DIE Special Stage Route 11, DIE!!!

• Thread starter vinkento
  • 76 comments
Does anyone else here hate special stage route 11 as much as I do?:mad: If you don't, are there any courses you despise with all your passion?

and... if you do happen to share my feelings on SSR 11, could you give me some pointers? I'd apreciate it.

no, its not that bad. brake early, and don't brake on some of the S turns. watch some demos or what not and watch how they do it.

and a race track can't die.;)

Originally posted by McLarenRacerF1
no, its not that bad. brake early, and don't brake on some of the S turns. watch some demos or what not and watch how they do it.

and a race track can't die.;)

I'm going to have to disagree with you there. It seems as if the course is alive, as though it's out to get me. And if that's the case, it can surely suffer the wrath of my vengance. And it will...

Like McLaren said, Brake Early, Brake early, and Brake early. After that easy on the throttle coming out of the sharp turns.
Set your LSD, if equipped at 10/30/15 to start and if the back end is stepping out, under acceleration, raise the center number, two points at a time until it stops. If it's unsettled under deceleration, lower the last number.

This track is so much easier than the SSR 11 on GT1. Trust me.

I'll try that, although braking goes against everything I stand for. Maybe that's why I suck... either way, thanks for the advice ^_^

In order to have good times, you must use the brakes.
Real speed comes from using the brakes as needed to set up the car for the straights following the turns. (to over simplify).
Run your way, save your replay. Run my way save your replay. Watch both replays on the Analyser. You will be suprised.
The truth of the matter is that hitting the walls and sand will slow you down. Avoiding all that stuff will lower your lap times.

you do know this is gran turismo...not grand theft auto. it is a racing simulator. braking is essential.

I'm quite aware of the proper use of brakes and why you should use them. I'm odd, not stupid. :D What I mean is that if there's a way to get around without braking so much, I'd love it. But I really am quite aware that's rather improbable.

But hey... if you never try, you never know. ^_^

I'm quite aware of the proper use of brakes and why you should use them. I'm odd, not stupid. What I mean is that if there's a way to get around without braking so much, I'd love it. But I really am quite aware that's rather improbable.

Thank you for entertaining me with one of the most entertaining threads in a while. I absolutely agree...courses can seem alive. I think Apricot Hill is actively trying to ruin all of my close race series. SS R11 is probably the most difficult track for brake-haters (Cote d'Azure is another candidate). The more you practice the track, the better you will become at the turns. Or, you will go insane and throw your controller through a window. I hate that the AI always hits me as I brake for and round the corners on that track. Hey if you want to avoid braking altogether, by the Zonda C12S. Even with full pressure on the brakes, that car barely changes speed. I don't think that would help you turn much though.

:( my window is too far away for my to throw the control through. But I'm glad I lightened up someone's day :lol:

As per the whole "real driving simulator." That's just silly talk to get you to think somehow you can do better. And I'll take a 4 year subscription to THAT magazine any day.

That track got so annoying I don't even bother braking on some of the turns. If you got a car with good acceleration (you'll be amazed what an F1 can do), then you can ride the walls and improve your times.

I agree, I just finished souping (yes souping) my viper gts up to 815 HP and just made it accelerate like a monkey with a cucumber up you know where. It's so much better. The computer can still keep up a bit, but I'm winning. :D

It is a little hard to keep from spinning out sometimes though... :P

Seattle is pretty wankified if i do say so myself. But I do rather enjoy throwing myself at those corners... I can't even do THAT in SSR 11.

It's like, "dum de de dum, OH GOD TURN!!!" "SON OF A!!!!" "Why won't you turn?!?! DIE YOU STUPID COURSE!!" "I swear I'll murder the next person I see if this stupid course doesn't lay off me!!!!"

But that's just my opinion...

Originally posted by ZZII
Hey if you want to avoid braking altogether, by the Zonda C12S. Even with full pressure on the brakes, that car barely changes speed. I don't think that would help you turn much though.

My Zonda C12s brakes like every other car in my garage. I don't understand why people say that it "barely changes speed."

Originally posted by vinkento
Seattle is pretty wankified if i do say so myself. But I do rather enjoy throwing myself at those corners... I can't even do THAT in SSR 11.

It's like, "dum de de dum, OH GOD TURN!!!" "SON OF A!!!!" "Why won't you turn?!?! DIE YOU STUPID COURSE!!" "I swear I'll murder the next person I see if this stupid course doesn't lay off me!!!!"

But that's just my opinion...

the car wont turn?
it's the driver then... or the drivers settings..

all cars turn!

ving likes the jumps at seattle.(just thought i would get you started on the track you wish would die:))

I used to hate SSR11. Those hairpins always kicked my butt. But I guess after doing it enough times I know the line to take, and roughly where the braking points are. High powered cars still slip out from under me though, but I can usually make it without hitting walls.

What I do hate is when the AI cars go into a turn too hot and pile into the walls every lap, and I happen to get in front of them. I take a careful slow-in, fast-out approach, and I get smacked up and spun around. Seems to happen most on SSR11.

Does anyone else here hate special stage route 11 as much as I do?:mad: If you don't, are there any courses you despise with all your passion?

and... if you do happen to share my feelings on SSR 11, could you give me some pointers? I'd apreciate it.
If you don't much appreciate SSR11, you don't want to do my race series. :nervous:

Actually, I quite like SSR11. It's got quite a nice bunch of tight corners, and if you take some of the corners good, you can get some sweet natural slide coming out of them. 👍

Courses that I despise with a passion? I can't really say that I have any. Of course, there are tracks that I like more than others, but basically I'm an all-round bloke. :D

It's not that my car doesn't turn, and it's not like I'm the best driver in the world either. It's just sometimes I feel like there's a very very very thin line between understeering and throwing myself at the wall, and oversteering and spinning out. And that line moves around to play tricks on me... stupid SSR11... moving the line... crushing my confidence.... :( :( :(

It's not that my car doesn't turn, and it's not like I'm the best driver in the world either. It's just sometimes I feel like there's a very very very thin line between understeering and throwing myself at the wall, and oversteering and spinning out. And that line moves around to play tricks on me... stupid SSR11... moving the line... crushing my confidence.... :( :( :(

important safety tip:

dont take mind altering drugs before or during driving! :P

Oh well, keep at it, you'll get there. :D

I apreciate the support.
And they're not mind altering drugs... its just really odd shaped advils... with the writing 800mg on each one... :drool:

If you don't like real brakes, use the handbrake...guaranteed to get you in a spin! (pun intended ;))

Back