DiRT Rally Thread

Good to hear the Group A and B cars have been updated, especially Group A as those cars didn't feel very nice to drive.

Pros:
+They mention louder co-driver calls (something I still have an issue with despite turning other volumes down by 30-40% sometimes)
+Manual controls over wipers and lights. Lights will help on some dark forest bits depending on the time of day...this is a plus.
+Improved handling I guess on some of the cars?

Still moving in the right direction. The added cars aren't too shabby either.

The Winter Wonderland pack (with Sweden and more modern vehicles) will be released alongside DiRT Rally's transition from Early Access to being a 'complete' title. So in about a month.

Will be driving this tomorrow for a review on Wednesday, looks like another step in the right direction for DiRT here; I always felt that the Rallycross update was a step forwards in gameplay but backwards in functionality. This here looks good. Just waiting for the changelog to see what is what. Looks like Winter Wonderland is due at the end of this month so that should be good fun too. They just need to fix up a few bits here and there and I would happily (though a little cautiously too) call this a Simulator.

Never noticed before, but the logo for the Impreza rally car (bug eye model) is lower on the grille and attached to the bumper below. Maybe so it doesn't block the air intake (like the hollow bow tie logo for Camaro Z/28)?

Anyone has experience with the V2 handling? Haven't played Dirt in a long while so i would like to hear some impressions if possible.

Anyone has experience with the V2 handling? Haven't played Dirt in a long while so i would like to hear some impressions if possible.

Is the Impreza hatch not being released anymore?
hopped on earlier in new cars are fun especially the the r4 class. at the moment the evos feels easier to drive. both however are fun and fall nicely in between group A and the 2000s class in terms of performance. they're both quick in a straight line but less grippy in the corners which makes the challenge for these cars.

in terms of v2 physics the cars feel more dynamic now due to the reduction in down force and the tweaking of other factors. its an improvement but you will not have to relearn the car. as a result the group B cars are a bit more of a handful. overall its another step in the right direction.

I put in a few runs last night (nothing new used). Sadly the lamps are useless where I'd want them (was hoping they'd brighten up some of the dark forest areas which are a bit hard to see sometimes). I may just have to adjust the brightness of my monitor instead!

The missing umlauts in some of the Finland stage names had better be fixed before release. As a kid it always annoyed me that Colin McRae Rally 2.0 misspelled the name of my hometown Kuopio as Kupio, so the prospect of Codemasters releasing a game with misspelled Finnish place names fifteen years later is absolutely unacceptable to me :irked: :sly:

The missing umlauts in some of the Finland stage names had better be fixed before release. As a kid it always annoyed me that Colin McRae Rally 2.0 misspelled the name of my hometown Kuopio as Kupio, so the prospect of Codemasters releasing a game with misspelled Finnish place names fifteen years later is absolutely unacceptable to me :irked: :sly:
Better point that out over at the codies forum ;)

Better point that out over at the codies forum ;)

I know there were a lot of people pointing it out in the game's Steam forums right after the Flying Finland update was released, so I thought Codies would have been aware of the issue by now. But I might just have to make a new report on their own forums since it wasn't fixed in the Modern Masters update.

Talking about "super secret cars":

seems like we get DLC´s after Release? :)

Talking about cars for winter wonderland:

Newer than Focus 07 and C4.... Would fit with the i20 I mentioned .....

The WRC 2010 class needs at least one more car.. Let's say the DS3 is a problem, we should still be able to get the Polo and i20 hopefully.

The other stuff which I'd love to see is other modern classes like the R1-R3 and R5, plus some modern hillclimb monsters of course.
And if you look back at the original planned car list, they will hopefully fill out a few of the older classes with an extra car or two. If they were able to source one to model and secure a license.

Back