Difficult Car Spotlight - Oullim Motors Spirra

• Thread starter XS
  • 103 comments

XS

Lurker
Premium
United States
Colorado
The Oullim Motors Spirra - a car that has been driving tuners crazy since GT4 due to it's unpredictable snap-oversteer. In GT4 and GT5 the snap oversteer occurred sporadically and unpredictably. However, it is a tad bit tamer in GT6 as most of the snap oversteer is limited to throttle lift-off. I tried to give this car a go last night and only found ballast helpful in curing 80 percent of the oversteer. I look forward to some brilliant tunes to tame what can be a blisteringly fast car!

oullim_spirra_2010_red.jpg

History and Background:
In the mid 1990s Han-chul Kim, a designer at Ssangyong Motors, envisioned a Korean exotic sports car, a sight the world had never seen. Together with his wife he set out to build his vision, a car capable of competing with the world's best supercars of the era. He started out with an all-aluminum tubular sub-frame, to which he built upon an aluminum and carbon fiber body and added American power via the SVT Cobra 4.6L V8. The public first saw the prototype in 2000 at the Seoul Motor Show, however it was another four years later before the world saw a production-ready Spirra at the Beijing Motor Show. The prototype was more markedly different underneath the skin, with Kim changing the sub-frame to a complex aluminum and carbon-fiber piece. Legend has it that Kim managed to build several copies, their whereabouts unknown to this day, before funds dried up and the project seemingly died. For several years Kim struggled to find financiers willing to back his project, until meeting Dong-hyuk Park, the head of the Oullim Network conglomerate. Park, an automotive enthusiast himself wasted no time in acquiring Proto Motors, Kim's company the Spirra was based under, and began production using a Hyundai V6 and an all carbon fiber body. Delivery of the first models took place in 2011, and continue to this day.

2003%20Protomotors%20Spirra_5.jpg

Cool, I`m in on this one, I have already done one but I will make a new one just for this. Is there going to be any restrictions, tire types, tracks, stoppies, wheelies or anything in particular or do we do what we want. Keep me posted please, thanks. (I'll need some time to do this, how much will we be allowed, 2 months?).

Technically you can take as long as you want, but I'm going to put up another difficult car on May 1st. You can do any type of tune you want, but the overall goal is to make the car enjoyable, and the general consensus is that the oversteer ruins all the fun. The car turns-in very nice but the snap oversteer is quite unpredictable, and annoying.

Looking forward to this. It can be very fast and it will be good to see some stable setups, and if it can be made competitive at a pp level 👍

13596035675_ed616d8062_c.jpg

Oullim Motors Spirra Prototype '04 - 80,000

Oil Change - 250
Improve Body Rigidity - 20,000
Tires: Sports Soft - 9,500
Height-Adjustable, Fully Customizable Suspension - 18,500
Racing Brakes - 8,500
Fully Customizable Dog-Clutch Transmission - 19,000
Twin-Plate Clutch Kit - 3,200
Fully Customizable Mechanical Limited Slip Differential - 7,250
Engine: Stage 1 - 4,750
Sports Computer - 1,750
Intake Tuning - 4,600
Semi-Racing Exhaust - 7,250
Isometric Exhaust Manifold - 3,200
Catalytic Converter: Sports - 1,500
Weight Reduction: Stage 1 - 4,700

Total Investment - 193,950

PP: 540
459 HP @ 6700 RPM
405LB-FT @ 4700 RPM
1120 KG
2.44 KG/HP
Weight Distribution: 44/56

Quick Tune Settings (v4.2):

Suspension Level: 3
Corner Entry Balance: -2
Corner Exit Balance: -3
Base Camber Angle: 0.0
LSD Strength: 2
Spread: 100.0%
Scale: 100.0%

Ride Height: 107 / 130
Spring Rate: 8.97 / 10.86
Dampers (Compression): 7 / 7
Dampers (Extension): 6 / 8
Anti-Roll Bars: 5 / 3
Camber Angle: 0.0 / 0.0
Toe Angle: 0.13 / 0.64
Brake Balance: 8 / 2

Transmission Instructions:

Set Final Gear to 3.439
Set Max Speed to 199 MPH (320 KPH)

1st Gear: 3.324
2nd Gear: 2.241
3rd Gear: 1.655
4th Gear: 1.270
5th Gear: 1.000
6th Gear: 0.805
Final Gear: 3.140

Initial Torque: - / 16
Acceleration Sensitivity: - / 24
Braking Sensitivity: - / 24

ABS 1, all other aids off.

I didn't think this car was quite as difficult as the Stratos (possibly because it's not on bicycle tires), but it's still a handful. Feels pretty good on entry now but it can still be a bit snappy on exit. First attempt at the Nordschlife resulted in a 7.22, although I think that can be cleaned up some.

Well I also tried the stock car and I didn't think it was so bad :lol:. It's nothing like the shocker it was in GT5 - you couldn't get round a corner. OK, you can't be so fast because you are constantly correcting the backend, but the point is that I COULD correct it without too much drama.

5 (careful) laps of Trial mountain yielded a 1:40.02x with a 6th lap spin as I got confident. I actually found it quite fun, but I think it still it might be tricky to make pp contender.

Last edited:
- Oullin Motors Spirra Prototype '04 sports:soft / 530 PP

- TUNING SHOP
. Wheels (inch Up 2 / ENKEI RP03)
. Paint Body ( Azzurro )
. Paint Wheels ( Ultimate Black Metallic )

. TIRES ( sports: soft )
. Suspension kit
. Brake Kits
. Transmission ( fully customizable dog-clutch transmission )
. Triple-plate clutch kit
. fully customizable mechanical limited slip differential
. Racing Exhaust
. SUPERCHARGER
. Weight Redution ( stage 3 )

- CURRENT SPECS

. Displacement = 4,601 cc
. MAX. POWER = 399 HP /6,300 rpm
. MAX. TORQUE= 412,1 ft-lb / 4,300 rpm
. Drivetrain = MR
. weight = 1,050
. Power-to weight ratio = 2,63 Kg / HP
. Front / Rear Weight Distribution = 45 : 55

- SUSPENSIOM ------------------------------ BRAKE DISCS & CALIPERS

. 127 (F) ride height (R) 167 ---------------- 6 (F) / (R) 7
. 8,48 (F) spring rate (R) 11,53
. 5 (F) Dampers (Comp:) (R) 5
. 7 (F) Dampers (Ext:) (R) 8
. 4 (F) Anti-roll bars (R) 5

. CAMBER ANGLE (-)
. 0,0 (F) / (R) 0,0

. TOE ANGLE
. 0,08 (F) / (R) 0,32

- TRANSMISSION
. 310 Km/h
. Final Gear = 3,340

. 1ª 2,937
. 2ª 2,035
. 3ª 1,546
. 4ª 1,225
. 5ª 1,000
. 6ª 0,807

- LSD
. 00 / 09
. 00 / 11
. 00 / 10
- POWER LIMITER 100,0%

. BALLAST WEIGHT = 26 Kg
. BALLAST POSITION = -50,0%

.note : Nordschlife circuit always use for any car, as I said a bit of drift controlled to make up a try after some tweaking 1:17 my time and not oppositelock stratos any better. *** with gross error, but I believe that time can be at 6:59. ***** on the 2nd attempt.:cheers::gtpflag:👍

Last edited:
This car is growing on me. I made a quick 500pp/SH setup and a few laps of TM gave a 1:34.2xx; still a bit skittish but a fun drive, and I might even post it after a couple of tweaks (nobody has been subjected to one of my tunes before :dopey:). I was looking to attempt a race setup too, but we are no longer allowed to install a giant rear wing 👎:lol:.

Due to time constraints, I'm not sure how many tunes I will get to try so I may have to just pick a couple 👍.

Yeah I was quite disappointed that we couldn't install the rear wing anymore. Really stupid, especially considering there are a few pictures on the net of Spirras with aftermarket wings installed. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Oullim Motors Spirra Prototype '04

550PP
473 BHP
Weight 1100kgs
Weight Distribution 47:53

Sports Soft Tyres

Inch Up: 1 Wheels
DO NOT Change Oil

FC Suspension
F/R
125/150
7.00/11.50
5/3
5/5
4/4
0.0/0.0
-0.08/0.16

Racing Brake Kit
8/5

FC Transmission
Set final gear to 4.500
Set max speed to 124mph
1st 2.895
2nd 2.253
3rd 1.772
4th 1.448
5th 1.224
6th 1.062
Set final gear to 2.810

FC LSD
10/12/30
Triple Plate Clutch
Set power limiter to 96.7%
Engine Tuning Stage 1
Sports Computer
Sports Exhaust
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter Sports
Intake Tuning
Supercharger

Weight Reduction Stage 3

Ballast - Set 76kgs to Position -50

Tuned with TCS 1 and ABS 1 only.

This car has loads of grip, the rear end will slide a little but very easy to control. You can push it a lot more than you would think before the back end will start to slide.

Oullim04.jpg
Oullim04img2.jpg

Last edited:
oullimGemasolar_1.jpg
Haus of Flying Daggers

Car:
Oullim Motors Spirra Prototype '04
Wheel / Joypad: PS3 controller
Power:
350 BHP @ 6300 Rpm / 46.1 kgfm @ 4200 Rpm
Weight:
1141 kg
Performance Points:
500 PP
Tires:
SS
Weight Distribution: 49:51

Suspension :
(Height-Adjustable, Fully-Customisable Suspension)

Ride Height: Front: 110 Rear: 110
Spring Rate: Front: 6.10 kg Rear: 8.56 kg
Dampers (Compression):
Front: 6 Rear: 6
Dampers (Extension)
: Front: 5 Rear: 5
Anti-Roll Bars: Front: 4 Rear: 6
Camber Angle (-)
: Front: 0.0° Rear: 0.0°
Toe Angle: Front: 0.00° Rear: 0.30°

Brakes:
Racing Upgrade F: 6 R: 5

Drivetrain:
(Fully Customisable Transmission)

Set final to 5.000
Set max to 124
Set in sequence (6-5-4-3-2-1)
Set final to 3.300

Speed: 124 mph

1:
2:
3:
4:
5:
6: 0.918

Final:

Differential Gear:
Fully Customisable Mechanical Limited-Slip Diff

Initial Torque:
R= 36
Acceleration Sensitivity:
R= 36
Braking Sensitivity:
R= 48

Clutch & Flywheel:
Twin-Plate
Propeller Shaft: Standard

Power

Oil Change:
Yes
Power Limiter: 100%
Engine Tuning: Standard
Computer:
Standard
Exhaust:
Standard
Exhaust Manifold: Standard
Catalytic Converter:
Sports
Intake Tuning:
Standard
Turbo Kit: Stage:
Standard
Nitrous Oxide (N2O): No

Body

Body Rigidity Improvement:
No
Downforce:
Weight Reduction:
Stage 3
Bonnet: Standard
Windows:
Weight Reduction
Ballast:
127kg
Ballast position: -44

Is that the Tommykaira green metallic paint or one of the color shift paints? I can't really tell, but I like it.

XS
Is that the Tommykaira green metallic paint or one of the color shift paints? I can't really tell, but I like it.
Its one of the GT colour shifts you get from one of the seasonals, can't remember which though. Its nice, goes from dark green to a sort of bruise purple.

Ok I get it now lol this car is just unpredictable under braking under acceleration all through the corner but accelerates well in a straight line...Ive done quite a few laps at grand valley posting a best time of 1:57.0 but have not come with anything I would submit...gonna keep trying tomorrow and post something after...:banghead::confused:

I hope someone comes up with a good set up because I really want to race this car

XS
Yeah I was quite disappointed that we couldn't install the rear wing anymore. Really stupid, especially considering there are a few pictures on the net of Spirras with aftermarket wings installed. :rolleyes:

Well, as of 1.06 you can put on the standard or custom rear wings 👍.

Hi XS, I was wondering where to get the spreadsheet to that you use to do the reviews, much obliged if you can help me here. I did some some snooping around other garages and now I know why @DolHaus (doll house) chose that name, check out this picture I took of him in his personal vehicle .........not exactly a stratos ......
Strange Cars - 01.jpg
:cheers: to you all.

Hi XS, I was wondering where to get the spreadsheet to that you use to do the reviews, much obliged if you can help me here. I did some some snooping around other garages and now I know why @DolHaus (doll house) chose that name, check out this picture I took of him in his personal vehicle .........not exactly a stratos ......
View attachment 138134 :cheers: to you all.
Don't mock, it was the most economical motorised shoe I could afford at the time, times are hard man!

Don't mock, it was the most economical motorised shoe I could afford at the time, times are hard man!
Having been to Saltash many times, I can safely say that these sorts of motorised vehicles are quite common. You can only imagine what you will see when you arrive in Lands End. :)

View attachment 138134 :cheers: to you all.
LOL!!

As far as the reviews are concerned, I don't use anything, I just have it memorized. It was originally a layout Praiano came up with.
Reviewer Info

Low Speed Corners
Entry
Mid
Exit
Comments

Mid Speed Corner
Entry
Mid
Exit
Comments

High Speed Corner
Entry
Mid
Exit
Comments

Overall Comments

Lol can't get this car to do what I want at all...as soon as I try to push the pace it skiddish so not having much luck...good luck to rest of you...gonna try some of the posted tunes

Oullim Motors Spirra Prototype '04 - 530PP / Sport Soft
Spirra front.jpg

I made this one for the Int.B Supercar Festival, makes for some close finish races.
Picture 1.png

Last edited:
Back