DiRT Rally 2.0 General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 2,761 comments
After doing the H2 daily challenge today, I fully understand the complaints about the game being too dark at times

Everything looks ok in rear view mirror though, I suppose I should have driven that part of the stage in reverse :lol:

I play with bonnet vieuw and even then i cant see **** haha they must fix it because i cant play this for long like this.

Driveclub was worse even with the dipped lights hah. Would have loved an automatic full beam feature in that game as long as there weren't any car in front or near that. Night races would have been epic then

After doing the H2 daily challenge today, I fully understand the complaints about the game being too dark at times

Everything looks ok in rear view mirror though, I suppose I should have driven that part of the stage in reverse :lol:

Wow, I haven’t had that happen to me yet thankfully. I haven’t tried all the stages yet, so maybe that’s why. That’s basically a night rally without headlights

With the exception of the FFB mess, I’ve had a relatively bug-free experience so far.

Hence, my biggest gripe with the game is actually the utter borefest that is the career mode. For a mode that is literally called “My Team,” it has close to zero identifying features. Sure, you have co-driver and engineer progression, but that’s marginal and more grind material than anything else. How hard could it be to at least import the same features we already knew from DiRT 4? There’s not even a livery editor, for crying out loud.

And I’m not even going to mention the disaster that is the tiered difficulty system. It’s just disappointing so far.

I’ve finally gotten to the point where my controller settings are manageable for most cars, but still having trouble with the RWD ones wanting to swap ends under braking, or even just on abrupt lift. Anyone know a way to reduce this through tuning?

With the exception of the FFB mess, I’ve had a relatively bug-free experience so far.

Hence, my biggest gripe with the game is actually the utter borefest that is the career mode. For a mode that is literally called “My Team,” it has close to zero identifying features. Sure, you have co-driver and engineer progression, but that’s marginal and more grind material than anything else. How hard could it be to at least import the same features we already knew from DiRT 4? There’s not even a livery editor, for crying out loud.

And I’m not even going to mention the disaster that is the tiered difficulty system. It’s just disappointing so far.
So is the slider difficulty system not available in career mode then? Was looking forward to that addition... i’m assuming the “masters championship” (or whatever the top tier of career mode is on d2) will be the equivalent of 100 on the slider system.

I have played most of the stages and found that only a few of them are too dark and nothing like the one posted above. I simply boost my brightness a couple notches when I see I am going to be racing one of the darker stages and back down afterwards. It is a little bit of a pain but a acceptable interim solution in my case.

I’ve finally gotten to the point where my controller settings are manageable for most cars, but still having trouble with the RWD ones wanting to swap ends under braking, or even just on abrupt lift. Anyone know a way to reduce this through tuning?

I just took the cheap route and cranked the stability assist up to 5. At least this time there is no earnings penalty, so why not. :P

Also, if you tweak the steering sensitivity on a controller to 80 (up from 40 default), you can achieve a feeling that is kinda reminiscent of DiRT 4's gamer handling.

Ok so got the game last night and been giving a real good thrash this morning...

So far (apart from the t300 settings fiasco of which many of the setting posts here helped immensely) I am very impressed indeed... what I really like most is how ‘real’ the locations feel and look.

The Spanish tarmac roads are a joy to behold, and the grip is really felt through the car.

I love all my driving games (I major on racing games on the PS4 (pro), but this is something very special... I’m glad I stumped up for the ‘deluxe edition’ I personally cannot wait for the Monaco rally to come along :)

The darkness is pretty ridiculous, had to increase my brightness on my TV. Had problems connecting to Racenet last night, bit less today, but still the odd issue. Still, I guess that will improve over time.

Yet to get the wheel out for it, but feels okay on a pad. I like the speed of the stages in Poland.

Anyone else who is on PC care to share their PC spec, game graphic settings and what FPS they are getting. I'm not getting what I would expect.

So is the slider difficulty system not available in career mode then? Was looking forward to that addition... i’m assuming the “masters championship” (or whatever the top tier of career mode is on d2) will be the equivalent of 100 on the slider system.
Nope. Took that terrible idea straight out of the original DiRT Rally, as if they hadn’t made a rally game with an actually engaging career mode in between.

Did anyone find a good setup for the T-GT feedback?
I can't really find a ballance between not feeling anything or the game trying to rip my thumbs off.

How is the overall campaign experience compared to DR?

It is literally more of the same, as mentioned in this post:

Nope. Took that terrible idea straight out of the original DiRT Rally, as if they hadn’t made a rally game with an actually engaging career mode in between.

So yeah, Codies went back to the strange decision to make you compete in Rally and Rallycross championships which become more difficult.

However, the My Team section now features the community events that were previously listed in the Online Section in DR1 and Dirt 4. You have the traditional community events alongside daily/weekly challenges which pit you against the AI. There are no monthly challenges (yet).

So I went ahead and got the deluxe version. Anyone have any idea how to start fresh? Without the bonuses I get? I didn't want the bonuses I wanted the season pass.

So I went ahead and got the deluxe version. Anyone have any idea how to start fresh? Without the bonuses I get? I didn't want the bonuses I wanted the season pass.

You can sell the cars it gives you for 0 credits. I'm not really sure how it would work after that though since you start with 0 credits and the only way you can do career races is if you own the car (unless the free play modes award credits?). :odd:

You can sell the cars it gives you for 0 credits. I'm not really sure how it would work after that though since you start with 0 credits and the only way you can do career races is if you own the car (unless the free play modes award credits?). :odd:
Did that, but the cars are still upgraded.

I just checked and there is an option to reset progress in the profile section. You could try un-installing the free car and upgrade packs than doing the reset. I would try it myself as I was wondering if it was possible, but I already said screw it and sank a bunch of time into it so I don't want to start over.

I just checked and there is an option to reset progress in the profile section. You could try un-installing the free car and upgrade packs than doing the reset. I would try it myself as I was wondering if it was possible, but I already said screw it and sank a bunch of time into it so I don't want to start over.
How do you uninstall dlc on steam?

You just have to uncheck it when viewing the game's library page.

DLC.PNG

Something that really bothers me by now is AI difficulty. Something seems off. Im not a great rally driver but the fastest AI driver set to difficulty 10 (!!) was 40 seconds (!!) faster than me in Poland. I finished 25th. See, this isnt fun. I had no accident in this rally. I was cautious and affraid, but 40 secs?! Come on. I was able to compete with the AI in the first game till the last campaign level.

Something that really bothers me by now is AI difficulty. Something seems off. Im not a great rally driver but the fastest AI driver set to difficulty 10 (!!) was 40 seconds (!!) faster than me in Poland. I finished 25th. See, this isnt fun. I had no accident in this rally. I was cautious and affraid, but 40 secs?! Come on. I was able to compete with the AI in the first game till the last campaign level.

I haven’t played any of the Rally career mode yet, only RallyCross, so I haven’t noticed above, or at least not in the time trials I’ve done.
What I have noticed was after I came first place in all 4 of the Rallycross qualifying heats for a location, I was only in 12th at the end of them. Basically I beat all A.I. in all 4 of my heats, but 11 of the 19 A.I. did better then me in all the heats I wasn’t in...
So the A.I. was ‘easy’ in the heats I participated in, but posted ‘hard’ qualifying times in the heats I wasn’t in. I found this strange.

I haven’t played any of the Rally career mode yet, only RallyCross, so I haven’t noticed above, or at least not in the time trials I’ve done.
What I have noticed was after I came first place in all 4 of the Rallycross qualifying heats for a location, I was only in 12th at the end of them. Basically I beat all A.I. in all 4 of my heats, but 11 of the 19 A.I. did better then me in all the heats I wasn’t in...
So the A.I. was ‘easy’ in the heats I participated in, but posted ‘hard’ qualifying times in the heats I wasn’t in. I found this strange.

Qualifying results are totally time based. I think after Q1 the fastest cars are grouped together.

Back