Dirt Rally 3.0 - Coming or not ?

• Thread starter Tool1312
  • 6 comments
If it comes then realistically it needs to be in the next 2-3 months. I don't think it'll happen, would be a nice surprise if it does as DR2 is one of my favorite all time games.

The other problem would be what they could do with it ahead of a full fledged WRC game. The risk is that it would just end up being a buffed DR2 with a few new cars and 1 or 2 countries. Would potentially take away from the impact of their first WRC game.

What I think has happened is DR3 was real, and would have released this year, but after seeing what Kylotonn did with WRC10 and all its additional content outside the WRC stuff, Codies decided to push what would have been DR3 and condense/integrate it into their WRC game to buff the content. Potentially meaning WRC 23 will be the biggest rally game of all time.

WRC Generations will have 22 full rallies. I don't see EA's first WRC title topping that. Maybe later in the series.
Some of which will be horrifically outdated compared to the later modelled rallies. It also won't matter if they can't all be used in championships or career modes. Plus if Codemasters threw their old rallies at the WRC 23 title, based on the 2022 calendar it would have 20 or so rallies anyway.

Some of which will be horrifically outdated compared to the later modelled rallies. It also won't matter if they can't all be used in championships or career modes. Plus if Codemasters threw their old rallies at the WRC 23 title, based on the 2022 calendar it would have 20 or so rallies anyway.

I doubt contract/promotional restraints would allow past rallies into the current career mode unless some kind of multi-year progression could be agreed with WRC Promotor. The 2022 calendar is the game. Everything else is extra. It will be great for leagues, though.

All of the old content in WRCG is being remastered (new graphics, not new stages) so that they don't look horribly outdated.

And even if EA does add old content as filler to get the rally count up to 20 they will also have some work to do so that it doesn't look horribly outdated.

BTW, isn't EA using Unreal for the WRC game? That could make porting over older content a bit more difficult.

There's some rumors about the new WRC 23 game

It'll have an in depth car building system as well as cosmetic customization. Although I assume it'll be similar to the tree system in the F1 games.

One huge aspect of this year’s game will be the ability to build your own rally car. An in-game currency system will be the driving force of your build. In fact, one source had said that the customization in the game will be somewhat as in-depth as this YouTube video uploaded by the FIA WRC.

It’s understood that all aspects of your rally car can be built from the ground up, starting with your drivetrain where you can pick a front, mid, or rear-engined drive.

From there, your engine, differential, gearbox, clutch, radiator, suspension, brakes, and exhaust can all be bought. Prices of the items will depend on the condition of the parts, with used and worn parts costing far less than brand-new ones.

The car’s cosmetic customization is also as in-depth too, with players being able to pick everything they can think of from big to small. A few examples of external customization pieces include; the front bumper, rear bumper, wheels, mudguards, and even bonnet pins.

Internal customization is just as in-depth too, with players able to customize everything from the steering wheel and digital display, to the seatbelt design and roll cage color.

Players will be able to build multiple builds of cars and able to test drive the built car and swap parts if needed before confirming the build.

It’s understood that WRC has been built on the foundations of the canceled DiRT title that was meant to release sometime soon, with the idea being to save time and money based on both games’ similarities.

Back