Destiny: Become Legend (Now with More Iron!)

• Thread starter Crispy
  • 4,545 comments
I still need to finish MoT.

So do I. I've hardly completed any of them though, so I don't think I'm going to have time. I joined in halfway through Year 2 though, so that's my excuse. :P

I still have to get one calcified fragment (which I just realised is basically sitting out in the open. I seriously thought I had all of them but it turns out there's one I got on my titan and not my hunter.) and complete the April update stuff. I have done them, just on a separate account.
I need the Golgoroth challenge and the other fragment when you ride the Hive ships

Has anyone else been keeping track of these infections and the Owl Sector website Bungie's created? The records section shows how the Vanguard and Owl Sector are reacting to it in real time. From what I can gather, these infections/viruses/space AIDS seem like early versions of SIVA that's escaped from the Dust Palace, and SIVA was some kind of program by Clovis Bray to create 'superhumans' that presumably went horribly wrong.

I went on yesterday to try and catch this space AIDS that's going round. Ended up getting Splendor 2.6 on my Hunter and Brilliance 3.2 and Splendor 2.6 on my Titan. As far as I know you can only get them in one session, and after that you can't get any more, but there's mixed reports on that. The only 'buff' it gives you is a sparkly head and XP bonuses, which has been great for my low level Titan.

Looks like Bungie is warming us up for Tuesday, and so far I'm loving it.

Has anyone else been keeping track of these infections and the Owl Sector website Bungie's created? The records section shows how the Vanguard and Owl Sector are reacting to it in real time. From what I can gather, these infections/viruses/space AIDS seem like early versions of SIVA that's escaped from the Dust Palace, and SIVA was some kind of program by Clovis Bray to create 'superhumans' that presumably went horribly wrong.

I went on yesterday to try and catch this space AIDS that's going round. Ended up getting Splendor 2.6 on my Hunter and Brilliance 3.2 and Splendor 2.6 on my Titan. As far as I know you can only get them in one session, and after that you can't get any more, but there's mixed reports on that. The only 'buff' it gives you is a sparkly head and XP bonuses, which has been great for my low level Titan.

Looks like Bungie is warming us up for Tuesday, and so far I'm loving it.
Yes, and this is how you hype something up; with mystery. I too am loving this :D.

My friend managed to contract all 5 viruses from another person in a private match, so we set out do recreate the method they used. we tried his method over and over with no success. In the end we just went to playing the game as usual. After a while, i killed him with my good old Efrideed's and poof, I contracted all five viruses. No special method required, despite all the rumours.

Yes, and this is how you hype something up; with mystery. I too am loving this :D.

My friend managed to contract all 5 viruses from another person in a private match, so we set out do recreate the method they used. we tried his method over and over with no success. In the end we just went to playing the game as usual. After a while, i killed him with my good old Efrideed's and poof, I contracted all five viruses. No special method required, despite all the rumours.

I got Splendor on my Hunter during Shield Brothers, not entirely sure how though. I got Brilliance and Splendor during a Crucible match on my Titan, presumably after being killed by somebody's super who also had those two. Very mixed reports on how to transmit the viruses.

Just received my ROI activation code in an email. I nerded out and pre-ordered through GAME which means I get the in-game pre-order bonuses as well as an Iron Lords keyring and concept art cards. The hype is real.

"Report of Bypass Authority Berriole, OS-I6 11, for Owl Sector records, assigned to incident TRANSMISSION. I set everything in order and sealed the room. Left the computer in there, lovely as it is, after clearing sand from the crevices. A monument. On my way out, I looked again at the tracks I followed into that room. Clawed. Fallen, I'd say, but there are no Fallen on Mars. Odd. Closing mission and coming home."

Aha, so it is the SIVA. Kind of obvious really, but hey. I guess this is how the fallen found it. Humans created in the golden age, and the fallen are exploiting it now.

This expansion really has improved the entire game to the next level for me. And the thing that was missing: starting the expansion and actually liking the stuff I am getting right off the bat. Like, my current ~345 gear is actually satisfying, and not just some blue stuff that I will immediately replace when i find a higher light level version of... the same blue stuff. They added so many new legendary cloaks to the game, the vast majority of which are vanilla cloaks of all rarities, updated to legionaries. And let me tell you, these cloaks are awesome.
latest

And there are so many of them which makes me so very happy. Each faction (including vanguard and crucible) has around 5 of them, and they drop even more from crucible and archons forge and strikes.

And they have create a whole bunch of new weapons for the factions, as usual, but many of the old legendary weapons from all of the year 1 expansions are dropping in the crucible. I've seen 77 wizard, hopscotch pilgrim, ill will, and a whole bunch of others I can't think of the names of.

Then there are the ornaments. These are pretty awesome, as first of all it allows you to spice up a few of the old exotic weapons. But secondly, you pick up a new piece of armour from a quest or some such, you think "oh well it doesn't look too amazing" and then you realise "hey it has a sweet looking ornament, so I should probably keep a hold of it". All of this meaning that I now look completely different from almost everyone else right now.

Then there is the simple fact that the new heroic strikes are enabled with the burn modifiers whilst I am still at a level at which they are challenging. Seriously, it completely changes how they feel. They are 350 light, and me and two friends decided we really wanted to get an ornament package, so we entered with me at 335 and the others at 340. And lo-behold, the entire strike was extremely fun and challenging. It was the new summoning pits strike with arc burn. In the final room, we all had to be on lookout for when the boomer knights and thralls spawned, because they would pretty much one shot us. It took us a few tries to realise what we were doing, but once we were going... lets just say It was actually fun shooting mindless adds for once. At the end of the strike, we each got an ornament package and a chance to open up the new strike chests. I got a devils dawn sniper rifle, which is happily similar to my Efrideets, just with life support (one of my favourite perks) armour piercing rounds (one of the most hilarious perks) and firefly (one of the coolest perks). I have already had a triple collateral in PvP with it, as two people were head-shot, and one was body-shot, but the two head-shots exploded and killed the last guy. :lol:

Last edited:
Liking the new expansion but kind of disappointed with how they set up the archon forge public event. only being able to carry one siva offering at a time sucks. not to mention I haven't had a single offering drop for me outside of the one you get for completing the mission. and you do not get the offering back if you fail, which wouldn't be that bad if they dropped more and you could hold more than one at a time

Hopefully bungie changes this up in a future update to be more like the court of oryx

Where is @dhandeh? Is it he or @Clark who hated jumping? Whichever will love this!

Myself and two other randoms tried for about an hour to climb it. I'm still yet to succeed.

I'm also being reminded just how terrible my light score is and how bad I am at the game. I died 10 times in the last ROI mission, I thought I'd be fine with a fairly mediocre light score. It was not fine. Still, enjoying the bigger challenge and I'm getting better gear quite quickly which is neat. Also helps that infusion works properly.

Pretty good guide to achieving 350 light, from Reddit.

Hey Guardians, Elric Edward here with some SGA for Guardians starting on ROI this weekend and anyone who want to achieve 350 light quickly.

I suggest to use this guide before you buy anything else or increase rep level with any faction. If you, like me, already did, this guide will help you boost your light to be as close to 350 as possible.

What do you need?

You'll need 62 strange coins (SC), enough legendary marks to buy a ghost and a class item and do the infusions or enough legendary marks to buy a ghost and do the infusions, 5,000 glimmer and one legendary class item engram.

If you don't have a legendary class item engram, the challenge of the elders is a good place to get one.

1)Helmet, Chest, Boots and Primary weapon

Xur is your friend here, he's visiting the Reef today and tomorrow. He's selling Helmet, Chest, Boots and Primary weapon, all 350 light.

If you have enough SCs, just buy one of each and infuse in the legendary piece of armor/weapon you are using the most.

2)Class item

You can get a 350 class item by trading a legendary class item engram and 5,000 glimmer to Shiro, he's in the iron temple.

EDIT: SGA from /u/j-twee

"Class Items can be purchased from Variks at 350 for an engram and 5k glimmer just like shiro"

Option 2, buy them from the Speaker.

3)Ghost

Buy a ghost from vanguard or crucible.

EDIT: SGA from /u/j-twee

"Ghosts are best value at Vanguard or Crucible vendors. Faction ghosts cost (nearly?) double the legendary marks"

4)Gauntlets

You'll get them with 340 light by reaching level 2 in the Rise of Iron Record Book. The fastest way to achieve this is by playing Supremacy and completing the crucible quests.

5)Artifact

This would be the last item on my list and should be done after everything else is 350 light. You can get a higher artifact leveling up Crota's rep by playing Court of Oryx and you may get one from Eris Morn.

The foolproof way to obtain one is acquiring an Iron Lord Medallion (artifact). The medallions are 350 light, you can get them by completing a simple quest (Champion of light) available when you finish ROI story mode. To advance Champion of light quest faster, just redo the original missions.

At the end, and before doing any strikes you will have:

Armor

• Helmet 350
  • Gauntlets 340
  • Chest 350
  • Boots 350
  • Class Item 350
  • Ghost 350
Weapons

• Primary 350
  • Special 335
  • Heavy 335
You can then use your heavy ammo synths, motes etc, to increase your reputation with factions and vendors.

After that, you can play any Shiva strike playlist, it guarantees up to 385 legendary items (via skeleton keys, "in increments of 1 to 4 light levels") and complete Shax weekly challenge. "The chest will be available even when selecting Strikes from the director".

Extra piece of advise, select the 320 version of the strikes from the director to secure up to 365 light rare pieces. Don't infuse them, equip them until you reach the highest level possible, then infuse them. The Omnigul strike is a good place to farm them quickly.

EDIT: strike playlist info updated with SGA from /u/GeoWilson

Rising factions the easy way

If you have extra SCs, buy heavy ammo synths from Xur and donate them to your faction, it is one of the most efficient ways to quickly rise your faction levels.

Stay frosty Guardians....

EDIT: SGA from /u/Kahzgul

"If you play through the regular story mode, you'll get blue 340 light HMG and Special weapons as mission rewards, so by the time you've earned that 350 light artifact you'll have 340 Heavy and Special"

EDIT: SGA from /u/Kyklutch

"The gjallahorn from the quest comes at LL 350. "

I had a light level of 327 before finding this guide, I'm now at 348. Definitely works!

I had 305 light. Now I'm 347. As soon as I saw what Xur had to offer I knew what to do. Leveling up the Vanguard and Dead Orbit did the rest.

Do we have a clan in Destiny? Because I think I need to join one that is more active than what I already have. lol

Update available that finally fixes the limit of blue orbs from 340 when patrolling. I've had a couple of 361 as I'm now 359 light.

Update available that finally fixes the limit of blue orbs from 340 when patrolling. I've had a couple of 361 as I'm now 359 light.

Blue engrams decrypt up to 365, Legendary engrams decrypt up to 385, and Exotic engrams decrypt up to 400 now. Although, Legendaries and Exotics won't change until 10pm GMT (5pm EST) tonight when the Heroic version of WOTM drops.

And to think I haven't even done a single raid yet. :boggled:

Back