Derek Speare Designs - Button Boxes - Shifters - Great Gear

• Thread starter derekspeare
  • 1,567 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies for the trouble on the DSD site with pages not loading. We are working a full site restoration and will have everything fully operational as soon as possible. Thank you!

We're planning a console compatible button controller to be released *soon*. It's called the "PSX" and what's in the video is a quick look at how to configure the device with our Configuration Tool.

This is very good to hear Do you have an eta and estimated price? You do deliver to Australia right?

Any devices we release will have the designation "PSX" in the name. So a DSD Track Boss would be a DSD Track Boss PSX for the console compatible one. Shipping is included in our prices and at the most, the price increase would be 10-15 USD.

And yes, we ship to Aus/NZ every day :)

Any devices we release will have the designation "PSX" in the name. So a DSD Track Boss would be a DSD Track Boss PSX for the console compatible one. Shipping is included in our prices and at the most, the price increase would be 10-15 USD.

And yes, we ship to Aus/NZ every day :)

Ok, so we need a tester for a PSX Controller. The electronics in the new "PSX Series" will be specifically beneficial for all Console Players, both the PS4 and XBox. The device is essentially a USB keyboard, but our configuration tool will allow you to map any keyboard key to any button, toggle or encoder as you want (you will need a Windows PC for that). Our default configuration uses keys A-Z and numerals 0-9. Freedom to configure your device to your liking allows you to map fixed commands as you wish.

What we need from a tester is at minimum you should have both a PS4 and XBox One and the popular racing games such as Gran Tourismo, Project Cars, Assetto Corsa, Forza and Dirt. If you have only a PS4, we can work with that. You can live in any part of the world, and shipping is not an issue. The tester will be operating under an embargo, and all information about the use of the testing device will be communicated by email and not released to the public.

If you want to help us move this new line of devices into reality - and get one for yourself to keep for free - send an email with a brief summary of your console(s) and games. We'll make the choice soon, and though we would like to have many testers, one is enough for this since consoles are so standardized. Emails should go to tom.harris@derekspearedesigns.com

Thank you!

:gtpflag:

Blue or purple leds please! I need calming colors for my zen driving style, or multi-colored would work too, just incase i wish to let the red mist take me!

We have a limited edition Race King LED in stock right now in "Royal Purple" (only two were made)

rkpur2.jpg

235 USD, shipping included. Send paypal and full and complete shipping address to orders@derekspearedesigns.com - We will ship within 3 days of payment.

Here's an update on the PSX testing: Shipping notices have gone out and devices will be shipped by tomorrow. Here are a couple of them:

tbpsx.jpg

These are keyboard controllers to your PC/Console and will work in the same manner. Each controller will use characters A-Z and 0-9. You should not need to reconfigure the outputs with our configuration tool as they are generic as possible. The devices with encoders need no user configuration as well.

Basically you plug it in and go. I am specifically interested in knowing the use experience with the devices. Additionally, you can use them on a PC and configuration uses a Windows 10 PC only (for now).

If you need information, derekspearedesigns.com is the place to go. If you want to buy the device indicated, the link is in my previous post.

This my Track Boss button box from Derek and it really adds to the immersion factor for racing. You can assign any of the 22 push buttons and 5 two way toggles. It also has two covered safeties and is covered with 3M Di-Noc carbon.
I have mine set up for iRacing.

buttonbox.jpg

The Derek Speare Pro Sequential shifter is the most realistic shifter I have ever used. It is solid and it is heavy. When you feel how much force it takes to shift it you know it is no toy like so many shifters on the market. It feels like it is right out of the Corvette C6R.

z005.jpg
I have a top class rig I built and am using a G29 wheel on PS4 Pro. I would like a button box as a usable feature on my rig. I would like to know which controls can be transferred to the button box and the simplest method of connecting. I believe that traction control is one of these. Does this mean that I can change the degree of traction control while racing is in progress ie: on the run. I would appreciate your response.

I have a top class rig I built and am using a G29 wheel on PS4 Pro. I would like a button box as a usable feature on my rig. I would like to know which controls can be transferred to the button box and the simplest method of connecting. I believe that traction control is one of these. Does this mean that I can change the degree of traction control while racing is in progress ie: on the run. I would appreciate your response.
Me too, i ve followed their instructions for information and am still waiting a response.

Nice, now what about my emailed question to your site , where people buy stuff? The one which I've emailed twice and i can't dm u thru here? So do u wanna answer questions to potential customers or do u wanna point out how well u think you have thought things thru to avoid contact with people who may wanna give u money?

If you want a DSD component, the DSD Site is the place to do it! People do it all day long! It's easy!

https://derekspearedesigns.com/index.html

The PSX controller is not released yet, and when it is, those who want one, can head to the DSD site and make their purchases. All relevant questions are always answered on the DSD Site and when the PSX versions are out, questions on those will be answered too. It's really impossible to answer general questions about DSD component we have not released. It's possible things can change.

Send me a invoice for a royal purple something for my rig that works with ps4 and ill buy it today.

https://www.paypal.me/dsd <= payment link...

We can ship you one for the PS4. Lead time is 7 days, but don't wait :gtpflag:

If you need information, derekspearedesigns.com is the place to go. If you want to buy the device indicated, the link is in my previous post.

Listen im out. u offered me something i asked for, left me a hollow PayPal and then twisting for a simple question then fired back crazy ivan 180 on what u had previously said. Awesome products i bet, too bad ill never know, because u cant answer your site mail and its apparent people and money frighten u or something. This is $300 giving u the finger ,.!.. , email me when u want to sell me what u said u would sell me.

They never check them, i had two tickets from their email server ,1 from last month and 1 from last year, best wait here for a confusing and rude response, send your money and hope for the best!

DSD has a perfect customer service record with over fifteen thousand customers in 70+ nations over eight years of service to the gaming world. Legitimate support matters are addressed immediately. However, all general emails are answered directing interested parties to the DSD Site since any relevant question has an answer there. Other questions such as ones outside the scope of what we offer are addressed on the contact page of the DSD Site.

DSD is not all things to all people. It makes no sense. If folks feel as if they're entitled to something we don't promise, then they will need to adjust to that on their own. There is no customer who will say they didn't receive precisely what we promise or are somehow unfair to them. In addition to that, there are times when it just is best for everyone regarded when some folks choose to move on and find other ways to meet their needs in ways we do not provide. We wish all of those folks the very best and hope they have great success!

:gtpflag:

this is how fast they answer, I tried to ask a simple question, still waiting for an answer... instead I got this.
hdmzii03DSaBay9gT8T8MpY79wPYbzG4ODtniTpQz2iOGV2VUIisOWFJjvOOw-P5oxGGcwEt7vfsQeN75T6zHDLBDEgeF4pF5_RWCiduXxtw_qEvc0VDDJ-vCmwInGIWew7ljgtHb-L9pdd7sjOpFqtFUa0G-Gk37cUpThVa97B9K6uQUQiD5g_SAYF2tFbdwYc2lntgoQScT9V73rdmkxXU9qTcTHzNy-hi17dgIGdmFYALjB5M63hQlwBCHRU8q4UrEHxMlDiQon0iIChhDRkAze4SEn2rG3G9CML94M_JJBYePAp3qZ7IAfIpZ8_3Q2blQ5OzQKyl3YFKumX5xxj5SiA4-NqC7AEOCttoHSS-gGhpCu840Lh1uJIIegK8j8vfZFvXJaiXYrgoDl5J5nnCGjSuFbKwWYxrZdtsvQiGBIpAVAHgNA_ZAv2s64sgsQ2nkubxlwesPZfXd_obnoiBZo9OWqx2nM5uy-b9ZQsPM6-8EeAaldvgdeAD73nbt8vjBeEf7cUVAu5PbsYKfYXqQKArfYAO7BZdM7hGnnfZ_UCXFg0eqD5_K5Xkh0cIQWiKCV6skHCc78Fo2dasL8mkJNIAiW6SaAhlS3vhGJtQskt3I5ZnTfDYVNlwvZzygOfLeJW4i3jQ8TldxJ1wkfO8oQTQWLi5bNDyQ0fbfstXxspTcAA1sGi7PcSENKrQdVeOY5ZhcvtTFzjU9Ic=w799-h810-no

Though I love the Button box I have, don't get me wrong

@derekspeare Hey there Derek! I have a G27 and Fanatec CSL Elite Pedals LC. I'd like to add 12 to 16 of my own custom sourced buttons that completely bypass my G27 and Elite Pedals circuits and connect directly to my PC via USB. Goal would be to map iRacing in-car controls and user interface screens to these buttons. Are either of these the product I should use? https://derekspearedesigns.com/32-button-no-matrix-controller.html, https://derekspearedesigns.com/micro-32-button-controller.html

Thanks in advance for any guidance, cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back