Destiny: Become Legend (Now with More Iron!)

• Thread starter Crispy
  • 4,545 comments
Having not played, I'm not the guy you want to raid with but if anyone is on the PS3, I'm sure my son will plunder with you.

Ha neither have I. Not a single one, was never good enough lol

GTP raid? :P

You need friends for raids. I only really play Destiny with @Sting and there's no way the pair of us could handle a raid. :lol:

The both of you could easily (easily) handle Crota's End. It's that bad. That's not a slight on either of you... it's just that bad. :lol:

Would the lower down Raids still yield anything worthwhile and are they the six player thing? I may have done one but I can't remember.

Would the lower down Raids still yield anything worthwhile and are they the six player thing? I may have done one but I can't remember.

Depends on what you consider worthwhile. Vault of Glass would wield weapons (with an element burn) viable in anything not TTK or ROI, same goes for Crota's End though the weapons there worthwhile are slimmer.

King's Fall is still worth doing if you never have, and then there's the current raid.

Does the gear you get from older raids drop at a light score relevant to the cap now, or whatever it was back then? I played the easiest Prison of Elders a few weeks ago just for something to do and all the gear dropped below 300, while my light level was well over that.

Couple of pointers for those looking to tackle Heroic WoTM at some point:

- The second Vosik encounter is somehow more difficult than Aksis.
- If Materia (raid machine gun) is Year 1 levels silly and I love it.
- Vosik is a stupid [expletive deleted] who can kiss my [expletive deleted], mother [expletive deleted].
- Fever and Remedy (raid hand cannon) is more fit to PvP than PvE but you can roll with it wherever and have some fun.
- The two hidden achievements in the book are specifically to do with Heroic.
- Unlike Kings Fall, or really any of the previous raids which could drop Normal and/or Heroic rewards, there are two chests here – one for Normal and the other Heroic.
- Vosik is a stupid mo–oh I've done this already.
- None of the encounters change drastically, but the changes are significant enough to keep you in check if you're meandering about.
- It's challenging and fun like VoG in its heyday. Except Vosik because he's a... you get the idea by now, I'm sure of it.

Destiny_20161022032258.png

Small side note: you get nothing other than a pat on the back for completing the book.

Couple of pointers for those looking to tackle Heroic WoTM at some point:

- The second Vosik encounter is somehow more difficult than Aksis.
- If Materia (raid machine gun) is Year 1 levels silly and I love it.
- Vosik is a stupid [expletive deleted] who can kiss my [expletive deleted], mother [expletive deleted].
- Fever and Remedy (raid hand cannon) is more fit to PvP than PvE but you can roll with it wherever and have some fun.
- The two hidden achievements in the book are specifically to do with Heroic.
- Unlike Kings Fall, or really any of the previous raids which could drop Normal and/or Heroic rewards, there are two chests here – one for Normal and the other Heroic.
- Vosik is a stupid mo–oh I've done this already.
- None of the encounters change drastically, but the changes are significant enough to keep you in check if you're meandering about.
- It's challenging and fun like VoG in its heyday. Except Vosik because he's a... you get the idea by now, I'm sure of it.

View attachment 599664

Small side note: you get nothing other than a pat on the back for completing the book.

Ok so that all sounds scary and something I don't think I'll try out.

Btw, DAT LIGHT LEVEL DOE!

Ok so that all sounds scary and something I don't think I'll try out.

Btw, DAT LIGHT LEVEL DOE!
WotM is challenging at first but is awesome time fun once you know how to do it. Also it's likely on normal mode to only take 45 minutes once you are comfortable with it and proper level. I'd encourage you to try it at some point. I just got ROI for my PS4 yesterday and was able to complete the raid at level 365 although I've cleared the raid multiple times on Xbox.

@Terronium-12
Any tips for taking out Irxori, Lost to Oryx? @Katiegan @Jamesyarders and myself tried yesterday but couldn't get him dead before the corruption subsided (much to James' whining chagrin)

Also, how often do you play Destiny? May add you as a friend

@Terronium-12
Any tips for taking out Irxori, Lost to Oryx? @Katiegan @Jamesyarders and myself tried yesterday but couldn't get him dead before the corruption subsided (much to James' whining chagrin)

Take the high ground and snipe; use a Scout; rocket his face with Gjallyhammer (Y1 or Y3, doesn't matter).

Not sure if serious question. :P

Unless I'm playing something else I'm on everyday.

Take the high ground and snipe; use a Scout; rocket his face with Gjallyhammer (Y1 or Y3, doesn't matter).

Not sure if serious question. :P

Unless I'm playing something else I'm on everyday.

Yeah it's a serious Q. Like to surround myself on Destiny with badasses so I can get stuff done with little fuss haha.

Whatever you have in mind I'm down for.

Proabably just loads and loads of catching up. I still have so much old quests to finish off it's a bit silly but also want to try and keep up to date with Rise of Iron.

I was blasting him with Gjallerhorn yesterday and wasting my heavy ammo synths to no avail. Worked on the other two though.

@Terronium-12

What tactics do you use? I did this yesterday with two random players, one of which was level 34, we triangulated and individually took cover when the big git started picking on one of us.

The only problem is it might be better to have someone extra to sweep away his helpers.

Anyway, I'm 368 with scout, sniper and Dragon Breath and he wasn't that hard to put down. To be honest I have more trouble with the one in the rocket yard.

What tactics do you use? I did this yesterday with two random players, one of which was level 34, we triangulated and individually took cover when the big git started picking on one of us.

The only problem is it might be better to have someone extra to sweep away his helpers.

Anyway, I'm 368 with scout, sniper and Dragon Breath and he wasn't that hard to put down. To be honest I have more trouble with the one in the rocket yard.

It was a bit of a cluster**** as far as I remember. I just kept trying to shoot his week spot as much as I could.

Back