Dirt Rally 2.0 car list

I wish they categorised them by class in their post. Rally and Rallycross doesn't really give me much information. Though I'm sure the OP will help with that.

And on that seasonal content: we’ll be revealing the content for season one before the game launches!
Not really a fan of this. I want to (officially) know the launch content at launch. I'm not a fan of companies saying "Here's the DLC you can get in a month." before the game's even come out. Hints are fine. Just don't say what the content will be.

I'm slightly put off from pre-ordering the Deluxe Edition if cars that were included in DiRT 4 are re-introduced in 2.0 as DLC... Time will tell.

I wish they categorised them by class in their post. Rally and Rallycross doesn't really give me much information. Though I'm sure the OP will help with that.

Yeah I've tried to bunch the classes where possible. If you have any suggestions for any other additions to the format of the list I'll be glad to make adjustments.

Will update the list tonight to reflect the full names of the cars.

I'm disappointed that R5 is the top class again

To be fair what else could we expect? Issues with licensing WRC spec machines puts a big limit on what Codemasters can do. So why not just go all out on one of the most popular and competitive rally classes in the world instead of trying to license 1 or 2 WRC spec cars from the past 8 years.

Whilst Dirt does pretty well as a rally type game its biggest failing is the rewind during gameplay... a no in any serious game. Still haven't polayed a decent rally game since Colin McCrae although the graphics et al may have been pants.

Whilst Dirt does pretty well as a rally type game its biggest failing is the rewind during gameplay... a no in any serious game. Still haven't polayed a decent rally game since Colin McCrae although the graphics et al may have been pants.
DiRT Rally didn't have rewind. I haven't really been paying attention to the previews, so I'm not sure if 2.0 does or not. In any case, it seems silly to complain about a completely optional feature. No one is forcing you to use rewind.

Whilst Dirt does pretty well as a rally type game its biggest failing is the rewind during gameplay... a no in any serious game.

You might want to do your research before making such a claim - There hasn't been a rewind function in the DiRT series since DiRT 3, released back in 2011 (or the DiRT Showdown spinoff from 2012). DiRT Rally 2.0 won't feature rewinds either.

I’ll certainly keep an eye on this but I really want to drive the latest WRC cars. If there where real liveries and/or a livery editor I’d be more interested.

I'm hoping for a decent range of liveries for each car. A livery editor ala GTS would have been incredible.

When Dirt Rally a Rally game has more and newer official GT4 cars than GT Sport i can only laugh :lol::lol: ehem going back on topic thats a pretty decent list and the game i set on to be a really nice experiance.

Doesnt a rally game without wrc make you laugh more? :lol:

If Kylotonn happen to make a decent 8 then what are Codies going to do? Probably not keep developing stage rally games,Next game from them most likely will be a RX standalone using that expensive license.
15386_WRC_Ford-2019_2.jpg

I'm legit surprised that we don't have both of the Group B RWD cars in 2.0. I loved Opel Manta in the first one :(

If they are re-added, i sure hope it won't be a paid DLC

Not only are you incorrect about Dirt in this regard, but what is agreed as the rally title with the most complete physics package this gen (SLRE) has a rewind feature. As such I simply can't agree that its "a no in any serious game".

You can switch it off and its as if its not in place, as such its a choice to use it.

I would also argue that this gen has been one of the best for rally titles in a very long time.

If Kylotonn happen to make a decent 8 then what are Codies going to do? Probably not keep developing stage rally games,Next game from them most likely will be a RX standalone using that expensive license.
View attachment 796614

Course they will keep doing stage rally games. They went toe to toe with WRC games on ps2 and came out on top.

View attachment 796614
Why on earth would they do that?

The WRC series focus on the cars that currently race, which leave a massive hole for historic rally titles (and rally fans love a bit of nostalgia) .

Back