DiRT Rally 2.0 General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 2,761 comments
Just to reiterate. The problem existed on PS4 Pro as well. Its just carried over to PS5.

Yet its only in Dirt 2.0 that I have issues.

The shifter works fine in GT Sport and Dirt 5, on both the PS4 Pro and PS5

Last edited:
Not come across that issue myself, shoot a mail to custservice@codemasters.com :)

Just as an FYI. The customer service from Codemasters has been far from good. I received a template response telling me that certain devices are supported and that other devices might or might not work etc etc.

I responded explaining that the G29 is a supported device and both wheel and shifter worked fine until recently.

Others on Reddit are experiencing the same issue.

And interestingly in the Inputs reporting section of the menu, each of the gears is recognised as I flick through them on the H shifter. Its just not working when driving the cars.....

Game is completely useless to me at the moment and Codemasters don't really seem to care

Hmm.

Can you do me a favour and post a new thread here (assuming the issue isn't in a thread already) and tag me over there? I need it somewhere official so that it can be logged.

https://forums.codemasters.com/forum/22-dirt-rally-20-support/

I may be able to forward it directly to Dev QA to take a look; they might have a workaround for you.

That being said, we are currently aware of Logitech issues after 1.17 (mainly TRUEFORCE but others too) and are working on a small update specifically to fix this.

Last edited:
Hmm.

Can you do me a favour and post a new thread here (assuming the issue isn't in a thread already) and tag me over there? I need it somewhere official so that it can be logged.

https://forums.codemasters.com/forum/22-dirt-rally-20-support/

I may be able to forward it directly to Dev QA to take a look; they might have a workaround for you.

That being said, we are currently aware of Logitech issues after 1.17 (mainly TRUEFORCE but others too) and are working on a small update specifically to fix this.

Thanks mate. Done. Thread existed and I've added my experience to it and tagged you as requested. https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/75558-h-pattern-not-working-after-last-update/

Haven't fired up dr2 in a while from moving etc, will probably try it a little later today, hope i dont have any issues after reading here..
Will report if do on that support tread.

Glad our contact here is still taking care of us. I noticed @PJTierney that you still make informational/usefull/ fun videos for dr2, good to see.

***edit: just did try it now, no issues on ps4 at least that i can see for now. There is an update 1.28 i think it is, but no storage space so it didnt apply it.
I wonder if i should stop it from updating.

This game for me on my g29 in cockpit view, whew, so immersive and real.
Lots momentum, inertia feel, love it. A good real feeling challenge.

Edit2: been playing a little more dr2, as i said it had been a little while.
But my god, this game lol, one of the very few that makes me giggle like schoolgirls hehe, assetto corsa also does that.

I have a hard time staying focused even by the end of the stage haha, giggling..
Tried the stratos, which i don't like much in other rally games, feeling too light like made of cardboard.
Tried in muddy Argentine, then on more regular gravel of Finland, so good, fun, believable.

The ffb for me at least, is one of the most natural ones; and can feel even smaller dips and bumps, ruts, slides, lateral forces, weight shift etc.

I feel its a jewel, as much now as ever, and not the bit regret to have bought all dlc separately, even if it ended up costing more.
And im a considerate spender, that's for sure, having limited available budget.

Most surfaces, conditions, every car feel great, different, believable and a fun challenge. Plus the sound of course, the look and optimization even on std ps4.

Anyway hehe, just felt to express my joy and satisfaction for dr2.

Oups, also the replays, ..the heli cam is pretty good too.
Oh also i always play no assists, just as info on my perspective.

The collisions physics are pretty good too, and how you can still maneuver believably out of the road, and/or stuck, and try get back on it. You can even decide to forfeit if you can't to make it even more real.
Cheers guys.

Last edited:
That last post got me so keen to get back into it!

Highly, highly disappointed to load up today's update and see that the Logitech H shifter issue hasn't been fixed.

Still broken, just like before.

Seriously. What. The. Actual?!

That last post got me so keen to get back into it!

Highly, highly disappointed to load up today's update and see that the Logitech H shifter issue hasn't been fixed.

Still broken, just like before.

Seriously. What. The. Actual?!

Is it the same problem on ps4?
I had the latest patch before this one stopped from applying cause of lack of space.
Ill make sure it doesn't apply it then if it causes an issue with the shifter. Says its the final update too, on that steam page from post up.

I can't say. I'm on PS5 now.

I first noticed the issue on PS4 Pro 3 weeks ago and then I was disappointed to see that it was the same on PS5. And now it remains unfixed.

I hadn't played for a month or two when I noticed the issue a few weeks ago, so it was introduced in one of the updates prior to today's.

If you have a Logitech shifter and its working ok, I'd suggest not updating until this is fixed. The game is unplayable for me now. I don't like using paddles to shift in this game.

Hmm, I’ll ask what’s up.
It's a massive update for what's in the patch notes as well, any idea why, as 14 gig on PC for some liveries and a sound bank seems overkill.

I got it for the last one as the track needed to be completely reloaded, but this just seems bonkers for the changes in question.

It's a massive update for what's in the patch notes as well, any idea why, as 14 gig on PC for some liveries and a sound bank seems overkill.

I got it for the last one as the track needed to be completely reloaded, but this just seems bonkers for the changes in question.
I asked and it's a side-effect of the way the game's files are structured. If you change any part of an asset the entire asset must be republished.

From what people were saying on Steam the entire [cars] folder got updated, which leads me to believe that work was done on every car in order to accommodate TRUEFORCE.

I asked and it's a side-effect of the way the game's files are structured. If you change any part of an asset the entire asset must be republished.

From what people were saying on Steam the entire [cars] folder got updated, which leads me to believe that work was done on every car in order to accommodate TRUEFORCE.
Thanks, makes sense

I can't say. I'm on PS5 now.

I first noticed the issue on PS4 Pro 3 weeks ago and then I was disappointed to see that it was the same on PS5. And now it remains unfixed.

I hadn't played for a month or two when I noticed the issue a few weeks ago, so it was introduced in one of the updates prior to today's.

If you have a Logitech shifter and its working ok, I'd suggest not updating until this is fixed. The game is unplayable for me now. I don't like using paddles to shift in this game.

Regular PS4 owner here. Went into free roam and H-Pattern seems to still work just fine for me.

One thing I am curious about: Have you gone into settings and set the transmission back to "Manual H-Pattern"? Two updates ago, the game for some reason reverted it back to "Manual Sequential" so I had to go and set it back myself.

Last edited:
Regular PS4 owner here. Went into free roam and H-Pattern seems to still work just fine for me.

One thing I am curious about: Have you gone into settings and set the transmission back to "Manual H-Pattern"? Two updates ago, the game for some reason reverted it back to "Manual Sequential" so I had to go and set it back myself.

Yeah I've done that. Tried all the gear change options. Sequential with paddles works fine. None of the h shift options work at all.

Do you have the Logitech Driving Force Shifter? That's the one with the issues...

It is curious that you don't experience any issue at all and that this issue isn't particularly widely reported. Its still obviously a glaring bug but it makes me wonder whether it is contingent on one or more specific settings configurations that I and a few others have, and that you don't. Very frustrating. I just wanna be able to play this game again.

Yeah I've done that. Tried all the gear change options. Sequential with paddles works fine. None of the h shift options work at all.

Do you have the Logitech Driving Force Shifter? That's the one with the issues...

Yep, that's the exact one I got alongside my G29 for Christmas in 2017

well, I've transferred dirt 2.0 to extended storage drive (from PS5 SSD) and I'm gonna try load it up on the PS4 and see what happens. I expect it'll be same issue.

Then I'd like to try using game on the PS4 as though it was new. Default settings etc, to see what happens.

What's the easiest way of starting off fresh without losing/impacting my current save data? Do I just create a new profile on the PS4 for a new person and start the game up from that profile?

well, I've transferred dirt 2.0 to extended storage drive (from PS5 SSD) and I'm gonna try load it up on the PS4 and see what happens. I expect it'll be same issue.

Then I'd like to try using game on the PS4 as though it was new. Default settings etc, to see what happens.

What's the easiest way of starting off fresh without losing/impacting my current save data? Do I just create a new profile on the PS4 for a new person and start the game up from that profile?

Why not try deleting the game and reinstalling from scratch ? Your save go will be unaffected. This will probably fix it as it does seem to be a problem almost isolated to you.. ?

Last edited:
Well. This problem has now been solved. The problem lay in the fact that the gear bindings had been deleted (by one of the recent updates I assume). I had to manually map each gear on the Input Bindings tab and now its working fine. I don't remember ever having to do that when I got the G29 and its very strange that the bindings randomly got nuked. Anyway, we're back in business. @PJTierney thanks for assisting.

Well. This problem has now been solved. The problem lay in the fact that the gear bindings had been deleted (by one of the recent updates I assume). I had to manually map each gear on the Input Bindings tab and now its working fine. I don't remember ever having to do that when I got the G29 and its very strange that the bindings randomly got nuked. Anyway, we're back in business. @PJTierney thanks for assisting.

Relieved for that.

Is there any progress on (or future possibility of) decrypting the DLC cars for custom livery usage? I really hate the idea of having to replace a vanilla car to use modded liveries on a DLC car. I asked first on Codies forums, now I'm asking here because I believe this space is more modder-friendly based on my experience on the Assetto Corsa subforum.

Back