DiRT Rally 2.0 General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 2,761 comments
As the game and first two expansions are on sale in the EU store, Does anyone know what the price of the DiRT Rally 2.0 Year Pass or the DiRT Rally 2.0 Super Deluxe Edition will be? The link on the playstation blog gets redirected to the normal Dirt 2.0 game.

And would this be the complete edition or can we expect more dlc seasons?

And would this be the complete edition or can we expect more dlc seasons?
No one outside Codemasters knows for sure (and maybe not even inside Codemasters). There have been hints that some more cars might be coming, but it's also possible that they may not appear due to licensing difficulties.

As the game and first two expansions are on sale in the EU store, Does anyone know what the price of the DiRT Rally 2.0 Year Pass or the DiRT Rally 2.0 Super Deluxe Edition will be? The link on the playstation blog gets redirected to the normal Dirt 2.0 game.
You will find out tomorrow.

Edit:
Year pass: €49,99
Season 3&4: €24,99

Last edited:
here have been hints that some more cars might be coming
We announced another one today.

http://blog.codemasters.com/grid/08/codies-racing-line-august-22-2019/

DR2_RX19_MINI_Bennett_crl.jpg

So, quick question: Are all the rally cars in Season 3 2000cc? Or is it a mix of Group A and 2000cc?

Looks like to me:

Ford and Subaru are confirmed Up to 2000cc
306 Maxi and Ibiza I think are Group A
206 and...it would probably be the Mark IV Golf Kit Car if they wanna to do two more 2000cc cars

I guess they could split the last group and do 3 Group A and 3 2000cc, but...they've not split a pair yet.

I've been having a great time on DR2.0 recently. Spending some time on car setups really makes the difference. Oh and I was super happy to see this one pop yesterday...

fireup.PNG

Not long till the platinum drops :D

So, quick question: Are all the rally cars in Season 3 2000cc? Or is it a mix of Group A and 2000cc?

Looks like to me:

Ford and Subaru are confirmed Up to 2000cc
306 Maxi and Ibiza I think are Group A
206 and...it would probably be the Mark IV Golf Kit Car if they wanna to do two more 2000cc cars

I guess they could split the last group and do 3 Group A and 3 2000cc, but...they've not split a pair yet.

Not quite. The Ford, Subaru, and 206 are all WRC cars from the same era, so they go in the "4WD Up to 2000cc" class together (which could be called the "2000s WRC" class, but licensing).

In previous games the 306 Maxi and Ibiza were in their own "F2 Kit Car" class (which could also be called FIA 2-Litre World Rally Cup class). These are FWD naturally-aspirated cars, and the new Golf is a member of this class as well. I expect they'll use the same F2 Kit Car class in this game, since it has otherwise directly copied DiRT 4's classification system.

Am I the only one disappointed that we're getting ANOTHER Subaru and Focus in 2000cc?

While neither is a personal favorite of mine, they are both very well-liked and frequently-requested cars. A lot of people have fond memories of the McRae/Burns rivalry.

Last edited:
Considering I have no hope of being on top of any leaderboards, I mainly just play to enjoy driving the cars. So having said that, I'm fine with having multiple cars from a single brand in a class.

Not quite. The Ford, Subaru, and 206 are all WRC cars from the same era, so they go in the "4WD Up to 2000cc" class together (which could be called the "2000s WRC" class, but licensing).

In previous games the 306 Maxi and Ibiza were in their own "F2 Kit Car" class (which could also be called FIA 2-Litre World Rally Cup class). These are FWD naturally-aspirated cars, and the new Golf is a member of this class as well. I expect they'll use the same F2 Kit Car class in this game, since it has otherwise directly copied DiRT 4's classification system.

Ah. I mean, I still don't think they're gonna split the final two cars, so...4 more 4WD Up to 2000cc cars, making that 8 of those...the most of any class and a new class. Fun.

While neither is a personal favorite of mine, they are both very well-liked and frequently-requested cars. A lot of people have fond memories of the McRae/Burns rivalry.

Not even slightly disappointing if you ask me, they are popular models. The more the better, too!

Cool! I am the only one! It's not that I don't appreciate the new cars. They'll be fun...but...there's other I'd rather see BEFORE doubling up on Ford and Subaru...like the Lancer Evo VIII, I believe. Or...how about he Citroen Xsara? Or the Hyundai Accent WRC? Or the Peugeot 307.

Considering I have no hope of being on top of any leaderboards, I mainly just play to enjoy driving the cars. So having said that, I'm fine with having multiple cars from a single brand in a class.
Same here more cars the better. I know that feeling of never going to win. Like real racing, with the clubs and friendship group expanding, I find I'm racing within a field against known close competition to see if I can keep up or get in front. That and enjoy getting better at handling the different cars is a fun challenge.

Ah. I mean, I still don't think they're gonna split the final two cars, so...4 more 4WD Up to 2000cc cars, making that 8 of those...the most of any class and a new class. Fun.
No, it's 3 cars in the 4WD 2000cc class, and 3 cars in the F2 Kit Car class. The 306 Maxi and SEAT Ibiza were already classified as F2 Kit Cars in previous DiRT titles, and the Golf is specifically described as "Volkswagen Golf Kitcar" on the announcement/calendar infographic thingie. That makes 3 cars for the F2 Kit Car class. The Peugeot 206 is described as "Peugeot 206 Rally" on the infographic, which is the nomenclature they use for WRC (4WD up to 2000cc) cars, because they can't actually say "WRC" due to licensing. They're splitting the final two cars whether you believe it or not.

DR2_S3_Calendar_EU.jpg

They'll be fun...but...there's other I'd rather see BEFORE doubling up on Ford and Subaru...like the Lancer Evo VIII, I believe. Or...how about he Citroen Xsara? Or the Hyundai Accent WRC? Or the Peugeot 307.

Oh I agree, I'm just saying that the McCrae/Burns cars are considered sort of iconic by many and are going to make a lot of people happy. But as long as we're wishlisting, I'd really like a Škoda 130 RS.

the-tiny-skoda-130-rs-rally-car-is-more-extreme-than-we-could-have-imagined-1476933926249-500x250.jpg

I am regular in GT SPORT scene but not got any people who set good times in dirt 2.0

If your not to shy and are a dirt fanatic add me on PSN
Max__apex (double underscore)

Cheers for the update PJ. 'Surprise no has seen coming' sweet, roll on the 3rd. What a weekend for Joona.

Did Codemasters add new events for the career mode when they released both season 1 and season 2 content?
Also, it might be too early to ask this but will the BMW M2 be usable for career?

Still don’t get e-sport events when such a microscopic number of people can actually be competitive..
It's the same for every game. People will spend many hours every day mastering every single bit of the game, so obviously every "normal" person cannot even get close to those results. There's nothing you can do about that, since there are always some people that will go to extremes.

Well, the free car for qualifying is cool because there’s really no chance of progressing any further than the first round. Even when I can finish in the top tier of a monthly D+ event.
Monthly event is not really indicative of your skill since most of the people won't even finish all stages due to damage. Getting in the top is quiet easy, if you just drive normally and finish all stages in decent time.

Well, the free car for qualifying is cool because there’s really no chance of progressing any further than the first round. Even when I can finish in the top tier of a monthly D+ event.

Still don’t get e-sport events when such a microscopic number of people can actually be competitive..
That's just how 90% of the F1 grid feel too. Doing well to go top tier in the monthly. Way easier to go fast for one stage, than to maintain consistent pace over many stages. Probably why Meeke doesn't have a championship yet. Have fun. :cheers:

Back