DIE Special Stage Route 11, DIE!!!

• Thread starter vinkento
  • 76 comments
Oh, thanks for laughing :P

But really, if you don't like braking, i don't think even DRIVING is for you...;)

I'm perfectly fine with braking. ^_^ It's the whole slowing down part i just don't get hehehe. *punts one to the infield*
seriously though, I know I have to brake, it just seems that the turns in SSR 11 are so close it's like I'm barely even moving after I'm done braking for each and every turn with my 350 hp trueno

Well, you could just let off the gas, then your speed will go down slower than braking...;)

Have to admit that track used to wreck my head (and to a certain extent it still does) :irked: But hey, as far as I'm concerned it's one of the better drifting tracks in the game... hairpins, TVR, sorted!:D

Originally posted by Gil
Like McLaren said, Brake Early, Brake early, and Brake early. After that easy on the throttle coming out of the sharp turns.
"odd: I prefer to brake normal (ie not early, not late) then power out of sharp turns with some sweet natural slide.

This track is so much easier than the SSR 11 on GT1. Trust me.
That's true. I used to phear the chicane along the back straight. Don't anymore, though. :D

Believe it or not this will work if you really try it. First "DONT OVERDRIVE THE CAR!!!!" I can't say it enough times. Letting a car coast instead of going from full gas to brakes is key to getting the suspension to settle. Second adjust your setting so that you can take the same car to Laguna SECA and drift the turns. The more times you practice until you can smoothly back out of the gas until you achieve full traction and then lay back into the throttle without additional tire spin, you will knock time off every track. Third "DONT OVERDRIVE THE CAR!!!!". Fourth Don't drift every corner. Learn which corners sets you up for the next "run". And last but not least know the track. That means with more than one car and in both directions. You would be surprised what a "hidden" spot going reverse could do for you in the other direction. Hope that helps. BTW I hate it too although I think I'm starting to come around to SS11

Originally posted by Drkfae
Believe it or not this will work if you really try it. First "DONT OVERDRIVE THE CAR!!!!" I can't say it enough times. Letting a car coast instead of going from full gas to brakes is key to getting the suspension to settle. Second adjust your setting so that you can take the same car to Laguna SECA and drift the turns. The more times you practice until you can smoothly back out of the gas until you achieve full traction and then lay back into the throttle without additional tire spin, you will knock time off every track. Third "DONT OVERDRIVE THE CAR!!!!". Fourth Don't drift every corner. Learn which corners sets you up for the next "run". And last but not least know the track. That means with more than one car and in both directions. You would be surprised what a "hidden" spot going reverse could do for you in the other direction. Hope that helps. BTW I hate it too although I think I'm starting to come around to SS11
So I guess I'm fine then - I can walk the talk.. er, talk the walk... er... hang on...

:D

Hey SS how do you read additional PM's? I think I caught on to this forum stuff finally. I'll join your wonderful competition. Give me a few hours sleep and I'll send in my S-license SS11 time.

Originally posted by McLarenRacerF1
and a race track can't die.;)

Tell that to Reims in France. :odd: :embarrassed:

SSR 11 is fun with the right frame of mind. I enjoy it the most when I set up a car with the rear end unsettled. I'll move my brake bias up front and turn in slightly under braking to get the rear moving. It also helps to use the curbs. Throttle control is important if you're running lots 'o HP.

My least favorite track ... Tahiti Maze. Its a challenge, but I can't seem to get in a groove with all those 1st gear turns. And (at least for me), its tough to control the high HP cars there. I tried running my Imprezza LM there a few nights ago and kept looping it in the switchbacks. :mad:

SSR11 is fine once you get the hang of drifting in the switchbacks. SSR11(II) is a body and fender man's dream though.

SSR11 really rewards precision, so if you're having trouble, that's what you need to work on. There are all sorts of odd cambers all over the place, so you really need to concentrate on braking in a straight line, or the car will slide and you lose precision. You also need to remember that some of the corners go on for longer than you anticipate, which means longer on only part throttle.

It's also a circuit with high speed differentials - for example, you should be well south of 200mph at the end of the main straight in a Le Mans car or an F1 car. Remember that (and this is why I think most people have trouble with the Zonda) you're travelling a lot faster than you really have any right to be, and this has consequences for your braking distances.

Finally, it is a relatively low-grip surface, so accelerating and turning is more likely to create spins than at other tracks.

sorry i dont have time to read all the posts in this thread but i will add my two cents. ss route 11 is a very hard track, it takes a lot of getting used to and i used to hate it too. however after doing international A in gt1 it became one of my favourites. i guess its about how well u know a track. i hate montecarlo, its neither fast nor fun.

How did I miss this thread for nearly a full day?

I hate SSR-11 with a burning passion. The moody lighting, the greasy pavment, the camoflaged apexes, the dozens of 180+-degree turns... Challenging? Bah. Tedious, in the extreme.

Monaco, on the other hand, I love. Seattle I like a lot. Technical and challenging, but rewarding. Those tracks can be tight, but the car feels like your partner, not your enemy.

Driving a car - even one I like - at SSR11 is like coming home and finding my own dog growling at me from under the porch.

Well, I suppose we can't all be perfect... :D I enjoy SSR11 - okay not so much as the GT1 incarnation, but still.

Seattle II is the worst thing ever made by anybody. Ever.

Wow. I can't imagine hating Seattle more than R11. R11 has about as much traction dry as R5 does in the wet stage.

SSR11 sucks, ssr11 II is very evil and probably alive. That stinking chicane at the end is impossibly difficult to do with consistancy. My best advice is to brake early and go through with maybe half throttle.

Another track that just recently became a thorn in my side was Apricot Hill. I was racing in the F1 championship, and I could just not lose the stupid f/094. Finally on the last lap I crashed&burned on the first turn in the sand. I yelled and swore for about 5 minutes, then raced again and beat the pants off the competition :D . Basically though, if you have trouble with a track, you just need to have a cool head about it.

Originally posted by Naet
SSR11 sucks, ssr11 II is very evil and probably alive. That stinking chicane at the end is impossibly difficult to do with consistancy. My best advice is to brake early and go through with maybe half throttle.

Another track that just recently became a thorn in my side was Apricot Hill. I was racing in the F1 championship, and I could just not lose the stupid f/094. Finally on the last lap I crashed&burned on the first turn in the sand. I yelled and swore for about 5 minutes, then raced again and beat the pants off the competition :D . Basically though, if you have trouble with a track, you just need to have a cool head about it.

apricot II is much better than I. yes famine ss r11 was slightly better in gt1 & 2 but the chicane on that long straight they added is pretty fun. but certainly there ARE better tracks. seattle is great, again i think seattle II is better, going up that hill with the jumps is just a bit unsettling, esp when the front of ur car keeps lifting up and u cant see whats going on.

I don't actually hate SSR 11 as much as Duke but if PD came to me and said you can have Red Rock Valley back, BUT, you have to give up one track. SSR 11 would be GONE.

Originally posted by neon_duke
How did I miss this thread for nearly a full day?

I hate SSR-11 with a burning passion. The moody lighting, the greasy pavment, the camoflaged apexes, the dozens of 180+-degree turns... Challenging? Bah. Tedious, in the extreme.

Monaco, on the other hand, I love. Seattle I like a lot. Technical and challenging, but rewarding. Those tracks can be tight, but the car feels like your partner, not your enemy.

Driving a car - even one I like - at SSR11 is like coming home and finding my own dog growling at me from under the porch.

Finally someone agrees. :lol:
I've been practicing and practicing and it just seems like the more I try, the worse I do. Especially with my Trueno or RX-7 FC. But I think the real trick is, like a few have said, to anticipate every corner. not just rush in like a madman.

Then again... when I try that... the course kinda goes "No.... I don't thiink I'll let you take that corner." and the entire course slides to the right and I slam into the left turn guardrail. And It's not just any slam, I'm talking about those ones where you need a whole nother lap just to get up to 5th place.

Originally posted by Gil
I don't actually hate SSR 11 as much as Duke but if PD came to me and said you can have Red Rock Valley back, BUT, you have to give up one track. SSR 11 would be GONE.

You, outside, now...

Red Rock Valley was just the most BORING track ever invented - plus the MR physics in GT2 didn't allow them to actually go round the banked corners... SSR11 is interesting as in the Chinese curse "May You Live In Interesting Times". I've never fallen asleep whilst driving it though...

BTW has anyone else noticed that there is some kind of law in force that any driving game must have a course called "Red Rock" something in it? Or am I getting too close to the Xylene in the fume cupboard?

Originally posted by Famine
You, outside, now...

Red Rock Valley was just the most BORING track ever invented - plus the MR physics in GT2 didn't allow them to actually go round the banked corners... SSR11 is interesting as in the Chinese curse "May You Live In Interesting Times". I've never fallen asleep whilst driving it though...

BTW has anyone else noticed that there is some kind of law in force that any driving game must have a course called "Red Rock" something in it? Or am I getting too close to the Xylene in the fume cupboard?
get away from that xylene.... oh and have you EVER fallen asleep during other tracks? heh

about red rock yeah, didnt need for speed have red rock ridge?

and i agree, red rock _was_ plain. though if someone said u can have redrock back but u have to give up a track i'd get rid of test track. top speeds are fine, but why make a track for that? why not just have an infinitely long straight????

I like SSR11 and SSR11 II. It is a very challenging track, which is why I like it, and I don't seem to have any problems with driving consistently.

I wouldn't have them get rid of the Test Course, just have them make it smaller. I think it's nice to have an easy race like Test Course in some of the more difficult series. They just need to make it smaller so it doesn't put you to sleep.

Yep. I actually once fell asleep during the Super Speedway enduro... :D

I caught myself quickly, paused it and went to bed. Got up 4 hours later and carried on... :D

Originally posted by Famine
You, outside, now...

OK, What about Autumn Ring, Or Grindelwald?
I did say that I didn't exactly hate SSR11. You will not be getting a glowing endorsement of that track from me. It's okay. But It will bite you in the tail end if you blink at the wrong time.

Originally posted by Gil
OK, What about Autumn Ring, Or Grindelwald?
I did say that I didn't exactly hate SSR11. You will not be getting a glowing endorsement of that track from me. It's okay. But It will bite you in the tail end if you blink at the wrong time.
oh gosh grindelelelelwalaldddd... i completely forgot about that track. and for good reason too, it was one of the worst ever. yeah keep test course get rid of (or at least dont bring back) grindelwald.

as for autumn ring, that is probably one of my all time favourites (after laguna). its perfect for drifting due to many corners and small length

Back