Votes: 177 56.9%
  • No, I purchased it to play lots of different games on

Votes: 86 27.7%
  • What was the question again?

Votes: 9 2.9%

• Total voters

craste

(Banned)
I purchased my PS3 purely for GT5P and now because of no decent updates I now have a £299 paper weight sittting on my desk due to the fact the game is now played to death and quite frankley BORING.

Anybody else on here just buy a PS3 for GT5P and now feel a little cheated with the fact that we may have to wait 12 months for the full game to come out?

I bought PS3+GT5P-pack, and only because I have waited next GT for years.

Game itself is almost so great than I expected Prologue to be, but I have to say that I was hoping much more realism in some parts of it... and ofcourse lack of new features/tracks/cars, by updates makes me confused.

In my mind, I think they should test almost every feature with us, Hardcore-fans, cause we are gonna buy that full version anyway. They would loose nothing, and so many more copies of Prologue would be sold, when outsiders hear about great new tracks etc etc... Here they could get best feedback for every detail in the Game also.

No. Im pretty sure this has been taked about before aswell.

Not sure why you would buy the game for a demo unless you are sure youll play it until the full game.

Personally I have my money worth and more out of GT5:P. Alot more than other games Ive brought.

Anyone else getting slighty bored of defending GT5:P because its not "good" enough. Its a demo mate.

No I got mine free and I'm flippin glad I didn't spend good money on it, however it is a nice diversion to go on the PS3 every now and then for a good dose of Force Feedback, GT5P and ferrari Challenge are good but not quite good enough to keep me away from Forza2 for long.

Anyone else getting slighty bored of defending GT5:P because its not "good" enough. Its a demo mate.

Surely if it was a demo it would be called Gran Tursimo 5 DEMO and be a FREE download like all the other DEMOS are?

I paid good money my "Demo" and like the many millions of others who have pumped MILLIONS of pounds into PD's coffers I'm just rather annoyed that PD do not communicate with it's loyal fan base in plenty of time with regards to scheduled updates etc.

They, I feel, should at least give us "some light at the end of the tunnel" with regards to dates when updates will be released and what content to expect in them and a rough guestimate for the full release date.

Lots of people would of purchased the PS3 purley for this game and I think it's a bit naughty of PD to not specify roughly how long it will be until the full version is out.

I know its not illegal to keep your customers in the dark, its just called bad customer service/relations - delete as appropriate.

That's MY opinion.

Now lets listen to the people who don't mind waiting until Satan ICE Skates to work in the morning for the release of GT5 to view their disguist with me....Yawn.:indiff:

Last edited:
Im pretty sure alot of people wouldnt pay £300 for a £20 game. On here maybe due to the love of the game but average customers no.

PD keep GT to themselves mainly and we get very little info.

Prologue is a testing ground for what GT5 will be. In my eyes its a demo. They are changing physics to get them right for the full game. We get about 5% of what is going to be the full game.

I think everyone would want PD to give us more info but thats the way they work. Enjoy what you have. They could have kept it to themselves and worked from the office but they are working with us to get it good.

While GT5P was one of the reasons, it wasn't the sole reason I got a PS3 because there are plenty of other PS3 games. I Myself am keeping up with four franchises, which are:

Gran Turismo
Tekken
Ace Combat(though that looks questionable now)
God of War

Current line-up looks like this:
F1CE
GT5P
Nascar 09

Upcoming stuff:
Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.
GRID
MK Vs DC
God of War III
Heavenly Sword

I bought the PS3 with GT5Prologue, and GT5Prologue was back then the main reason to buy it. That doesn't mean the PS3 has turned to an expensive paper weight, of course, there's plenty of other very good games (even in the racing genre) where you can spend your time when you don't want to play GT5P.

I purchased my PS3 purely for GT5P and now because of no decent updates I now have a £299 paper weight sittting on my desk due to the fact the game is now played to death and quite frankley BORING.
I bought my PS3 in the GT5P bundle, but it's always been used more as a media player, than it has as a games machine. It's a fantastically useful piece of kit.

Anybody else on here just buy a PS3 for GT5P and now feel a little cheated with the fact that we may have to wait 12 months for the full game to come out?
Exactly how are you being cheated? I am getting quite annoyed by your constant moaning about how Prologue is boring and GT5 being "delayed". Give it a rest please.

Bought the PS3 to race the game, don't have any other games, she's got a few but im a one game player

Me too... I bought second-hand McRae's Dirt, but only tested that it works. I dont know why I bought it... if I have chance to play, why should I play something else than GT? It also propably ruins my touch of GT5P.

I bought this console for Birthday present to my wife, but she dont play any games... never had, never will. Well there is that BluRay-function so we could watch movies. Gladly she dont like movies either, cause then I needed to take console off my driving-setup, and plug those cables and things.

@ craste: I kind of think whenever you buy a Console just for one game and just for the purpose of that one game, You set yourself up for dissappointment. Seriously, do you have absolutely have nothing else you see you could with your PS3?

I bought ps3 specially for GT5P and GT5, but I have some other games and I'm going to buy some other games.

Bought the PS3 with the overall intention to play GT5P/GT5, also for it s Blu-Ray.
But I haver bought a few other games on it that i try every now and again.

I even bought a $4500 Bravia just so I could get the best out of it!

That would be an expensive paperweight!!!

Shoot, I bought it for the GTHD demo!

And yeah, it's a fancy paperweight, but I'm glad I got a launch console when I see them remove features all the time to save money.

I bought my PS3 solely for GT:HD. Lots of other great games have been released since then but GT:HD was the only game I played for a long time.

I also played the crap out of the F1:CE demo!

I kind of think whenever you buy a Console just for one game and just for the purpose of that one game, You set yourself up for dissappointment.

I bought my 360 specifically for Forza2.................18 months in and over 40,000 miles driven and I'm still happy and still finding great new ways to race, just today I discovered the fun that can be had with the Ferrari F50GT. Yeah it is getting a bit long in the tooth now but with RACE pro on the horizon and Fanatec's new wheel coming for it, I'm still happy and not at all disappointed, n fact the future is looking even brighter. I do have a few other games but they don't last long before I'm back on Forza.

I bought my PS3 to play GT5P and partly because I was also expecting that GT5 would be out sooner than it will now be.

I was also expecting the menu selection in GT4 to be quicker on the PS3. They are a bit quicker but not as much as I expected, so I'm guessing the limiting factor is the CD access time. I get blocky flashes of corruption of the graphics every 20 seconds or so in GT4 on the PS3 when racing, so I still use the PS2 for GT4.

Yeah I bought a ps3 for gt5p and for blu-ray.. then I discovered the ps3 has a decent web browser so thats cool too. I think its the word 'prologue' sets some people off. I dont think people assume the full version would take the amount of time a normal sequal takes (one full version to another of the same series. If indeed it takes that long.) For the sad one can only suggest buy some used games. The trees in F1ce move in the breeze. tre cool.

I bought my ps3 for socom and GT5. GT5 is taking longer then I expected, and socom was recently released, also well after I thought it would be. Socom was a major let down at first. Almost literally unplayable. They have released recent updates that have fixed some of the more major problems. Either way, the ps3 has been a bit of a disappointment. It really seems like sony bit off more then they could chew with this one. Nothing seems to work like it's suppose to.

Surely if it was a demo it would be called Gran Tursimo 5 DEMO and be a FREE download like all the other DEMOS are?

Where are these 70+ cars, 6 tracks, full HD demos? I would certainly be interested in trying them out.

The only free demos I've played have been 1 level with 2 or 3 cars at most, so these new ones will definitely be a breath of fresh air.

£300 is a lot of money, but the PS3 has so many other uses. You must be either totally loaded to be able to afford £300 for something you're only going to use for one thing when it can do more, or completely stupid to think that one £20 game is going to keep you entertained for almost 2 years until the full product comes out.

And in either case, I can't actually seriously believe that you're complaining that PD DARED to release a sample of their latest product, complete with over 70 cars, HD graphics and improved physics and all the rest of it.

Given that its now rumoured that the game is coming out in time for Christmas next year, please provide some examples of other companies who have announced that they are planning to release non-annual games next winter, then I'll admit that PD did make a mistake by keeping us going on the GT front for the, what's it been now, four years since GT4 came out? My point is, virtually NO release dates have been set that far into the future, so I don't see why PD should have to when they've done as much as release a fair sized chunk of it for you to play way ahead of that date.

Everyone knew GT5 would be a long way off, you just have to look back to the gaps between previous GT releases and add in the fact that there will be new cars, new tracks (both in HD graphics, whether that's upscaled 720p or 1080p is a different story) and new physics, along with online features that have never been in a full release and all the rest of it (to keep it competitive with Forza).

So if you just buried your head in the sand and expected GT5P (the P is for Prologue by the way) to be a full game (I noticed in a later post you said it's not a demo) despite being priced at £20, which to me is a bargain considering I've had far more use out of it than most other games I own, then as far as I'm concerned you deserve to be disappointed.

PD are the kind of people who stick to there realese dates which is why they never announce a actual realese date they just give a rough date eg. Fall ect. But christmas 2009 sounds beliveable but they wont confirm it until around july next year.

I bought my ps3 for socom and GT5. GT5 is taking longer then I expected, and socom was recently released, also well after I thought it would be. Socom was a major let down at first. Almost literally unplayable. They have released recent updates that have fixed some of the more major problems. Either way, the ps3 has been a bit of a disappointment. It really seems like sony bit off more then they could chew with this one. Nothing seems to work like it's suppose to.

To be fair, though, both next generation consoles have had their problems, its just that Sony's is because of the software, and Microsoft's was due to their hardware. Funnily enough, Sony are a Hardware company and Microsoft generally make software, so that's kind of to be expected, but at least Sony's problems are fixable with updates, you just have to be patient. Obviously that's not what you want when you've paid money for something, but the way I see it, it could be a whole lot worse.

Also please note that the Wii is technically not a next generation console, since it's technologically so far behind the PS3 and 360, but if they were, then they're probably the only ones who've done it right (except for the people accidentally lobbing their Wiimotes at their hugely expensive TV's...!)

craste: If PD had to stick to strict deadlines and never delay, GT games wouldn't be as good as they are.

It's very hard to make promises to include certain features with any software development project and then implement it all on time. Actually, no game ever includes everything drafted in the initial design document.

If PD made promises of features and release date(s), they would just be setting us up for disappointment. If promised features were cut due to time restraints we would all be up in arms. I think strict deadlines would also restrict PD and the game would suffer. Gran Turismo has never been rushed. Lets just be patient, trust that PD will do a good job (as they have always done) and wait for the full game to arrive (and enjoy Prologue for what it is, or leave it alone, whichever). News will emerge. I actually think that PDs approach to the development of the game is best in the interests of having the best, least-compromised final product. They get on with it, make no promises and we get some nice surprises :D

Let me ask you this: Would you rather have a weaker game now, or a better game later? I opt for the latter.

Last edited:
Nope, I bought it for MGS4, which I got in the bundle back in June. However, GT5P was the third game I bought, after MGS4 and GTAIV.

GT5P is the game I've put the most time into, though. And it's been a great time.

Back