Difficult Car Spotlight - Oullim Motors Spirra

• Thread starter XS
  • 103 comments
I've been super busy getting the directory caught up after the week it was down for technical difficulties. Has anyone tried the new rear wing yet? I plan to tonight, but I didn't want to start reviews if anybody wanted to change their tunes.

Thanks for the heads up, just did a minor change (used an R8 audi instead, should win easily now), having a hard time figuring this one. I haven't had time to try the new rear wings, but if the different adjustments available make a difference it will open up a hefty amount of variations, all I need right now are more things to understand, almost makes me want to go back to recording, at least sound I understand a bit, but here all that I've got a small grip on is LSD and powering up, and even there I'm not up to where I want to be. I wish I could by a chip with the knowledge and experience from other tuners and plug it in my brain, it would make this so much easier, less gratifying, but so much easier :lol:. (hope DolHaus doesn't post an image of a bag of chips). I've been working on a new project and I'm at the point where I can't take it much farther, so I will probably (most likely) ask a few of you for some help, will give you a post. Have a good day and put some boots and a raincoat and maybe a crash helmut when you go taking those pictures of those twisters. Take care. :cheers:

Hi, @XS, I got a tune made in a jiffy ( using my replica tuning method, so no ride height exploit ) :) also no ballast or weight reduction - 500PP, tested on comfort soft at Tsukuba and managed 1:02s, quick enough for 500PP car ? With SH it should be 1 minute flat at least :D Will post it soon, once I do some test on other tracks.

View attachment 140767

@oppositelock, @xande1959, @praiano63, @shaunm80, @DolHaus, @XS

Hi to you all, I am presently reviewing your cars and will be posting them shortly. I'm trying something old and something new for the reviews, hope you like it.

Oh yes, one new thing I'm including is question/answer (my question/your answer), you don't have to reply but I think it would be greatly appreciated by others if you did. With that, see you (oppositelock your first) all soon, have a good day.:cheers:

@ oppositelock
Before I give you my review I just want to explain how I went about it.
  1. Went to 'Track X' and tested the acceleration, put it on replay and used a stop watch, repeated everything 3 times and took the average.
  2. Again on 'Track X' I put your Final Gear lower to see how fast it could go, drove only on the first straight until after the down slope.
  3. Went to Daytona, did 6 laps, kept your best 3 and averaged it out.
  4. Used 'Silverstone' International as a test track, and used the traditional way of reviewing, but added a small twist, you might feel like your back in school again. For the lap times I did 9, kept the best 3 and averaged it out.
  5. Since I'm buying a car for each one I do, I wanted to recoup some of the cash, so I did National A - 500PP Clubman championship.
  6. Last took it to the Nurb.Nord., 1 lap, Winner takes all, no prisoners.
I've put the lap times that I did, please don't tell me that you go faster than me, I already know.:lol:

Picture 2.png Picture 1.png

Question 1:
When you do a tuning with GT6 Quick-Tune, after you have your first draft and test it (you do test it, right?) do you adjust it by changing the data entries or by adjusting it manually?

Question 2:
Do you feel guilty :guilty: and can't sleep when you beat us with your tunings?

👍:cheers:👍 and a good day to you.

@TurnLeft

Thanks for the review sir, very comprehensive. To answer your first question, I usually start by making an educated guess regarding suspension level (stiffness), but using the default settings for balance and LSD. After setting the gearing using SSR7, I usually test the handling using the first few corners of Brands Hatch, adjusting the balance function and LSD setting until it feels somewhat neutral. I never manually adjust anything because that wouldn't be a proper test of Quick Tune. After that I will conduct some very brief tests on two or three random tracks just to verify the settings. All in all, I usually spend 30 minutes to an hour creating a tune. I likely spend more time shooting, editing, and uploading the associated photo. And to answer your second question, no not really, but I've only won once. I don't expect it to become a reoccurring thing, considering the tuning talent here on GTP and the built-in limitations inherent in Quick Tune. :)

@TurnLeft

Thanks for the review sir, very comprehensive. To answer your first question, I usually start by making an educated guess regarding suspension level (stiffness), but using the default settings for balance and LSD. After setting the gearing using SSR7, I usually test the handling using the first few corners of Brands Hatch, adjusting the balance function and LSD setting until it feels somewhat neutral. I never manually adjust anything because that wouldn't be a proper test of Quick Tune. After that I will conduct some very brief tests on two or three random tracks just to verify the settings. All in all, I usually spend 30 minutes to an hour creating a tune. I likely spend more time shooting, editing, and uploading the associated photo. And to answer your second question, no not really, but I've only won once. I don't expect it to become a reoccurring thing, considering the tuning talent here on GTP and the built-in limitations inherent in Quick Tune. :)
Just another question, what is SSR7? :boggled:

Special Stage Route 7, the freeway track. I run this course in reverse to set my final drive. I would use Route X, but PD screwed up the aerodynamic drag or something and all cars now have absurd and unrealistic top speeds there.:banghead:

@ xande1959
For details on procedure seeDifficult Car Spotlight - Oullim Motors Spirra
Picture 1.png Picture 3.png
Well we meet again Mr. xande1959, so are you ready for my question? .....

Question 1:
How do you go about to tune your transmission (what is your procedure) ?

Question 2:
Do you have to translate everything or do you understand a bit of english?

Trabalho bom meu amigo, leve ao cuidado de você e sua família, o veja logo.👍:cheers:👍.
Good work my friend, take care of yourself and your family, see you soon.

@ xande1959
For details on procedure seeDifficult Car Spotlight - Oullim Motors Spirra
View attachment 141219 View attachment 141220
Well we meet again Mr. xande1959, so are you ready for my question? .....

Question 1:
How do you go about to tune your transmission (what is your procedure) ?

Question 2:
Do you have to translate everything or do you understand a bit of english?

Trabalho bom meu amigo, leve ao cuidado de você e sua família, o veja logo.👍:cheers:👍.
Good work my friend, take care of yourself and your family, see you soon.

@turn Left
. Thanks friend for testing Spirra beautiful spreadsheet that his commendable work, my answer to your question using GT 1 - Gears of (oppositelock) once in a while, this time not used, went to Nurburgring transmission did it my way and I have tested maximum speed setting or 2 scaling 6th 5th 4th 3rd 1st rd, right up to the final gear

. 2nd question use; google translator, tests good friend good week for you and your family

note :I could not translate what was written on the worksheet:cheers::gtpflag:

@turn Left
. Thanks friend for testing Spirra beautiful spreadsheet that his commendable work, my answer to your question using GT 1 - Gears of (oppositelock) once in a while, this time not used, went to Nurburgring transmission did it my way and I have tested maximum speed setting or 2 scaling 6th 5th 4th 3rd 1st rd, right up to the final gear

. 2nd question use; google translator, tests good friend good week for you and your family

note :I could not translate what was written on the worksheet:cheers::gtpflag:
I will send it to you by PM and translate it for you, tomorrow. take care.👍:cheers:

Testing at Bathurst now, 2:17s on 1st lap going easy on the car :D Not bad for 500PP.

Rome : 1:13s in 1st lap. Scratch that, 1:12s on 2nd lap, this is a sleeper.

Silverstone Int : 1:07s in 2nd lap :eek: feels like driving a Ferrari :lol:

Matterhorn Rottenboden : 1:45.4xxs 1st lap, was being cautious, rarely drive there. Okay, another lap 1:42s with some scary moments downhill :lol: Checked the car ... 497PP :confused: ... ohh, time to oil change.

I think I love this car now, thanks @XS for choosing this car :D

Last edited:
@TurnLeft Might be worth adding some kind of key to the lap times, took me a while to figure out it was in seconds
Yes, it might just be a very good idea. Actually all the info on the time/speed/distance is on the first page of that document, I completely forgot to copy it to that page, sorry about that, but it's good to see your analytical skills are still sharp. I'm also getting rid of the review sheet, it seems you can't copy the text to a translator. Two more cars to try before yours, really hope it's as a good as the Stratos you did, On the dark side I'm starting preparations for testing another car part, but shhhh, that's a secret. Take care, will be in touch soon.:cheers:

Yes, it might just be a very good idea. Actually all the info on the time/speed/distance is on the first page of that document, I completely forgot to copy it to that page, sorry about that, but it's good to see your analytical skills are still sharp. I'm also getting rid of the review sheet, it seems you can't copy the text to a translator. Two more cars to try before yours, really hope it's as a good as the Stratos you did, On the dark side I'm starting preparations for testing another car part, but shhhh, that's a secret. Take care, will be in touch soon.:cheers:
I like the review sheet part, gives a more personal view of the car. Facts and figures give a very accurate and clinical view of a car but they don't really tell the whole story. For instance, the stock Ferrari FXX is blisteringly fast based on its potential lap times but I really don't enjoy driving it because its twitchy and there is no room for error.

My Spirra isn't as good as the Stratos I don't think, its fairly quick but its not easy to drive.
Best of luck

Here it is @XS, the 500PP tune that I made in about 30 minutes at Tsukuba, the testing is more time consuming, but I almost didn't change anything in the end :D

OULLIM MOTORS Spirra Prototype '04 500PP

Special Build Spirra Proto at 500PP
Comfort Soft to Sports Soft

CAR : Oullim Motors Spirra Prototype '04
Tire : Comfort Soft to Sports Soft

Specs
Horsepower: 359HP at 6500 RPM
Torque : 350.1 ft-lb at 4200 RPM
Power Limiter at : 97.9%
Weight: 1205 kg
Ballast : 0 kg
Ballast Position : 0
Weight Distribution : 44 / 56
Performance Points: 500

GT AUTO
Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( NOT INSTALLED IN THIS BUILD ) - OPTIONAL-only install for racing tire fitment.
Custom Rear Wing :
Wing Mount Standard Type D
Wing Large Type E
Winglets Large Type C
Height -7 and Width +16
Wheels : +2 Inch Up OZ Racing SuperFogiata in Black or GT6 Matte 006
Car Paint : GT6 Matte 006 or White or any color you like.

Tuning Parts Installed :
Semi Racing Exhaust
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Twin Plate Clutch
Fully Customizable Dog Clutch Transmission
Adjustable LSD
Fully Customizable Suspension
Racing Brakes Kit

Suspension - Custom Coilover Damper Kit
Front, Rear

Ride Height: 110 110
Spring Rate: 12.00 9.00
Dampers (Compression): 7 2
Dampers (Extension): 8 6
Anti-Roll Bars: 5 5
Camber Angle: 0.2 0.2 ( use zero camber all around for max grip )
Toe Angle: -0.08 0.08

LSD - 2 Way LSD High Preload Low Locking Rate
Initial Torque : 30
Acceleration Sensitivity: 20
Braking Sensitivity: 30

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - Custom Close Ratio
Install all power parts
Set Default
Set Final to 3.900
Set Auto Max Speed at 220kmh / 137mph
Adjust each gear :
1st 2.972
2nd 2.235
3rd 1.764
4th 1.474
5th 1.238
6th 1.037
Set Final : 2.889 ( top speed at 280kmh, lower final for higher top speed )

AERO:
REAR : 20 ( MAX )

Brake Balance:
4/3 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 4/3, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance.
I recommend to run 5/4 for ABS1.

Recommended setting for DS3 user :

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 4/3 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :
I used to have this car in GT5, never really drive on the limit, just cruising around online.

Then I read that this car is nasty for it's oversteer :), so I tuned it for racing or just driving as quick as possible around tracks ( track days )

I set at 500PP for this build, maintaining stock weight, and tuning using my replica building experience.

Suspension is the most crucial part of the build, with carefully chosen spring rate, damper tuning and ARB. All these three parts gives the car great handling with predictable response on the limit and easy to control when exceeding it.

LSD is another important part, with high preload to reduce handling changes when pushed hard and low locking rate for more consistent drive experience.

Gearing is also what makes this car special, using adapted racing car close ratio, the Spirra gives excellent acceleration and top speed.

The more I drive this car, the more I like it, especially for hot laps :D

I tuned and tested at various track, Tsukuba, Brands Hatch GP, Silverstone GP, Silverstone Intl, Bathurst, Matterhorn Rottenboden, Rome and a few others.

When tested at Tsukuba on comfort soft, it was capable of 1:02s lap :eek:
While on sports soft tire :
Bathurst now, 2:17s on 1st lap going easy on the car
Rome : 1:12s
Silverstone International : 1:07s, while on Sports Medium 1:10.1xxs
Matterhorn Rottenboden : 1:42s with ease.

This is one of the quickest 500PP car :D

ENJOY :cheers:

EDIT : Corrected power figure and limiter, due to worn engine, the updated figure now used new fresh oil figure and limiter.

UPDATE : Tweaked the rear damper, and LSD, the car is now more stable on high speed and braking, easier to push on low to medium speed even on Sports Hard Tire.

The new update managed mid 1:11s at Silverstone International on Sports Hard :crazy:

Last edited:
@ praiano63
To anyone reading this, before making a judgement, look at the Kmh/PP in the thumbnail below.
Test Track : Silvestone International

Low Speed Corner Entry:.......................................................................................8/10
Good.

Low Speed Corner Mid:.........................................................................................8/10
Strange feeling of the car battling with the road, but you stay on course.
Low Speed Corner Exit:........................................................................................9/10
As I floored it the front started to dive slightly to the right, than came back on course, thought I had some pilot aids on.
Comment:
Very gritty feeling, I know I said on a previous review that I can never have enough grip, I was wrong, reminded me of Chunkee-Monkey's Delta Hf, looked in the rear view mirror to see if the road wasn't been torn apart.
Total: 8.3/10

Mid Speed Corner Entry:.......................................................................................8/10
Same as slow corners, good.

Mid Speed Corner Mid:.........................................................................................8/10
Again that strange feeling of battling the road, you win but you want to let go the gas and I think you could probably give it some more.

Mid Speed Corner Exit:........................................................................................7/10
I took off a point because I missed the exit line coming out and blamed it on the car. Also, your racking up the points and one less or one more won't change much to the outcome.:lol:

Comment:
In general it's very good, I think with a steering wheel I could take smoother curves and get it less gritty.
Total: 7.6/10

Fast Speed Corner Entry:.....................................................................................8/10
With this car this is easy.

Fast Speed Corner Mid:.......................................................................................8/10
Finally got it to grip without grinding my teeth.
Fast Speed Corner Exit:.......................................................................................8/10
Easy in, easy out.
Comment:
I could have given you more but there are still some more cars to try, and we never know.
Total: 8/10

General Comments:
The car handles great, and for those who are reading this, it was with Sport-Medium tires, and it had all the grip you could want, and more. So yeah, I should give you more for this, but I know points are not important to you, so I won't.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

National.A 500PP Clubman

Matterhorn Rottenboder:...................................................................................7/10
For doing the race at 500PP with SM tires and getting close times to the more powerful cars on SS, I give it a 9, but...it was really not that enjoyable to drive on this track, with this car you can feel all the tiny little bumps there are on the road, had to struggle quite a bit with this one, so 5+9=14 /2 = 7 (usually I'm not this picky, but I can't let you get away with to much of a lead)
Circuit da Roma:................................................................................................9/10
No COMMENT.
Panorama:........................................................................................................9/10
A-ha, a flaw in the car, lacked top speed on the last long straight, you were going to get 15/10, but no.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nurb.Nord. ( Joy ride ) :......................................................................Bonus Points..9
This was ridiculous, to easy to stay on the road, I went off because I started day dreaming, so I lost a few seconds a couple of times, but I didn't scrap the car.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Acceleration:.....................................................................................................8/10
Good.
Braking:............................................................................................................8.5/10
Very good
Handling:..........................................................................................................9/10
Excellent
Grip:.................................................................................................................9.5/10
Very good, excellent, sometimes to much.

Total: 92.9
Picture 4.png

If you do have the time I would like to ask you 2 questions,
Question 1:
What made you decide to go with extreme ride height settings? (very low front, full up rear)

Question 2:
Would you consider testing the cars and giving your valued opinion?

With all do respect, have a good day :cheers:

Last edited:
@ praiano63
To anyone reading this, before making a judgement, look at the Kmh/PP in the thumbnail below.
Test Track : Silvestone International

Low Speed Corner Entry:.......................................................................................8/10
Good.

Low Speed Corner Mid:.........................................................................................8/10
Strange feeling of the car battling with the road, but you stay on course.
Low Speed Corner Exit:........................................................................................9/10
As I floored it the front started to dive slightly to the right, than came back on course, thought I had some pilot aids on.
Comment:
Very gritty feeling, I know I said on a previous review that I can never have enough grip, I was wrong, reminded me of Chunkee-Monkey's Delta Hf, looked in the rear view mirror to see if the road wasn't been torn apart.
Total: 8.3/10

Mid Speed Corner Entry:.......................................................................................8/10
Same as slow corners, good.

Mid Speed Corner Mid:.........................................................................................8/10
Again that strange feeling of battling the road, you win but you want to let go the gas and I think you could probably give it some more.

Mid Speed Corner Exit:........................................................................................7/10
I took off a point because I missed the exit line coming out and blamed it on the car. Also, your racking up the points and one less or one more won't change much to the outcome.:lol:

Comment:
In general it's very good, I think with a steering wheel I could take smoother curves and get it less gritty.
Total: 7.6/10

Fast Speed Corner Entry:.....................................................................................8/10
With this car this is easy.

Fast Speed Corner Mid:.......................................................................................8/10
Finally got it to grip without grinding my teeth.
Fast Speed Corner Exit:.......................................................................................8/10
Easy in, easy out.
Comment:
I could have given you more but there are still some more cars to try, and we never know.
Total: 8/10

General Comments:
The car handles great, and for those who are reading this, it was with Sport-Medium tires, and it had all the grip you could want, and more. So yeah, I should give you more for this, but I know points are not important to you, so I won't.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

National.A 500PP Clubman

Matterhorn Rottenboder:...................................................................................7/10
For doing the race at 500PP with SM tires and getting close times to the more powerful cars on SS, I give it a 9, but...it was really not that enjoyable to drive on this track, with this car you can feel all the tiny little bumps there are on the road, had to struggle quite a bit with this one, so 5+9=14 /2 = 7 (usually I'm not this picky, but I can't let you get away with to much of a lead)
Circuit da Roma:................................................................................................9/10
No COMMENT.
Panorama:........................................................................................................9/10
A-ha, a flaw in the car, lacked top speed on the last long straight, you were going to get 15/10, but no.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nurb.Nord. ( Joy ride ) :......................................................................Bonus Points..9
This was ridiculous, to easy to stay on the road, I went off because I started day dreaming, so I lost a few seconds a couple of times, but I didn't scrap the car.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Acceleration:.....................................................................................................8/10
Good.
Braking:............................................................................................................8.5/10
Very good
Handling:..........................................................................................................9/10
Excellent
Grip:.................................................................................................................9.5/10
Very good, excellent, sometimes to much.

Total: 92.9
View attachment 141735

Question 1:
What made you decide to go with extreme ride height settings? (very low front, full up rear)

Question 2:

With all do respect, have a good day :cheers:
Thanks for this very complete review full of very instructives informations. Very good job.

Question 1:
To compense the crazy uncontrolable oversteer when stock, i just saw this trick to start on a good base and fine tune the rest of the car´s behaviors.

Question 2:
Sorry, i have too much job now with my pizza delivery, it´s a big success but also a job with more than 12 hours a day .:crazy: I just can find some hours early in the morning to build some cars for my garage.

Have a good day and thanks gain for your excelent test.

LOL, this car looks so terrible. I've got to have a crack at this!

In stock form its hilariously bad, its like the wheels are made of grease
That's a good analogy. I wonder if it was really that bad IRL. I mean, the Ford V8 that the Spirra originally used isn't exactly light, but it's also not that heavy either. If you'd never seen the car before you drove it in the game, you'd swear you were driving a Beetle with a V12 hanging out the back.

@shaunm80
Before I start I have to say I made a slight modification to your Final Gear setting, For Daytona and Panorama the speed was going to be to low, so I set it to 2.600 for all tracks except for the 0-200kmh test. The 0-300kmh your original setup could not do it , as with Praiano's, so I put N/A (not available). Yours was a testy one, I really started to get comfortable with it when I did the Nurburgring. So here it is, take what you want and leave the rest.

Test Track : Silverstone International

Low Speed Corner Entry:.......................................................................................6/10
Generally good but you start feeling some body motion.

Low Speed Corner Mid:.........................................................................................5/10
The car's front wants to dive and continue on, but controllable

Low Speed Corner Exit:........................................................................................5/10
Getting some extra wheel spin (red) from the interior tire, too not get any you have to throttle gently but you lose precious time this way, the extra spin also make the car turn unnaturally.
Comment:
This is the part there should be some special attention given to it, the car shows some great potential but there are a few problems that are hampering it. (springs?, LSD?, Ballast?)

Total: 5.3/10

Mid Speed Corner Entry:.......................................................................................6/10
Losing a little stability on breaking, I don't think the breaks are the problem, feels more like it's body movement pushing it.

Mid Speed Corner Mid:.........................................................................................6/10
The cars body is pushing you out, it's not the tires cause they aren't even squealing.

Must be careful with the throttle or you get a nose dive, either the body movement or the wheel spin is most likely causing it.
Comment:
Another thing I noticed was a seesaw effect, I use the view where you see the road in front with the two dial on each side. This is not a real bumby track but you sometimes feel like your in a boat. I've just noticed I've only been giving the negative aspects so far but at the end you'll see there are quite a few very positive aspects.

Total: 6.3/10

Fast Speed Corner Entry:.....................................................................................7/10
At faster speeds with less sharp corner this car works quite well.

Fast Speed Corner Mid:.......................................................................................6/10
Some oversteer that seems to come from body motion.

Fast Speed Corner Exit:.......................................................................................7/10
Good, at faster speeds your not getting as much wheel spin, so you come out safe and fast.

Comment:
This is only my theory and it good for what it's worth, I think that part of the body motion comes from the Front and back Springs not being synchronized or locked together, seems one is pushing the other like a seesaw. Just a thought I got as I'm writing this.

Total: 6.6/10

General Comments:
The car is fast, it does handle quit well until certain conditions come in. it brakes well and even though it is sometimes a little difficult to control (which adds to giving it some edge) it is quite fun to drive. So far out of all the cars I've tried, this one feels like it still has the most to give, just give it a little more love and I'm sure you could shave off at least 3 seconds on Silverstone Int., it's really not missing that much.

National.A 500PP Clubman (these races are done in A-spec mode, againts the all-mighty AI drivers)

Matterhorn Rottenboder:...................................................................................6/10
I'm not going to lie to you, this was not a good one. I thought that maybe with a little sponge effect from the suspension it would make it easier, no. On top of that, every time I caught up to a car and got ready to pass it was at the wrong place on the track. Finally got in first and thought that things would get better, but this one doesn't like cold air. (maybe a new heater could help)

Circuit da Roma:................................................................................................7/10

I'm thinking there's a curse on this car, same 🤬🤬🤬 problem with the AI cars, once cleared of them the rest of the ride was good, exception of the last curve before you go back to the finish line, you have to give it some time to stabilize that body motion before entering.

Panorama:........................................................................................................7/10

The curse is gone, generally good and as always lots of fun here.

Nurb.Nord. ( Joy ride ) :......................................................................Bonus Points..8
I was expecting hell here, so I didn't push it to much at first, then I started pushing it more but kept my breaking distance safe, it wasn't a sunday drive and you had to be attentive, but that made it real fun.

Very good

Braking:............................................................................................................7/10
Very good, wasn't it's fault for the body motion, it was the other guy....

Handling:..........................................................................................................5/10
...guilty...

Grip:.................................................................................................................7/10
Good, with exception of out of sharp curves.

Total: 74.2

Picture 4.png

As with the others I will ask you two questions, you don't have to answer, but it's always a pleasure to hear what others have to say.

Question: 1
How do you go about to choose the parts to power up a car?

Question: 2
Which car would you not want to tune even with a ten foot pole?

To all of you, I find it very difficult to do this, reviewing your tunings. I write songs, and when somebody tells me something is not right with it, it tears my heart, even if deep down I know that they are right. Making a tuning is a creation where we put our soul into it, and when someone says something bad about it, it does touch us personally,
because it is part of us. So if I hurt someone's feelings I really do understand and it's not the intention to hurt any of you, but I also understand that going over this makes us better at what ever craft we do, and stronger persons to reach our goals in the future. I must be getting tired I'm getting really mushy here, goodnight to you Shaunm80 and to all you crazy :crazy: tuners out there. :cheers:

@XS : I updated my tune due to the power figure and limiter was on worn engine oil or I may have missed the PP counter :lol: dropping the limiter too much. I changed the oil, it supposed to be 359HP and 97.9% limiter. Tune has been fixed.

Last edited:
@shaunm80
Before I start I have to say I made a slight modification to your Final Gear setting, For Daytona and Panorama the speed was going to be to low, so I set it to 2.600 for all tracks except for the 0-200kmh test. The 0-300kmh your original setup could not do it , as with Praiano's, so I put N/A (not available). Yours was a testy one, I really started to get comfortable with it when I did the Nurburgring. So here it is, take what you want and leave the rest.

Test Track : Silverstone International

Low Speed Corner Entry:.......................................................................................6/10
Generally good but you start feeling some body motion.

Low Speed Corner Mid:.........................................................................................5/10
The car's front wants to dive and continue on, but controllable

Low Speed Corner Exit:........................................................................................5/10
Getting some extra wheel spin (red) from the interior tire, too not get any you have to throttle gently but you lose precious time this way, the extra spin also make the car turn unnaturally.
Comment:
This is the part there should be some special attention given to it, the car shows some great potential but there are a few problems that are hampering it. (springs?, LSD?, Ballast?)
Total: 5.3/10

Mid Speed Corner Entry:.......................................................................................6/10
Losing a little stability on breaking, I don't think the breaks are the problem, feels more like it's body movement pushing it.

Mid Speed Corner Mid:.........................................................................................6/10
The cars body is pushing you out, it's not the tires cause they aren't even squealing.

Must be careful with the throttle or you get a nose dive, either the body movement or the wheel spin is most likely causing it.
Comment:
Another thing I noticed was a seesaw effect, I use the view where you see the road in front with the two dial on each side. This is not a real bumby track but you sometimes feel like your in a boat. I've just noticed I've only been giving the negative aspects so far but at the end you'll see there are quite a few very positive aspects.

Total: 6.3/10

Fast Speed Corner Entry:.....................................................................................7/10
At faster speeds with less sharp corner this car works quite well.

Fast Speed Corner Mid:.......................................................................................6/10
Some oversteer that seems to come from body motion.

Fast Speed Corner Exit:.......................................................................................7/10
Good, at faster speeds your not getting as much wheel spin, so you come out safe and fast.

Comment:
This is only my theory and it good for what it's worth, I think that part of the body motion comes from the Front and back Springs not being synchronized or locked together, seems one is pushing the other like a seesaw. Just a thought I got as I'm writing this.
Total: 6.6/10

General Comments:
The car is fast, it does handle quit well until certain conditions come in. it brakes well and even though it is sometimes a little difficult to control (which adds to giving it some edge) it is quite fun to drive. So far out of all the cars I've tried, this one feels like it still has the most to give, just give it a little more love and I'm sure you could shave off at least 3 seconds on Silverstone Int., it's really not missing that much.

National.A 500PP Clubman (these races are done in A-spec mode, againts the all-mighty AI drivers)

Matterhorn Rottenboder:...................................................................................6/10
I'm not going to lie to you, this was not a good one. I thought that maybe with a little sponge effect from the suspension it would make it easier, no. On top of that, every time I caught up to a car and got ready to pass it was at the wrong place on the track. Finally got in first and thought that things would get better, but this one doesn't like cold air. (maybe a new heater could help)
Circuit da Roma:................................................................................................7/10
I'm thinking there's a curse on this car, same 🤬🤬🤬 problem with the AI cars, once cleared of them the rest of the ride was good, exception of the last curve before you go back to the finish line, you have to give it some time to stabilize that body motion before entering.
Panorama:........................................................................................................7/10
The curse is gone, generally good and as always lots of fun here.

Nurb.Nord. ( Joy ride ) :......................................................................Bonus Points..8
I was expecting hell here, so I didn't push it to much at first, then I started pushing it more but kept my breaking distance safe, it wasn't a sunday drive and you had to be attentive, but that made it real fun.

Very good

Braking:............................................................................................................7/10
Very good, wasn't it's fault for the body motion, it was the other guy....

Handling:..........................................................................................................5/10
...guilty...

Grip:.................................................................................................................7/10
Good, with exception of out of sharp curves.

Total: 74.2

View attachment 141947

As with the others I will ask you two questions, you don't have to answer, but it's always a pleasure to hear what others have to say.

To all of you, I find it very difficult to do this, reviewing your tunings. I write songs, and when somebody tells me something is not right with it, it tears my heart, even if deep down I know that they are right. Making a tuning is a creation where we put our soul into it, and when someone says something bad about it, it does touch us personally,
because it is part of us. So if I hurt someone's feelings I really do understand and it's not the intention to hurt any of you, but I also understand that going over this makes us better at what ever craft we do, and stronger persons to reach our goals in the future. I must be getting tired I'm getting really mushy here, goodnight to you Shaunm80 and to all you crazy :crazy: tuners out there. :cheers:
Many thanks for the thorough test @TurnLeft. Fair comments which I agree with completely. Since I made the tune, rear wings can be added to the car so I think I will give this car a little more time and add a wing and remove a few power parts to keep it at 550PP.

In answer to your questions

I look at the car I am tuning and make a decision to tune it to a certain PP for offline career races. For example, BMWs at 500-550. Small hot hatches tuned at 450pp maybe 500pp etc. City cars at 350pp to 400pp. I pick parts that give the best power increases without having to reduce the power limiter excessively to reach the desired PP.

The answer to this question is very simple. Bugatti Veyron '13. I could not tame this car for love or money so I moved on and forgot about it.

XS
That's a good analogy. I wonder if it was really that bad IRL. I mean, the Ford V8 that the Spirra originally used isn't exactly light, but it's also not that heavy either. If you'd never seen the car before you drove it in the game, you'd swear you were driving a Beetle with a V12 hanging out the back.
You have to wonder, some small manufacturers have been known to release cars that are absolute dogs because they tried to hard to compete with the big dogs. Outside of GT I've never really heard much about the car so I have no base of reference.
GT also gets it wrong sometimes, just look at the Lamborghini Gallardo/ Audi R8 in GT5, they're basically the same car underneath and yet somehow the Audi handled great and the Lambo felt like a pallet of bricks.

I think the Spirra should have good handling in real life, they even released Spirra Cregit EX with 600HP V6 2.7 Twin Turbo :eek: The production models all uses Hyundai 2.7 V6 engine :)

There's always the question of whether its a good handling road car or a good handling track car. Some cars feel great on the road when you're not pushing the limits but turn into unpredictable monsters when you take them to the track, some cars feel awful on the road but incredible once you start to hammer them round a track.
Maybe the Oullim is not meant for the track in this form?

Oullim Spirra Prototype '04

500pp/SH

Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit_7.jpg

Oullim Motors Spirra Prototype '04
500pp/Sports Hard
ABS 1

Max Power: 351 BHP at 6400 RPM
Weight: 1157kg
Distribution: 48:52
Torque: 47.5 kgfm at 4200 RPM

GT AUTO

Oil change
Wheels : +1 Inch (Rays CE28N, silver)
Colour: Spirra Yellow (stock)

Suspension
Fully Customisable Suspension

Ride Height: 105 118
Spring Rate: 5.60 8.10
Dampers (Compression): 4 4
Dampers (Extension): 5 6
Anti-Roll Bars: 3 5
Camber Angle: 0.0 0.0
Toe Angle: -0.09 0.18

Racing Brakes Kit: 6 5

Drivetrain:
Triple Plate Clutch
Adjustable LSD:
F: n/a
R: initial 11, accel 9, braking 20

Power

Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Sports Catylitic Converter

Power Limiter 98.0%

Body
Weight Reduction: Stage 2, Windows
Ballast: 95kg @ -50

Transmission *
Final: 5.000
Max Speed: 130
1 2.696
2 1.930
3 1.462
4 1.156
5 0.955
6 0.823
Final: 3.320

* Edit: as an amateur and somewhat disorganised tuner I didn't make notes of course. I'm still not sure about getting the best out of the gearing but I think this is what I did (it was a while ago) - please let me know there are any problems.

So, that's my first posted tune. I aimed to make it driveable on SH tyres around Trial Mountain - I think it is generally OK, there is still some brake release oversteer to watch for but I like to think a bit of the spirit of the murderous original remains to keep you on your toes :lol:.

I have tried it out at Brands and Suzuka, where it was OK if remembered slow in - fast out. It was not so good coming down the Alpine mountains though - beware!

Last edited:
I've tested a couple of the other cars so far. With my limited playing time, I chose the 500pp variants as a sort of a comparison with my own setup. I just took them for 10 laps of Trial Mountain (my usual first stop testing ground), using DS3 and ABS 1. I'll leave detailed analyses to others and just give a few words on my first impressions.

First up was @DolHaus on SS.

I thought that the front end dug-in well, with no understeer; but even with Sports Soft tyres I still needed to be careful with the back end, especially applying throttle out of the corner. Initially I was a bit disappointed with the looseness at the rear, but I think I was expecting too much from the SS and being too aggressive.

Once I reverted to smooth inputs, and slow-in and fast-out I had much more joy. However, it would get upset powering through the final S-bend onto the S/F straight and I sometimes had to lift off to settle it back down. It was fine if I had perfect entry into the left and could head straight at the right-hander apex towards the pit wall, but I'm not that consistent and a slight bit of steering or correction caused it to step out over the bumps.

Then I swapped to Sports Hard tyres an ran another 10 laps. The car was certainly competent with less grip, although I found I needed to be very careful mid corner to exit. The outside rear would heat up and lose grip - I thought this might be down to the high diff settings not suiting me. Overall though a really nice tune that has reigned-in the worst of the angry Korean, while bringing out its good points.

Next, @praiano63 on SH.

Praiano has been highly successful in exploiting the ride height differential here. I didn't bother testing on the offered SM tyres, instead going straight for SH. There's not much to say about this one really - excellent in every aspect and a car built for the win. I think you could happily use it online to surprise a few people. It still has some tell-tale MR tail-wag though, so you can't be totally stupid with it.

Perhaps the biggest plus and the biggest minus of this tune is that you could be driving almost any MR car.

Trial Mountain Times
Arcade Mode, ABS 1

Woodski_427 500pp SH: 1:37.230
Dolhaus 500pp SS: 1:35.222
Dolhaus 500pp SH: 1:37.832
Praiano63 500pp SH: 1:36.958

I'm hoping to give some more tunes a run soon 👍

Last edited:
I don't think there's a need to use ride height exploit :) From the experience of building my 500PP quick tune, the car was able to be quick, consistent and I would say better than with the exploit. Just my opinion.

Back