Difficult Car Spotlight - Option Stream Z

• Thread starter XS
  • 142 comments
I threw up (:crazy:) my soft tune. Review either tune, it's fine by me. The soft tune had already addressed some problems that the first tune has but I skipped over it because it was a tad slower.

@Ridox2JZGTE

(ds3, ABS 1, Grand Valley 10 laps)

Low Speed Corner:
Entry:
Responsive turn in, feels planted and willing to stick the nose in
Mid: Holds line well, very stable
Exit: The turbo kills it on the exit unfortunately, any time gained is lost in wheel spin and oversteer
Comments: Initially it feels really good but when the boost kicks in on exit the car goes from stable to snap oversteer instantly. Once sliding its easy enough to gather up, but it loses you a pile of time on exit and prevents early acceleration out of the corners.

Mid Speed Corner:
Entry:
Sharp and predictable
Mid: Stable with a slight hint of understeer
Exit: Stable and carries decent speed
Comments: This is where this tune really shines in my opinion, it feels responsive and sharp, gives you plenty of confidence to carry plenty of speed through the bends. It struggles with multiple changes of direction slightly, but that is usually as a result of speed carried through the first bend and the general nature of stiff cars.

High Speed Corner
Entry:
Struggles to turn in at speed, feels heavy and unresponsive
Mid: Understeer makes it hard to hold line without losing speed
Exit: More understeer under throttle
Comments: This is where the car really struggled for me, felt heavy and unwilling to turn at speed

Tune Comments: I can see the logic behind putting the low Rpm turbo on this car, it should make the power band less peaky and easier to apply. Unfortunately it just increases the power and makes it come in with the same ferocity 1500 rpm earlier, this makes corner exit more tricky because that big lump of power hits you while there is still a little steering lock applied and makes the rear tires let go. It doesn't let go violently but it loses a lot of speed trying to find traction again. Handles well enough, but is a difficult beast on the more critical side of a corner.

Alternative

Low Speed Corner:
Entry:
Feels surprisingly light and responsive
Mid: Holds line well with grip available for course corrections
Exit: Feels stable enough, maybe a touch of weight transfer induced oversteer when pushing hard
Comments: Feels really responsive to steering input and has bags of grip allowing you to push hard on entry. On exit it can wallow a bit causing problems if you need to change direction quickly, but out of most tight bends it feels stable and forgiving.

Mid Speed Corner:
Entry:
Stable and responsive
Mid: Good grip, remains nimble throughout
Exit: No drama, feels stable and balanced
Comments: Very easy to throw into bends with confidence knowing that it will do as you ask, when you ask. If I had to find fault it would be that it can get a tiny bit fidgety and I can imagine that this car would be tiring to drive for more than about 5 laps.

High Speed Corner
Entry:
Lots of slip and understeer
Mid: More understeer
Exit: Undramatic but generally slow
Comments: This is the only thing letting the car down for me, it just doesn't handle high speed well. The front end slips on turn in and gives a pile of understeer and then the rear gets unsettled losing even more speed. Feels surprising considering how well the car handles in slower corners, caught me out the first time and sent me torpedoing into the wall.

Tune Comments: I can barely believe this is the same car, it feels much lighter and more responsive than I thought possible. The added grip has made the power far more manageable on exit as well, no longer feels like its on such a knife edge when the turbo kicks in. The only thing that let it down was the surprising lack of ability in fast corners, it just felt uncomfortable and unwilling from turn in to exit. If the high speed handling could be fixed I think this tune could be something really special. Good effort, would definitely use again

@Ridox2JZGTE

Low Speed Corner:
Entry:
Responsive turn in, feels planted and willing to stick the nose in
Exit: The turbo kills it on the exit unfortunately, any time gained is lost in wheel spin and oversteer
Comments: Initially it feels really good but when the boost kicks in on exit the car goes from stable to snap oversteer instantly. Once sliding its easy enough to gather up, but it loses you a pile of time on exit and prevents early acceleration out of the corners.

Mid Speed Corner:
Entry:
Sharp and predictable
Mid: Stable with a slight hint of understeer
Exit: Stable and carries decent speed
Comments: This is where this tune really shines in my opinion, it feels responsive and sharp, gives you plenty of confidence to carry plenty of speed through the bends. It struggles with multiple changes of direction slightly, but that is usually as a result of speed carried through the first bend and the general nature of stiff cars.

High Speed Corner
Entry:
Struggles to turn in at speed, feels heavy and unresponsive
Mid: Understeer makes it hard to hold line without losing speed
Exit: More understeer under throttle
Comments: This is where the car really struggled for me, felt heavy and unwilling to turn at speed

Tune Comments: I can see the logic behind putting the low Rpm turbo on this car, it should make the power band less peaky and easier to apply. Unfortunately it just increases the power and makes it come in with the same ferocity 1500 rpm earlier, this makes corner exit more tricky because that big lump of power hits you while there is still a little steering lock applied and makes the rear tires let go. It doesn't let go violently but it loses a lot of speed trying to find traction again. Handles well enough, but is a difficult beast on the more critical side of a corner.

Alternative

Low Speed Corner:
Entry:
Feels surprisingly light and responsive
Mid: Holds line well with grip available for course corrections
Exit: Feels stable enough, maybe a touch of weight transfer induced oversteer when pushing hard
Comments: Feels really responsive to steering input and has bags of grip allowing you to push hard on entry. On exit it can wallow a bit causing problems if you need to change direction quickly, but out of most tight bends it feels stable and forgiving.

Mid Speed Corner:
Entry:
Stable and responsive
Mid: Good grip, remains nimble throughout
Exit: No drama, feels stable and balanced
Comments: Very easy to throw into bends with confidence knowing that it will do as you ask, when you ask. If I had to find fault it would be that it can get a tiny bit fidgety and I can imagine that this car would be tiring to drive for more than about 5 laps.

High Speed Corner
Entry:
Lots of slip and understeer
Mid: More understeer
Exit: Undramatic but generally slow
Comments: This is the only thing letting the car down for me, it just doesn't handle high speed well. The front end slips on turn in and gives a pile of understeer and then the rear gets unsettled losing even more speed. Feels surprising considering how well the car handles in slower corners, caught me out the first time and sent me torpedoing into the wall.

Tune Comments: I can barely believe this is the same car, it feels much lighter and more responsive than I thought possible. The added grip has made the power far more manageable on exit as well, no longer feels like its on such a knife edge when the turbo kicks in. The only thing that let it down was the surprising lack of ability in fast corners, it just felt uncomfortable and unwilling from turn in to exit. If the high speed handling could be fixed I think this tune could be something really special. Good effort, would definitely use again

Thank you, very detailed review, I like the comments :) I see the test drive done at Grand Valley Speedway instead of Brands Hatch GP. Looks like the tune do not work well at Grand Valley high speed sections, and will require some adjustment. Main spring rate has low speed corner exit oversteer, and high speed understeer, while alternative spring rate has mainly high speed understeer,I will do some tests at Grand Valley, maybe some tweaking, but this could cause the car to not perform well at Brands Hatch GP. Changing front damper alone could give different result on different track :( I'll see what I can do. What's your best lap at Grand Valley ? So I can have a target to set on for a decent lap time :D and I you can run a few laps at Brands Hatch GP ( track it was made on ) that would be great, just short comments will suffice.

Doesnt matter really what his times were imho.
like my test I did on Priaino's 550, I was hitting 1:23:00's on RH tires, but im POSITIVE anyone else would be hitting 1:22's and 1:21's lol.
point is, 1:23's are MY version of good for that track and pp range.

The question you should be asking is, compared to any other "good" cars on that PP and track, what is a "good" time for him?

When I first started on apricot hill, I used the power limiter to make my "perfect" tune 550pp and ran a few laps to find out what the best possible time was for that PP.
this car, with anyones tune, will never hit that time. Never.
but it gives you an idea anyway.

(By the way, my "perfect" tune I refer to, is my tune for the RX7-TC. And no, I wknt be posting that tune, lol.)

@praiano63 OPTION Review

Reviewer Info

Controller: DS3
Track used for testing: Brands Hatch GP and Mt. Panorama
Number of laps completed: 6 each
Tire compound used: Sports Soft (within the limits of the tune)

Test Drive Overall Result: A great tune capable of serious lap times

Low Speed Corner:
Entry:
Fast in, neutral, the car goes exactly where you want, response is incredible.
Mid: Easy to hold line, no oversteer, no understeer, fast, can be twitchy if pushed too hard.
Exit: No oversteer, no understeer, easy exit out, can induce oversteer if one feels like showing off.
Comments: Easy turn in, no drama, no fighting, the car simply goes where you tell it. Can't believe this car handles low speed corners this well.

Mid Speed Corner
Entry:
Very fast in, neutral handling, can upset the car if pushed way too hard.
Mid: Neutral handling, can push hard, hitting apex is ridiculously easy.
Exit: Neutral handling, easy throttle-on exit. Almost impossible to step the rear end out.
Comments: None really, just simply great. Does exactly what you want it to do without any drama.

High Speed Corner
Entry:
fast in, neutral handling, very easy to throw into fast bends.
Mid: Neutral handling, very fast speed, easy to hit apex and hold line.
Exit: Neutral handling, early throttle-on, very easy to execute perfectly, zero drama.
Comments: Wow does this tune shine even more in fast corners, increasing and decreasing radius, sweepers, it does all fast bends...... fast! Simply throw the car in, hit apex as fast as possible, power out.

Tune Comments:
This tune is simply great. I'm amazed this is the OPTION Stream Z. It feels more like a MR GT500 race car on full downforce. There are so many things about this tune I wish I had thought of - flattening out the power curve, perfect lsd (for me anyway), and on and on. My only criticism is that if you're over zealous or racing at the limit the brakes and weight distribution can make the car twitchy under braking and corner entry, but nothing to really upset you to the point of losing time so not that big of a deal. Huge respect Praiano, two thumbs up 👍👍.

@demonchilde : Then there's the factor of everyone having different driving style and skill level, I certainly didn't have much issue with high speed corner with my Stream Z, in fact, I tuned it to be a bit looser than it used to be ( my 1st base tune has tighter setup LSD and alignment ), because I figured test drivers would be using ABS 1 ( usually gives understeer under braking compared to no ABS ) and will have different style and preferences than me :) Most often it's a compromise when tuning a car, while making a replica is a different story. Sometimes I have to make decisions on what to prioritize when tuning for specific individual needs/preferences.

@DolHaus : I have driven some laps at Grand Valley, and made small tweaks to the damper, toe and LSD. The changes will not be posted on my tune yet, as it's specific tweak for Grand Valley Speedway :D Might work on other tracks too ;)

Changes made are in bold.

For Main Spring Rate front 16kg/mm, rear 18kg/mm ZEAL Super Function SPL :

Ride Height: 100 100
Spring Rate: 16.0 18.00
Dampers (Compression): 6 3
Dampers (Extension): 5 3
Anti-Roll Bars: 3 3
Camber Angle: 0.2 0.2
Toe Angle: -0.08 0.00

LSD
Initial Torque : 16
Acceleration Sensitivity: 20
Braking Sensitivity: 10

Notes : I made slight tweak on front and rear damper, the front damper are reduced to give better balance with the toe, LSD and rear damper changes, it slightly reduce response on lower speed corner.

The rear damper also reduced to give better traction on higher speed corner and directional changes while trying to maintain balance with overloading the rear on lower speed exit - running comp 2 / ext 3 will give better low speed traction but easier to overwhelm or run opposite comp 3 / ext 2 to give longer laod transition on the rear - more predictable but sluggish to change direction at mid/high speed. So a compromise is made comp 3 / ext 3 at the rear :D

Toe : Rear toe in is now gone, running zero toe gives more neutral balance, the damper compliment the changes. Now it has less resistance from the rear tires when cornering or chaning direction at a cost of slightly less stability.

LSD Initial : I observed the torque sent when exiting 2nd gear corner like left hander entering 1st tunnel, and 3rd gear exiting 2nd and last tunnel are the main highlights as well as the last chicane after last tunnel. The LSD react too quickly with lower preload/initial torque, so I decided to increase initial torque to lessen the drastic changes on lower speed and increase LSD response all around. The car will feel a bit tighter but overall the balance is much better :D

The changes made can be easily felt on the last tunnel exit, play with throttle on 3rd gear a bit. The high speed esses and the 2nd tunnel are also good places to feel the differences.

For Alternative Sping Rate front 16kg/mm, rear 14kg/mm Zeal Super Function X Series

Ride Height: 100 100
Spring Rate: 16.0 14.00
Dampers (Compression): 6 5
Dampers (Extension): 5 4
Anti-Roll Bars: 3 3
Camber Angle: 0.2 0.2
Toe Angle: -0.08 0.00

LSD
Initial Torque : 16
Acceleration Sensitivity: 20
Braking Sensitivity: 10

NOTES : The changes for alternative spring also similar to the main spring, except for the damper which requires different approach with softer rear spring.

Damper : Lowered front and read extension as Grand Valley is mostly smooth surfaced with almost no bumps, the weaker extension allows more load to be sustained and gives better feel on mid to high speed corners.

Toe : Similar to main spring, zero toe at the rear for more freedom.

LSD : Initial set at 16, again same as above.

With stock weight distribution, stock weight, no power limiter, stock gearing and aero to retain car original characteristics, I would say I have done the best I could with the car, and I prefer to tune this way, as I always prefer to drive what the car supposed to represent :) Don't want to turn it into MR or nose up , rear down :lol:

@XS : The changes above might work on Brands Hatch, if you want to try it :D

Last edited:
demonchilde tune: 600PP // 1500 kg - 46% front/54%rear // 849HP // RM front-RH rear // Tested on SUZUKA.

Low Speed Corner:
Entry: N
eutral, good turn in easy to place.
Mid: Well balanced , good response , good weight transfer, you can feel the front tires grip (Softer tires at the front help).
Exit: Out corner show light understeer due to very low LSD accel.

Mid Speed Corner
Entry:
Good turn in, but te car don´t stay on the line you want, a lot of pivot due to tires difference of front and rear and springs that don´t match in part, loosing and gaining grip according to weight transfer.
Mid: The car come easy and reach the apex well .
Exit: Same problem as entry , front train float a lot, LSD accel too low for racing tires , light understeer.

High Speed Corner
Entry:
Same as medium speed corners.
Mid: Neutral , good grip ,good precision of driving input .
Exit: Same as medium speed corners.

Tune Comments: Fast car but difficult to maintain on the driving line under accel or braking. Front end float a lot and don´t allow precision in yours driving input.

DolHaus tune: 598PP // 1327 kg - 50% front/50%rear // 796HP // SS front-SS rear // Tested on SUZUKA.

Low Speed Corner:
Entry: N
eutral, good good line , must be at right speed , if above ,you´ll feel understeer.
Mid: Well balanced , answer well to driving input , but need to wait pasivelly the car making his move, if too fast , understeer.
Exit: Good out corner with no margin , need throttle control but it´s easy to manage and it help to place the car early on the fast line.

Mid Speed Corner
Entry:
Very good stability perfect line, easy to place.
Mid: If not over the correct speed the car will reach the line you want perfectly .
Exit: Good out due to high LSD accel, need control but ok. At least you can do something , allowing agressive easy fast out.

High Speed Corner
Entry:
Always very stable , on the line, just take care at your braking point to not be too fast . You´ll not correct your line if you miss it under strong braking..
Mid: A bit too neutral but well balanced on his springs.
Exit: Very good , easy too control but still need to take care with your throttle input, can be very wild.

Tune Comments: I like the car, it´s pleasant to drive and have a good precision. Perhaps need to let the weight transfer work for more eagerness during braking and of throttle moment mid corner. Good car.

Next to come.....

Last edited:
@praiano63
(thank you for taking the time to review my car, glad you enjoyed it)

Low Speed Corner:
Entry:
Responsive turn in, feels light and eager. A little bit unnerving on the brakes though
Exit: Grippy and fast but the back end does have a habit of coming round if you're aggressive with it
Comments: Feels fast and agile, holds a lot of speed through the corners. A little bit nervous on cold tyres and can catch you out if the first corner involves hard braking whilst turning. The brakes would be my overall least favourite part of the car, feels like it wants to swap ends under hard braking. Can get a bit nervous with rapid direction changes but stable if you don't go nuts with it.

Mid Speed Corner:
Entry:
Sharp and predictable
Mid: Stable and light
Exit: No drama but feels like it loads up and releases, feels a bit odd
Comments: Feels odd but fast. It feels like the suspension loads up and then releases throughout the bend, can't explain or diagnose what's going on but it feels like the suspension is loading the springs/dampers during the corner and then it releases the energy into nowhere at least once during medium speed bends. It feels odd but there appears to be no downside, just makes it hard to gauge how hard you can push the car.

High Speed Corner
Entry:
Responsive and sharp
Mid: holds speed well, neutral throttle input
Exit: Progressive throughout
Comments: No real complaints, never really got the car going fast enough to give a good account of how it handles at the absolute limit but I imagine you'd have to push really hard to find any understeer.

Tune Comments: This thing is QUICK! Really, Really quick! I was finding it it between 2 - 4 seconds quicker around Grand Valley than most of the 600pp tunes I've tested for this car. Feels a bit strange to drive with the rear weight bias but there's no doubting its abilities. Good fun but I fear this thing could become troubling if you pushed it too hard, its very forgiving but has a habit of becoming slightly unstable at the limit.

Another great effort as we have all come to expect from you, well done.

4 seconds quicker ? Mind to tell what's your best time with the car ? At Grand Valley - 600PP Stream Z on SS tire should do easy 1:56s at very least. If the 550PP does less than 1:52s, that's real quick.

Thank you, very detailed review, I like the comments :) I see the test drive done at Grand Valley Speedway instead of Brands Hatch GP. Looks like the tune do not work well at Grand Valley high speed sections, and will require some adjustment. Main spring rate has low speed corner exit oversteer, and high speed understeer, while alternative spring rate has mainly high speed understeer,I will do some tests at Grand Valley, maybe some tweaking, but this could cause the car to not perform well at Brands Hatch GP. Changing front damper alone could give different result on different track :( I'll see what I can do. What's your best lap at Grand Valley ? So I can have a target to set on for a decent lap time :D and I you can run a few laps at Brands Hatch GP ( track it was made on ) that would be great, just short comments will suffice.
My best lap in mine was a 1:55.7, but its hard to compare times because I only drove yours for 10 laps and mine for probably closer to 60. I think the best I could get out of yours was a 1:58, I might be able to knock more time off of it with practice. Most of the cars tested so far are averaging laps around 1:59-2:02, I might just be slow though

My best lap in mine was a 1:55.7, but its hard to compare times because I only drove yours for 10 laps and mine for probably closer to 60. I think the best I could get out of yours was a 1:58, I might be able to knock more time off of it with practice. Most of the cars tested so far are averaging laps around 1:59-2:02, I might just be slow though

Oh, I see, it's different from driver to driver, when I made changes at Grand Valley, I did 1:57s on original tune of mine in first few lap to get a feel, then with some changes as posted above, easy 1:56s without really pushing hard and some slow parts in the tunnel, someone good with a wheel and ABS 1 would do at least 1:55s at 600PP I think. Spent around 10 laps on it :D

If you are free, you can try the changes above, it's fine if you can't. I am busy too building replicas - lots of work waiting.

Oh, I see, it's different from driver to driver, when I made changes at Grand Valley, I did 1:57s on original tune of mine in first few lap to get a feel, then with some changes as posted above, easy 1:56s without really pushing hard and some slow parts in the tunnel, someone good with a wheel and ABS 1 would do at least 1:55s at 600PP I think. Spent around 10 laps on it :D

If you are free, you can try the changes above, it's fine if you can't. I am busy too building replicas - lots of work waiting.
I will test the updates once I've finished testing everyone else's tunes. Its a bit of a struggle at the moment because my computer monitor just died so I'm having to use my TV for both PS3 and computer purposes, makes copying tunes much slower because I'm having to write it all down on paper and then type it up afterwards.

Something I've noticed while testing others' tunes is that one needs to complete enough laps to get the car to feel like it's their own. Only then will someone else's car run lap times closest to your own tune. On Mt. Panorama I couldn't understand why my tunes where running 5-6 seconds faster than everybody else's. But as soon as I ran enough laps to treat their tune as my own things leveled out.

XS
Something I've noticed while testing others' tunes is that one needs to complete enough laps to get the car to feel like it's their own. Only then will someone else's car run lap times closest to your own tune. On Mt. Panorama I couldn't understand why my tunes where running 5-6 seconds faster than everybody else's. But as soon as I ran enough laps to treat their tune as my own things leveled out.
Definitely, its important to spend long enough in the car to learn how it wants to be driven. Its also important to test the car on a track you are comfortable with, more so when we're tuning cars for feel rather than all out pace, its far too easy to tune a car for one track and make it unsuitable for another.
I usually try to spend 20 - 30 mins driving a car, trying various techniques and driving styles to find out what the car is capable of and where it feels most comfortable. I'll take it out on a track that I'm comfortable with and can lap consistently, if I was to take it out on a track I didn't know that well it may negatively influence my view of the car and I wouldn't be able to give it a fair viewing.

I'll be reviewing all the tunes at the weekend, I want to sit down and test them back to back, won't have enough time until the weekend. Any time I get at the moment isn't long enough for serious testing, just a quick blast or slide about.

I'm looking forward to testing the other tunes after reading the reviews.

This is going to be a great rolling feature. Can't wait for next month's.

On a side note. Has anyone tried the amuse GT1 turbo stock. It just wants to turn. All the time.

I'm having lots of fun with it as a running project. It's so capable, that basically everything I end up with, although fast and stable, seem to have compromises.

If I get the rear to stay in check on the brakes, I end up with high speed power understeer as a side effect. I'm trying to stay away from ballast, but it has a rear biast weight distribution, which is great for rotation, but when it comes to finding a nice stable, but pointy balance, the rear bias makes things a bit tricky.

Well worth a fiddle for anyone who likes a tuning challenge, rather than a 2 minute wonder.

XS
This thread is devoted to tuning the black sheep of Gran Turismo, the difficult cars that are seemingly beyond all hope. In GT5 days for every car that people gave up on as impossible to tune a tuner managed to fight through and find that "eureka" setup that made it enjoyable. Cars that come to mind from those days include the Lotus Europa, Oullim Motors Spirra, and TVR Cerbera, all plagued by some sort of tuning woe that seemed to take ages for a few good tuners to overcome. Every month a new car will be featured for tuners to test their tuning abilities with. The challenge is to simply tune the car as best as you can and post the results here. This thread is not meant to be a tuning shootout. The tunes should be submitted with all parts listed, vehicle specs, PP and tire info, and all settings for all custom parts listed. I will leave it up to the individual tuner whether or not they want to tune the transmission, but it is highly recommended to complete a great setup for a difficult car. Also, it is up to the tuner what PP and tire compound they would like to use.

First up for February is the OPTION Stream Z.
IMG_0742.JPG

Even Option had a hard time tuning their own car, which unfortunately resulted in a crash at the Nevada Silver State Classic run.
1_1sVZ_59.jpg

@demonchilde and I began discussing this car and needless to say between the two of us found it to be more of a black sheep than in GT5 days. I am still polishing my tune for this point-'n'-shoot beast. I know it can be tuned as both demonchilde's suspension setup and my full tune nearly have this car competing at the 600pp level. So without further ado, let the tuning begin!

Tune Archive
Demonchilde
DolHaus
FuzzyFez
KOGSoldier
Praiano63
Ridox2JZGTE
XS

Reviews
Ridox2JZGTE's Option reviewed by DolHaus
Ridox2JZGTE's Option reviewed by XS
XS' Option reviewed by DolHaus
This is a great idea!! I am no tuner but I will be impressed if anyone can make the Audi Auto Union machine even drivable! I only have to look at the steering wheel and it is off the track - maybe it is my bad driving. Perhaps this car is famously bad as no one seems to be interested in it and I don't know as I have only been playing since GT5 prologue. :)

The thing I worry about with the open format is that when someone from outside or new to the community comes here looking for a tune for their favourite car they will be swamped with options and possibly discouraged. If their are 20 tunes for the same car from various tuners with various styles, how do they know where to start?
Maybe if the tuners could add a small review of the tune describing what it does well and where the compromises have been made?
I don't know, I'm just trying to make it accessible to people who may not understand tuning or what to look for in a setup.
As a driver not a tuner I agree with everything the OP and MCH say. I am a rookie but I don't think anyone will be overwhelmed with information and if they are - quality problem. Don't think they will be discouraged. I'm really for the original intent, which was I believe to blow the dust off cars which would otherwise remain in the 'too hard' basket - particularly for rank amateurs such as myself. Just my two bobs worth. :gtpflag:

Last edited:
Ok, with notes taken from the reviews of mine and others, I saw some things that worked and some that didn't work in combination with other things. So it's a crapshoot on some experimental things, depending on where you set other issues.
I've made some adjustments and I beat my times with the following set up. I think we're getting very close, but again, could just be my style also, lol.

600pp
Tires. RM/RH
Suspension;
64/67
17.25/16.60
5/5
6/6
4/5
0.0/0.0
-0.20/+0.03
Brakes 7/10
LSD= 9/19/27
Power limiter= 93.8
Low rpm turbo
150 downforce
60kg @ +50
Weight stage 3
Window weight reduce
Edit; please use abs=1 driving aid with this tune. Tyvm :)

Transmission, now, while I was testing, I didn't dive into this yet. All I did was use the auto set and turned it to 186mph.
Unless your on a top-speed track, that setting should be fine.

I'm happy with this set, like I said. I beat ALL my old times on ALL my old set ups,. . All 100 of them, lol.
I am hitting 01:19.302 on average at Apricot so far with this.

Last edited:
As a driver not a tuner I agree with everything the OP and MCH say. I am a rookie but I don't think anyone will be overwhelmed with information and if they are - quality problem. Don't think they will be discouraged. I'm really for the original intent, which was I believe to blow the dust off cars which would otherwise remain in the 'too hard' basket - particularly for rank amateurs such as myself. Just my two bobs worth. :gtpflag:
Fair enough, I think @XS has made it as user friendly as possible now, listing both tunes and reviews at the beginning of the post, makes it easy to find the right car for your style/ability

XS
I take it everybody is okay with the review idea using this format? I'm not going to require anyone to review everybody's tunes, but just be prepared to not have your tune reviewed in return. All tunes, unless plagiarized, will be included in the directory. I am about to write up RIDOX' review if nobody objects to the reviews idea.
Since the whole contest is sort of informal and "run what ya brung", why not just give reviewers a guideline to go by similar to what Praiano suggested, and then give the car a score out of 100 based on the criteria provided but without the complicated review being mandatory, more by overall feel and enjoyment? If reviewers want to do their own laptime testing by all means go ahead and if they want to use it as part of their judging criteria no problem. But if someone just wants to jump in each car and run laps that's okay too. The more complicated and daunting you make the review process in an informal competition, the less people and in turn cars you'll have reviewed.

Since the whole contest is sort of informal and "run what ya brung", why not just give reviewers a guideline to go by similar to what Praiano suggested, and then give the car a score out of 100 based on the criteria provided but without the complicated review being mandatory, more by overall feel and enjoyment? If reviewers want to do their own laptime testing by all means go ahead and if they want to use it as part of their judging criteria no problem. But if someone just wants to jump in each car and run laps that's okay too. The more complicated and daunting you make the review process in an informal competition, the less people and in turn cars you'll have reviewed.
Review them how ever you see fit, we removed the scoring part from Praiano's review sheet to get rid of the competition element. Apart from that it seems to work pretty well for giving a good overview of each car

That's sort of how it's set up. I removed the points value from my review and others followed suit. I honestly don't care what format reviewers post in, but Praiano's is a good standardized one so I suggested we use that. Reviews are not mandatory but I did mention tuners who do not review might get passed by - even though I'm going to try to review every tune no matter what.

Dolhaus review

Low speed corner
Entry =
stable. No complaints.
Apex= not hard to find and aim.
Exit= this needs work. When the LSD kicks in, it kicks in, throwing the ass end a bit.

Medium speed corner
Entry=
Stable. No complaints.
Apex= again, easy to find your shooting aim.
Exit= same as before. That kick is unforgiving. At medium speeds, you can try to use this to your advantage. But getting that exact direction after the slide is a gamble.

High speed corner
Entry=
decent turn in. Braking and decel seem to be spot-on for this power and weight.
Apex= no issues really. As long as you control your speed your golden.
Exit= this is where you need to concentrate your next round of fine tuning. At higher speeds, or punching it, your not going to be happy. The only way to come out of this, is to reduce speed a lot, and in doing so, this is where you lose the bulk of your lap time.

Final words
I like it overall. On a few issues, I liked it so much, I took notes :)
Don't look at the revue above as any form of attack. There's only 1 single issue I found, out of the fifty category's there could have been. And also, it could be my style of drive that's making this issue stand out. I was able to get decent lap times after attempting to meld my style with the cars abilitys. (01:23.450 apricot average) I think if you just visited your corner exits a bit, made a few tweeks, you would be golden. Just don't tweek anything that will change your entry or middle, because those are awesome where they are.

Edit;
Everyone else, is this pretty close, or correct as far as your review set up?
This is as close as I could get without making it too complicated to get 'to the point' quickly. I feel, when being reviewed, I would want three things. Good/bad, overall feel, and them to point where I need to concentrate my efforts. I feel I did this in this review?
Let me know

Last edited:
Dolhaus review

Low speed corner
Entry =
stable. No complaints.
Exit= this needs work. When the LSD kicks in, it kicks in, throwing the ass end a bit.

Medium speed corner
Entry=
Stable. No complaints.
Exit= same as before. That kick is unforgiving. At medium speeds, you can try to use this to your advantage. But getting that exact direction after the slide is a gamble.

High speed corner
Entry=
decent turn in. Braking and decel seem to be spot-on for this power and weight.
Apex= no issues really. As long as you control your speed your golden.
Exit= this is where you need to concentrate your next round of fine tuning. At higher speeds, or punching it, your not going to be happy. The only way to come out of this, is to reduce speed a lot, and in doing so, this is where you lose the bulk of your lap time.

Final words
I like it overall. On a few issues, I liked it so much, I took notes :)
Don't look at the revue above as any form of attack. There's only 1 single issue I found, out of the fifty category's there could have been. And also, it could be my style of drive that's making this issue stand out. I was able to get decent lap times after attempting to meld my style with the cars abilitys. (11:23.45 apricot average) I think if you just visited your corner exits a bit, made a few tweeks, you would be golden. Just don't tweek anything that will change your entry or middle, because those are awesome where they are.

Edit;
Everyone else, is this pretty close, or correct as far as your review set up?
This is as close as I could get without making it too complicated to get 'to the point' quickly. I feel, when being reviewed, I would want three things. Good/bad, overall feel, and them to point where I need to concentrate my efforts. I feel I did this in this review?
Let me know

Thank you for the review, glad you enjoyed parts of it. I will come back and have a look at this at some point but I do remember it kicking on exit if you weren't gentle with it. If you want to adapt any of my settings to your own setups then feel free, I'm not precious about my tunes, cut paste and edit as you feel appropriate.

I will try and get more testing done today, keep getting distracted by the seasonals. (Only have the Lancer Evo left to gold now, so that will be out of the way soon enough)

I'm not going to put any version of this car in my garage. I think if we find some good overall working ones, we could just link them to here. All my tunes for this, including the adjusted one I just posted this morning, are from suggestions and issues from my reviews, but also from suggestions and issues on everyone else's reviews also. I'm learning from everyone's set ups, trying to zero in on the perfect combo for certain things.
But because of this, I don't feel like I own the above tune. Nothing in my garage is influenced by other tunes, where this tune is highly influenced by others. And I'm very sure, even THAT tune is going to change some with the next round of reviews and with the next reviews I do personally.

Work in progress, is a good word.
I have a bit of free time today here and there, so I'll try to knock out at least two more reviews if I can.

FuzzyFez review

Low speed corner
Entry = stable. No complaints.
Exit= no issues.

Medium speed corner
Entry= Stable. No complaints.
Exit= as long as your not pushing harder then you should, it handles just fine.

High speed corner
Entry= decent turn in. If your coming from top speed, be careful not to do all your braking at once, ease into it, and it's fine.
Apex= no issues really. As long as you control your speed, great.
Exit= this is where if there was going to be an issue, it would light up. However, I repeat, as long as your not pushing harder then you should be, I don't see any issues here at all.

Final words
I like it overall. I'm very surprised to see the reaction of the body on all cornering with the weight balance stock. I've done plenty of testing stock weight, and I couldn't nail it. Maybe I need to revisit this.
Out of every car I've run so far, well, for 600ish PP, this is by far the best handling. I think you drive a lot like me, I say this because of how the car acts in certain situations is very similar to the effect I try to hit in my tunes. Because of this, I might be biased a little, lol.
If I was going to suggest 1 item for you to concentrate on, it would be the transmission. If I were you, leave everything as is, but buy the customize tranny, and start in fine tuning something for it. Other then that, I find nothing big enough to even mention.
Im very surprised this is the same car I've been working on for weeks, lol. Great job man.
(Best time on Apricot, 1:21.886)

FuzzyFez review

Low speed corner
Entry = stable. No complaints.
Exit= no issues.

Medium speed corner
Entry= Stable. No complaints.
Exit= as long as your not pushing harder then you should, it handles just fine.

High speed corner
Entry= decent turn in. If your coming from top speed, be careful not to do all your braking at once, ease into it, and it's fine.
Apex= no issues really. As long as you control your speed, great.
Exit= this is where if there was going to be an issue, it would light up. However, I repeat, as long as your not pushing harder then you should be, I don't see any issues here at all.

Final words
I like it overall. I'm very surprised to see the reaction of the body on all cornering with the weight balance stock. I've done plenty of testing stock weight, and I couldn't nail it. Maybe I need to revisit this.
Out of every car I've run so far, well, for 600ish PP, this is by far the best handling. I think you drive a lot like me, I say this because of how the car acts in certain situations is very similar to the effect I try to hit in my tunes. Because of this, I might be biased a little, lol.
If I was going to suggest 1 item for you to concentrate on, it would be the transmission. If I were you, leave everything as is, but buy the customize tranny, and start in fine tuning something for it. Other then that, I find nothing big enough to even mention.
Im very surprised this is the same car I've been working on for weeks, lol. Great job man.
(Best time on Apricot, 1:21.886)
Thanks alot man.

It's only the second or third time I've posted a tune, so it's nice to get good feedback.

I only left the transmission, because, in my testing on the Nordschleife, it didn't hinder the car, and let it stretch its legs on the faster sections.

Thanks again.

(I'll be reviewing all tunes this weekend)

Edit, sorry if I missed it, but wheel or pad?

Last edited:
KOGSoldier review

Low speed corner
Entry = stable.
Apex= stable.
Exit= decent out.

Medium speed corner
Entry= stable.
Apex= stable.
Exit= no issues griping for speed after corner at all.

High speed corner
Entry= need to watch the entry careful. Perfect entry will give great results, imperfect and it won't.
Apex= really have to maintain a perfect speed.
Exit= it can be hard at times to keep on a perfect track, however it is very quick to regain anything it lost.

Final words
Ok, this is a confusing review. I say this because, it's the fastest 600ish yet, but it is 610pp and that little bit difference is the key. The use of the medium turbo gives this an advantage. It is the fastest on Apricot so far (01:20.225) but it would be unfair to use that as a comparison to the others, as again. The PP is different. However, 1:20.225 is an excellent time for me, and I liked how the car regained any losses very quickly. The long corners, you have to be careful not to go in too fast OR too slow, both will give issues where you need to recover from. But as long as your on your game, that's not too,big of an issue.
If I was going to pinpoint any one thing to put attention to, it would be the pp limit actually, lol. A ton of races both in game and online in rooms, have limits of 600. And the next stage up is 650. This car as you have it will kill the 600's if it qualified, but it could not compete agienst the average 650pp racers. I would pick one, and go for fine tuning it into one of the two.
Either shoot for 650 races using the high rpm, or shoot for the 600 and shave a few points down.
Fun to drive. I enjoyed doing laps in this, I really did.

Edit, for everyone I review, an FYI, I use controller, and I only use whatever the build calls for as far as aids go. If you want me to use a specific aid, I will, just don't forget to put it in the tune.

Back