DIRT 5 DLC Coming This Year, With "Free Content for All Players"

" Codemasters has been hard at work fixing some of the game’s issues".
That sentence is to me infuriating as I can't decide which party deserves more contempt,The developer who releases these games knowing it's only the basic shell and needs work or the site reporters who praise these idiots.
This game,Amp. edition retails for $136 in OZ but is on sale for $70.

Last edited:
Bought amplified edition on sale loving it really enjoying it and the stunt park is cool too. Glad I bought it. A lot of fun. And have dirty rally 2.0 too.

That sentence is to me infuriating as I can't decide which party deserves more contempt,The developer who releases these games knowing it's only the basic shell and needs work or the site reporters who praise these idiots.
Can you see praise in there? I know that I didn't write any, and I'm pretty sure I stated not only that the game has issues but that Codies has only been fixing some of them.

I'm also pretty sure my review of the game was among the lowest scoring of the initial batch of reviews. But hey, praise, right?

Last edited:
They should add online races to the playground mode like GTA online does. Pointless on your own compared to actual racing on customised tracks.

Cant believe they STILL haven't addressed the bugs and glitches as well as frame-rate issues. Ive honestly seen more care put into indie games like Art of Rally.

Can you see praise in there? I know that I didn't write any, and I'm pretty sure I stated not only that the game has issues but that Codies has only been fixing some of them.

I'm also pretty sure my review of the game was among the lowest scoring of the initial batch of reviews. But hey, praise, right?

Id say its more then a few issues, its like CMs just rushed this out and now want to just do the minimal effort.

Last edited by a moderator:
Using the available context,The sentence is structured to provide a positive view of CM's post launch work compared to say " CodeMaster's still can't master code" which would have more negative connotations to most people.
I would argue that including the phrase "hard at work" does qualify as praise due to the social definition of this sentence.
Not picking a fight but I visit this site for information not for spin.
So often when you buy a racing sim, you aren’t just buying what the game is; you’re buying what it could be.

Last edited:
I don't know where to post it, because there is no "General Codemasters games thread" but i wonder... What will come out from Codies in 2021. We know probably F1 2021 but normally they are releasing more than one game per year. Dirt 5 was just released so I doubt it will be Dirt Rally 3.0 or another normal Dirt... Maybe there is GRID 2 or something in the works?

Not picking a fight but I visit this site for information not for spin.
You've spun it entirely yourself.

There's literally nothing I can do to stop you from reading things and interpreting them to mean whatever you want them to mean... but given this fact that I've already pointed out to you:

... believing me or GTPlanet to be spinning for CM/DIRT 5 is... pretty weird.

Just dropped on their Twitter.
EtaS3sTXcAUpQlv.jpg

It's... what this thread is about.

Yeah, noticed that moments after posting. DIRT posted it yesterday as if it was new information so I just slapped it here without re-reading the original post. But the damage is done so I'll live with it.
R29dc9f441b9aa48738484a12ec5eb5b1

Feels like being back on the NFS wiki, just without the week long bans for contesting information with a member of staff.

Back