Direct-Capture GT Sport Footage: Nürburgring Nordschleife

Wow.. It looks and sound good, definitely a step up. I've played GT6 recently, there's no way it's sound the same. No V8 car sounded good in GT6, they're all awful. The flyby is still feel like Gran Turismo it sound so 'flat' for some reason.

Still long way to go if you compare it to sims like Raceroom and AC. But I'm glad that I can now drive a GT3 car without cringing so hard.

Other than that, this is not the place to compare games.

I agree! it's not...

Well..... maybe you could just compare the very subjective topic of 'wow factor'.....

So far, nothing in GT Sport has wowed me like Forza Horizon 3 did

Hmmm, maybe just add the 'quality' to that as well....

Yet they're always released with top quality, unlike GT you have to assume or guess. I'll take yearly releases over 3 to 5 year releases that end up disappointing me in the end if that's the case thank you very much. :sly:

End of, back on topic.

If were gonna compare those two, why not the 'spirit' too eh? Yeah! Throw it out there!

But hey, GT isn't entirely dead. Come to Forza and you'll regain that GT spirit in both Motorsport & Horizon! :D

Why stop there I here you ask... Throw in the content too!

Also the car list. Yeah that's right, Forza 5 gotten flak for having only 200 cars, 200, all of which were rebuilt from scratch. GTS's car list is 70% lesser than it, some "believed" to be built from scratch and others being fictional such as the Subaru Impreza Gr.3. So PD better get the same flak that Forza had back in 2013, because "but it's a motorsport game" should NOT be an excuse to give PD a free pass again. And before pCARS gets mentioned, it also got the same flak too but it wasn't as massive as FM5.

This post could be at least treble in quotes, that's the funny thing!:lol:

Biased?
So that's your argument, ok man.

Btw, i have more than 100 hours in Project Cars, i have Assetto Corsa, Dirt Rally, F1 2015 and Driveclub on ps4.
You're pretty much stating both games' gameplays are "considerably worse" than in trailers (which by itself makes no sense), and you have nothing to back that statement up. So yeah, biased.

You can keep going, because I'm just going to disagree what you'll say next. :sly:

@TrevorPhilips I honestly don't care what you have to say. Again I had no attention to compare games but state my opinion. Desperate at its finest.

Last edited:
As I said in the videos/screenshots thread it looks great but nowhere near the bullshot quality of the trailer and screenshots.

Also back to being letterboxed.

That's pretty much true for every single AAA games nowadays, unfortunately. Don't think we should fault PD here.

Still not super impressed with the graphics at all when we're looking at the onboards. Looks respectable, just.....not anything super brag-worthy like I'd expect from a PD game on a piece of hardware quite a bit more powerful than an XB1.

Sounds are better than GT5/6, but still not what I'd call 'good'.

I'm hoping to see the graphics improve a fair bit over the next 3-6 months now that they've ditched the requirement for the whole game to run in VR.

Looks amazing. Sounds... not great. Honestly, I think I could live with sounds as they are now, though I wouldn't complain if they were to improve between now and release...

The audio is ridiculously bad, my goodness. Most of the cars sound pretty much exactly like in GT6, but "raspier". Still, not even remotely like real cars. The mixing and spacial positioning etc. are all right, but the actual engine samples are so bad, I cannot believe how some people here can be pleased with that, seriously. It's seriously breaking my heart to see how good it looks and then hearing PS2 quality engine notes.

I like the fact that on the Tokyo video the AI is running often side by side, overtaking themselves. They're not just driving one behind another, Tokyo is a narrow and fast track, yet they manage to do that. Ok, they don't seem to be driving at 100% pace there, but that can be changed no problem, just make them go faster. It's the moves that are impressive.

looks stunning, but I agree that it needs some motion blur. I sincerely hope that kind of display is possible with a PS4 Slim (because that was what I bought :D )

Awful sounds - Check
Sterile, lifeless atmosphere - Check
GT Sport - Check

Thankyou PD, you've saved me $100AUD

I agree on the sounds. They sound like what the Machines think we think it would sound like if we were in the Matrix. But sterile, lifeless atmosphere? The C7.R video looked pretty excellent to me, and the first video was a very cloudy day at the Nurburgring, which is hardly the poster child for vibrant and exciting. And kudos for not buying it, I'll pick up your copy, because I know myself well enough to know I'll buy it anyway ;-)

Back