DiRT Rally 2.0 Hands-On Preview: Magical Stage Design, Tarmac Physics Need Work

In a nutshell

• Unfinished game sold for gold price!
  • To light on content (should have €30 pricetag and not €50)
  • DLC policy where Codies wants to get money (read milk their customer)
  • Excellent driving and sensation
  • Co-pilot in French not that great
  • Sounds are excellent
  • Great to play and fun
  • General graphics and textures aren't up to standard
  • Adviced to get on a sale

I agree on lack of content if we look to rally and rx as different silos. Otherwise is normal.

I disagree on the graphic, It Is ok.
He said "A friend". He didn't mention anything about the press.

Oh, now I get it. Your friend is a time traveller.

:D

Ahaha yes, he lives in the hollow earth.
From ebay but i don't believe him must Be from a physical store stock.

The only annoying thing is the italian voice of the codriver. I am pretty aure he his the guy giving the voice to goku in dragon ball on the Italian TV. Terrible.

Last edited:
^ I guess I will :)

New Zeland is quite twisty, a lot more than what you can judge from the videos. Spain has a really nice racing track flow but if you loose momentum is very tricky and narrow.

However Greece and Wales from dirt 1(i skipped dirt4) were way harder than the stages i tried here. In dirt 2 they are pretty flat, no continuos bumbs. So It is super easy compared to the first one. Also It helps a lot that the wheel works way better. However we will get both as DLC in the future and i hope finland too.

Last edited:
Looking all great and such but a bit of a shame that just like in DR Codemasters have not done the emblem on the center of the steering wheel correct. The highlight part of the BMW logo moves with the wheel. It really shouldn't.

I noticed this in DR when use the Manta for the past few days. Not a game breaking thing, but since the rest of the interiors are done so nice, it chatches my eye.

New Zeland is quite twisty, a lot more than what you can judge from the videos. Spain has a really nice racing track flow but if you loose momentum is very tricky and narrow.

However Greece and Wales from dirt 1(i skipped dirt4) were way harder than the stages i tried here. In dirt 2 they are pretty flat, no continuos bumbs. So It is super easy compared to the first one. Also It helps a lot that the wheel works way better. However we will get both as DLC in the future and i hope finland too.

As infuriating as these are and the amount of times the continuous bumps have caught me out it's kind of what made the stages in DR1 so fun and challenging, I hope this is not the case with all locations :/

Greece and Wales haven't been confirmed yet as DLC, not?
On the official forum they are reporting interviews stating "recorded pacenotes for 12 rallies". After the first dlc announcement i assume we will get the remaining rallies upgraded. If the actual dlc seasons produce dividends for codemaster. Otherwise we will get nothing.

On the official forum they are reporting interviews stating "recorded pacenotes for 12 rallies". After the first dlc announcement i assume we will get the remaining rallies upgraded. If the actual dlc seasons produce dividends for codemaster. Otherwise we will get nothing.

If we don't get Season 3 and 4 , they will sell you that as new content for thé next Dirt ;)

Still I hope all stuff will be released and nothing will be hold back. Just think that for Season 1 and 2 you pay €30 to €40. Add Season 3 and 4 to it and you have a ridiculous price for a game that doesn't excelle in content even with the seasons. WRC8 comes with 14 locations, 100+ stages and this for €60.

Last edited:
If we don't get Season 3 and 4 , they will sell you that as new content for thé next Dirt ;)

Still I hope all stuff will be released and nothing will be hold back. Just think that for Season 1 and 2 you pay €30 to €40. Add Season 3 and 4 to it and you have a ridiculous price for a game that doesn't excelle in content even with the seasons. WRC8 comes with 14 locations, 100+ stages and this for €60.

Yes, personally however i will buy only the extra rallies from the DLCs, couldn't care less about cars or RX. They said you will be able to buy each piece iindividually. This under the general condition that rallies are integrated in the offline experience. I mean if career mode is limited to disc content i won't buy anything.

I hope that season 1 & 2 is not a package you have to get them simultaneously when you buy the standard edition and want one of the two DLC's.

Yes it’s looking that way isn’t it : (
If all 6 dlc locations and just from the first hane then that is an utter joke. Having to pay for the stuff... you couldn’t make it up.

Just watched the Poland video on the previous page and it' a bit disappointing. He made some mistakes in that run that should have meant rally over but he didn't even seem to lose any time.

Back