DFGT force feedback help

• Thread starter cccobx1
  • 15 comments
cccobx
I just joined iRacing and am trying to use a dfgt
but the forcefeed back is absent and i cant seem to turn it on in the menu
do i need to install some software or does the dfgt force feedback not work for iracing?

The DFGT force feedback works for iRacing. I couldn't say why yours isn't though.

Have you installed the Logitech drivers?

I installed the above program and got the feedback working, but the DFGT at dead center just rips back and forth in my hands. I don't see any type of adjustments in game. Am I missing it, or is there somewhere else I can do it?
Just signed up Saturday and got promoted to D class today, still trying to get accustomed to the interface. It seems far more complicated than it needs to be.

This happens to me on certain cars, like the Skippy. It happens when the FFB is set up too high. I have it set up at 12 and the problem goes away.

Adrenaline
I installed the above program and got the feedback working, but the DFGT at dead center just rips back and forth in my hands. I don't see any type of adjustments in game. Am I missing it, or is there somewhere else I can do it?
Just signed up Saturday and got promoted to D class today, still trying to get accustomed to the interface. It seems far more complicated than it needs to be.

Basically the wheel is trying center itself because Logitech profiler has this defaulted. The centering leads to oscillation at small angles.

To fix you need to turn of the centering spring off in the logitech profiler. Click the top drop down menus. One of them had "global device settings" under it. There
U get a bunch of
Options to alter damping, FFb strength, centering spring. This is out of game and will effect in game play.

Real race cars
Have no "centering spring" so you won't need
It. Unless u try without it but prefer to keep it on that's fine too.

As for the interface. All u need to ever do is click "race" green button, and then choose a series from the drop down, and pick a session type (quali,practice,race) and click join.
Then click one of the rooms. Al the other things on the site are goodies for
When u are bored..keyboard
Is too small random returns sorry...

To fix you need to turn of the centering spring off in the logitech profiler. Click the top drop down menus. One of them had "global device settings" under it. There
U get a bunch of
Options to alter damping, FFb strength, centering spring. This is out of game and will effect in game play.

Awesome, that's what I was looking for, thank you. What exactly does the 'dampening' do?

Interesting link.Try that.

Also make sure that the game says that your wheels lock to lock range is 900 degrees. Otherwise funny things aka GT5 DS3 progressive steering happens :yuck:

Last edited:
@ the logitech link is it the 32 bit or 64 bit download, or does it matter,
Edit: it wont let me dowload it

Last edited:
Roush_fan_99
@ the logitech link is it the 32 bit or 64 bit download, or does it matter,
Edit: it wont let me dowload it

I think it depends on your operating system Win XP, Vista or 7.

I think it depends on your operating system Win XP, Vista or 7.

I have 7, but either way I'm pretty sure I don't need it, it works fine, just took my legend around laguna seca in a test and I had plenty of force feed back

when I'm in the pits, the wheel vibrates terribly, why does it do that? that's definitely not real, it should just be free with no ffb input (been in that situation in real life)

You need to install the Logitech profiler to get the force feedback.
You can get it here :): http://www.logitech.com/en-gb/441/4172?section=downloads&bit=&osid=14

you don't need the profiler for force feedback. For some reason, my logitech profiler won't work at all, the program just won't open. The wheel installs basic driver software so it will still work without the logitech profiler though the profiler can be very useful, especially when you want to assign keystrokes to certain buttons. It also give you more settings for the wheel and pedals

Centering setting is not what makes the wheel do violent shaking near center. Mine is turned off. Its NTM related.

Back