Direct-Capture GT Sport Footage: Nürburgring Nordschleife

:lol:

If I had a penny for every time I saw someone on the GTP Forums say "[insert feature] will be added later" I'd have to buy a very large wallet to hold all my pennies.

As Red said in Shawshank Prison at meal time, "Hope is a dangerous thing. Hope can drive a man insane."
But light illumination. Hello. If the trailer had it, it doesn't make sense if the final game itself won't have it. If they're all about "feel the light" as the trailer said we should be able to see the light on surfaces and in dust particles too.

Off topic: yeah Shawshank Redemption was a good movie.
Which also had a funny name in China: Excitement 1995. :lol:

I thought I'd put two videos together so people can easily compare the sounds of the LM55 between GT6 and GTS.

It's a much bigger difference than I'd initially thought. And there's some nice tailpipe rendering and louder reverb sending going on with all cars, giving a much better sense of separation (of car and listener), which is also new.

That's a videogame from 1998, just for reference. IMO, it's not as good as GTS, but it's not miles away either.

For clarity, those aren't the sounds that shipped with the game. Although that is still achieved with only one sample (those talented modders making the best of what they have, as usual).

Incidentally, Papyrus used high-res audio control much like PD do, which lends the crispness to things like revs and flybys as well as a generally fine response (e.g. through the physics interactions). Those advantages eventually found their way into iRacing and made its astounding drivetrain simulation come to life.

But that technical similarity between the two games can be heard in intangible ways, making it sound more similar than it really is (partly because very few games actually use such a scheme, so it is unfamiliar, and therefore harder to discern any nuance in the differences).

I am not impressed at the doppler sound effects in these direct capture videos. they sound broken and distorted. It almost sounds like the cars are running over a loose dropped mic that's being flipped around under their wheels on track, lol.

I'll still wait until the final game is out and hear everyone's (tire) screams about it day 1.

Happy Holidays GT Planet!

It looks more realistic than the previous videos.

Yeah yeah yeah sounds still sterille, not good enough, etc.

But i have enough commenting about that. The game looks great and i can hope they keep on improving it so they can hang with the other competitors. Better late than never.

needs more ambient noise. For something that looks flush and smooth, it feels... I dunno, flat, undramatic and anti-climactic. I know it isn't final, so I'm keeping my hopes up.

Came on GTP after half a year. Watched some very nice videos. Have read the same bashing comments(the opinion thing!!) from exatly the same people that bash Gt six months ago. Gone for another 6 months.
Happy Holidays GT Planet!
Welcome to GTPlanet.

Oh, yeah.

Hi everyone ! Very good sound improvement from the videos, in replay view the cars passes close to camera, i can hear a distinctive nice sound, more loud sound and very nice slow down notes of car engines, nice the rally surface seems 2 differents gravel and sands!! Overall super graphics and the physics seems in top level,as always this game had offered! Right direction from PD, i can say that i hoped that they put the lights effects on the asphalt a little bit better , and now they do! Next step is a smoother online playability,(i like the new sparks effect too , the cars choice seems very good !👍

I watch all this dusk gameplay and don't see the lights on the ground from the headlights, both for the tail and head. That is weird because we had night time races in GT5 and everything was ok in this regard.

Am I been too critical if I said that the wake coming from the gravel looks a bit 'last-gen'? It can be greatly improved to match the standards given by watching rally events on the TV at least. - Re-Impreza vs Evo video

The way Jordan wrote his views on his time with the demo, this will just be a fun game. yes, if PD want to focus on making the game pretty and they care so much for details, they should make all those details work in the game.

It's going to be another thing of what they can do and can't do on the PS4/Pro. Do they program long plumes of dust or snap! crackle! & pop's or illuminate the tarmac? No matter what they decide to render, many people won't get to see it until that magic tv screen is in stores. 60fps is probably the main thing we all can want to happen in this game, at release.

Am I been too critical if I said that the wake coming from the gravel looks a bit 'last-gen'? It can be greatly improved to match the standards given by watching rally events on the TV at least. - Re-Impreza vs Evo video

I dunno man, this struck me as particularly well done.

Dust and smoke (and water) are some of the hardest things to simulate realistically - I can't think of a game in any genre that does this convincingly.

Very impressed with this Rally footage.
Especially so if it's vanilla PS4 (can we confirm this at all @Jordan ?)

My take on these direct capture videos is that they are recordings of 'Demos'.
ie. Select 'Single race', pick a track, pick a car, click 'Demo' on Start screen, start recording.

Should that be the case, they could have been recorded anywhere.
So I'm not sure confirmation of which consoles were being used on the PSX floor actually proves anything.

It seems likely to me though, if you were trying to showcase your latest build, that you'ld run it on the best hardware available.

Not that I've any clue whether the 'Demo' mode necessarily runs better on the Pro than the standard console.
Nor that it is in fact 'Demo' mode either.
Just thinking out-loud really. :lol:

@Tassie_tiger The demo mode is very much real, so you're not wrong :D
IMG_7403.jpg

Also look in the right hand bottom corner, the PSX build used the PS4 Pro. @AleksandarSRB

Given that ps4 replays are 30fps and ps4 pro are at 60fps at 1980p, if I remember correctly, then all of these direct captures must be pro replays.

Given that ps4 replays are 30fps and ps4 pro are at 60fps at 1980p, if I remember correctly, then all of these direct captures must be pro replays.
Which is where I was leading to really.

A replay suggest someone was driving, and then we watched a replay.
To me these videos show only AI driven cars, hence the suggestion of Demo mode.
Essentially direct capture of 'gameplay'.
Not a 'replay' as such.

Back