DiRT Rally 2.0 General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 2,761 comments
I actually hate it when developers do this. I remember when Project cars did it, I paid £40 for the game and about £40 for DLC. Then about after a year they released GOTY Edition for £40 so I paid double than other people. I think it's really shady for developers to do this.

Thankfully I've only paid £30 for Dirt Rally 2 almost at the platinum trying to get the ominous "Fore up that car again" trophy and have most DLC trophies even thought I haven't bought any DLC.

Does anybody know how much the Colin Mcrea DLC will be and is it Included in the season pass? Also does anybody know the rotation of the daily races so I know when it will be Group B for the trophy?

Thanks

I actually hate it when developers do this. I remember when Project cars did it, I paid £40 for the game and about £40 for DLC. Then about after a year they released GOTY Edition for £40 so I paid double than other people. I think it's really shady for developers to do this.
Oh, nonsense. You got to play the game for a year before the GOTY Ed released. Whether it's packaged as a special edition or not, it's no secret that games go on sale after a while. If you didn't like the price at release you could've chosen to wait for a sale.

Does anybody know how much the Colin Mcrea DLC will be and is it Included in the season pass?
It's included for anyone who owns ANY of the season passes (so, Season 1+2, Season 3+4, Deluxe Edition, Super Deluxe Edition, or Year 1 Pass). Those shady bastards, adding more free content to the stuff I already bought!

Also does anybody know the rotation of the daily races so I know when it will be Group B for the trophy?
As far as I know they aren't announced in advance, nor is there any regular pattern I have noticed.

Colin DLC is £8 (€/$10) if you don’t have any of the Seasons, by the way.

Dailies don’t have a specific schedule from what I know in terms of classes. I know at some point it’ll all get automated (they were set by hand for quite a while) but I don’t remember if that’s happened yet.

It's not nonsense though is it so there's no need to be rudeness like that. I didn't know they was going to release GOTY edition a year after release did I. It was because of that game primarily I always wait for price reductions now, gives me time time platinum other games too.

The same thing has happened again with this base game is what £40 plus £20 for DLC but now they're releasing all for £40. I don't mind because it's not that money I only paid £30 and have defitnrly enjoyed it and had my monies worth.

Thanks for the information but you can get lost with your attitude no need to use foul language.

Touchy xx

Oh, nonsense. You got to play the game for a year before the GOTY Ed released. Whether it's packaged as a special edition or not, it's no secret that games go on sale after a while. If you didn't like the price at release you could've chosen to wait for a sale.

It's included for anyone who owns ANY of the season passes (so, Season 1+2, Season 3+4, Deluxe Edition, Super Deluxe Edition, or Year 1 Pass). Those shady bastards, adding more free content to the stuff I already bought!

As far as I know they aren't announced in advance, nor is there any regular pattern I have noticed.

I

Colin DLC is £8 (€/$10) if you don’t have any of the Seasons, by the way.

Dailies don’t have a specific schedule from what I know in terms of classes. I know at some point it’ll all get automated (they were set by hand for quite a while) but I don’t remember if that’s happened yet.

Thank you.

And Thank you for your trophy tips seen your name on guides ok different websites etc.

Thanks for the news article GTP :gtpflag:

Here's the full-size (4K) image of the content list, incase it's hard to read for anyone:

DR2_GOTY_Content_List_PEGI.jpg

Being that it supports VR this is a game I remain interested in, but I've yet to read anything that makes it sound like they have fixed the physics and FFB. Last time I checked here with a thread on GTP the answer was still "no".

I'm on PC, so I can fix it using ini edits etc, but even those seem only to address the total force, not the fundamental problems.

So I'm asking again, did they finally fix things? Or is it still dismal in terms of physics and FFB?

Being that it supports VR this is a game I remain interested in, but I've yet to read anything that makes it sound like they have fixed the physics and FFB. Last time I checked here with a thread on GTP the answer was still "no".

I'm on PC, so I can fix it using ini edits etc, but even those seem only to address the total force, not the fundamental problems.

So I'm asking again, did they finally fix things? Or is it still dismal in terms of physics and FFB?
FFB was never "broken" to begin with.

The FFB in-game was designed to give the most accurate feeling relative to real forces on a car's steering column. This was something rally driver Ryan Champion worked hard on with the team.

The reason it feels off to some people is because you're missing the "bum in seat" forces a real car has, which most racing games compensate for by adding forces to the wheel.

Dev team heard the feedback (pun intended) loud and clear, but changing it is outside the scope of this title.

FFB was never "broken" to begin with.

The FFB in-game was designed to give the most accurate feeling relative to real forces on a car's steering column. This was something rally driver Ryan Champion worked hard on with the team.

The reason it feels off to some people is because you're missing the "bum in seat" forces a real car has, which most racing games compensate for by adding forces to the wheel.
Which was a weird decision to say the least, because in rally the violence of the persistent bumping (road feeling in other words) through the wheel should be the main forced felt, not to mention when you are racing on these new worn off road system, which should feel 2xbumpy, as well as 2x pushing your well sideways because the road is even more uneven.

This is basically why 90% of wheel users are not satisfied with dirt2 ffb, and for the first time in my life I have no choice but to say they are right indeed. This is not a game where you drive artificially assisted machines like the awful GT3 cars over pretty smooth tracks, where such decision you talk about would have been rightfully applied. Here was not.

That's awesome information thank you.

The entire season pass with all 4 seasons is only £15 on PSN and this will include Colin DLC as well? That's pretty damn good. Really got into this game and will support the developers if they support a game.

1 trophy off the the platinum and only a few DLC trophies remaining.

Can I ask you about Sunday driver trophy? I did all 4 qualifiers on AI 100 but with assists off then for the final I switched every assist off (for definite) I won the race but came 2nd in the event but didn't get the trophy. Also any tips for "Fire up that car again" I've been waiting for ages for Delta Daily Group B because I can't get into the top tier. It's a bit of Annoying and hard trophy to get tbh it's not fair someone might not be able to platinum cos of this

Thanks for the news article GTP :gtpflag:

Here's the full-size (4K) image of the content list, incase it's hard to read for anyone:

DR2_GOTY_Content_List_PEGI.jpg

Going to have to agree with pj (not that I'm a rally driver or anything) I dont want to feel what my butt would feel in the wheel, I want to feel what the wheel would feel in the wheel. If butt feeling was truly replicated in the wheel we would probably all be complaining about soar wrists within the hour.

Going to have to agree with pj (not that I'm a rally driver or anything) I dont want to feel what my butt would feel in the wheel, I want to feel what the wheel would feel in the wheel. If butt feeling was truly replicated in the wheel we would probably all be complaining about soar wrists within the hour.
Bumping is felt just as violently through the wheel when you race off road (and not that off road in rallies too) as it is through your body.

Devs decided to go the pc2 ffb style (no road feel with the exception of the nords and a couple of more tracks) with dr2, which was a gross mistake imho.

Sorry, but steering feedback is not just limited to self aligning torque, road surface does come through the wheel as well as the chassis.

IMG_7965.JPG
IMG_7964.JPG
IMG_7963.JPG
IMG_7962.JPG
IMG_7961.JPG
IMG_7960.JPG
IMG_7960.JPG
Hi,

Can anybody help me out with this....

The "Fire up that car again trophy" I've been trying for a while now and yesterday/today is the closest I've came. So in multi-platform I was 456 out of 3444 which is well within the top tier a 1/4 of 3444 is 861 so I'm well working the top tier. . Yet when I click the rewards tab and look I'm the timeline in still in tier 2, very close to Tier 1 but still 2 I don't get it.

Then I thought maybe it's because of cross platform and it dooesnt count people who DNF'd so I switched to PS4 and scrolled down the leaderboard to slowest time before the DNFs and I'm still well within that too I was 141 out of 1386 and the last recorded time without DNF was 1160 yes it still showed Tier 2.

Can anybody help/explain this is frustrating me know and the last trophy I need for the platinum.

Thanks

@Scaff ’s video is 👍👍

The only thing I liked about the original DR2.0 FFB was the weighty feel of the cars, but unfortunately the sense of surface detail and suspension activity was non-existent. Though I never had enough time to extensively test and experience the comparisons pre-patch, the only difference between driving on lightly and heavily degraded surfaces was increased levels of SAT.

What we got in the big FFB update was toned down FFB strength in order get some of that surface detail back.

And in all honesty, neither was ideal but I guess a compromise was needed.

Whats this like compered, to Dirt Rally 4.

- On the standard Xbox, the graphics are worse and seem 'blurry" at times.
- There's no "Gamer" handling model.
- No sponsors or teams in career mode.(Just staff members to hire and cars have to be bought.)

+ If you wait for the GOTY, it has more than double the amount of locations of D4. (Although there's no procedurally generated "Your stage")
+ Stages have surface degradation.

- On the standard Xbox, the graphics are worse and seem 'blurry" at times.
- There's no "Gamer" handling model.
- No sponsors or teams in career mode.(Just staff members to hire and cars have to be bought.)
PS4 Pro I have, downloading demo, so see what its like.

I would like to warn people about this company. It doesn't matter if you agree with the DLC policy or not, if you like the FFB or not, if you like the simplistic physics or not. It's a game, and it's fun. But CodeRemasters has an absolutely pathetic IT system, not to mention their penchant for releasing half-finished titles with rehashed content and missing functionality from previous titles.

Throughout DiRT Rally 1, DiRT 4 and DiRT Rally 2.0, RaceNet has suffered frequent outages. They keep getting worse. I am fed up with these shenanigans. Here is a copy of what I just posted in their forum. I am done with you guys. How is it possible that modded RBR, a fifteen year old game, has better physics, better functionality, better FFB, more content, and a more stable and much more flexible online environment is a mystery to me.

Quote:

"Nothing short of pathetic. Had two league events expiring. Both season finales where I have put a lot of effort into custom points spreadsheets and rally reports. Drivers championship on the line. Manufacturers championship on the line. Down to the wire after twelve rallies. And Clubs down all weekend. I managed to do one of the rallies late this morning (Argentine time) . Took a break, came back, and Clubs are down again. Championship decided by RaceNet failure.

This is absolutely pathetic. Goodbye, CodeRemasters. I will never purchase another product from you again. And the only reason I will not delete DiRT Rally 2.0 right now is so I can show my 370 YouTube subscribers how the new McRae DLC looks to be shaping up as a DiRT 4 Your Stage rehash, and remind them how bad the FFB is and how unreliable your infrastructure is. Yeah, it's only 370 people. I'm a small fish. But it's worth it. If I can stop one future sale I will be happy. This company is pathetic.

Thanks for ruining an entire organized championship."

20200317_021559.jpg

Throughout DiRT Rally 1, DiRT 4 and DiRT Rally 2.0, RaceNet has suffered frequent outages. They keep getting worse. I am fed up with these shenanigans.
The GOTY edition was really tempting me there for a minute but then I reminded myself of Racenet issues which I've had plenty experience of before. The fact they tied the single player career mode to always needing a connection to their servers is absolutely laughable.

MXH
The GOTY edition was really tempting me there for a minute but then I reminded myself of Racenet issues which I've had plenty experience of before. The fact they tied the single player career mode to always needing a connection to their servers is absolutely laughable.

Its absolutely disgusting tying single player championships to an internet connection. Creating big problems where there wasn't one.

Back