DFGT and RWD problems - Need Drifting Tips

• Thread starter s15specr
  • 151 comments
Continue using the wheel always, I may not make you faster but it definatley makes you more consistent which is what matters in a race.

How long did it take you to learn to correct mistakes with the wheel?.? It took me a while with the sixaxis but am AMAZING at correcting with it.

How long did it take you to learn to correct mistakes with the wheel?.? It took me a while with the sixaxis but am AMAZING at correcting with it.

A few hours of solid drifting. I figured out what I needed to do early on but I just needed practice until I found the point at which I should start corrective action.

A few hours of solid drifting. I figured out what I needed to do early on but I just needed practice until I found the point at which I should start corrective action.

thanks, what do you do to correct it? Put on moe / less thottle?, Coutersteer?

I tend to ease of the throttle a little until I get close to my countersteering angle, then I gradually apply the throttle again. If possible try copy a replay of you drifting and upload it in a .zip file. I can take a look some time and give you some more focused tips.

I tend to ease of the throttle a little until I get close to my countersteering angle, then I gradually apply the throttle again. If possible try copy a replay of you drifting and upload it in a .zip file. I can take a look some time and give you some more focused tips.

I have a youtube video of me drifting with the control:

As you can see because i can drift fairly well with the control ican correct mistakes really easy. I'll send a replay in a .zip later.

Nice, I tend to drift in an arcade race though, I think the points system gives off bad habits.

EDIT: I also think a Mod should move this to the Drifting Forum. Please.

Last edited:
Nice, I tend to drift in an arcade race though, I think the points system gives off bad habits

I only wish i could do that with the wheel :(. Once I learn how to correct i'll be unstopable lol :).

So as you were saying if you start sliding it's gas > No gas while starting counter steering > counter steer Gas?

Last edited:
It took me a good few weeks to match my DS3 times with the wheel, but now I will never go back.

Have some patience and practice.

You will get there.

Sorry for been useless on all but that's it I give up :-[ :-{ :-(. i'll just drive fwd and awd's. Am not going to bother with rwd's they not worth the hassle of driving them.

Thank for helping anyways though :] :)

Don't give up, i just bought my DFGT after xmas and am still learning how to control a sliding car properly,when i am done here i am going to give the M3 a few laps on eiger with low grip tyre's.
Just try,RWD car's are so much fun to drive.

Don't give up, i just bought my DFGT after xmas and am still learning how to control a sliding car properly,when i am done here i am going to give the M3 a few laps on eiger with low grip tyre's.
Just try,RWD car's are so much fun to drive.

Yeah but it's just so hard :indiff:.

thanx to the DFGT i am playing GT5 P again.
I even started from scratch.
It need's to be hard otherwise it would be to easy.

thanx to the DFGT i am playing GT5 P again.
I even started from scratch.
It need's to be hard otherwise it would be to easy.

Yeah but it's too hard. does anyone hard any correcting slide techiqes which are easy. Eveyone i've tryed hasn't worked... :indiff:

i think reaction time's need to improve-i have noticed that my reaction time is to slow.
I am starting the game from scratch to improve my racing and it should also help my reaction time when i get to the faster and more powerful car's,can't wait for that.

wtf! i just can't drift thats it. am really thinking about just moving back the the control because i have more fun with it, and at least i can drive with it.

If you have more fun, move back then. After all its the fun that counts. I use my controller for drifting as I find it more fun that way aswell.

If you have more fun, move back then. After all its the fun that counts. I use my controller for drifting as I find it more fun that way aswell.

Well, i have more fun driving in any non rwd car with the wheel because i can drive them.

i really don't want to go back the the control but i might have to whever i like it or not. plus it's a waste of £120

quick steering work is key to drifting. you have to do all your counter steering as soon as you can see the weight starting to shift (you can keep an eye on this with the g force gauge in the bottom left corner). but also need to regulate the throttle, do NOT floor it just regulate it and adjust you steering to suit

what does that mean??

When drifting with the controler it dosn't matter what the car is doing, i can enter / exit a drift very well. weight, power, tyres, car, you name it it dosn't efect how i drift. With the wheel however NOTHING and i mean N O T H I N G works at all- i can counter steer, steer, back off the thottle, go full thottle, tap it it dosn't matter you name it it still won't work. Stepmania could come to my house and give me a 100days of lessons how to drift and i couldn't. WTF i just don't understand, it's like my wheels broken or something, can someone pleae explain that. And thanks to everyone for being supportive, even though am useless.

what does that mean??

When drifting with the controler it dosn't matter what the car is doing, i can enter / exit a drift very well. weight, power, tyres, car, you name it it dosn't efect how i drift. With the wheel however NOTHING and i mean N O T H I N G works at all- i can counter steer, steer, back off the thottle, go full thottle, tap it it dosn't matter you name it it still won't work. Stepmania could come to my house and give me a 100days of lessons how to drift and i couldn't. WTF i just don't understand, it's like my wheels broken or something, can someone pleae explain that. And thanks to everyone for being supportive, even though am useless.

You're probably trying too extreme of a drift. Set your sights for a low speed, low angle drift to start out with and it'll be much easier to get.

s15specr...your making me want to go to your house, slap you in the face and give you private lessons on drifting. There's nothing I hate more than a quitter!!......(and someone that whines about it)

s15specr...your making me want to go to your house, slap you in the face and give you private lessons on drifting. There's nothing I hate more than a quitter!!......(and someone that whines about it)

yeah sorry about that but it's just that nothing i do stops me from spinning, i just don't understand what i have to do and i've tryed / practiced everything

yeah sorry about that but it's just that nothing i do stops me from spinning, i just don't understand what i have to do and i've tryed / practiced everything

That was supposed to motivate you...

Hmmm.....I really don't know what to say to make you better...it's all practice, and you learn faster figuring out your own problems by yourself. Learn the physics, and learn how to deal with them.

When you iniate your drift let your wheel go and catch it into countersteer
and then give it gas to keep it sideways

I know but that comes with practice
I'd also recommend trying the tuned cappucino because it's really easy to drift with a wheel

as far as the turning angle for DRIFTING i would put it to 50 MAX angle, this way you get more STEERING input, and can turn the wheel LESS. You can obtain greater angle and hold it without spinning/losing it with MAX/MORE steering angle. :)👍

[edit]-Why not hit up youtube and type in Gt5P drifting and see how people with wheels are handling them? (videos that show the player/wheel)

Back