Direct-Capture GT Sport Footage: Nürburgring Nordschleife

As I said in the videos/screenshots thread it looks great but nowhere near the bullshot quality of the trailer and screenshots.

Also back to being letterboxed.

And without the dubbed sounds of the trailer it's a whole lot less realistic and exciting.

Graphics look ok, but the sound is still as sterile & awful as ever. I have a new concern as well; after driving on Assetto Corsa's laser scanned version of the Nord, I don't think I could ever go back to a non laser scanned version. The one in GT Sport seems to be exactly the same one PD have been using since GT4, but with a few more graphical tweaks. AC's Nord is laser scanned, so is FM6's, & Ian Bell has said he's looking into laser scanning everything for P CARS 2. So PD & GT are way behind the times, not even managing to keep up with the competition. This game just keeps on dying over & over again for me in new & interesting ways.

It is indeed laser scanned, it was revealed at the Copperpot show back in March.

That's why I used the word "seems", I was not speaking in the absolute sense so no need to interpret what I said that way. If it really is laser scanned then that is great. Is there any written confirmation of this anywhere? Source please!

You know it's about GT when the first comments are all negative :P
But it's almost irrational, people keep saying it's bad for months (me included) and they still come to see if any improvements are made.
True.... but all they've shown is what it looks like. We need direct capture game play videos to make judgments on anything else.

Back