over sized shifter paddles this past Friday and got them this Monday. Freakin' love USPS coast to coast service. :)

Only thing I really wish was the over sized paddles were aluminum. My wheel has a 3" dish plus the thickness of the adapter, a bit of a stretch to reach the paddles, but better than not being able to reach them at all. If they were aluminum I'd atleast be able to bend them a bit to compensate for all the added offset.

Also already had the DSD wheel adapter and mini-plate. Always great stuff at a good price with quick answers to emails and orders. I think next on my list will be a sequential shifter too. So please buy from this man, you can't go wrong!

2012-05-22_22-09-59_117.jpg

2012-05-22_22-12-00_999.jpg

Ordered the DSD over sized shifter paddles this past Friday and got them this Monday. Freakin' love USPS coast to coast service. :)

Only thing I really wish was the over sized paddles were aluminum. My wheel has a 3" dish plus the thickness of the adapter, a bit of a stretch to reach the paddles, but better than not being able to reach them at all. If they were aluminum I'd atleast be able to bend them a bit to compensate for all the added offset.

Also already had the DSD wheel adapter and mini-plate. Always great stuff at a good price with quick answers to emails and orders. I think next on my list will be a sequential shifter too. So please buy from this man, you can't go wrong!

2012-05-22_22-09-59_117.jpg

2012-05-22_22-12-00_999.jpg

If I were you I'd get a flat wheel, buddy

Carson79
If I were you I'd get a flat wheel, buddy

My paddles are pretty much always mapped to handbrake. Hardly use them enough to shift to warrant the change to a flatter wheel. But I can reach them without any real discomfort when I tested the paddles out. Plus I like the look of the deep dish wheels, and I got the wheel new for $45 USD, hard to say no to that.

@MaliciousMD - I have ideas for all aluminum paddles, and as you can see from my post above, I am making gate plates from aluminum. The water jet allows me to make parts from metal, so paddles are the next thing on my list. Thank you much for posting your photos and thoughts! Your wheel looks great!

:gtpflag:

Derek,I did already the purchase of the button box GT1 and i can't wait to receive it!

Anyday now my DSD Pro Sequential will arrive, I havent been this excited about anything since I got my clubsports!

I think I'm just about ready for a seq shifter. I was pondering another TH8 but cant stop looking at Derek's, so I guess the question is whether it should be a Pro seq or a bent rod :sly:

Mr Latte
If a shifter with the bend was attached to an adjustable hinge or mount it could be possible to have it act as a straight handle or angled handle perhaps? :sly:

Example. The GamePod Buttkicker base plate.

The price difference between the bent and the straight rods is 20 USD. The bent shaft is VERY popular, and many of my customers tell me that they like it for the ergonomic feel. The shaft is bent at 20 degrees and is a custom piece I have made specifically for my shifter. It's not an inexpensive part to have made.

There are no other sim racing sequential shifters with a mechanism designed to give an accurate, "notchy" feel. It's the best you'll find, totally plug and race and is under 200 bucks shipped anywhere in the world.

NB - I don't recommend a pivot type mount unless it is very, very solid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back