Devel Sixteen ("5,000HP, TOP SPEED 348MPH")

Fair enough, but I still can't take the whole package with anything other than a grain of salt.
Oh believe me, I take the majority of the car with a grain of salt too. But the engine is the only real thing about it, and it being built by a guy that routinely builds stupid high horsepower engines that can be reliably driven on the street (I sound like a broken record saying that since I've said that in this thread multiple times), the engine is certainly not a fraud like virtually everything else with the car. Hell, even the guys at Steve Morris Engines don't think the production of the car will happen themselves, but if it the vaporware machine will actually be built, they are the right guys to build the engine for it.

Huge thread bump but looks like they went even further and attempt to make these two new...cars:

The Devel Sixteen

vibes_10.22__Bbe6ubXnDQ-.jpg

dubai37_BbeJ85yHyMV.jpg
apexx_performance_BbfOtvtFiq_.jpg
dubai37_BbeKEjGHB4t.jpg

And a new vehicle, the Devel Sixty:

dubai37_BbeEdr0H5f2.jpg
devel_sixteen_Bbel9lnlZ6E.jpg
devel_sixteen_Bbeneg3F7Yx.jpg
devel_sixteen_BbeoIR_FK7S.jpg

I wouldn't even bother with typing the specs and prices...

This Devel Sixteen admittedly has me interested but that’s probably because it’s the type of car I’d dream up when I was 5. :lol:

In ten years time we might see the Devel Thirty-Two, but only this time it comes with 5 million BHP and a top speed of 9000 mph!

Honestly one day I think I would legitimately like to see one of these things (something with an insane amount of HP) run in a top speed test, although I suspect physics intervene before it would reach even half of its potential haha.

I wonder if Steve Morris is ever gonna get told to put together some more of the Sixteen engines or not. I'm going to guess a no more than likely on that.

Credit where it's due, the new Devel Sixteen looks a hell of a lot better than their first attempt. I mean, the bar wasn't exactly set high, but still, this time it actually looks reasonably well-made enough that you could almost believe it has a working 5000hp engine now. Believing the chassis could handle it is an entirely different matter, though.

So we only get the rad 5000HP V16 engine in the track-only version. Street legal versions will come with 2000-3000HP V8s.
I'm highly disappointed.

btw, looks like new Sixteen's designers have put the interior from the Apple car into it by mistake.

Honestly one day I think I would legitimately like to see one of these things (something with an insane amount of HP) run in a top speed test, although I suspect physics intervene before it would reach even half of its potential haha.
This.

Just tell me it doesn't have sixty cylinders...
I'm gonna quote this:

Devel Motors
Devel Sixty, 6 seats - CTIS - Independent Suspension - Portal Axels - 6x6 - 1 year to delivery, $450,000

" 6.7l turbo diesel V8 with 720hp and over 1,000nm."
Devel Motors
Devel Sixteen production version.
you can choose the power: 2000HP - 3000HP - 5000HP , starting from $1,600,000

I can't wait until i could try them out in the next GT Sport VGT update...:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Anthony Karr
a range-topper with 5,007 hp (3,734 kW), designed exclusively for drag races.
So, if I want a Devel Sixteen that actually has a V16 inside, I'm limited to drag strips?

I'm so not forgiving them that. Not after they name the car after the monstrous engine and make said engine irrelevant outside of straight quarter-miles, while slapping "V16" and "5000HP" stickers on versions with V8 engine that has nothing to do with these numbers.

So, if I want a Devel Sixteen that actually has a V16 inside, I'm limited to drag strips?

I'm so not forgiving them that. Not after they name the car after the monstrous engine and make said engine irrelevant outside of straight quarter-miles, while slapping "V16" and "5000HP" stickers on versions with V8 engine that has nothing to do with these numbers.
What I heard is that the base model will have a 1500 horsepower V8 and that a 3000 horsepower V16 will be optional. The 3000 horsepower model is supposed to be a production model, unlike the drag prepped 5000 horsepower one.

Assuming they actually produce any. At least the engine is apparently real.

My source (which I don't remember) was claiming that the 3kHP model also uses a V8. Could be a typo.
Two articles found on their official website say so:

"It's unclear when that will happen, but if the Sixteen goes on sale, it will be available in three configurations: 2,000-hp V8 and 3,000-hp V8 for the road, and the range-topping, track-exclusive 5,000-hp V16"
(DriveMag)

"Devel is developing three distinct versions of the car, though even the entry-level model will have a V-8 generating 2,000 horsepower. Think of this one as the version aimed at street use. A more hardcore version, also with a V-8, will be the next rung up the ladder. This one will have 3,000 hp and is aimed at track enthusiasts." (MotorAuthority)

Weird. Steve Morris said that their V16 produces similar power output (~3500HP) using "regular" fuel. What kept them from going with V16?
(I guess they just couldn't fit it in)

Back