Diffrences between versions of GT1

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 1' started by tankuroded, Jul 6, 2010.

1. tankuroded

tankuroded

Can anyone give me diffrences of the Japanese, American (original and Greatest Hits), and European versions of GT1?

2. Famine

Famine Administrator

Some licence test times vary, NTSC-J doesn't have either the C1 Corvette or NB Mazda Roadster in Arcade Mode (others have them in Arcade Mode but not the main game), open/end movie music is different... that's pretty much it.

Oh, and in NTSC-J, Polyphony Digital are called Polyphonic Inc. and it came out in 1997. In the others they're Polyphony Digital and it's given as 1997, 1998.

3. tankuroded

tankuroded

Correction: It's C2.

4. Famine

Famine Administrator

Meh, either/or. It's in Arcade Mode in NTSC-UC and PAL, and not at all in NTSC-J.

5. Antti-san

Antti-san

I don't know if it's just me, but I recently bought the Japanese (NTSC J) version of GT1 and I have to say that the driving physics feel better - not nearly as fidgety as I remember the PAL version to be. Or am I just going old? :guilty:

Also, those annoying jumps from Autumn Ring and Grand Valley aren't there in the Japanese version! :D

6. edward_v12

edward_v12

Last edited: Aug 15, 2010
  7. tankuroded

tankuroded

Edward:Well yes, your "engrish" rate seems drop at that post. Adding a bit: Arcade mode is displayed as Quick Arcade there, right?

Antti-san: (about jumps) I never realized there was a jump outside Japanese version of GT1 in AutumnRing and Grand Valley.

8. edward_v12

edward_v12

I don't quote his post. I just answered to your first post.
    I will delete.

9. tankuroded

tankuroded

^ I confused. :confused: :indiff:

10. edward_v12

edward_v12

I'm sorry. please ignore my post.

11. tankuroded

tankuroded

I got a :censored: short Japanese GT1 video.

Go to 0:15 and see the car's side. Is this means that the side of the NSX LM differs in Japanese version? Does anyone know other diffrences in this car between Japanese and US version? :confused:

12. Famine

Famine Administrator

Yes. The Japanese car is called the NSX-R GT1 Turbo - US/EU version is the NSX-R LM GT2 - but has the same stats. It's also available in red or black, as opposed to the US/EU version which is red or bronze. The US/EU version is based on the #84 Team Kunimitsu NSX run at Le Mans in 1995 and 1996 - securing a class (GT2) podium in 1996 and a class win in 1995.

13. SportWagon

SportWagon Premium

There were two North American versions, distinquishable by GameShark details, but the unannounced changes were made before the Greatest Hit packaging was released.

Most noticeable change was a few names of a few cars in some circumstances.

It's possible some change was made to the "random" selection of prize car colours. (early users claimed the green Silvia LM could not actually be won).

14. Famine

Famine Administrator

The Civic '91 CR-X Si is actually a different car to the CR-X EF-8 SiR.

The US game has both. The CR-X EF-8 SiR prize car has 152hp and weighs 970kg. The Civic '91 CR-X Si used car has 152hp and weighs 986kg and only appears in the US game. All other regions have the CR-X EF-8 SiR as a used car also with 152hp (or 155PS) and 970kg weight.

15. F40LM

F40LM Premium

Gran Turismo 1 - NTSC Japanese Exclusives

These are exclusive comparing the PAL to Japanese version, I don't know about other versions

These Differences are the ones in Career mode

My brother always wanted this car in red becuase it was on the front of a Gran Turismo 1 Guide and he could never get it in Black becuase Red version was only avaliable in this Japanese version

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is the best car in the Japanese version without a doubt, the power and weight is the almost the same as a F1 car!
    [​IMG]

These pictures are Gran Turismo Japanese Exclusives in Arcade

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I might have some more maybe

Last edited: Oct 28, 2011
  16. Tornado

Tornado

"Cerebera"?
    :lol:

17. Kurumi

Kurumi Premium

Also, I don't think the Griffith Blackpool B340 isn't in the North American version, despite being metioned in the reference manual.

18. Liquid

Liquid Premium

Well, there were certainly 2 Griffiths in the PAL. The 500 and the "4.0" I think it was called.

NSX RMs are interesting mind. Same colours, but turbos and insane horsepower? Yes please.

19. Kurumi

Kurumi Premium

Yes, there are 2 Griffith's in the NTSC version aswell, but the manual which has all the car specs for only the cars that you can purchase, it shows the Griffith Blackpool B340 specs. I haven't been able to get the car with my gameshark. So is there 3 Griffiths like it says in the manual?

20. Xenn

Xenn Premium

It could be a printing mistake, it does happen.

21. Kurumi

Kurumi Premium

Probably. I know it is in GT2, however if the manual is correct, they planned to have it in GT1. Is it possible for the car to be in the game? Now I have something to do this weekend, find the unfound car. Is it possible that it is outside of the normal data range 0000-00B2? Time to get the duster out and clean the PS1.

22. Xenn

Xenn Premium

I actually wasn't aware the range is B2, the code list of cars i'm looking at only goes up to B0. It might be worth trying that, going beyond that range.

23. Mr. CoolFiat

Mr. CoolFiat (Banned)

there is 1 in GT2

24. Kurumi

Kurumi Premium

Thanks for correcting me coolfiat :). There was 3 Cerberas. And Zenn, I was wrong, the range is to B1, which is the Celica with the glitched nameplate. Isn't the concept car heavier in the PAL version than the NTSC version?

25. Xenn

Xenn Premium

I converted lb to KG, so it comes up as 979.7595192KG. That's pretty close to PALs weight which is 980KG.

26. Kurumi

Kurumi Premium

Is the Japanese version the best one? Or does it have more problems?

27. SportWagon

SportWagon Premium

I thought F40LM was commenting on the spelling of Cerbera in the Japanese version.

(Or perhaps Cerebera is the correct Japanese spelling in Roman characters?)

Last edited: Feb 19, 2011
  28. Kurumi

Kurumi Premium

I don't understand, let me rephrase. Is the Japanese Version of GT1 better than the PAL and NTSC ones?

29. Famine

Famine Administrator

No.

It has the fewest cars and the del Sol LM, Cerbera LM, Concept LM and Viper GTS-R are all much slower due to glitched gearing than the corresponding cars in NTSC-UC and PAL games, despite much lower weights.

30. F40LM

F40LM Premium

I posted it becuase of the wrong spelling, you correct buddy xD!

I forgot about the TVR Griffith 4.0 in the pal version :p

Last edited: Feb 19, 2011