Direct-Capture GT Sport Footage: Nürburgring Nordschleife

Is GTS on a par with the other console sims this Gen in the visuals department? I haven't got an XB and never bothered with any driving games this gen. But for interest I keep a small eye on the big titles. I know we really need to wait for release, but from released game footage and playable events some people might have an idea?

I just cant imagine any other console game freaking me out like the Nurburgring footage. It was so good that I almost felt sick. The trees and scenery, natural colour and balance of light, movement of cars, so natural, so frigging good that I don't believe it. Wish El Capitan was available.

Is GTS on a par with the other console sims this Gen in the visuals department? I haven't got an XB and never bothered with any driving games this gen. But for interest I keep a small eye on the big titles. I know we really need to wait for release, but from released game footage and playable events some people might have an idea?

I just cant imagine any other console game freaking me out like the Nurburgring footage. It was so good that I almost felt sick. The trees and scenery, natural colour and balance of light, movement of cars, so natural, so frigging good that I don't believe it. Wish El Capitan was available.

From what we've seen so far, I'd say it's going to have significantly more realistic graphics than anything else available for any console. Not surprising, as visuals have always been a big focus of the GT series.

Talking about something as subjective as sounds in a videogame, I don't think people have to put "In my opinion", for it to be quite obvious that they are expressing an opinion. Disagreeing is one thing, but your reaction to me having a dig at the poor sounds in GTS was comical. The Pcars and AC subforums would be quite the sight if people overreacted like that every time someone had a legitimate criticism.

Top opinions man.
If only I was as legitimate as you.

Here's an opinion:

Best visuals on any platform.

*runs and hides*

Here's an opinion:

*runs and hides*
Nice try. We know the true MVP. :P

Virtua_Racing_Deluxe_Arcade_004.png

Here's an opinion:

*runs and hides*

Pcars on PC at max settings is really the only title on any platform that GTS will have trouble beating in the visuals department, from the looks of it. On PC at max, Pcars is a very different looking game to the version we got on consoles, but if GTS can even get on par with that, it's an impressive feat, when you consider how weak even a PS4 pro is compared to the kind of high end PC you need to run Pcars at max with a respectable frame rate.

With that said, I'm struggling to think of another title that looks as good or better than what we've seen of GTS so far.

some of the cars actually sound good. Others ... not so much. They sound muted, like they are just cruising at highway speeds with silencers in their exhausts.

@CarBastard I know when you talk about the passion and how you feel but R3E has the best sound in the industry it's a bit too much expecting PDI to match that quality. There are some improvements maybe not enough for some people but at least they are trying. R3E despite being the best sounding sim is not a perfect product either. I know quite some people that had a 403 issue they are unable to use the game. It's not a perfect world, Sector3 had problems, PDI had problems, every developer in this planet had some sort of problems but everyone is trying to improve.

From what we've seen so far, I'd say it's going to have significantly more realistic graphics than anything else available for any console. Not surprising, as visuals have always been a big focus of the GT series.
After and how GT6 looked good in promotional material and looked worse than GT5 on my tv I'm personally reserving judgement on GTS graphics, positive or negative.
Nice try. We know the true MVP. :P

Virtua_Racing_Deluxe_Arcade_004.png
Looks so fake, the trees repetition breaks the immersion.
Virtua Racing. :D
70 damn quid that game was when it came out in what was it? 1993/94?

Care to join us folks in skies in the Ace Combat bit of GTP? We got cookies, and the occasional Top Gun Reference :P

Woah!!! That was a GREAT trailer, definitely gave me the chills Front Mission used to give me before they ruined it with that FPS Front Mission Evolved 🤬. I'd join ya but I don't have a PS4 yet nor I'm planning on getting one seeing where GT is headed but your invitation sure reminded me how cool people in GTP are so it's safe to say I'll see ya around! :gtpflag:

@CarBastard I know when you talk about the passion and how you feel but R3E has the best sound in the industry it's a bit too much expecting PDI to match that quality. There are some improvements maybe not enough for some people but at least they are trying. R3E despite being the best sounding sim is not a perfect product either. I know quite some people that had a 403 issue they are unable to use the game. It's not a perfect world, Sector3 had problems, PDI had problems, every developer in this planet had some sort of problems but everyone is trying to improve.

I get your point but I very much disagree with it. I don't think its expecting too much from PoDi considering the vast difference in resources, both human and financial. Sure, PoDi is "trying" but trying doesn't quite cut it. They're trying late, they aren't trying enough and they're "trying" with budget enough for "doing". Not to mention the time it took them to finally try. There is absolutely no excuse there for them. The issue you mention with R3E, for instance, is completely unrelated: it's a service flaw, not a design one. Other than that, Sector 3 seems perfectly aware of what their customers want and they deliver. Unlike PoDi who insists on giving us features and content we never asked for (Kubelwagens, Lunar joyrides, GPS gizmos for GT-Rs, the list goes on and on) or simply not delivering at all.

Just imagine if the guys at Sector 3 or Kunos had PoDi's budget, or if PoDi implemented a way of listening to feedback akin to PCars on it's formative stages. Now THAT would be a kickass racing simulator. But, alas, Kaz is too busy stroking his own ego to listen to us fans or to look around and consider the competition...

Isn't it funny how PD went from the absolutely terrible trees of GT6 to these ultra realistic, excellent looking 3D models? :lol:

I think those GT Sport videos looked freakin' awesome! It's really no surprise. Polyphony Digital has cranked out some beautiful looking stuff before, there was no reason to expect them to provide anything less...and with the processing power of the PS4 this time around? Whoa mama!

My opinion is, GT Sport is going to sell a few million copies... because Gran Turismo. While there's no reason to believe that PD haven't improved the physics of GT6, I'm surprised we haven't been hearing much about them. Will drivers still have to crank the front ride height as high as it will go to enable oversteer? God, I hope not. Will camber actually do anything on the shipping version? God, I hope so.

I think people are a little unfair towards PD and Gran Turismo in general because they were able to produce games where each version was a substantial improvement over the last...but there will come a time when developers feel they've taken that formula as far as it can go. Graphics today already produce images of cars that look damn near real. Making them look even 'realer' isn't nearly the improvement as going from PS1 to PS2, for instance.

So, I think that has a lot to do with this whole new direction of abandoning Career Mode and the Grind Away & Collect Cars game that they've released several times before. They came up with this eSports angle with the FIA Certification, blah blah blah...but it might actually be pretty freakin' cool once you get your hands on it. Ya know, people always talk about PC Sims being the mecca of virtual driving. Whether that's true or not is another subject. Well, look at what they generally use for a formula. Buy game, install game, drive the cars we included in the game either by yourself hotlapping, against the AI or go online and race your friends. Either no career mode, or laughable effort put into it. No dollars for winning bullcrap easy races. No pretending to put on a Limited Slip Diff or choosing between 3 Turbo Chargers... Just pure driving & competition.

I think that's kind of where Polyphony Digital wants to take Gran Turismo for the future. They have this FIA Certification gimmick, but it's something! People are always screaming for the products to improve and change with the times, but then they want the same ole formula. Buy lame car, win stupidly easy races, buy better car, win more lame races, buy more cars...keep grinding. Heck, people are still clamoring for old, fantasy tracks that were in Gran Turismo 3 or 4...but then they're upset that PD isn't moving into the future? What future do you want?

That's the end of my rant. I quit console racing. My name is ALB and I'm an Assetto Corsa-aholic.

The only reason that I can come up with for why the sounds are still so bad, and why they can't bring themselves to scrap the existing system of engine sound production is because they'll have to go record all new sound samples for legacy models or something. That would be a bad reason.

I'd rather them fake good engine sounds (use modified versions of a particular cars' engine sounds on various other models) than have terrible sounds based on real recordings. It will be hard to come back to this buzzing after becoming so accustomed to Assetto Corsa.

As many have said GTS looks fantastic but the sound is far from being equally impressive. It is certainly an improvement but some cars, such as the Peugeot 908 HDi FAP sound crap and, in it's current state, a backward step from GT5/6.

I am hoping we see some direct-feed footage of the Toyota TS030 though. That has been completely overlooked so far.

After and how GT6 looked good in promotional material and looked worse than GT5 on my tv I'm personally reserving judgement on GTS graphics, positive or negative.

Looks so fake, the trees repetition breaks the immersion.
70 damn quid that game was when it came out in what was it? 1993/94?
Yeah I'm sure it was £70, I remember I asked for it at Christmas and my parents damn well nearly died from the shock of seeing a price that high for a game.

It was incredible seeing 3D visuals like that for effectively the first time though...

Yeah I'm sure it was £70, I remember I asked for it at Christmas and my parents damn well nearly died from the shock of seeing a price that high for a game.

It was incredible seeing 3D visuals like that for effectively the first time though...

Did you get it as a pressie then?

£70 is amazingly high for back then. What's that now, like £100+

(Nothing on the Neo Geo though...)

And remember the first videos of what was called GT5. Unbelievably smooth and beautiful looking, PD utilizing the power of the Cell B E like nobody else...…..... but it didn't really represent what we got in either GT5 or GT6.
However we have actual replay and gameplay footage now, not just trailers. We have people playing each improving version of game code. Kaz seems still to be very happy. Tailers look incredible to me, game play footage and replays look amazing to me (absent headlights reflecting off the road as they do in the trailers).
I am believing again like in the early days of PS3, excited for a technically brilliant title.

Did you get it as a pressie then?

£70 is amazingly high for back then. What's that now, like £100+

(Nothing on the Neo Geo though...)
I did indeed. :D

(Now, I'll stop with the Off-Topic... :P )

Anyone notice that in the latest videos, the headlights seem to disappear when viewed from behind?

And to those that are complaining about the on-board sounds - when's the last time you sat in a GT3 car? How do you know what it sounds like?

When's the last time you went to a race track and listened to real cars? While obviously not many people can be drivers, a lot of people can easily have experience listening to the real thing.

How can you make such a claim? Why would you make such a claim? Comparing the sound of GT Sport to a 90's video game is insane, and a real insult if you ask me. No, they are not perfect but truth be told, they've never been better. Get off your soapbox and actually consider those around you.

That's a videogame from 1998, just for reference. IMO, it's not as good as GTS, but it's not miles away either.

Here's an opinion:

*runs and hides*

It's at least a contender. I think that Driveclub and pCARS on PC are decent options as well, but it's certainly up there.

Just imagine if the guys at Sector 3 or Kunos had PoDi's budget, or if PoDi implemented a way of listening to feedback akin to PCars on it's formative stages. Now THAT would be a kickass racing simulator
I quoted this part for convenience. Problem with Gt is you expect PDI to do everything people ask. They are more into "we have our vision of a racing/driving game". I don't know if this approach is right or wrong but that's the way it is. If you don't like it, as you know the market offer other stuff. There is nothing wrong in leaving a product for another, R3E is your new Gran Turismo you should be happy about that. Are you?

About the sim racing developers with PDI budget = "kickass racing simulators" it remains to be seen. Surely they have great ideas but they tend to use the budget argument with the community everytime they are facing technical issues as if throwing money to a monitor instantly fix bad programming. Money surely help but not as fast as they want you to believe.
More budget also means more expectations. Prolonged game breaking "service flaws" wouldn't be tollerated by a large amount of customers. Imagine if R3E is a console game right now and about 30% if the users can't play it because of some internet app not logging them in. Ask PS4 owners how happy they are with PCars not solved glitches and with SMS banning customers on their forums for pointing out issues on their platform. Ask XboxOne Assetto Corsa users how happy they feel for still not being able to use Porsche dlc pack 1 when Kunos are teasing pack 3 to Pc. See it's not a perfect world, in the end you can just choose the product that more suits your needs and hope developers don't get stuck too much on service flaws regardless their budget.

Rally videos are up. But, everytime I see Fisherman's Ranch I get sad, thinking about missed oportunity to have proper rally racing, at least rally X. Can someone please tell PD we're not in '90s anymore?

BTW, looks like GFX work is almost done, can we expect the same for sounds?

Rally videos are up. But, everytime I see Fisherman's Ranch I get sad, thinking about missed oportunity to have proper rally racing, at least rally X. Can someone please tell PD we're not in '90s anymore?

BTW, looks like GFX work is almost done, can we expect the same for sounds?
Disappointed by the lack of exhaust explosion sounds. They can sometimes sound like a gun going off so it seems ridiculous you cannot hear them.

Back