Did You See Anything Good Today? [Read First Post]

• Thread starter GilesGuthrie
  • 46,590 comments
Most people will agree that these are cool cars though.
Most people in the US will also say they see them often, as cool as they are.
Clios are not that common here in Australia (particularly the 197) and there's a small cool factor attached because French cars are interesting.
Okay, mistake made. Wait, how do you know that's a 197; that looks like a normal RS to me. With that said, cool factor is subjective. We think it's cool, but it's not going to apply to everyone.
All the cars you've mentioned are not worthy spots in my book. I've seen plenty of these vehicles and I just turn a blind eye to most of them unless they have an interesting feature or modification.
But people still post them, because not everyone thinks like you or your friends. I see as many Challengers T/As or Scat Packs as STis, so I'm not going to go in telling someone they saw those that it's not special.

and the GLE 63 AMG is less common than those and arguably has its own cool factor. It's a 600 hp Twin Turbo V8 powered box that carries people around.

Most people in the US will also say they see them often, as cool as they are.

Okay, mistake made. Wait, how do you know that's a 197; that looks like a normal RS to me. With that said, cool factor is subjective. We think it's cool, but it's not going to apply to everyone.

But people still post them, because not everyone thinks like you or your friends. I see as many Challengers T/As or Scat Packs as STis, so I'm not going to go in telling someone they saw those that it's not special.

and the GLE 63 AMG is less common than those and arguably has its own cool factor. It's a 600 hp Twin Turbo V8 powered box that carries people around.
Fine, keep posting pictures of the GLE 63 then if you really think they're that special.

79C37C17-63B2-42E4-A2EF-85AA71EC5F02.jpeg

Its extremely popular here(RF, SaintPetersburg), not the case in Finland? :eek:
I don't think so. I mean, sure enough I've seen old Jimnies a couple times, but not the newer models.

Depends where you live too, bigger cities in Finland have all kinds of cars rolling around. :P

Last edited:
Regarding the cars people post, I often see something here I think is an everyday occurrence then see it posted here from another part of the world. I never comment on that as I understand that one of the aspects of sharing car photos is sharing what is unusual in your neck of the woods and by that teaching all of us how diverse the cars are

Regarding the cars people post, I often see something here I think is an everyday occurrence then see it posted here from another part of the world. I never comment on that as I understand that one of the aspects of sharing car photos is sharing what is unusual in your neck of the woods and by that teaching all of us how diverse the cars are
exactly... just because we see 100 scat packs a day (not overly exaggerated in my city) doesn't mean there are even 10 scat packs in some parts of the globe...

I've also come to recognize the generation gap... I grew up literally tripping over Dodge Aries K's left right and center I think nothing of them when I see them... but MOST of those cars died and went to scrap before many members here were even born.

Looking at my older posts, man i was such a terrible spotter. :lol:

I thought i would share some random, more recent, spots because why not.

Western Star of some kind in Bahrain. Not that knowledgeable about trucks but most lorries over here are cab overs (think Mercedes Actros or a Scania) so seeing something with a bonnet is interesting.

IMG_20240126_142950.jpg

Here's a Chevy Delray that i saw while i was in Doha, Qatar.

IMG_20240120_093125.jpg

Back to Bahrain, here's an R34 Skyline coupe (not sure which trim).

IMG_20230921_215826.jpg
IMG_20230921_215715.jpg

One of my favourite spots of 2023: A Renault Avantime.

IMG_20230916_171509_1.jpg

IMG_20230916_171442.jpg

Proton Waja, very few of these are left in Bahrain nowadays.

IMG_20230818_205542.jpg

Toyota Crown (S170), RHD of course.

IMG_20230110_143427.jpg

Daihatsu Applause, driven by an elderly local who was going to the local Masjid. Surprisingly clean for it's age.

IMG_20230113_172858.jpg

4th gen Toyota Tercel, sold in the GCC for only like a single year before being replaced by the 5th gen. Again, these are fairly rare nowadays compared to the later models.

IMG_20231201_155346.jpg

Back