Votes: 39 12.5%
  • yes but I'm happy to wait for GT5/buy other games

Votes: 177 56.9%
  • No, I purchased it to play lots of different games on

Votes: 86 27.7%
  • What was the question again?

Votes: 9 2.9%

• Total voters
Well i took everybodys comments on board and ordered another game - little Big Planet - and WOW what a beautufull looking game - and it is good fun to play also.

While GT5P was one of the reasons, it wasn't the sole reason I got a PS3 because there are plenty of other PS3 games. I Myself am keeping up with four franchises, which are:

Gran Turismo
Tekken
Ace Combat(though that looks questionable now)
God of War

Current line-up looks like this:
F1CE
GT5P
Nascar 09

Upcoming stuff:
Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.
GRID
MK Vs DC
God of War III
Heavenly Sword

Spot on. 👍 But why would anyone spend over £300 on a PS3 and only buy one game. To each his own and if thats all you can handle then thats as far as your skill level goes on a gaming consoles:dopey:

Lets not talk about that because i'm no marvel when it comes to playing all games on P3, but there out there to buy and for you to enjoy. Plus all the other things that the P3 can do why would you juust let it sit there as if it were a paper wieght. Just think about the next four years for Playstation3@ with all the updates and games that will be appearing........ you'll sure to kick yourselves once you realize what that black box can really do:dunce:

Well enough of me spitting out my opinion on this matter but lets all remember that were all waiting for GT5. GT5 Prologue is what it says and not a DEMO. Seems like there are a lot of people out there with short memories when it comes to GT4 Prologue,same thing as what were playing now but more advanced. So everyone that's wanting this game GT5P to be more than what it can give........ease off, hold your horses and grab your nuts real hard and you might just come back to reality. As in those soulfull word of Soul2Soul : "Back to Life
Back to Reality"

:sly::sly::sly:

I bought my PS3 for GT5: P and Rock Band. PowerPC Linux and Folding@home were a bonus too. Too bad Sony discontinued the backwards compatibility versions when I bought my 40 GB: I had to keep my PS2 around for GT4, Enthusia and Rampage. I play the PS2 less and less now, so it's not that big of a deal.

The only Blu-Ray disc I've played with the PS3 is The Making of Fallout 3 that came in my lunchbox.

Yes i brought the game purerly for GT5 and are getting a little sick of the game aswell but im just in pure suspence for the next edition... can't wait !
:) Beno

:dunce: Merry Xmas :P

Too bad Sony discontinued the backwards compatibility versions when I bought my 40 GB: I had to keep my PS2 around
for GT4, Enthusia and Rampage. I play the PS2 less and less now, so it's not that big of a deal
i bought the 60gb version for it's backwards compatability, and was pleasantly surprised to find that it even played ps1 games

trouble is that with ps2 games, it reboots itself to play them. i decided that i didn't like that in terms of wear and tear on my
ps3, so i plumbed my ps2 back into the loop

that done, i've been considering buying myself an old ps1, because i still play gt and gt2 now and then, along with the first 3
toca games. it'd be cool to have all 3 generations of sony playstation consoles on my gaming unit

Basicly I was wondering : XBOX360 for Forza 2 or PS3 for GT5 and G25 which i bought aswell . I took ps3 mostly cuz g25 wasnt compatibile with Xbox , but hell yeah , gt5 on g25 is awesome .

that done, i've been considering buying myself an old ps1, because i still play gt and gt2 now and then, along with the first 3
toca games. it'd be cool to have all 3 generations of sony playstation consoles on my gaming unit

But all your PS1 games will work on your PS2, although it would be cool in a way to have all 3 generations plumbed in I s'pose, and a PS1 should be peanuts to buy, I traded mine in with a load of old games when I bought my 360 and got a princely sum of £4 for the PS1 LOL

Not really , I bought my 80gb PS3 , when my PS2 took it's life . At that time , I purchased 2 games ," F1CE " and "Tiger Woods '08 " , while in the back of my mind I did know that GT5P was coming out , so that was sort of an incentive , but not the main reason.

I bought it also just for the GT5P. In a pack (PS3+GT5P).

I am not going to buy any other PS3 game (okay, I'm 99% sure I won't buy any other game). I plan to buy GT5. And that is it.

And I also recently sold my old PS2 with GT4, GT4P, GT3 and GT3 Concept. It was bought for the same reason only - to play Gran Turismo. But much later on, my nephew convinced me to get some other games for him to play.

That was my plan from the beginning so I don't feel cheated. I only hope GT5 will be released soon.

Yup, and no regrets and the game hasnt even came out yet. I was an xbox fan and nearly got the 360, but luckily I didnt.

I resisted even touching GT5P because I wanted to wait for the full game and buy a ps3 at that point as it would be my sole reason for getting one. Admittedly, the Blue Ray player is a nice bonus, but played NO part in my decision. don't worry, I know I'm crazy :)

Wellllll, despite my best efforts I inevitably got sucked in. I sure as hell did my best to wait it out. It went like this:

A friend brought his ps3 over a week or two short of xmas last year and we started playing the HD concept he downloaded. I was ok with just tooling around on there and sessioning GT4 when I wanted to drive different cars and tracks. At that point I was just stoked to drive a ferrari and rock some drifting. Then my friend picked up GT5P right after xmas. As soon as I saw the game in his hand I got a sick feeling in my stomach as I knew I could no longer make good on my self imposed ban. I would've sounded like a lunatic if I said, "Look man, I'm sorry. I CAN'T play that game. I know what it'll lead to and I promised myself I'd wait for the full version, no matter how long it takes." Well HIS ps3 stayed at MY house for like 3 weeks. At that point I gave in completely. I ended up selling my wii, which I never used anyway, to make getting the ps3 cheaper :) I think it was more me saving money on that purchase to make getting a G25 asap more justifiable ;) At that point I started to session the GTP qualifier while waiting to take delivery of my G25. I love that damn wheel :) I'm just waiting for Sphinx to get back to me on what division I made. I'm going nuts with anticipation right now. I've started to do some time trials to get on some leader boards just to keep me occupied. Keep your eyes peeled for GTP_nervous24 coming to a leaderboard near YOU! haha ;) But today is a new day. I'm dying to get home and try out the new online events! Can't wait to see you guys on the track!

Phew, that was quite the screed :)

A friend brought his ps3 over a week or two short of xmas last year and we started playing the HD concept he downloaded. I was ok with just tooling around on there and sessioning GT4 when I wanted to drive different cars and tracks. At that point I was just stoked to drive a ferrari and rock some drifting. Then my friend picked up GT5P right after xmas. As soon as I saw the game in his hand I got a sick feeling in my stomach as I knew I could no longer make good on my self imposed ban. I would've sounded like a lunatic if I said, "Look man, I'm sorry. I CAN'T play that game. I know what it'll lead to and I promised myself I'd wait for the full version, no matter how long it takes." Well HIS ps3 stayed at MY house for like 3 weeks. At that point I gave in completely. I ended up selling my wii, which I never used anyway, to make getting the ps3 cheaper :) I think it was more me saving money on that purchase to make getting a G25 asap more justifiable ;) At that point I started to session the GTP qualifier while waiting to take delivery of my G25. I love that damn wheel :) I'm just waiting for Sphinx to get back to me on what division I made. I'm going nuts with anticipation right now. I've started to do some time trials to get on some leader boards just to keep me occupied. Keep your eyes peeled for GTP_nervous24 coming to a leaderboard near YOU! haha ;) But today is a new day. I'm dying to get home and try out the new online events! Can't wait to see you guys on the track!

Phew, that was quite the screed :)

I understand you very well! I myself have been (and still is) waiting for the full game before I get hold of my PS3 - but lucky for me that I haven't seen the prologue in live action for me to give in :P but after finding this forum I slowly getting impatient and wants to play the prologue and join the divisions :(... already made my GTP_PSN account :sly:

I bought the PS1 and PS2 only for Gran Turismo back in the days - but along the way I bought other nice games aswell :) Problem with PS3 is the money I need to spend, because I'm also lacking a HDTV.. and a G25. Maybe I should change the tradition and get my PS3 when Flower is launched? (tut tut) 👍

Hope I can join you guys soon!

likewise bro, but it is worthful, my 80G machine came with free HDMI cable and another free 3 games. unfortunately GT5p wasnt one of em' and I had to buy it separately. it all began with my new flatmate, he moved in with his PS3 n GT5p and it was XMAX. thats the end of the matter.... and now just wait to death and sametime play to death, have to accept that.

I voted for the second option. I buy playstations for GT, simple as, but I will play others while I'm wating for GT to be released.

I am pretty much the same, Playstation is for Gran Turismo but I also use the Playstation for games like GTA but when it comes to other gaming I am a PC guy.

Originally bought it for GT5:P. But I find myself playing Far Cry 2 and Fallout 3 just as much as GT5.. I just don't know where all the bashing on the ps3 is coming from. I don't have enough time to play all those good games!

I voted on option 2, but I am also very happy with other games I have bought since GT5:P.

I bought mine for GT5 and Final Fantasy.
The rest of the games I have are mere fillers to kill the time (DMC4, RR, GTA4, ME, AC).

i bought it mainly for GT5p, and ofcourse GT5 the Full game, whenever it decides it wants to grace me with it's presence. But also for Metal Gear Solid 4. The blu-player was a nice bonus, and now that i have it i really enjoy it, but it didn't play any role in my decision.

I was actually thinking of selling my xbox360 to put towards the purchase of the ps3 since i got the 80gig MEtal Gear bundle which was $499.99 usd at the time. But i got a new credit card and figured i would try it out...just ot see if it worked :sly:. Along with the G25 it was well worth it! I'm really enjoying GT5p, just can't wait for more cars/tracks, or ofcourse the FULL game! :)👍

-Robert

Bought mine just for GT, but a couple of other games will occassionally make their way in. I haven't really touched Forza2 on my 360 since....

Being an entirely unselfish person I bought the ps3 and GT5P for a teenage son's birthday. He hates driving and spends every available moment playing Warcraft and CS on his PC.

I bought the 50" HDMI screen and G25 wheel for myself. Heh heh.

I bought a PS3 solely for GT5p. Sold everything and I'm waiting for GT5 to come out. But this time I won't buy a PS3 only for GT5. I'm waiting for Fuell to be released at the end of 2009. If this game is about the same as 1nsane (pc off road game from invictus, published by codemasters in 2001), then I'm going to get Fuell.

I'm also waiting for Need For Speed SHIFT to be released at the end of 2009. If this game is as good or even better than GTR, GTR2, GTlegends, then I'm going to buy NFS SHIFT. These 2 games and GT5 will be worth buying a PS3 again.

Maybe there will be more hardcore sims in the near future for the PS3., i.e.: project Ferrari from former Blimey!games (if they are still working on this title).

Yes - I only purchased my PS3 for the GT series that I've always loved, but other games appeal too. I waited a long time but refused to go down the xbox360 route while still playing GT4.

Brother bought his PS3 when it came out, I watched him play the GT HD demos, but convinced the wife I would only buy a PS3 the day GT5P game out, which I did. Got a G25 soon after too, that required a bit more convincing lol!

Back