• Thread starter XS
  • 142 comments
Praiano review

Low speed corner
Entry = stable. No complaints.
Apex= not hard to find and aim.
Exit= excellent.

Medium speed corner
Entry= A little more loose then I like, but no tragic. Not hard to get down.
Apex= easy to find, and stable.
Exit= great grip on the exit.

High speed corner
Entry= had an issue once in awhile targeting the best path for entry.
Apex= no issues really.
Exit= great exit.

Final words
My best lap on Apricot was 01:26.10. (01:23.13 with RH tires by the way) again, you can't compare that time with other times, as this is 550pp and the others are way higher.
I did not find any real issues except the decel when higher speed is involved. And even then, it wasn't so bad as to not quickly adjust and go on with no issue. The only way I could see this slight effect as bad, is if you were racing others, and another car was right next to you. It might cause an issue. But finding the apex was no issue, and it has decent grip on exit. Very quick, especially for its pp limit.
Great job on the tune Praiano, well built.

@KOGsoldier

(ds3, ABS 1, Grand Valley 10 laps)

Low Speed Corner:
Entry:
Good turn in, feels sharp and accurate
Mid: Loses initial grip slightly if you're aggressive with it but completely manageable otherwise
Exit: The power come in really aggressively if you're not super gentle with the throttle, can snap into oversteer
Comments: I like the way this car feels in the slower bends, really nice turn in and mid corner balance but the power delivery causes the wheels to light up on exit undoing all the good work.

Mid Speed Corner:
Entry:
Clean, eager to turn in
Mid: Feels good as long as you manage your speed.
Exit: A touch of understeer as the speed/downforce builds, otherwise clean and easy
Comments: Again this car feels nice and balanced through the bends, very responsive without being twitchy. If you manage your speed throughout bends you will do fine but it gets harder the faster you go, develops a bit of understeer at the limit.

High Speed Corner
Entry:
Really doesn't want to turn in, feels really heavy
Mid: Doesn't hold speed well
Exit: Understeer
Comments: This is where the car really struggles, it just feels unwilling to turn above a certain speed. It lost a lot of time due to just having to go into faster corners far slower than usual and having to stay off the throttle.

Tune Comments: I enjoyed driving this car quite a bit, felt really nice and balanced through most bends. Felt really good on the brakes, stable while remaining responsive to turn in. I think the high downforce setting is what is holding the car back during fast corners, just feels to planted and won't turn. I understand that you drive with TC 1 and it shows slightly in low speed corner exit, it would work with TC but without it there's just no finesse to the power delivery. Playing around with the differential should sort that out pretty easily. Overall it felt pretty good, the car is 90% there, just needs a little polish to make it complete. It lapped very consistently and worked with my driving style, allowed me to push quite hard without having to fight it too much.

Good effort, the car is a completely different beast on Racing tires, feels like it could be fast if the diff and DF were given a looking at

@KOGsoldier

Low Speed Corner:
Entry:
Good turn in, feels sharp and accurate
Mid: Loses initial grip slightly if you're aggressive with it but completely manageable otherwise
Exit: The power come in really aggressively if you're not super gentle with the throttle, can snap into oversteer
Comments: I like the way this car feels in the slower bends, really nice turn in and mid corner balance but the power delivery causes the wheels to light up on exit undoing all the good work.

Mid Speed Corner:
Entry:
Clean, eager to turn in
Mid: Feels good as long as you manage your speed.
Exit: A touch of understeer as the speed/downforce builds, otherwise clean and easy
Comments: Again this car feels nice and balanced through the bends, very responsive without being twitchy. If you manage your speed throughout bends you will do fine but it gets harder the faster you go, develops a bit of understeer at the limit.

High Speed Corner
Entry:
Really doesn't want to turn in, feels really heavy
Mid: Doesn't hold speed well
Exit: Understeer
Comments: This is where the car really struggles, it just feels unwilling to turn above a certain speed. It lost a lot of time due to just having to go into faster corners far slower than usual and having to stay off the throttle.

Tune Comments: I enjoyed driving this car quite a bit, felt really nice and balanced through most bends. Felt really good on the brakes, stable while remaining responsive to turn in. I think the high downforce setting is what is holding the car back during fast corners, just feels to planted and won't turn. I understand that you drive with TC 1 and it shows slightly in low speed corner exit, it would work with TC but without it there's just no finesse to the power delivery. Playing around with the differential should sort that out pretty easily. Overall it felt pretty good, the car is 90% there, just needs a little polish to make it complete. It lapped very consistently and worked with my driving style, allowed me to push quite hard without having to fight it too much.

Good effort, the car is a completely different beast on Racing tires, feels like it could be fast if the diff and DF were given a looking at

Thanks for taking the time to review my set up...this has been fun so i am looking fwd to the next one but first gonna take your advice and fine tune this setup

Finally got a tune together! The difficulty I had initially driving this car was the lack of grip compared to the speed of the car, even with RS tyres. Once I adapted and figured out the braking points it was a lot nicer to drive stock. This car has virtually uncureable understeer at high speed due to the lack of any front downforce. I fixed this as best I could by reducing rear downforce as much as possible. Even with min rear downforce there is no problem with traction at downforce speeds.

Throwing as much ballast as possible in the back was a ploy to get as much traction as possible to make use of the monster power under the bonnet. This causes a bit of final oversteer in low speed corners but a small adjustments to the anti-roll bar had that under control. I wanted to tune just the worst of that issue away because of...

Mid-corner: The stock understeer in this situation was fixable just by biasing the anti-roll bars to the rear. There's still understeer but it's much better. Finally, I like a bit of lift-off oversteer so just did the usual trade-off between having that, and still being stable under braking.

It won't be the best tune in the world but I learned a lot from this car so it's all worthwhile. I'm going to give it a rest for the weekend but next week I'll start reviewing tunes. I'm really intrigued by some of the tunes put up so far!

Wheel / Joypad:
Fanatec CSR
Power: 823 BHP
Torque: 97 kgfm
Weight: 1,442 kg
Weight distribution: 46:54
Performance Points: 600
Tires: RS

Suspension: (Height-Adjustable, Fully-Customisable Suspension)

Ride Height: Front: 90 Rear: 90
Spring Rate: Front: 11.13 kgf/mm Rear: 13.06 kgf/mm
Dampers (Compression): Front: 2 Rear:2
Dampers (Extension): Front: 6 Rear: 6
Anti-Roll Bars: Front: 3 Rear: 6
Camber Angle (-): Front: 0.0° Rear: 0.0°
Toe Angle: Front: -0.20° Rear: 0.20°
Brakes: Racing Upgrade F: 4 R: 5

Drivetrain: (Fully Customisable Transmission)
Speed: 217 mph (standard)

1: 3.617
2: 2.511
3: 1.794
4: 1.262
5: 0.935
6: 0.733

Final: 3.000

Differential Gear: Fully Customisable Mechanical Limited-Slip Diff

Initial Torque: R= 5
Acceleration Sensitivity: R= 14
Braking Sensitivity: R= 12
Clutch & Flywheel: Standard
Propeller Shaft: Standard

Power

Oil Change:
No
Power Limiter: 98.9%
Engine Tuning: Standard
Computer: Standard
Exhaust: Race Exhaust
Exhaust Manifold: Standard
Catalytic Converter: Standard
Intake Tuning: Standard
Turbo Kit: Mid RPM
Nitrous Oxide (N2O):
No

Body

Body Rigidity Improvement: No
Weight Reduction: Stage 3
Bonnet: Standard
Windows: Weight Reduction
Ballast: 200kg
Ballast position: 50

Yeah, about that, lol.
Concerning the issue of driving aids, I had spoken about it briefly. This is what I said;
for everyone I review, an FYI, I use controller, and I only use whatever the build calls for as far as aids go. If you want me to use a specific aid, I will, just don't forget to put it in the tune.

That was MY plan, I obviously don't expect everyone to do that. As I am on just a ps3 controller, I'm going to use whatever aids are in the tune post, no extras, but whatever the tune wants, it gets.
However, because of the handling difference of the wheels, if I had one, I probably would NOT adhere to the aids of the tune, as it would throw everything way off drastically. But I don't have one, so it's not an issue. How do you wheel-owners usually handle this? Just curious.

Myself, I always use abs-1.
I use TC-1 on some tunes, but not unless I specifically state it in the tune. I'm curious, just HOW different is the wheel from the controller?

Oh, edit, attention everyone, lol.
Just an FYI, everyone should make sure, if you used "racing brakes upgrade" that your tune says so. There are tunes that don't mention this, and it is not a 'given', as some tunes just don't actually need it. If you tuned yours with it, make sure your tune says so. And I'm out, lol.

Last edited:
@FussyFez

Low Speed Corner:
Entry:
Good turn in, feels sharp and willing. Can get a bit frisky under heavy braking (cold tires can be lethal) but it does help get the nose pointed in the rest of the time.
Mid: Holds line well
Exit: Perfect amount of slip from the back end, enough to keep turning but not induce oversteer
Comments: Feels really good in slow corners, once you get used to the brakes it stops well but I don't know if I'd use them this way in a race due to their slightly unstable nature, but for hot laps they definitely help 90% of the time.

Mid Speed Corner:
Entry:
Tight and accurate, dives in well
Mid: Feels a touch heavy and stiff but not a problem
Exit: A little bit of understeer if you are pushing hard, but otherwise good
Comments: Feels fairly good, does feel heavy in medium speed corners though, the weight change is smooth but you need to choose your moment wisely otherwise it can understeer. Once you get used to it and alter your lines its pretty easy to deal with.

High Speed Corner
Entry:
Good turn in
Mid: Feels like the front end skips a bit and understeer develops as a result
Exit: Fine and stable if you manage your speed
Comments: Felt competent enough but you need to be accurate with your lines and speed otherwise understeer can build up. Little bit of skipping from the front end but that seems to be a characteristic of the car.

Tune Comments: This is without doubt the most consistent car I've tested, you could split my 10 lap times by less than 0.4 of a second. It felt good to drive, very user friendly and predictable. The diff felt perfect in my opinion, not the fastest out of the corners perhaps, but power delivery was so forgiving that you could just get on the gas that much earlier without it snatching at grip. I liked the brakes on all but the heaviest braking areas, the back end coming round really helped the nose get pointed into the bends but it could get a bit hairy trying to late brake from speed. The braking zone for the 1st corner at Grand Valley looked like they'd just finished filming an episode of Dukes Of Hazzard after a few laps lol

The car had a great feel to it, kept its character really well without being a hindrance. Great job mate

@FussyFez

Low Speed Corner:
Entry:
Good turn in, feels sharp and willing. Can get a bit frisky under heavy braking (cold tires can be lethal) but it does help get the nose pointed in the rest of the time.
Mid: Holds line well
Exit: Perfect amount of slip from the back end, enough to keep turning but not induce oversteer
Comments: Feels really good in slow corners, once you get used to the brakes it stops well but I don't know if I'd use them this way in a race due to their slightly unstable nature, but for hot laps they definitely help 90% of the time.

Mid Speed Corner:
Entry:
Tight and accurate, dives in well
Mid: Feels a touch heavy and stiff but not a problem
Exit: A little bit of understeer if you are pushing hard, but otherwise good
Comments: Feels fairly good, does feel heavy in medium speed corners though, the weight change is smooth but you need to choose your moment wisely otherwise it can understeer. Once you get used to it and alter your lines its pretty easy to deal with.

High Speed Corner
Entry:
Good turn in
Mid: Feels like the front end skips a bit and understeer develops as a result
Exit: Fine and stable if you manage your speed
Comments: Felt competent enough but you need to be accurate with your lines and speed otherwise understeer can build up. Little bit of skipping from the front end but that seems to be a characteristic of the car.

Tune Comments: This is without doubt the most consistent car I've tested, you could split my 10 lap times by less than 0.4 of a second. It felt good to drive, very user friendly and predictable. The diff felt perfect in my opinion, not the fastest out of the corners perhaps, but power delivery was so forgiving that you could just get on the gas that much earlier without it snatching at grip. I liked the brakes on all but the heaviest braking areas, the back end coming round really helped the nose get pointed into the bends but it could get a bit hairy trying to late brake from speed. The braking zone for the 1st corner at Grand Valley looked like they'd just finished filming an episode of Dukes Of Hazzard after a few laps lol

The car had a great feel to it, kept its character really well without being a hindrance. Great job mate

Thanks man.

You picked up on the one thing I wasn't happy with.

I have noticed I seem to be the only one with quite a stiff front end.

I think the car needs to have the weight kept on the rear, with too much forward weight transfer, it just overwhelms the front tyres, leading to the understeer nature.

I may have gone too hard with the front springs and front comp.

I'll try a slightly softer front end, maybe higher front ext, when I'm testing all the tunes either tomorrow or the next day.

Thanks man.

You picked up on the one thing I wasn't happy with.

I have noticed I seem to be the only one with quite a stiff front end.

I think the car needs to have the weight kept on the rear, with too much forward weight transfer, it just overwhelms the front tyres, leading to th
Maybe just drop the spring rates a little at the front, I don't think the dampers are to blame. Its only noticeable when you're pushing so I'd guess you were with 1kg of where it needs to be

Maybe just drop the spring rates a little at the front, I don't think the dampers are to blame. Its only noticeable when you're pushing so I'd guess you were with 1kg of where it needs to be
I know what he's talking about (I think) and I agree. I wouldn't adjust the dampers on that.

@demonchilde

Low Speed Corner:
Entry:
Good, eager turn it but the rear brakes are too biased leading to the back stepping out excessively under heavy braking
Mid: Holds line well but feels a little unstable at the rear
Exit: Really difficult to get the power down smoothly, snaps into oversteer very easily.
Comments: The front end feels really good but its a tricky beast coming out of the bends it needs to be handled extremely carefully otherwise it snaps into dramatic oversteer

Mid Speed Corner:
Entry:
Good entry, maybe a touch of understeer at the very limit but not a concern
Mid: It can be lethal, feels like its on a knife edge where weight transfer is involved
Exit: Oversteers under acceleration, but is more manageable if treated gently
Comments: Again the front end feels good but the rear is unstable and difficult

High Speed Corner
Entry:
Relatively light and easy to turn in
Mid: Fairly pleasant, still feels a touch unstable
Exit: Manages to oversteer on throttle again somehow, feels a little bit like a fast drift tune
Comments: Feels pretty good through faster bends, turns in nicely and manages to keep the turned nose in. Still feels a little bit uncertain at the back end, makes it hard to push because the rear can be a little unpredictable, gripping and letting go constantly.

Tune Comments: A tale of two cars really. Was very fast but not the easiest car to drive hard. The front end feels just about perfect but the rear feels really unpredictable and odd. Sometimes the rear seems to suffer with weight transfer issues and becomes really twitchy, sometimes it feels like its too stiff for the tyres, hard to put my finger on what's wrong there. This makes it hard to push because you can never be sure how much grip you've got at any given moment. The Diff needs softening a bit as well in my opinion, the power just comes on in one go and makes the rear snap viciously making it hard to get out of corners cleanly.

Overall I enjoyed the car through the entry of corners but feared trying to get out the other side. It seemed to have a split personality, sometimes pleasant and encouraging, sometimes wild and unpredictable. I'm sure its fast but its really hard work to drive effectively, getting round a lap quickly is as much down to luck as it is judgement

@donpost

Low Speed Corner:
Entry:
Grippy but imprecise
Mid: Holds line but feels unstable
Exit: Exits well if you can get it pointing in the right direction
Comments: Has tons of grip but suffers badly from weight transfer problems, wobbles around a fair bit.

Mid Speed Corner:
Entry:
Grips well but hard to find a line
Mid: Always a gamble, sometimes it sticks, sometimes it slides
Exit: No problems if you are careful, can get tricky though
Comments: Loads of grip available but again the wobbling makes it hard to work with

High Speed Corner
Entry:
No real complaints, touch of understeer perhaps
Mid: No problems if you don't put too much load on the suspension, otherwise can be a bit unstable
Exit: No trouble, drama free mostly
Comments: Feels fine through the faster bends as long as you don't go in too fast and try to carry the speed. If the weight starts moving about the car can lose grip but if you're smooth with it there are no unexpected issues.

Tune Comments: This car has a ton of grip but its so unpredictable that the grip goes to waste. You never hit the same line twice going through the bends because the car is constantly moving around, never feels settled or secure. It seems to have massive weight transfer issues, it just keeps swaying from side to side constantly and can go from fine to crashed with little or no warning.

Its kind of fun to try and drive, feels sort of like a stock Lancia Stratos. Unfortunately it shares the same problem and just feels unruly and like its constantly trying to spit you into the gravel.

Interesting effort, but I think the overall setup is far too soft for the tyres.

@demonchilde

Low Speed Corner:
Entry:
Good, eager turn it but the rear brakes are too biased leading to the back stepping out excessively under heavy braking
Mid: Holds line well but feels a little unstable at the rear
Exit: Really difficult to get the power down smoothly, snaps into oversteer very easily.
Comments: The front end feels really good but its a tricky beast coming out of the bends it needs to be handled extremely carefully otherwise it snaps into dramatic oversteer

Mid Speed Corner:
Entry:
Good entry, maybe a touch of understeer at the very limit but not a concern
Mid: It can be lethal, feels like its on a knife edge where weight transfer is involved
Exit: Oversteers under acceleration, but is more manageable if treated gently
Comments: Again the front end feels good but the rear is unstable and difficult

High Speed Corner
Entry:
Relatively light and easy to turn in
Mid: Fairly pleasant, still feels a touch unstable
Exit: Manages to oversteer on throttle again somehow, feels a little bit like a fast drift tune
Comments: Feels pretty good through faster bends, turns in nicely and manages to keep the turned nose in. Still feels a little bit uncertain at the back end, makes it hard to push because the rear can be a little unpredictable, gripping and letting go constantly.

Tune Comments: A tale of two cars really. Was very fast but not the easiest car to drive hard. The front end feels just about perfect but the rear feels really unpredictable and odd. Sometimes the rear seems to suffer with weight transfer issues and becomes really twitchy, sometimes it feels like its too stiff for the tyres, hard to put my finger on what's wrong there. This makes it hard to push because you can never be sure how much grip you've got at any given moment. The Diff needs softening a bit as well in my opinion, the power just comes on in one go and makes the rear snap viciously making it hard to get out of corners cleanly.

Overall I enjoyed the car through the entry of corners but feared trying to get out the other side. It seemed to have a split personality, sometimes pleasant and encouraging, sometimes wild and unpredictable. I'm sure its fast but its really hard work to drive effectively, getting round a lap quickly is as much down to luck as it is judgement
Yup, pretty much where I'm at, lol. Every little tweek makes something else off. Try to fix it, and you undue your original tweek. Try to stabilize the front, and the rear either works great at slow speeds, and crappy in fast, or vice versa. Stabilize the back, and boom, back to understeer city again.
Most of my changes involved the front, so I kind of expected to hear something about rear, lol. There is a perfect balance out there, I hope. Can't stiffen the springs in the back up to stabilize it, they are already pretty stiff. Loosen them and that wild feeling gets out of control, lol. Because of this, I'm leaning to center the rear springs, and concentrate elsewhere on tweeking. Now that my front is semi-stable, maybe I'll change the brake balance to 7/5 or something like that.
I'm not 100% on where to center my attention next.
I still am in the middle of a few car tunes other then this, so my time is devided. Right now I'm having a devil of a time on an online-creeper, but if I nail it, I will definatly bring it to you guys for discussion. Has a lot of similar issues, but is 200 kg lighter, and a ton more powerful. But it looks like an average 500pp s***box, lol. Anyway, more on that later.
Thanks a ton for the review, at this point in the process, it's very important to hear the good, over the bad. I thank you for that. I KNOW where the bad is, lol, where the good is on different driving styles, was the question.
Great review man, gives me lots of ideas.

@donpost

Low Speed Corner:
Entry:
Grippy but imprecise
Mid: Holds line but feels unstable
Exit: Exits well if you can get it pointing in the right direction
Comments: Has tons of grip but suffers badly from weight transfer problems, wobbles around a fair bit.

Mid Speed Corner:
Entry:
Grips well but hard to find a line
Mid: Always a gamble, sometimes it sticks, sometimes it slides
Exit: No problems if you are careful, can get tricky though
Comments: Loads of grip available but again the wobbling makes it hard to work with

High Speed Corner
Entry:
No real complaints, touch of understeer perhaps
Mid: No problems if you don't put too much load on the suspension, otherwise can be a bit unstable
Exit: No trouble, drama free mostly
Comments: Feels fine through the faster bends as long as you don't go in too fast and try to carry the speed. If the weight starts moving about the car can lose grip but if you're smooth with it there are no unexpected issues.

Tune Comments: This car has a ton of grip but its so unpredictable that the grip goes to waste. You never hit the same line twice going through the bends because the car is constantly moving around, never feels settled or secure. It seems to have massive weight transfer issues, it just keeps swaying from side to side constantly and can go from fine to crashed with little or no warning.

Its kind of fun to try and drive, feels sort of like a stock Lancia Stratos. Unfortunately it shares the same problem and just feels unruly and like its constantly trying to spit you into the gravel.

Interesting effort, but I think the overall setup is far too soft for the tyres.

Thanks for the feedback! Just so I'm understanding this right, the main issue is the softness of the springs is causing the body to not "settle" quick enough hence unexpected weight transfers as it wobbles around? Do you recommend stiffer setups when using grippier tyres in general? It should be an easy adjustment for me to factor in to future tunes.

Thanks for the feedback! Just so I'm understanding this right, the main issue is the softness of the springs is causing the body to not "settle" quick enough hence unexpected weight transfers as it wobbles around? Do you recommend stiffer setups when using grippier tyres in general? It should be an easy adjustment for me to factor in to future tunes.
Yes exactly, with super sticky tires you can eliminate as much body roll as possible and keep the car fairly rigid. Otherwise the wheels grip in the bends but the body want to keep going in the opposite direction constantly causing it to flop about

Got to release a tune soon too. 600PP limit was fine on default tires, not only fine but saved that car : turbo 1 + limiter. Also I found her better with comp>ext than the opposite. Flat brake distribution is good too.

Still tuning this and that (need to find the correct accel because it acts strange : inside lock power oversteer... It's usually understeer but I put the initial higher than accel so maybe that's it) and will give the car tonigth I think.

The power curve of this car is not very good, no wonder she's not a premium car I guess.

Got to release a tune soon too. 600PP limit was fine on default tires, not only fine but saved that car : turbo 1 + limiter. Also I found her better with comp>ext than the opposite. Flat brake distribution is good too.

Still tuning this and that (need to find the correct accel because it acts strange : inside lock power oversteer... It's usually understeer but I put the initial higher than accel so maybe that's it) and will give the car tonigth I think.

The power curve of this car is not very good, no wonder she's not a premium car I guess.
I'd recommend the mid range turbo, it feels much less savage in power delivery.

I'd recommend the mid range turbo, it feels much less savage in power delivery.
I tried all then I used T1. Reasons were :
- less torque of all turbo
- little less turbo lag
- raise power in low rpm

I could have tried without a turbo, but I don't think the car goes in 600PP.

As said by Praiano, the main problem with the car is really not her handling, it's really fine. The problem to me is the strange power curve at corner exit:
"- (low rpm) come on, go on, move your...
- bbbb bb bb vvvvZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZTTT !
- damn it, too strong, oversteered."

Look at the curve, it's really low at low rpm and really high at high rpm, the car doesn't do anything then go savage (the word you used is 100% correct) on top of the curve with very violent torque changes that'll make your tires slip.

So, I wanted to remove some difference between the low rpm and high rpm.
So, low rpm boost = turbo 1, high rpm nerf = power limiter.

I won't post her until tonigth, but the 1.05 may change that plan.
(ok... bad excuse, real excuse is I play a new game :P)

PS - new discovery, it seems all the cars have 100 liters of fuel ? or is it a % refuelling in pits ? I used real car's stats but I didn't find for that car so I pit her : 100 "liters"... That's strange guys. The Viper GTS have 70 liters irl and 100 liters in game.

Last edited:
I tried all then I used T1. Reasons were :
- less torque of all turbo
- little less turbo lag
- raise power in low rpm

I could have tried without a turbo, but I don't think the car goes in 600PP.

As said by Praiano, the main problem with the car is really not her handling, it's really fine. The problem to me is the strange power curve at corner exit:
"- (low rpm) come on, go on, move your...
- bbbb bb bb vvvvZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZTTT !
- damn it, too strong, oversteered."

Look at the curve, it's really low at low rpm and really high at high rpm, the car doesn't do anything then go savage (the word you used is 100% correct) on top of the curve with very violent torque changes that'll make your tires slip.

So, I wanted to remove some difference between the low rpm and high rpm.
So, low rpm boost = turbo 1, high rpm nerf = power limiter.

I won't post her until tonigth, but the 1.05 may change that plan.
(ok... bad excuse, real excuse is I play a new game :P)

PS - new discovery, it seems all the cars have 100 liters of fuel ? or is it a % refuelling in pits ? I used real car's stats but I didn't find for that car so I pit her : 100 "liters"... That's strange guys. The Viper GTS have 70 liters irl and 100 liters in game.
I found that the Mid RPM turbo gives the most progressive power delivery out of slower corners, the Low RPM kicks in too hard at low speeds, it puts all the power right where you don't want it and makes the car difficult to drive out of slow corners. With the Mid RPM turbo the power comes in a little later and is less likely to bite while you still have steering lock applied, makes it easier to get on the power out of the bends without having to fight the power all the time

I try to ensure the torque curve is always either flat or decreasing in the usuable rev range of the car (so in this case 5,500rpm - redline) by choosing the correct turbo/power limiting. That way you know you won't get any nasty torquey suprises.

I must apologise for not testing yet. I will be doing all the tunes soon. I'm on a training course at the moment, so gaming time is cut down. Well definately do them before the end of the month though.

@DolHaus OPTION Review

Reviewer Info

Controller: DS3
Track used for testing: Brands Hatch GP and Mt. Panorama
Number of laps completed: 6 each, then completed a few career races with the car.
Tire compound used: Sports Soft (within the limits of the tune)

Test Drive Overall Result: A decent all around tune good for online or career mode events.

Low Speed Corner
Entry: Feels weird on turn in, like you just can't quite get it to turn in, but rear rotates enough to nail the apex?
Mid: Speed decent, not the fastest but certainly far from slow, no oversteer, slight understeer when pushed hard.
Exit: Must have good trigger finger on DS3 with this tune. The LSD is much higher than I am used to, therefore the car can be very fast on corner exit but there's a fine line between very fast and snap oversteer from the turbo.
Comments: Out of the three corners, slow, mid, and high speed, this car dislikes slow corners the most. It will turn in, but you have to let it. Corner exit is difficult if your not used to a sensitive LSD. Can negotiate low speed corners quickly in more capable hands than mine. Regardless is enjoyable in slow speed corners. Is also fun to stab the throttle and show off a nice exit drift.

Mid Speed Corner
Entry: Neutral in, neutral handling, cannot upset the car if you tried, very safe.
Mid: Neutral handling, can be pushed but not too hard, apex easy to hit and line through corner sort of falls into place, very safe.
Exit: Neutral handling, very touchy throttle-on. Easy to show off a nice drift on exit. Although it is not too hard to keep the car stable on exit, just don't let your guard down.
Comments: Does exactly what you want it to do. It almost feels like it was tuned for a beginner to GT6 to be able to use easily, which is good thing with this particular car! Just remember the turbo lag when exiting the mid speed corner and you'll be fine.

High Speed Corner
Entry: fast in, neutral handling, very easy to negotiate the entire corner.
Mid: Neutral handling, easy to control through your line.
Exit: Neutral handling, zero drama, easier throttle-on exit, can produce nice high speed drift if one feels like it. Early throttle on is also possible with little drama.
Comments: Safe and easy to negotiate high speeds easily

Tune Comments
The tune is very safe except for throttle control, which can be difficult to those used to safer LSDs. Low speed corners can be taken at a decent speed but there may be room to eek out a few mph by tweaking the tune. Remarkably for the OPTION, the car feels natural and at ease! Overall it is a good tune for either online or career mode usage. A very capable car in the 600pp range which can handle a variety of challenges.

XS
@DolHaus OPTION Review

Reviewer Info

Controller: DS3
Track used for testing: Brands Hatch GP and Mt. Panorama
Number of laps completed: 6 each, then completed a few career races with the car.
Tire compound used: Sports Soft (within the limits of the tune)

Test Drive Overall Result: A decent all around tune good for online or career mode events.

Low Speed Corner
Entry: Feels weird on turn in, like you just can't quite get it to turn in, but rear rotates enough to nail the apex?
Mid: Speed decent, not the fastest but certainly far from slow, no oversteer, slight understeer when pushed hard.
Exit: Must have good trigger finger on DS3 with this tune. The LSD is much higher than I am used to, therefore the car can be very fast on corner exit but there's a fine line between very fast and snap oversteer from the turbo.
Comments: Out of the three corners, slow, mid, and high speed, this car dislikes slow corners the most. It will turn in, but you have to let it. Corner exit is difficult if your not used to a sensitive LSD. Can negotiate low speed corners quickly in more capable hands than mine. Regardless is enjoyable in slow speed corners. Is also fun to stab the throttle and show off a nice exit drift.

Mid Speed Corner
Entry: Neutral in, neutral handling, cannot upset the car if you tried, very safe.
Mid: Neutral handling, can be pushed but not too hard, apex easy to hit and line through corner sort of falls into place, very safe.
Exit: Neutral handling, very touchy throttle-on. Easy to show off a nice drift on exit. Although it is not too hard to keep the car stable on exit, just don't let your guard down.
Comments: Does exactly what you want it to do. It almost feels like it was tuned for a beginner to GT6 to be able to use easily, which is good thing with this particular car! Just remember the turbo lag when exiting the mid speed corner and you'll be fine.

High Speed Corner
Entry: fast in, neutral handling, very easy to negotiate the entire corner.
Mid: Neutral handling, easy to control through your line.
Exit: Neutral handling, zero drama, easier throttle-on exit, can produce nice high speed drift if one feels like it. Early throttle on is also possible with little drama.
Comments: Safe and easy to negotiate high speeds easily

Tune Comments
The tune is very safe except for throttle control, which can be difficult to those used to safer LSDs. Low speed corners can be taken at a decent speed but there may be room to eek out a few mph by tweaking the tune. Remarkably for the OPTION, the car feels natural and at ease! Overall it is a good tune for either online or career mode usage. A very capable car in the 600pp range which can handle a variety of challenges.

Thank you for taking the time to test, very honest and clear, fits with how I remember the car. I really should take a look at the LSD settings at some point, I do have a habit of making the diff more and more aggressive the longer I spend tuning a car, need to keep an eye on that.

How much do I love the OPTION... Let me tell ya...

For myself, and as my home state is Nevada where the Nevada Silver State Classic was run specifically referring to years 2003 and 2004, I can assure that the car operates as intended and for which it was designed to run specifically in the Nevada race at that time. Being that it operated in my home state it is one of my all time favorites. It bothers me when some call it a drag car which it is not and in fact in 2004 the testing was done at Motegi for the race. Most know of the crash in 2003 which was not the 2004 car although similar. The 2004 car ran perfectly and placed accordingly in 2004. I offer these links of the real car as to back up some facts which are of the 2003 and 2004 years...

I actually have a YouTube video posted of my GT4 casual tour lap at the Motegi Twin Ring Road Course...

In this video I take my favorite type tuner car the Nissan OPTION Stream Z '04 for a single lap practice and photo tour at Motegi's Twin Ring Road Course. Some notable history of this car where many don't know this fact, just prior to the 2004 Nevada Silver State Classic Road Race entry this particular 2004 car was actually tested at the Motegi Twin Ring Road Course which can be evidenced by one of the links below. Further links below show the 2003 previous year famous crash that took center stage with the 2003 prior car being completely destroyed. My single lap time around Motegi Twin Ring Road Course was 2.08.001.

Heck, I even have a very rare Diecast of the 2004 car, a very rare old school VCR tape, a OPTION magazine feature, and a GT 4-5-6 photo portfolio...

Nissan OPTION Stream Z-Hotworks Limited Edition 1.24 Replica 1.jpg
Nissan OPTION Stream Z '04-At Beacon Hill.JPG
Nissan OPTION Stream Z '04-At Brooklyn.JPG
Nissan OPTION Stream Z '04-At Fish Market.JPG
Nissan OPTION Stream Z '04-At Gion.JPG
Nissan OPTION Stream Z '04-At Grand Canyon.JPG
Nissan OPTION Stream Z '04-At Las Vegas.JPG
Nissan OPTION Stream Z '04-At Marunouchi.JPG
Nissan OPTION Stream Z '04-At Nanzenji.JPG
Nissan OPTION Stream Z '04-At Piazza San Marco.JPG
Nissan OPTION Stream Z '04-At Ponte Di Rialto.JPG
Nissan OPTION Stream Z '04-At Sagano.JPG
Nissan OPTION Stream Z '04-At Shibuya.JPG
Nissan OPTION Stream Z '04-At Togakushi Kogen.JPG
Nissan OPTION Stream Z '04-At Times Square.JPG
Nissan OPTION Stream Z '04-At Tsumago.JPG
Nissan OPTION Stream Z '04-At Las Vegas Drag Strip.JPG
Nissan OPTION Stream Z '04-Real Car 1.jpg
Nissan OPTION Stream Z '04-Real Car 2.jpg
Nissan OPTION Stream Z '04-Real Car 3.jpg
Nissan OPTION Stream Z '04-Real Car 4.jpg
Nissan OPTION Stream Z '04-Real Car 5.jpg
Nissan OPTION Stream Z '04-Real Car 6.jpg
Nissan OPTION Stream Z '04-Real Car Engine 7.jpg
Nissan OPTION Stream Z '04-Real Car Engine 8.jpg
Nissan OPTION Stream Z '04-Real Car Engine With Turbo 9.jpg
Nissan OPTION Stream Z '04-Real Car Rims And Brakes 10.jpg
Nissan OPTION Stream Z '04-Real Car With Parachute 11.jpg
Nissan OPTION Stream Z '04-Real Car At Silver State Classic In Nevada 12.jpg
Nissan OPTION Stream Z '04-Real Car At Silver State Classic In Nevada 13.jpg
Nissan OPTION Stream Z '04-Real Car With Driver At Silver State Classic In Nevada 14.JPG
Nissan OPTION Stream Z '04-At Silver State Classic In Nevada With Option Magazine Info 1.jpg
Nissan OPTION Stream Z '04-At Silver State Classic In Nevada With Option Magazine Info 2.jpg
Nissan OPTION Stream Z '04-DVD OPTION Magazine Special Edition.JPG
Nissan OPTION Stream Z Exterior-Pre 2003 Crash At Silver State Classic In Nevada 1.jpg
Nissan OPTION Stream Z Controls-Pre 2003 Crash At Silver State Classic In Nevada 2.jpg
Nissan OPTION Stream Z Interior-Pre 2003 Crash At Silver State Classic In Nevada 3.jpg
Nissan OPTION Stream Z Engine-Pre 2003 Crash At Silver State Classic In Nevada 4.jpg
Nissan OPTION Stream Z Exterior-Post 2003 Crash At Silver State Classic In Nevada 1.jpg
Nissan OPTION Stream Z Salvaged-Post 2003 Crash At Silver State Classic In Nevada 2.jpg
Nissan OPTION Stream Z Salvaged-Post 2003 Crash At Silver State Classic In Nevada 3.jpg
Nissan OPTION Stream Z Salvaged-Post 2003 Crash At Silver State Classic In Nevada 4.jpg
Nissan OPTION Stream Z '04-GT4 Tuning Car Grand Prix Prize Car.jpg

Gran Turismo Motegi Twin Ring Road Course...

Nissan OPTION Stream Z '04 Stock-At Road Course Twin Ring Motegi 1.jpg
Nissan OPTION Stream Z '04 Stock-At Road Course Twin Ring Motegi 2.jpg
Nissan OPTION Stream Z '04 Stock-At Road Course Twin Ring Motegi 3.jpg
Nissan OPTION Stream Z '04 Stock-At Road Course Twin Ring Motegi 4.jpg
Nissan OPTION Stream Z '04 Stock-At Road Course Twin Ring Motegi 5.jpg
Nissan OPTION Stream Z '04 Stock-At Road Course Twin Ring Motegi 6.jpg
Nissan OPTION Stream Z '04 Stock-At Road Course Twin Ring Motegi 7.jpg
Nissan OPTION Stream Z '04 Stock-At Road Course Twin Ring Motegi 8.jpg
Nissan OPTION Stream Z '04 Stock-At Road Course Twin Ring Motegi 9.jpg
Nissan OPTION Stream Z '04 Stock-At Road Course Twin Ring Motegi 10.jpg
Nissan OPTION Stream Z '04 Stock-At Road Course Twin Ring Motegi 11.jpg
Nissan OPTION Stream Z '04 Stock-At Road Course Twin Ring Motegi 12.jpg

Yup...In defense... I surely love my OPTION !

Last edited:
Back