DiRT Rally 2.0 General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 2,761 comments
I don't think it's undrivable at all. The weight of the wheel is still there.

I turn my wheel and the car barely acknowledges the turn on the screen. I have to rotate the wheel almost all the way around to get around a 1 or 2 turn. Rallycross is impossible with this and rally is frustrating.
I’m using a G29 on a PS4. I can’t find anything in settings that will fix this for me (not helped by no descriptions of settings in the options menu).
If anyone has any tips for setting up a G29 on a PS4, would be greatly appreciated.

After spending three hours with the game, i have to say, i love the music. I know this might not be the game you care about music... but damn. That music after you finished a stage is simply wonderful. Also, i would like to point out how great this game looks. I played the first game on PS4, this one in 4K on PC and it looks beautiful. Didnt expect this.

Is it possible to buy the game, jump right in it and start practising rallycross without having to be connected to racenet?

What is the content of season 2? Some of you who have the Deluxe Edition must know by now.

I know that the game came out recently and this question would be garbage... but for thoose who bought this 2.0 and also played 1.0, could tell me if there is a big change between both games? I mean in terms of physics, graphics, amount of tracks and cars, etc... I have dirt 1.0, and play with g29 wheel.

Well this has turned into a bit of a mess hasn’t it?

Racenet up and down faster than a hooker’s knickers.

People getting their careers reset due discrepancies between online and offline saves.

The majority of people really very very not happy about the need to be permanently online for a single player career mode. Which muppet working for the Codies thought this was a good idea?

Botched FFB apparently across all wheels and platforms. Seriously, was this not beta tested?

Badly played, Codemasters. Really very badly played.

I took the day off to play Dirt Rally 2.0 - I ended up playing WRC7 instead

Heads-up: On Steam multiple people report loss of progress or save due to mismatching saves between racenet and local saves.

What a major cluster thing. I will go out and buy it today, but will I be able to play it. So much for 4 days early....

People getting their careers reset due discrepancies between online and offline saves.

The majority of people really very very not happy about the need to be permanently online for a single player career mode. Which muppet working for the Codies thought this was a good idea?

Botched FFB apparently across all wheels and platforms. Seriously, was this not beta tested?

Badly played, Codemasters. Really very badly played.

I took the day off to play Dirt 2.0 - I ended up playing WRC7 instead

Bad to read this. I´m expecting to buy the game in a few weeks... but seems to continue playing dirt rally 1.0.

After spending three hours with the game, i have to say, i love the music. I know this might not be the game you care about music... but damn. That music after you finished a stage is simply wonderful.
It's nice and calming after you've stressed yourself out on a stage in Argentina :D

Badly played, Codemasters. Really

I took the day off to play Dirt Rally 2.0 - I ended up playing WRC7 instead

You might want to play the free play championship instead. This is what i did. Dont need Racenet for that.

You might want to play the free play championship instead. This is what i did. Dont need Racenet for that.

You're absolutely right, but why would I when I've had WRC7 languishing on my PS4 for the better part of a year, and discovered that it actually plays better with a wheel than DR2 does at the moment.

Just a quick note on the always online racenet issue. Hopefully they will get their server worked out and it will become a non-issue. While I don't like it, I play other games that are "always online" and rarely have a problem

The reality is that the game has been on the pirate sites for a couple days now and it hadn't even released yet. So I appreciate their desire to curb that wherever possible. While the pirates will still be able to play the game, it gives me some satisfaction that the thieves will not be able to enjoy the entire game that I paid 70 bucks for.

Just a quick note on the always online racenet issue. Hopefully they will get their server worked out and it will become a non-issue. While I don't like it, I play other games that are "always online" and rarely have a problem

The reality is that the game has been on the pirate sites for a couple days now and it hadn't even released yet. So I appreciate their desire to curb that wherever possible. While the pirates will still be able to play the game, it gives me some satisfaction that the thieves will not be able to enjoy the entire game that I paid 70 bucks for.

I am totally with you on the anti piracy. I am installing the game as I type on the ps4. Is piracy also a thing on the ps4? Never heard of it yet.

Also, when I buy legit copies of movies , I always get the message that I should not pirate it! I bought the damn thing!!!! I have to sit through 1 minute of garbage form the Dutch government while the folks who watch the pirated version can watch straight away . That makes me soooo mad.

❤️ For the steelbook

image.jpg

Pretty sure the whole first production line is “day one“. Some retailers will sell “day one“ editions many months from now. Its a rather common thing.
Thanks for the reply, that makes sense.

btw I feel I should post a disclaimed, I'm not so tight that I'm worried about saving 90 pence, just trying to find a decent price on a site with decent reviews.

Amazon waited until today to tell me that my deluxe pre order has been delayed for 2-4 weeks. Yay. Cancelled and I'll be going in to game tomorrow.

Disaster FFB in G29. I feel....NOTHING. So disappointed

I posted this in the Dirt Rally 2.0 Wheel Settings thread. This method helped me, and at least another member, but it's not a silver bullet. Quoted for reference.

Try calibrating the wheel.

When you go to the wheel settings pressing the green triangle will allow you to do the calibration.

When it asks you to turn the wheel fully don’t do that, just turn it 3/4 (270°) of a full rotation and then press X. Follow the rest of the instructions as normal. This should give you a 540° wheel which you’ll find much more responsive. Just be aware that if you really want a true sim then 540° is too small for the historic cars.

It won’t solve the lack of detail in the FFB, but it will get you driving.

I turn my wheel and the car barely acknowledges the turn on the screen. I have to rotate the wheel almost all the way around to get around a 1 or 2 turn. Rallycross is impossible with this and rally is frustrating.
I’m using a G29 on a PS4. I can’t find anything in settings that will fix this for me (not helped by no descriptions of settings in the options menu).
If anyone has any tips for setting up a G29 on a PS4, would be greatly appreciated.

That sounds like a calibration issue. Have you tried calibrating the wheel in the menu or unplugging the wheel and then replugging it in and recalibrating? The issue people are having is regarding FFB not lack of response so definitely sounds like calibration.

I know that the game came out recently and this question would be garbage... but for thoose who bought this 2.0 and also played 1.0, could tell me if there is a big change between both games? I mean in terms of physics, graphics, amount of tracks and cars, etc... I have dirt 1.0, and play with g29 wheel.
Someone who can help on this?

Latest Posts

Back