Derek Speare Designs - Button Boxes - Shifters - Great Gear

• Thread starter derekspeare
  • 1,567 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_4521.JPG
Hi Derek! About csw panels, there is a customisation I just finished. Wood addict since the begining, I couldn't resist...

What do you think of it?

Hi Derek & Tom:
Button Box arrived today, right on schedule! It's even nicer than I imagined! Now I REALLY need to get back to work on my rig, attaching the Shifter & Pedals I purchased from you over two and a half years ago. Need to lengthen the footwell since your pedals operate properly & all others I've used move more "Down" than "Horizontally." The good news is that I've waited so long to attack it that I've come up with a mod that requires neither disassembly nor welding!
Many THANX...O.G.
old.gif

Excuse my ignorance... is there any button box compatible with the Playstation 4?
I know, I suck at these technical matters regarding Sim racing ;)

I stand corrected. Does Assetto Corsa allow you to bind buttons to them though?
I'm on PC now, had only pCars on console before, which worked perfect. Can't be sure about AC on console, but I guess it is possible.
Anyway, I have the DSD Race King led now...👍

Last edited:
We plan to develop for the XBox and PS in the future. If you have links to other outfits, respectfully post those elsewhere and not here.

The DSD Questions Page answers the matter of compatibilty directly at Q2:

http://www.derekspearedesigns.com/questions.html

Where it states:

Q2 – How do I connect my box, shifter or DSD circuit to my computer? Is it easy?

A – DSD USB components are perfectly easy to use and enjoy and are truly plug and play. Your device simply connects to a USB port on your computer and Windows will handle the rest. Windows will identify it as a game controller, and your applications will use it as such. Note: All DSD components such as button controllers, shifters, pedals and electronics are for a Windows based PC, require a USB connection and need no external drivers to use. All DSD USB Electronics are fully compatible with Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10.

Last edited:
Why are you both freaking out over a question that I, personally asked? I just want to know which dsd button box would be right for me. If anyone knows if the csw panel can attach to the fanatec csl elite wheel base that would be great.

Thank you for your time.

Why are you both freaking out over a question that I, personally asked? I just want to know which dsd button box would be right for me. If anyone knows if the csw panel can attach to the fanatec csl elite wheel base that would be great.

Thank you for your time.
The thing is I also posted a question and no answer so far...

What's great about the DSD Site is that every question someone can have about our components has an answer there! See the DSD Site for all matters DSD. Happy racing!

A Panel to attach to the new Fanatec wheel is in the works. Once a final design is ready, we will have it on the DSD Site for purchase. No ETA on release.

:gtpflag:

Hi friends,

Here are some new components under consideration for release:

DSD CSL Panels for the CSL Elite Wheel (special thanks to Bobby Jonas for his great help!)

IMG_0045_1.jpg

IMG_0046_1.jpg

IMG_0047_1.jpg

DSD Vector Button Controller:

IMG_0059.jpg

Drop in Load Cell kit for the Logitech G25/27 Pedals:

IMG_0056.jpg

IMG_0055.jpg

Note: I originally developed this idea about 6 years or so and gave the idea and parts sources to fellow iRacing Erik Potvin of Canada. He even wrote up a "How To" guide and published it here. What we've done with the idea is to make it so the conversion is fully "Drop In". No Logitech parts are modified so the customer receives all of our parts to make the pedals pressure based. The load cell in this component is a 200kg one, so it should hold up well.

The DSD Type 4 Handbrake:

IMG_0063.jpg

IMG_0062.jpg

Uber Compact and also incorporates the ideas in the pedal conversion noted above. This is is really cool and no bigger than a paperback book!

DSD Formula Wheel System USB - Bolts right onto a Logitech G27:

IMG_0057.jpg

IMG_0058.jpg

Note: Yes, we can make other wheel rims and for the AFW, TM Wheels, OSW and AFW. The one above is one of our prototypes. Any wheel we'd make would be a bolt-on-and-go-just-plug-into-USB type. Outsourcing the production to an expert wheel builder is also an idea I have for facilitate the release of this.

So since these are in various states of *sooness*, they may or may not come to fruition. The poll up there is where to choose your fave if you have one. Thanks for looking!

d

Damn man, the steering wheel looks baddass big time. No design, no colour, no fancy... just pure baddass. I love it.
Derek, any plans for ps4 button box yet?

Damn i would love to get that drop in load cell for my g25 if it becomes available, just wondering what the price might land on, i´ll just hope we can buy it soon. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back