Votes: 39 12.5%
  • yes but I'm happy to wait for GT5/buy other games

Votes: 177 56.9%
  • No, I purchased it to play lots of different games on

Votes: 86 27.7%
  • What was the question again?

Votes: 9 2.9%

• Total voters
i bought the gt5p package with the ps3, and love it.
But i bought the ps3 also for other games: Killzone 2, ferrari challenge, Final Fantasy etc.
i did hope we had a few nice rpg's by now but that's not the case, enchanted arms was... i selled it straight away. elder scrolls Oblivion is nice but also.. there are comming great games but we just have to wait.

and my Wii got me away from my ps3 with Zelda etc.

I bought it for MGS, GT, and any other exclusive Sony has that I like. I also use it heavily has a Blu-Ray player and DVD player, its very good at that. Its also a much better music player than my 360. The PS3 keeps the music tracks in analog output, so I can play them in 5 channel stereo, PL II Music, or whatever I wish. My 360 outputs them as Dolby Digital so only get to use my left and right mains.

Thanks for all the posts and comments guys.

I now have a copy of Fifa 09 on the PS3 which is great and I think I'm ging to treat myself to little big planet for Christmas.

I'm still quite shocked that there has been no information by now about a possible Christmas update for GT5P though. I really hope that they (PD) announce somthing this week or next week about a download to keep us happy for a few months.

Hi everyone,:)
Yeah I purchased PS3 for GT5P exclusively.
What can I say...GT rules.;)👍
Rusty*

Yes I bought it for Gran Turismo.

However I have other games to keep me busy in the mean time.

You should change the title of the thread man. I don't think anyone bought a PS3 purely for Prologue...

If I bought one, it would be for the GT series.
But not for Prologue.

I'm going to wait for GT5 to come out.

You should change the title of the thread man. I don't think anyone bought a PS3 purely for Prologue...

Well actually many did buy the PS3 for GT5P (GT5), any other games are strictly addon :)

I bought it for MGS, GT, and any other exclusive Sony has that I like. I also use it heavily has a Blu-Ray player and DVD player, its very good at that. The PS3 keeps the music tracks in analog output, so I can play them in 5 channel stereo, PL II Music, or whatever I wish.

I could not say it better, I also use it a lot like a multimedia server.

I don't think so as you can see from the poll 17 people originally purchased the PS3 for GT5P
👍

But out of 186, it's not a high number.

yes I agree with you, but 17 is still more than a big fat zero is it not?

I would of personally purchased the 'PS3' if it was called a "PD Gran Turismo 5/ Prologue Playing Device" and could only play GT5 on it, such is the high regard I think of this game.

Its not cos i'm rich or anything that I state the above, in fact I'm far from it - I have a mortgage, kid as well as many other people on here but I'm a petrol head and GT5P is a MUST have game what ever console/device you need to play it on.

I've just played my copy to death now and crave more content.

Fingers crossed that somthing will appear soon in time for Christmas which I'm sure it will.

Then there will be a wrath of fresh interesting posts on here to read and contribute too instead of some of the "Scraping the barrel" posts which weve been subjected to after the die down of the last (Feeble) update.

yes I agree with you, but 17 is still more than a big fat zero is it not?

I would of personally purchased the 'PS3' if it was called a "PD Gran Turismo 5/ Prologue Playing Device" and could only play GT5 on it, such is the high regard I think of this game.

Its not cos i'm rich or anything that I state the above, in fact I'm far from it - I have a mortgage, kid as well as many other people on here but I'm a petrol head and GT5P is a MUST have game what ever console/device you need to play it on.

I've just played my copy to death now and crave more content.

Fingers crossed that somthing will appear soon in time for Christmas which I'm sure it will.

Then there will be a wrath of fresh interesting posts on here to read and contribute too instead of some of the "Scraping the barrel" posts which weve been subjected to after the die down of the last (Feeble) update.

Interestingly, those same 17 are outnumbered by the amount of people who don't consider their PS3 a "expensive paperweight". I still say there's alot more games then just GT5P along with more to do with the PS3 then just play games and alot of people would agree.

I don't think so as you can see from the poll 17 people originally purchased the PS3 for GT5P
👍
Patrik's point is that people bought the PS3 for GT5, not GT5P. The poll results are misleading, as the 17 people who voted for "I bought the PS3 for prologue" probably would have voted for "I bought the PS3 for GT5" instead, had it been included in the poll.

I bought first of MGS4. Of course, i have other games like GT5P (playing a lot right now), GT IV, Little Big Planet, Devil May Cry, Resistance 2 and others. *-*

I bought my PS3 just for GT5P, and it was worth it. I played GT5P on a demo PS3 in the shops and I decided I need to buy this now, not wait until the full game comes out like I was going to. It's the only game I play even though I've got many other games.

Last edited:
Chosen PS3 mainly because of GT Series but also because its nice to have hardware that is quite solid. And bluray is nice too.

That where the main reasons ... now the PS3 made me a bigger game addict then ever before with ps2, GT5 to GTA to Uncharted to Burnout to F1 to Cod to Lbp ...

ps2 was used 90% of the time for GT now its different with ps3 :P but when GT5 comes out i will not need to buy games for a year ! ;p

I bought mine because i knew GT5:P was due out shortly. Out of all the games i own though, i've probably spent the least time on GT5:P.

Pretty much , yes.
If gt5 was going to be available on pc, then I wouldn't have bought a ps3.
There are plenty of excellent sims available for the pc, but nothing I can directly compare to GT.

No I play a lot of different games on my PS3, mainly sport and racing, but also others like GTA.
Gran Turismo is one of my all time favourites though.

I bought my 360 specifically for Forza2.................
Same here. I chose not to buy a PS3+GT5P, but rather an X360+Forza2. Just due to the fact that GT5P features roughly 10% of what's in Forza.
The day GT5 is released (if it's ever released, that is) I'll buy the pack PS3/GT5.

Yeah, I fall under the "purchased a PS3 just for GT5P" category and I couldn't be happier. I've had it since the beginning of the summer so about 7 months and GT5P is still the only game that I own. I also have a couple Blu-Ray movies though.

Honestly, Gran Turismo and the Blu-Ray player alone make the PS3 worth the $400. Just my two cents.

Back