DIRT 5: Locations and Events Revealed

Discussion in 'DiRT Series' started by GTPNewsWire, Jul 15, 2020.

1. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

imported_rik19 likes this.
  2. MSiAventador

MSiAventador

Autocomic for lunch break.
    P.S. I hope the SATURATION slider in the settings will be.

3. PSN:And-War

PSN:And-War

Troy Baker of metal gear and Nolan North what is this going to be Uncharted Gear or something do we really need voice actors other than Co-drivers.

4. FT-1

FT-1

What Co-drivers? ;)

This game will not feature traditional rally stages at launch. Think more along the lines of Motorstorm and you get a better idea of what style of offroad racing Dirt 5 is going for.

PSN:And-War likes this.
  5. guyfos

guyfos

There was a time when GTPlanet was all about simulations. Since when did this become an arcade game fan site?

6. Famine

Famine Administrator

About 2001. We've never told people what they can and can't be fans of, and if it's simulation games or arcade games - or points in-between - that's up to them.

Angelsfan14, LeGeNd-1, Scaff and 16 others like this.
  7. Darla Starch

Darla Starch Premium

You mean that arcade plebs are welcome? :crazy: /s

8. imported_rik19

imported_rik19

Looking great this, I`m feeling motorstorm pacific rift vibes, wow love that game...

Destroy321 and torque99 like this.
  9. Famine

Famine Administrator

I mean, we were founded as a GT fan site, and you know what iRacing, Assetto Corsa, and Project CARS fans say about GT's standing on the sim/arcade spectrum...

Scaff, FT-1, MagpieRacer and 2 others like this.
  10. sirjim73

sirjim73

I only have one question about this article...

What the heck does "hoves" mean :lol:

Been swallowing a thesaurus again @Famine :sly:

As for the game itself, so far what has been teased/trailed for the game sounds like its heading in the right direction to me :tup:

And, as I see it, theres little sign of having to resort to hyperbole with the early marketing. Not picking up many hints of the "it's got more modes than ever before" kind of marketing (looking at you Kaz), more it feels like Codemasters are saying "we know we've got a good thing going here and we're going to let it speak for itself"

However, good marketing does not necessarily guarantee a good game at the end of it. So, while it's a thumbs up from me so far, I'm not getting on that hype train just yet...

11. Anonanon

Anonanon

What do you mean? :gtpflag:

12. MagpieRacer

MagpieRacer Premium

I think you're in the wrong forum. RaceDepartment is thataway---->.

I was hoping Gymkhana would return, really enjoyed that in Dirt 3. Fingers crossed for some Hoonigan racing machines.

13. torque99

torque99

This is looking more and more like a fun fast addictive arcade DriveClub/Onrush 2 to me, the new locations and car modelling looks great so far. Bonus of a Photo Mode too. It is so needed on the PS4/5 as there are not many arcade racers these days. I will pick up on PC so I can tweak the overlays and textures.
    2020-07-16_081600.png

14. MrCrynox

MrCrynox

I wonder if we will be able to save replays with this version of EGO engine. That would be really nice.

15. Eunos_Cosmo

Eunos_Cosmo Premium

Impressed to see locations in Africa...it's a big beautiful place very often disregarded by video game developers (or worse, exploited). Morocco seems like a fun place to drift around.

LeGeNd-1 and Scaff like this.
  16. LarryChops

LarryChops

Does it come with ‘handling’?

17. Northstar

Northstar Premium

There does appear to be corners on the tracks, so yes.

Angelsfan14 and MrCrynox like this.
  18. LarryChops

LarryChops

Dirt 4 would like to have a word with you sir.

19. PSN:And-War

PSN:And-War

Dammm I think I will let this pass me by unless it plays really well.

20. Scaff

Scaff Staff Emeritus

My reaction to the trailer.

21. Scaff

Scaff Staff Emeritus

MrCrynox likes this.
  22. Mr Fahrenheit

Mr Fahrenheit

I'm pretty sure dirt 4 had corners too.

Angelsfan14 likes this.
  23. LeGeNd-1

LeGeNd-1 Premium

I pray that each locale has more than 2 tracks and 6 layouts that are just Forward/Reverse/First Half F/First Half R/Last Half F/Last Half R.

Also needs a DLC locale in Australia/Oceania (outback or lagoon type setting) and Antarctica (massive ice canyons with extreme blizzard conditions) to completely cover every continent :cool:

24. JoshMead

JoshMead

Great roster of locales, some of which I've yet to see in a racing game. As stated by Eunos_Cosmo, Africa is rarely covered, as is Continental Asia. The two Asian countries are what I'm probably the most excited for.

Being my favourite region in the country, I asked for the Guangxi province throughout the post-release schedule of Driveclub, so I'm ecstatic about that location in particular. As for Nepal, it could have some potentially terrifying cliffside routes, complete with distractingly beautiful views that'll have me falling off the track often. Hope to see some teasers soon.

The only country I'm a bit worried about is Italy; would be a shame to solely restrict it to a mine.