Dirt Rally 2.0 car list

Aren't those R5 racing machines faster than the WRC cars from the early 2000? So which makes them pretty much top level and as close to WRC as it can get without the unusable WRC license?

I find the carlist refreshing, new stuff, completer classes and covering many many periods. For me personally the DS21 is the absolute highlight together with my old favorite, the 205 T16. I probably run that DS for a while before I switch to anything else. I am absolutely stocked that car made it into the game.

^this

and more frontwheel driven cars is also a big plus.

And let's wait and see what the DLC brings.

Now off to go to order my steelbook version.

I'm new to the "DiRT" series. Last game was Colin McRae(PS1/PS2?)-Loved the crackle of the Focus at night time.

Car list is awesome.

Doesnt a rally game without wrc make you laugh more? :lol:
Not exactly at least there is a valid resson for that.

No. WRC cars are cool but wrapped up under license elsewhere .R5 cars are the top class in almost every other major championahip in the world.
This is what i don't get with licensing i always thought it worked like this they can only "lock" the latest cars under license so (2019) or the latest generation of cars (2017) and even then it dosen't make sense considering The Crew 2 includes the 2017 Citroen C3. :confused:

Last edited:
Not exactly at least there is a valid resson for that.

This what i don't get with licensing i always thought it worked like this they can only "lock" the latest cars under license so (2019) or the latest generation of cars (2017) and even then it dosen't make sense considering The Crew 2 includes the 2017 Citroen C3. :confused:

I think it has to do for which type of game they want to license it. The Crew isn't a direct competitor in the same genre for WRC, while Dirt Rally 2 is if they where able to license the WRC vehicles. FIA won't authorize their official game being put at risk when licensing directly to a competitor. It is probably also the reason why WRC8 comes with some historic models, Codies can't get their hands on this time around.

Looking forward to both titles and this year WRC8 will be bought at launch because I love WRC7 :bowdown:

I think it has to do for which type of game they want to license it. The Crew isn't a direct competitor in the same genre for WRC, while Dirt Rally 2 is if they where able to license the WRC vehicles. FIA won't authorize their official game being put at risk when licensing directly to a competitor. It is probably also the reason why WRC8 comes with some historic models, Codies can't get their hands on this time around.

Looking forward to both titles and this year WRC8 will be bought at launch because I love WRC7 :bowdown:
I can understand when you can't license some historics when these are fetuared in the game but not being able to license any car of any period if you are a direct competitor dosen't seem right to me hoever even your example dosen't make sense because then how on earth Sebastian Loeb Rally Evo licensed so many WRC cars. :confused:

I can understand when you can't license some historics when these are fetuared in the game but not being able to license any car of any period if you are a direct competitor dosen't seem right to me hoever even your example dosen't make sense because then how on earth Sebastian Loeb Rally Evo licensed so many WRC cars. :confused:

The cars in SLR Evo are linked to Sebastien Loeb himself and the other models came through the licensewizards from Milestone. I would say that some companies can get easier access to certain cars due to being on the European continent.

The cars in SLR Evo are linked to Sebastien Loeb himself and the other models came through the licensewizards from Milestone. I would say that some companies can get easier access to certain cars due to being on the European continent.
Fair enough. :)

That's your choice Scaff and obviously everyone else on this thread it seems. I however can not abide poor games and will not buy them or play them. Case closed.

That's your choice Scaff and obviously everyone else on this thread it seems. I however can not abide poor games and will not buy them or play them. Case closed.
Not that i care but your case was this
Whilst Dirt does pretty well as a rally type game its biggest failing is the rewind during gameplay... a no in any serious game. Still haven't polayed a decent rally game since Colin McCrae although the graphics et al may have been pants.
And the responces were..

DiRT Rally didn't have rewind.

You might want to do your research before making such a claim - There hasn't been a rewind function in the DiRT series since DiRT 3, released back in 2011 (or the DiRT Showdown spinoff from 2012). DiRT Rally 2.0 won't feature rewinds either.
Am i missing something here :confused:

I do wish they could have added some late 90s-2010 WRC cars. I do wonder how Forza and The Crew 2 car add year old cars but Codies can't, I'd be surprised if WRC had any power over previous years cars. The R2 and R5 cars are just a bit gutless and I don't see them being that fun, no if we could only use any car on any track.

I do wish they could have added some late 90s-2010 WRC cars. I do wonder how Forza and The Crew 2 car add year old cars but Codies can't...

My assumption is that both games are only allowed to include one car from the WRC season. Codies may be able to do the same, but it would feel quite awkward to have a single car representing the flagship class in a rally game.

Personally I don't have an issue with R5. As mentioned in a previous post, their performance specs are equal to (perhaps better than) the cars that were used in the WRC throughout the last decade.

My assumption is that both games are only allowed to include one car from the WRC season. Codies may be able to do the same, but it would feel quite awkward to have a single car representing the flagship class in a rally game.
Yep a single car wouldn't be great in that regard

Personally I don't have an issue with R5. As mentioned in a previous post, their performance specs are equal to (perhaps better than) the cars that were used in the WRC throughout the last decade.
Yep, quite agree.

Personally I'm looking forward to the 240Z and DS, rare beasts in any title, let alone rally titles.

That would make sense, GT, FM7, Assetto Corsa and The Crew only have one F1 car each from 2017 and Horizon and The Crew only have one 2017 spec WRC car. I remember in one of the old CMR games on the PS2 there was 4WD group the consisted of Group N machines and one WRC Spec Xsara and it made the group so un balanced.

When you look at Dirt Rally 1, it had an Ogier liveried Polo WRC on the cover. I can see why that would raise eyebrows with the WRC licensees. Especially when paired with the Abu Dhabi M sport Fiesta. It implies WRC without ever saying it and I'm fairly sure things were advised in the background which will stop that happening again. I've no doubt we'll get 2000s spec cars back in dlc but not the 2010s.

The Crew 2 is licensing one car and isn't competing with any rally game out there. It's the way it is and unfortunately Codemasters can't really do much more.

Regarding SLRE and milestone, that came around the same time as Dirt rally 1 and only really featured Citroen plus select others and a few of the modern ones like the Polo and I20 same as Dirt. Clearly it was a little easier to license then.

It's unlikely then that wellw see WRC spec machines of the current or recent eras in a Dirt game again unless Codemasters get the rights.

Personally I'm looking forward to the 240Z and DS, rare beasts in any title, let alone rally titles.

The 240z was featured from GT4 onward. And PC2 has it also. Luckily. I love that car. Looking forward how that fares in a rally game :)

I like the variety in DR2.

The 240z was featured from GT4 onward. And PC2 has it also. Luckily. I love that car. Looking forward how that fares in a rally game :)

I like the variety in DR2.
I think Scaff meant the rally versions of those cars..

I'm into more exotic cars I guess so it would be nice to see things like the Group B Citroen BX, Opel Manta, Ferrari 308, Porsche 911, 959 etc. I guess it's all about the licensing but a couple of others are a little glaring in their absence such as the Lancia 037 and original Mini. I guess there's always DLC.

EDIT: Whups I guess the MINI Cooper S is an original Mini? And the DS is a very cool inclusion.

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind a Mantra either, but that Opel Kadett C made me stand up. Add Camaro GTR4 and 240Z to the top of my "peaks my interest" list.

I wouldn't mind a Mantra either, but that Opel Kadett C made me stand up. Add Camaro GTR4 and 240Z to the top of my "peaks my interest" list.

I think the whole RGT class peaks my interests. Be really intriguing to see how they drive on the wet mud and gravel stages as well as the tarmac we've alreadt seen.

Slightly off-topic, but I have to admit it's a bit of a painful sight to see that a rally game has more GT4 models than we have in FM7...

Also, boo to pre-order-only Kadett C, that was my favorite H2 RWD in D4.

Slightly off-topic, but I have to admit it's a bit of a painful sight to see that a rally game has more GT4 models than we have in FM7...

Also, boo to pre-order-only Kadett C, that was my favorite H2 RWD in D4.

So true...
I do expect pre-order cars available as paid DLC later, I think this is what they said about the 911 R-GT

Back