DIRTY ENDURANCE RACING LEAGUE (DERL)

• Thread starter JKRACING23
  • 5,290 comments
430pp FF Germany Cape ring inside
520pp 1250kg UK TVR Land Rover Aston Martin Jaguar track vote
550pp Standard E46 M3 (no GTR or CSL) track vote
570pp Amuse track vote

You'll like the first half of this video Cali.

Last edited:
You'll like the first half of this video Cali.
Nice. I love the quote at 3:27. "it's quite rattly". They are stupid loud inside from the factory. You can hear every piece of grit on the road. I spent a ton of time doing sound deadening while swapping out the seats, speakers in the doors and changing out the rear hatch, and it's still loud inside
The difference between mine and the video is I had to build mine out of 2 different cars and a pile of imported JDM parts since they were never sold in the U.S.

[/QUOTE] These should be DLC's, GT needs more wagons![/QUOTE]

I've been saying they need one in the game since GT4. Even more so since I started building mine in 2014.

who needs sound detaining. Weight reduction bro.:D
There's not much weight to take out. It's 2960lbs (1345kg) from the factory and mine sits @2810 (1277kg) with a half tank of fuel.
Forget reducing weight, just add power :crazy:
IMG_2209.jpg

Also who needs a nice interior when you've got a blue and gold subaru with a subaru 4WD system and a turbocharged boxer engine.:cheers: Sounds pretty good to me. I love the inter cooler on subarus with the big STI written on them.

Nice motor work Cali. I would post mine but I dont have anything compared to that.
motorwork2.jpg

don't laugh, its not much

Last edited:
Nice motor work Cali. I would post mine but I dont have anything compared to that.
don't laugh, its not much
There are a lot of differences there from a stock Forester XT. I think the Coolant reservoir, secondary expansion chamber, windshield washer reservoir, the fuse box behind the battery and a few hoses are about all that's stock in there. The motor and everything bolted to it, complete fuel delivery system, the turbo and full exhaust are all upgrades and then the addition of the turbo inlet, relocated brake master cylinder, added clutch master cylinder, CAI, Oil pressure sender and the catch cans fill in the gaps around the motor and the GrimmSpeed alternator shroud (these are way too expensive and I'd never actually buy one. I got this one as a demo at a show) dress it out nicely. The only things I wish I would have done were powder coat the top of the New Radiator before install and bought a fresh coolant reservoir (I hate the yellowish one).

At least you don't have a hot air intake like most jabronies out there (I have no idea why people think taking an airbox that pulls cold air from the fender and replacing it with a cone filter pulling hot air from the engine bay is a good idea). Just getting a high flow filter and/or cutting out some baffles would be much better than wasting your money on an SRI, yet literally millions of people buy them every year.
Is that strut tower bar aluminum? Or is it just shiny? Are all the hoses Samco? I couldn't find a name brand blue coolant return hose and didn't want to buy generic ones. Although not visibly, all My intercooler piping is blue Samco
P.S.
I'm on my new internet. Just did a speed test:
21.4 down, 5.6 Up. That's only 7.13 times faster down and 6.59 times faster up than the garbage I had. Hopefully my connection problems are over.

Built not bought for the win.

How the hell did you get away with spending 30k on a car you wife cant drive?

Wow thats a big upgrade.

I wish I could post a picture of my own car.:grumpy: Give me time.

Is that strut tower bar aluminum? Or is it just shiny? Are all the hoses Samco? I couldn't find a name brand blue coolant return hose and didn't want to buy generic ones. Although not visibly, all My intercooler piping is blue Samco

Yeah the strut bar is aluminum, its by Vibrant, and the hoses are OBX, same with the header. I pretty much clean the engine bay when I wash the car so it stays pretty clean. Injen cold air intake with K&N filter.

Bike.jpg

this my other ride

Last edited:
Yeah the strut bar is aluminum, its by Vibrant, and the hoses are OBX, same with the header. I pretty much clean the engine bay when I wash the car so it stays pretty clean. Injen cold air intake with K&N filter.
I love the look of polished stainless headers, but I couldn't justify the expense since you can't see them. I got a good deal on a set of JDM GT spec equal length headers, so that's what I used.
this my other ride
I have a few of those too, although most are my wifes.
This is my Sette ace that I custom built to handle my weight, I'd love to go to a full carbon mountain bike but I just don't trust them completely, nor can I justify the expense.
IMG_2210.JPG

This is my everyday road bike.
It's a Cervelo S2, 7800 Ultegra build w/ a fw upgrades
IMG_2213.JPG

My wife's road bikes:
From left to right, Cannondale Synapse Carbon, Dura-Ace/FSA buil, her Jamis Xenith Race, full Dura-Ace, and her Cannondale R600 aluminum that I did a downtube conversion on.
IMG_2211.JPG

And her race bike, a Quintana Roo CD.01 Dura-Ace build w/ added Sram Red cranks and rings and a full Quarq PM setup. She usually runs it w/ a Sram S80 wheelset on raceday. (in the background on the left in my S2 photo)
IMG_2215.JPG

Results will be up shortly. Any race Ideas R won the night by 1 point over ER.

Attachments

• DERL SEASON 8.pdf
    288.8 KB · Views: 21
Races for this week in this order (None of these are R's cause he didnt give me one and he was online today)
440pp Toyota AE86 Corolla/ sprinter trueno (1983 and 2000) tsukuba
635pp Tomahawks track vote (minimum basically)
550pp 4WD Germany Street and real so NO CONCEPTS (Nuvolari, Le mans quattro (R8 concept), or pikes peak) track vote
580pp Street and real corvettes so no test proto track vote

Races for this week in this order (None of these are R's cause he didnt give me one and he was online today)
635pp Tomahawks track vote (minimum basically)

Really? what's the point? Power limiter @ 50% and over 100kg of weight. It pushes the P/W ratio up higher than a crappy LMP. Can we not do this at at least 650, if not 670-700pp?

Really? what's the point? Power limiter @ 50% and over 100kg of weight. It pushes the P/W ratio up higher than a crappy LMP. Can we not do this at at least 650, if not 670-700pp?
I guess you'll not respond all week and then do a Cards and play stupid tomorrow and say something like "Oh man, I didn't even see your post until today" when you were on here last night.

I wanted to try the tomahawk on a low PP cause its not an easy car to drive so making it slow hopefully wont scare too many people away.

I wanted to try the tomahawk on a low PP cause its not an easy car to drive so making it slow hopefully wont scare too many people away.

That's logical.:confused:. So we're OK to race LMPs at 710pp, but a car that has better aero and better brakes we need to push all the way down to 635 so no one will be challanged by it?
Maybe we should have done the R8 race at 550 instead of 630 since they're hard to drive. Next time we do a Nascar race make sure we drop that down to 550pp as well, since they're hard to drive and all. Definitely don't forget about LMPs, They're tough too, so we better not take any of them above 580pp ever again. Same for any of the GT classes. You know what, let's just say any race car is limited to 550pp maximum. Maybe we can get a RedBull race in while we're at it. I'm thinking 525pp should work.
Since we don't want to drive a challenging car, here's a thought. Let's just run every race at Daytona, Indy, or the Motegi ring. We wouldn't want anybody to be challenged by a difficult track either.
Wait, I got it. New league rules:
400PP maximum, no weather, everyone must run Traction Control and we do the same 4 tracks every week. Daytona, Indy, Route X and Twin Ring SS.
That way we won't go too fast or make it too difficult for anyone.
Sign me up!:D

That's logical.:confused:. So we're OK to race LMPs at 710pp, but a car that has better aero and better brakes we need to push all the way down to 635 so no one will be challanged by it?
Maybe we should have done the R8 race at 550 instead of 630 since they're hard to drive. Next time we do a Nascar race make sure we drop that down to 550pp as well, since they're hard to drive and all. Definitely don't forget about LMPs, They're tough too, so we better not take any of them above 580pp ever again. Same for any of the GT classes. You know what, let's just say any race car is limited to 550pp maximum. Maybe we can get a RedBull race in while we're at it. I'm thinking 525pp should work.
Since we don't want to drive a challenging car, here's a thought. Let's just run every race at Daytona, Indy, or the Motegi ring. We wouldn't want anybody to be challenged by a difficult track either.
Wait, I got it. New league rules:
400PP maximum, no weather, everyone must run Traction Control and we do the same 4 tracks every week. Daytona, Indy, Route X and Twin Ring SS.
That way we won't go too fast or make it too difficult for anyone.
Sign me up!:D
Preach, preach revolution.

Back