DiRT Rally 2.0 General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 2,761 comments
So they removed the drive up to the marshal when completing the stage? I thought it was left in from D4.

Actually, its still there. It was just edited out of this video.

It's still present, however not in Time Trial.

There's also an assist to help with auto-braking for the marshal however I haven't seen any potential penalty for missing the stopping point. Maybe the assist is to help people not crash and damage their car after a Stage is over.

This has to be the weirdest glitch I've encountered :scared: (happened on 2 occasions so far, the other one affected an AI car)

On the One X, the game looks fantastic and runs at 60fps for the most part, but there are some instances of screen tearing, blurry pre-race sequences and pop-in issues. It doesn't look like it was ready for release it is somewhat hampering my enjoyment of the game. :indiff:

This has to be the weirdest glitch I've encountered :scared: (happened on 2 occasions so far, the other one affected an AI car)

On the One X, the game looks fantastic and runs at 60fps for the most part, but there are some instances of screen tearing, blurry pre-race sequences and pop-in issues. It doesn't look like it was ready for release it is somewhat hampering my enjoyment of the game. :indiff:

I had the same “spinning tire forcefield” happen to me in rallycross as well (XB1X)

There are also several spots in rally stages where the co-driver audio shifts to the front and gets very loud before going back to normal. And the 205 GTI had an engine sound glitch when I test-drove it. Caused static that required me to shut down my audio receiver and switch back on.

So new in the dirt series and the last rally game i player was Many years ago,

Best starter settings in gameplay menu?

So new in the dirt series and the last rally game i player was Many years ago,

Best starter settings in gameplay menu?

Turn on the assists. For Traction Control, I wouldn't recommend using the highest setting as corner exit speeds suffer a lot.

RaceNet connectivity is becoming quite an annoyance. My internet connection is fine, but I still get prompts from time to time about failing to connect to the servers. What's really frustrating is how the prompt appeared during the weekly challenge and after pressing retry a number of times, I decided to go back to the menu and reload the event. What I didn't know is that going to the menu makes you forfeit the :censored:ing stage! :ouch:

On the bright side, I still secured a time in the Tier 2 bracket, and I'm the sort of person who finishes a stage with no headlights working. :lol: Everyone who is in Tier 4 is part of "Rage Quit" gang so if you finish the Community Weekly, you're guaranteed 170,000 credits in a few days.

Guys, I wonder if it is actually racenet related? I've been playing Dirt4 during Dirt2.0 launch and I've expérienced zero issues with racenet.

Guys, I wonder if it is actually racenet related? I've been playing Dirt4 during Dirt2.0 launch and I've expérienced zero issues with racenet.
That doesn't really indicate anything. There are many possibilities what went wrong, but that is more a debate for some sysop forum ;)

I've been pretty forgiving of the racenet issues and the dlc/season pass stuff. I even pre-ordered the deluxe version for the cars and to support CM, but the second day I own the game, before it is even released, it is telling me that I need to "buy" a car in order to participate in the daily AI challenge? That pisses me off a little bit tbh.

Edit: Meh, just part of the game I guess. I would have hoped that Codies would have set up the 1st few days of events with cars people already owned, but it is what it is.

Last edited:
It really is amazing how high you can climb on the weekly challenge leaderboards just by finishing every stage in one piece. I did the historic one and by the time I finished stage 7 I was in the 300's! :lol:

(Yes, I know a big part of that is due to early access and server issues, but even in Dirt 4 you could get a decent placement just by actually finishing all the stages)

Liking the game zo far! Iam very bad Bud having fun playing it do that's good!

What i dont like and is almost game Breaking is how dark the game is in alle weathers.... Sometimes i Just dont see where the road i must focus very hard see where iam going.

Brightness is set on max in game.

Otter people also have this problem?

PlayStation 4 Pro with a Sony 4k HDR tv.

Liking the game zo far! Iam very bad Bud having fun playing it do that's good!

What i dont like and is almost game Breaking is how dark the game is in alle weathers.... Sometimes i Just dont see where the road i must focus very hard see where iam going.

Brightness is set on max in game.

Otter people also have this problem?

PlayStation 4 Pro with a Sony 4k HDR tv.

Must be some sort of bug? Can you make a video?

Can be very difficult to see. Some section of Poland in particular.
Should be an easy fix I would think. And CM seem to be making the right noises about sorting out issues. If they can sort the ffb and the other little issues then this could be THE rally game. I was running TT's in the '95 Impreza last night and it was just an awesome experience.

After doing the H2 daily challenge today, I fully understand the complaints about the game being too dark at times

Everything looks ok in rear view mirror though, I suppose I should have driven that part of the stage in reverse :lol:

After doing the H2 daily challenge today, I fully understand the complaints about the game being too dark at times

Everything looks ok in rear view mirror though, I suppose I should have driven that part of the stage in reverse :lol:

Geez.

Never had this on my end.

Latest Posts

Back