Design an F1 track competition-New LONG round up!

• Thread starter waggles
  • 224 comments
Alrighty then-give it another day or two, depending on entry numbers, and I will start voting.

Feel free to enter as many tracks as you wish!
Okay, that's cool. I have a plan for Magny-Cours, but I need access to a computer with Google Earth and won't get it until tomorrow.

designer track.jpg Remodelled design.jpg Redesign.JPG

Not sure how to resize these shots?

Just found this track by fluke, it looks to me like a bike track. EDIT Apparently it isn't though:lol:

A bridge crossing or four and a trip through the forest has been added to this flowing circuit.

Approx. 5.5km

A little about this circuit: http://www.lecircuit.com/index.cfm?lang=en

Last edited:
Download it. It is free.
I know, but this isn't my computer. It's my sister's. Mine currently has laryngitis and has been sent away for surgeries, so in the meantime I have to use either my dad's or my sister's. While my dad's computer has Google Earth, he needs it for his work and I don't want to download anything onto my sister's computer, it's not mine, even if it once was and she's currently away in Switzerland.

Alright, entry is closed. A bit disappointed with the entry numbers, but what the hell.

3-2-1 voting like last time. If anyone thinks that we should come down to 2-1, or up to 4-3-2-1, make it known.

Peterram430 (Aintree):
new.jpg

Do You Race (Hungaroring):
90947484.jpg

Lucky to be in, however we need entries.

Touring Mars (La Sarthe):
petit3sarthemap.jpg

Touring Mars (Knockhill):
kklabels2.jpg

The Cracker (Mallory Park):
malloryparkrockvalleysp.jpg

Zed300 (Mont Tremblant):
attachment.php

As before, don't base it on the design of the image-only the track layout, and whether it would be appealing for BE and MM/replacement to add to the calendar.

Last edited:
My votes are...

Touring Mars : KnockhillllihkconK 3
The Cracker : Mallory Park Rock Valley Speedway 2
Touring Mars : Petit Sarthe 1

C.

I think this one is a no-brainer.

1.Touring Mars:-Knockhillihkconk 3 points
2.The Cracker:-Mallory Park 2 points
3.Touring Mars:-La Petite Sarthe 1 point

3Pts. Touring Mars Moon - Le Petit Sarthe
2Pts. TheCracker - Mallory Park Rock Valley
1Pts. Touring Mars Moon - Knockhillihkconk

Last edited:
1. TheCracker - Mallory Park Rock Valley - 3 pts
2. zed300 - Mont Tremblant - 2 pts
3. peterram430 - Aintree - 1 pt

5 posts of votes come up with this:

Touring Moon-17

DYR-1
TheCracker-9
zed300-2
peterram430-1

Congratulations TM!

NEW ROUND

LONG! The circuit needs to be longer than any existing F1 circuit, the less laps required the better. 7km is the current longest. Go out and make it longer.

as submitted by Touring Moon

Last edited:
Okay then, my idea for ten; Silverstone

silverstone1997.gif

silverstone.gif

The first is how it is now and the second is my entry, what do you guys think?

So what are the specific rules? Should the track be a modified version of a real-life track or totally fictional?

Ian, where did you get that track map, I haven't seen one like that since that one site I can't remember the name of shut down.

So what are the specific rules? Should the track be a modified version of a real-life track or totally fictional?

Don't care-as long as it is longer than Spa, the current longest one at a smidge over 7 km.

I have no idea what the specific rules are, so if this doesn't fit within them, then its just here for show.

I whipped this up a while ago, while getting some influence from current F1 circuits. I'm calling it Melbourne International Raceway, because I live in Melbourne, and would like to see an alternative to Albert Park's Street Circuit.

Untitled-4-1.jpg

Last edited:
Back