Devel Sixteen ("5,000HP, TOP SPEED 348MPH")

I got a giggle out of seeing that the company that was assisting Devel with this nonsense is the same one that intends to chop up Ferraris to make those Stratos kit cars. That really puts this into perspective. :lol:

b0DFaUQ.jpg

This really is all I can say.

I got a giggle out of seeing that the company that was assisting Devel with this nonsense is the same one that intends to chop up Ferraris to make those Stratos kit cars. That really puts this into perspective. :lol:
How so? MAT actually appears to have customer orders on the books & hype surrounding it, esp. with Lancia themselves, acknowledging that they have no intention of building cars like the Stratos again.

Guess Steve Morris should just look at other things to do with that engine now since that is still the only legit thing about the "car."

How so? MAT actually appears to have customer orders on the books & hype surrounding it, esp. with Lancia themselves, acknowledging that they have no intention of building cars like the Stratos again.
In the sense that both are shameless money grabs meant to take advantage of people who don't know better. MAT wants a half million for their modifications on top of the buyer having to supply their own Ferrari, and a real Stratos costs less than that.

Although at least that one is likely to produce an actual result, as opposed to throwing a pile of cash at a big engine and some silly number projections, I will admit.

In the sense that both are shameless money grabs meant to take advantage of people who don't know better. MAT wants a half million for their modifications on top of the buyer having to supply their own Ferrari, and a real Stratos costs less than that.

Although at least that one is likely to produce an actual result, as opposed to throwing a pile of cash at a big engine and some silly number projections, I will admit.
Money grab?

This entire project started with Michael Stoschek who comissioned Pininfarina to build the car under Paolo Garella way, way back. Michael & Paolo wanted to take the car into production during the original commission, but Pininfarina wasn't interested along with Ferrari's usual unwillingness. Paolo left to found MAT & wanted to return to the idea of building the Stratos because he wanted to grow his business & Singer had proved retro-modern was the big thing. Paolo went back to Michael to commission the run and he agreed. They went to Lancia themselves and asked if they were interested, & Lancia said there was no place for it in their line-up. They had never bothered to even trademark the model.

If this was a real cash grab, Paolo wouldn't be limiting the car to just 25 examples when he had a inquire base triple that after Geneva. He also wouldn't have someone like Jim Glickenhaus having Paolo build his new supercars, or be commissioned by Apollo to build the Intensa Emozione. MAT has serious backing behind it under a man who built all the one-offs for Pininfarina; there is a legitimate resume behind them to build this car properly.

Furthermore, even with 492-built, real Stratos still rarely come up for sale & they are well within' range of what you say MAT wants. Their values have climbed in the last 6 years: in 2012, one listed for $347,000. In 2013, $376,000 & $429,000. In 2014, $660,000. And in 2015, $498,000 & $447,000. The example you listed sold for $475,000. There are 2 rally examples available right now, one unlisted, the other currently asking a shade over $900,000 with full restoration.

You can't judge them too hard, I mean the Automation+Beam crossover was only a couple of months ago, it's gonna be ages until they can port their creation to real life.

Latest Posts

Back