DiRT Rally 2.0 General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 2,761 comments
Ok i bought this guys, i got it yesterday think it looks and sounds great, took me 19 hours to get the 37 gig update..:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

The game has crashed twice now when starting a race, just goes back to the ps home page with error message.... Is it just me?, im not deleting it and trying to download that again.

The servers didn’t work correctly this weekend. You are not the only one having problems (check the Codemasters forum and a lot of people have the same issues) but those issues are about the online connectivity. Yours are about game crashing so yeah perhaps something else is the case... I would try a fresh install if I were you...You can always contact the Codemasters support team ...

Yesterday and today everything seems to be working fine for me. Let’s hope it stays that way.

Go to Store,and Download.

I have done but i didnt get any notification in the notifications screen, the game page says i have them installed but still cant find them in the game.:confused::confused:..

It says season 2, does that mean i have to play longer to get them?, ive only had the game 2 days, thought i could just buy them and use them in time trial etc etc..

20190911193306.jpg

It says season 2, does that mean i have to play longer to get them?, ive only had the game 2 days, thought i could just buy them and use them in time trial etc etc..
You are correct, they should be available in Free Play mode immediately after being purchased and installed. I'm not sure exactly where your problem is, but something is definitely not normal.

Between that and the crashes you've experienced, I do wonder if something went wrong with your installation. But that's just total speculation and it's worth exactly as much as you paid for it.

I entered the weekly rally in Greece. The second stage was dark and heavy rain. The warp speed white rain hit me again. I thought this was fixed.

I entered the weekly rally in Greece. The second stage was dark and heavy rain. The warp speed white rain hit me again. I thought this was fixed.
I thought so too, but I've seen the warp speed rain glitch a few times not long ago. So bad on Argentina once I had to quit the race.

Guys if it`s no trouble can you see how many tracks are available for you in time trial, I have 14, I have bought the 2 extra rally cross tracks and greece rally but still nothing is showing up, also the extra cars i bought are nowhere to be found...

Before i delete and reinstall is there anything else I can try?? I dont want to delete the install, I have the disc, but the update took around 20 hours to download...Is there something else I can delete, in system storage.?

If I go into my team/ events, there`s a picture of greece, If I choose that it says I need to download it, yet it says I have it installed???

So my issues are, no extra cars i bought are anywhere .

The extra rally cross tracks I bought are not there, and greece isnt either??? Never had issues like this before....

Should I just be able to use the add ons Tracks/cars in time trial?

Unless i`m doing something wrong..

thanks..

DiRT Rally 2_0_20190913144610.jpg

Here you can see 14 locations...

DiRT Rally 2_0_20190913144750.jpg

DiRT Rally 2_0_20190913144759.jpg
20190913144420.jpg

EDIT ive just been on the codemasters site, tried all the fixes, and still not showing up for me...
https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/38465-dirt-rally-20-dlc-entitlement-faq-ps4/

Last edited:
Hi guys, ive just been on to sony live chat, turns out the game i bought from amazon uk, is a non uk game, but it works, and the DLC wont because of region....unbelivable....

edit the brand new dirt 2 i bought from amazon came from a thrid party seller on amazon, but fulfilled by amazon, I never realized, so sending it back for a refund and a uk version...

No wonder the extra stuff i bought wern`t showing up, didnt even know you could play foreign disc games in a uk machine aswell....

Also i cant access the ps store from the game, so maybe that was a clue aswell that i didnt realize...

Last edited:
Hi guys, ive just been on to sony live chat, turns out the game i bought from amazon uk, is a non uk game, but it works, and the DLC wont because of region....unbelivable....

edit the brand new dirt 2 i bought from amazon came from a thrid party seller on amazon, but fulfilled by amazon, I never realized, so sending it back for a refund and a uk version...

No wonder the extra stuff i bought wern`t showing up, didnt even know you could play foreign disc games in a uk machine aswell....

Thanks for the information, it's something to bear in mind for the future for sure. What bad luck, I'm glad you got to the bottom of it, good things come to those who wait :)

Im glad aswell , had no idea, guy on live chat from sony was great, asked for the number thats on the disc, gave it and he said its not a uk disc so the dlc you bought wont work, its region locked, so gave me my money back, and amazon are refunding aswell, have ordered a replacement, will be here tomorrow, I will be checking the number on it...I was pulling my hair out, thinking why wont the extra bits i bought work...phew...at least i know now...

Im glad aswell , had no idea, guy on live chat from sony was great, asked for the number thats on the disc, gave it and he said its not a uk disc so the dlc you bought wont work, its region locked, so gave me my money back, and amazon are refunding aswell, have ordered a replacement, will be here tomorrow, I will be checking the number on it...I was pulling my hair out, thinking why wont the extra bits i bought work...phew...at least i know now...
Glad you got that sorted out. It’s certainly something to be mindful of when purchasing from Amazon. I purchase all my games digitally via the PlayStation store so it’s not something that I have to deal with thankfully.

Glad it is all sorted rik, yep you most likely need uk 'PAL' version only on uk/eu ps4. I always try to buy from original amazon not 3rd party after getting caught out on something else which i didn't realise was being sent from overseas even though it was on uk site. It is a great game, graphics are also very good on PC (4k).👍

Glad you got that sorted out. It’s certainly something to be mindful of when purchasing from Amazon. I purchase all my games digitally via the PlayStation store so it’s not something that I have to deal with thankfully.
I buy discs as usually cheaper, and if dont like I just re sell them...:), Also my download speed is rubbish, so installing from a disc is a million times quicker for me...

Glad it is all sorted rik, yep you most likely need uk 'PAL' version only on uk/eu ps4. I always try to buy from original amazon not 3rd party after getting caught out on something else which i didn't realise was being sent from overseas even though it was on uk site. It is a great game, graphics are also very good on PC (4k).👍
Yes torque I know it should be a pal disc, strange thing is its a us disc but works fine,the sony guy said the games are not region locked.. didnt even realize it wasn`t a uk version, and I never noticed it wasnt from amazon themselves it was just the usual purchase, well I thought it was...hehe oh well... Strange when I bought the DLC it didnt tell me It wouldnt work with the game I have, it just installed and said installed... hmmmm

Ok just got the uk version through the post...uk disc on left....
dirt2dd.jpg

put the disc in and oh no, it dosn`t work with the install ive already got, doing a seperate install.:scared:...and now its downloading the mammoth 36 gig update again...:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::mad::crazy:

Lots of racing games get removed from sale due to the expiration of licenses. Driveclub, DiRT 3, and every Forza game more than 5 years old come to mind. I'm not happy about it, but that doesn't mean it's not a real thing. Cars, tracks, and music all require licenses which are often granted for a limited duration. I wish car companies would make their licenses indefinite in duration, because even old games help to promote their brand, and it would give us players more opportunities to pick up titles we missed when they were new. But for whatever reason, they don't, or they ask more money for longer licenses which leads game developers to conclude they aren't worthwhile. Why would you pay more for a longer license term when 99% of a game's sales occur within the first few years?

Lots of racing games get removed from sale due to the expiration of licenses.

How does that work then with physical copies? Will the vendor knock on my door and kindly ask me to destroy the disks?

I think there's more to it then just licensing. Perhaps the space it takes on the servers? Before anyone jumps on my that that is not an issue, I can asure you that space is not infinite.

How does that work then with physical copies? Will the vendor knock on my door and kindly ask me to destroy the disks?

I think there's more to it then just licensing. Perhaps the space it takes on the servers? Before anyone jumps on my that that is not an issue, I can asure you that space is not infinite.
Licensing applies to physical copies at the time they're produced. Once a license expires, no new discs can be manufactured, but there's no limitation on buying/selling/owning the copies that already exist. Similarly, digital-only copies can typically still be re-downloaded by existing owners after they're removed from sale; license expiration only prevents new sales. Storage space isn't infinite, but it is dirt cheap. I can still reinstall DiRT 3 on Steam, or old Forza games on XBox.

Glad to get Argentina is out of the way, relatively event free. That first corner in Canada is so fast, hard to push on once you break traction.

Back