DiRT Rally 2.0 General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 2,761 comments
Someone who can help on this?

The car and track list are in this forum down the page so definitely worth checking out. I believe when I counted there were 23 new cars between DR1 and DR2.0. The stages are all new and there are 5 extra RX tracks. Physics, both car and environment have been redone from the ground up and there's a big difference in how 2.0 feels.

Graphically it's a big step up, much more glitz to the presentation I find and the stages look a lot more vibrant and alive

Yesterday I swore to myself that I wouldn't buy this game, but it looks like I bought it anyway :dopey:

Physics definitely feel better than Dirt Rally 1, although I was really disappointed with the Porsche 911. The rear end in that car never seems to have any grip.

I haven't driven many cars yet, favorite car so far has been the Skoda Fabia R5:

Took me some time to find somewhat good controller settings but the steering still feels either slow or twitchy. Had the exact same problem in Assetto Corsa :lol:. I don't remember having any problems with DR1 controller settings...

I also just jumped on the hype train of Dirt Rally 2.0. What a joy!!
Imagine me sitting with a NLR v3 platform under my butt. Bumpy ride guaranteed.
So far have not changed too much wheel/ffb settings of my CSL Elite (only 540 degrees sens). Satisfied!

A short clip of me and my co driver enjoying the view.

As written: enjoy your (Dirt Rally 2.0) weekend

How can you select night stages in free mode? I cannot see them in timetrial

I hope Codemasters will bring back the automatic detection and option for H patern with clutch or sequential options, just as in DR1. Now I have to set it myself.

The FF is different and missing the finesse from DR1. I hope that gets patched.

Both as a whole, pretty effing nice!!!

That sounds like a calibration issue. Have you tried calibrating the wheel in the menu or unplugging the wheel and then replugging it in and recalibrating? The issue people are having is regarding FFB not lack of response so definitely sounds like calibration.

I tried the game again this afternoon and the steering issue is gone! I had done a calibration and resets a few times this morning with not much luck. Did again this afternoon and works perfectly in terms of turning now!
Otherwise the wheel feels like it first did with Dirt Rally (not that great initially). I’ll do some tinkering with the FFB this weekend and hopefully will get it to a good place.
Really enjoying the game now. Stages look fantastic, co driver is excellent, and my old Mini Cooper felt great to drive.

Playing for about an hour (base PS4 with game pad), unfortunately my first impressions aren't so good. :indiff:

Physics do not feel as hardcore as DR1, they feel a lot like Dirt 4 to me, which is not necessarily a good thing. The cars dont have a whole lot weight to them and there is no "fear" in the driving. I can enter a corner too hot and still make the turn, whereas in DR1 that would he the end if it. Turning also feels light.

Also my game crashed a few times and racenet drops a lot. I compeleted the daily challenge only to get DNF after the connection dropped, despite finishing the stage and setting a time.

The co-driver is very annoying too after only an hour. Guy hangs on his G in "long" I cant stand it. :lol:

I had high expectations going in so I'm sure I will like it more as I play but right now I'm not feeling it.

I would be a little more upset with the server issues if I was actually decent at rallying. Going by my free play runs I would likely get fired from the team I owned. :lol: :(

Why the hell is everything so ****ing dark!

Raining a bit? Make it as dark as night.
Cloudy and near a tree? Make it as dark as night. Actually night? Remove all forms of ambient light what so ever.
Seriously the original DR got the balance right, this is just dark fir the sake of being moody.

They are leaving out the FOV setting on the console version again.. every time it is the same response. Something to the tune of - We feel the FOV we set is a good sense of speed and the console performance limits us from allowing adjustment. Bleh.. this title can wait then. Reading about FFB issues, connection issues, and other things.

Seen a lot of positives with the physics but those don't warrant a release day purchase for me considering other things.

They are leaving out the FOV setting on the console version again.. every time it is the same response. Something to the tune of - We feel the FOV we set is a good sense of speed and the console performance limits us from allowing adjustment. Bleh.. this title can wait then. Reading about FFB issues, connection issues, and other things.

Seen a lot of positives with the physics but those don't warrant a release day purchase for me considering other things.
Which is odd given tgat they are capable of giving the F1 series the same FOV options on console as they do on PC.

stage degradation is good and all but the random crisscross tyre tracks looks wrong in my opinion. And after I started noticing it, it is all I see now. Distracting and looks wrong.

I didn’t consider the FOV until this post reminded me; after PC2 it’s becoming more difficult to accept games that don’t offer it, though I can probably persevere.

D4 and DR1 have ok FOV, not my favorites but not the worst out there. It’s looking more and more like it’s time to go PC..

I'm sold. Been playing for about 4 hours now and haven't even moved my rig over from the PS4 so I've been playing with a controller, but physics, graphics, car models and overall gameplay are top notch. I think the car physics and tracks themselves are better than DR, but I don't know about the ffb settings people have been complaining about yet.

Oh, and Argentina will make your butt pucker. :D

Physics do not feel as hardcore as DR1, they feel a lot like Dirt 4 to me, which is not necessarily a good thing. The cars dont have a whole lot weight to them and there is no "fear" in the driving. I can enter a corner too hot and still make the turn, whereas in DR1 that would he the end if it. Turning also feels light.
I take this back. Something must have been messed up with my game as I played it as it installed. The game eventually caused my PS4 to freeze forcing me to hard reset it but when rebooted the game felt like it should, difficult physics and all. Now I am loving the game.

The game is really dark, though, so I rarely use the cockpit view. I still cant stand the co-driver.

I take this back. Something must have been messed up with my game as I played it as it installed. The game eventually caused my PS4 to freeze forcing me to hard reset it but when rebooted the game felt like it should, difficult physics and all. Now I am loving the game.

The game is really dark, though, so I rarely use the cockpit view. I still cant stand the co-driver.
Weird, as he’s one of the most iconic rally co-drivers there has ever been. I think the co-driver in this game is excellent.

We don't know. When it's announced I'm sure it will get posted here .
Thanks.

It is included in the Deluxe Edition and some of you are already playing the Deluxe Edition EA, so I thought that it was already known. Unless of course, the DLC is scheduled for later and free for the Deluxe Edition of course.

I decided not to buy Dirt rally 2.0......

Then I watched another YouTube video that turned up in my recommended list (Jimmy Broadbent) and impulse purchased the deluxe version on steam. Must say even without setting my wheel up to the PC yet I am impressed and look forward spending time on it as time permits.

Last edited:
I asked Lord Kunos to make a Rally/Rallycross sim.

shy-whistler.gif

I would be a little more upset with the server issues if I was actually decent at rallying. Going by my free play runs I would likely get fired from the team I owned. :lol: :(

Well i just got slapped in the face by AI set to 15 (very easy) at australia So dont worry, you're not the only bad rally driver here

Back