DiRT Rally Setup Sharing Thread

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 38 comments
Any tips for suspention tuning to make the car more stable on jumps and bumps on tracks like Finland?
All I can offer is soft as possible for the suspension as for the damping part for a fairly soft value for bump absorption, though I'm a self-confessed amateur at tuning values, so be warned! I will say that the accepted approach to the big bumps is to brake just before the launch, and that will stop your car's nose from lifting too much and becoming unpredictable upon landing.

Last edited:
All I can offer is soft as possible for the suspension as for the damping part for a fairly soft value for bump absorption, though I'm a self-confessed amateur at tuning values, so be warned! I will say that the accepted approach to the big bumps is to brake just before the launch, and that will stop your car's node from lifting too much and becoming unpredictable upon landing.

Tried yesterday too soften the suspension and stiff the dampers, was much better on bumps, and still responsive with stiffer dampers,worked pretty well on Finland and Wales. I often find it hard too setup a car, but slowly getting better :) In most driving games, I just like too drive the car stock, but in dirt I finaly find it fun too play around with tuning

On PS4 using a Logitech G29.

I could really use some wheel help. I cannot for the life of me figure out what is going on with my wheel in this game. It just feels off. Minimal FFB and what seems like a huge dead zone. Between 10 and 2 is very little life. Then once I pass those sweet spots I get immediate response. Sometimes not to the greatest of results. ( read- violent crashes)

Would someone be kind enough to offer a suggestion to help dial out the dead zone? Can it be dialed out? I can live with the minimal FFB.

Thanks gents. Cheers,
Boston77

isnt there anyone who can give us a total setup for all cars like in steam. i am not a engineer lol but love driving games.

Yeah it sucks no steam member would take the time to screenshot a few setups, it sounds daunting :rolleyes:.
Maybe they're afraid their tune will not be to anothers liking or randoms will constantly be asking for more.
Sorry nothing ever sprouted from the threads here or on Codies forum PJ, id sure like to see some as well. RX can be a kick in the nards. I've tried the one on op but still a bit twitchy for my taste

Be great to have a PS4 database, like someone setup for PCars. Wishful thinking @ this stage.

isnt there anyone who can give us a total setup for all cars like in steam. i am not a engineer lol but love driving games.
I have tried to use set-ups that have been recommended by others, and hated them. It's not a case of tweaking the sliders and suddenly going faster - you have to understand how you get speed, and tailor the set-up to get the most out of it.

Back