Did You See Anything Good Today? [Read First Post]

• Thread starter GilesGuthrie
  • 46,588 comments
This is a Norwegian car called the Think, I think.

My first TVR, not a very good one I guess.

Not sure

Something63 AMG. CLS?

Newer Porsche Targa next to an old Carrera.

Hot rod

Nova

:drool:

Corvette Z06 (was at a show, but not actually in the show)

CTS-V Sedan

I love them air cooled 4's!

TT-RS (🤬 auto-focus)

Unsure

Pontiac G8 GT

Some old Chevy bus (unsure 3)

This, I think, is one of those London taxis, isn't it?

Another Something63 AMG, CLS?

Jaguar XF

Nova and Camaro, literally racing down a back road (speed limit was about 35-40mph and I already had the camera up, which might give you an idea of their speed)
Edit: put in wrong pic, fixed.

Unsure sleeper

Old Merc

Possibly a repost, but Bel Air.

I think its a '60s Camaro, but its hard to tell being behind all of those cars.

I've missed so many cars, mainly older cars, because since I've got my permit, I've been driving and obviously can't take pics while driving. And when I ask my mom to take a pic, she's messing around with her cellphone, and either ignores me, says she can't, or opens the camera, when the car is already 2 miles away. [/end useless boring rant that no one will read.]

1346287170picsay1346287.jpg

Might be a TVR 350i, 350SE or 390SE. Of course it's pretty likely (well, in my case) I'm mistaken, but it's something around these names I think.
Awesome find!

EDIT: Epic facepalm, there's a badge on its side. I think it says 280i :)

Something63 AMG. CLS?
1346287366picsay1346287.jpg

Another Something63 AMG, CLS?

1346288330picsay1346288.jpg

Yeah, both CLS. But I'm not sure if the second one is an AMG.

This, I think, is one of those London taxis, isn't it?

2 actually ;)

Last edited:
The second CLS is an AMG; I'm sure the other CLSs of that model didn't have badging on the front wing.

And yup, 2 LTI TX2's - wonder what they're doing there?

A hotrod passed me on the freeway.

Since I was doing 100km/h(62mph) and not to mention it is stupid and illegal to take a picture with a phone or camera, i couldn't.

I have a soft spot for the TVR "Wedges", that's indeed a 280i, nice car, but some of the more powerful models numbered 390 to 450 would hit 60 in less than 5 seconds, and that was in the mid-80s. Very fast cars. Good spot and a lot rarer (in the UK anyway) than most of the 90s-00s models. Oh and those quicker models used essentially the same engine as the Rover V8 a couple of posts up :)

Thanks for the replies everyone! I learned quite a bit, actually.

Here's a Corvette Z06, and are those aftermarket wheels?

Edit: Porsche Cayman

Me wants

Boss 302

Last edited:
Madertus
Aftermarket or not, they look pathetic in size to me :D

How about that neat-ish Vette on the left? ;)

Meh, not too crazy about C5s. They're a dime a dozen here.

I still prefer your 205, GTi I assume unless you've modded it rather elaborately? 1.6 or 1.9? Both are great though :)

1.9 GTi, nice and standard. I prefer the Pug too, but I wouldn't say no to the Rolls if I was offered it, if only because its worth a nice chunk of money :D

Had a most amazing day yesterday! A friend and I were given special permission to check out some storage facilities where people keep their cars as space is so limited here. I was gobsmacked by the stuff that is hidden away in this city and that was just in a couple of places; carbon finish Zonda-F, white Enzo, THREE Reventon Roadsters anyone? Unfortunately I can't share any pics with you for obvious reasons, but I thought I'd mention it. I can however post a pic or two of the car that I was driven around in over the course of the afternoon. :)

Ferrari FF by Rupert Procter, on Flickr

As well as these...

Dino and Daytonas by Rupert Procter, on Flickr

Yesterday :

hondas200001.jpg

hondas200002.jpg

Honda S2000. Those are rare around here. And amazingly, I saw another one a few hours later.

astonmartinv8vantage01.jpg

astonmartinv8vantage02.jpg

Aston Martin V8 Vantage at the fast food...

And a Boxster in the afternoon but couldn't get a shot.

Rue
Had a most amazing day yesterday! A friend and I were given special permission to check out some storage facilities where people keep their cars as space is so limited here. I was gobsmacked by the stuff that is hidden away in this city and that was just in a couple of places; carbon finish Zonda-F, white Enzo, THREE Reventon Roadsters anyone? Unfortunately I can't share any pics with you for obvious reasons, but I thought I'd mention it. I can however post a pic or two of the car that I was driven around in over the course of the afternoon. :)

That sounds amazing! Sure you can't give us a little peek of a Reventon Roadster? Pleeeeasee? :sly:

And just to clarify, you are one of the luckiest people ever, most of the cars you have seen I've only seen in photos! :(

^Kinda sad, isn't it? There are so many stunning cars out there and I'll probably never even get to see them :< Not even mentioning sitting in one.

I wonder if I'll ever get to see the McLaren F1. My second ultimate dream for now.

Rue

Pics or it didn't happen. :dopey:

:lol:

At first, I was like aaaaw Rue! Mirroring the image so that a Dino is flanked by two identical Daytonas is lame. Then I curled up fetal and rocked around a little :ill:

Impressions on the FF? It's definitely my rich-person daily...

Haha! The one on the left used to belong to Pete Townshend (The Who) before the current owner bought it. The FF was really quite amazing. Refined in traffic but raw with the loud pedal pressed to the floor. Unfortunately there was a bunch of traffic on the roads yesterday so we didn't really get an opportunity to witness the full potential of the thing. On full song, that V12 sounds very throaty through the exhausts and in HK where people rarely look at supercars, this thing really gets some attention. It's pretty spacious inside and very well put together. I spent about two hours in the front and back and not once did I feel uncomfortable once in those bucket seats. I've always liked the look of the FF, but spending the afternoon with it I like it even more.

More pics here :)

Back